Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,156 members, 7,953,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:59 PM

Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? - TV/Movies (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? (21779 Views)

Murray-Bruce, Lai Mohammed At Genevieve Nnaji's Movie Premiere In Abuja / Enough With Nollywood Criticism - Time For Hollywood Criticism. / Ramsey Nouah And Emeka Enyiocha For Hollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by jiddah: 2:26pm On Nov 28, 2007
am being a pain? heard of the phrase"truth hurts"well dont take it too hard was just saying my opinion.

@eezy
and why are you so bitter?i also still insist they aint going anywhere but i also said if they continue at the pace and stupidity that theyy are going tongue

am not saying they are not good,aint no cause to blow heat over anything,they are good but sorry they aint going to hollywood tongue tongue tongue.

well the ones in hollywood? they dont have two heads and they are mere mortals,but they are good and maybe a lil better with good directors and better story lines,but the deal is if they nollwood does not start being creative hollywood would not be a place for them.sorry ya'll should not feel bad just continue giving them the suppport they need to create mediocrity,of course Hollywood is better than us but do we need their environment to do well in acting.

the problem with nollywood is just plenty,yes thanks jeff you mentioned make believing,do we have to wait for them to finish up the norm and start being creative,there was a yoruba film that came out "madam Dearest" that was a good movie it even had its own sound tracks,now thats an idea of creativity.

wateva cool,direct your attention to lancelot and ogoro,maybe it can boost them to even go to hollywood and back cool

@jeef,
i aint beefing,cos we aint doing the same thing. undecided
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by jeffoski(m): 3:08pm On Nov 30, 2007
jiddah pls don't get me wrong i was not beefin u at all i understand you perfectly and the angle you are coming from and believe me you are right & you really are making sense.

i'm not arguing the fact that Holloywood stars are not better than us and am not arguing that it's going to be easy for any nollywood star(or let just consetrate on Genevieve because most of the others i don't know if is acting they are doing or child's play))to make it.

but what am saying is that giving the chance she'll definatly do well and with time she'll be among the top.i definately can't compare her to Julia Robert ,Cameron Diaz,Halle Berry or Angelina Jolie(MY FAVORITE) that will be suicide but let see Jlo,Jessica Alba or even Beyonce watch the way they act and tell me, if Gene was given a similar role won't she do better even some of this top actress do win the worst award for their performance.

i still believe that she'll do well in Hollywood the only problem is that she should be ready to act serious sex roles and get nude if she really want to make it to the top or God might grant her favour and she won't have too.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by jiddah: 12:40pm On Dec 03, 2007
the so called atmosphere in hollywood was it not created by people?
the make believe scenes and everything.

the earlier they start being creative the better,and why do you have to say if gene is given a chance in hollywood she can do beta,there are some hollywood actors that even hardly get auditioned and even get parts,and an actor is good in wateva he is doing whenever wherever,why do we have to take gene to hollywood to see that she is worth being there.
the directors and producers should get creative,bring out the best in them and quit producing rubbish then we can see them featuring in a lil hollywood movie.

she is ok though(in Nollywood)
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by katchy(f): 6:11am On Jan 17, 2008
grin
Nigerians think that U.S.A exist in heaven layered with milk and honey that only superhumans exist in , fa fa foul. U.S.A have mere mortals like u and me. they struggle to survive and make money like we do back home in nigeria and they are all humans with blood running through their veins. GENEVIEVE will make it in holly wood all she need to do is learn her lines, gather more acting skills as she goes along and probably win an OSCAR. pls wat is the differnce btw Jennifer Hudson and Genevive. The only similarity i know is that they are both hollywood mediocres who put their all in their acting roles and one of them has won an OSCAR, the other, only time will tell.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Guchis(f): 10:48am On Jan 17, 2008
Genny's a good actress, she's got the poise and carriage that goes with being a star. I have no doubt she'll make in Hollywood when (yeah, when) she eventually gets there.
You go girl, all da best!!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Seun(m): 10:49am On Jan 17, 2008
In Nigeria, she's a queen. In the US, she'll just another struggling African actress. Not worth it. wink
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Guchis(f): 11:36am On Jan 17, 2008
Seun:

In Nigeria, she's a queen. In the US, she'll just another struggling African actress. Not worth it. wink
Taste of the pudding is in the eating. Let her face the struggles first and make her decisions. The experience won't stop her from being a queen in Africa.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 17, 2008
Guchis:

Taste of the pudding is in the eating. Let her face the struggles first and make her decisions. The experience won't stop her from being a queen in Africa.
So very very true.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by amylizzy(f): 6:42pm On Feb 08, 2008
genie should get lost. {rip}
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by kentrolevl: 8:11pm On Apr 07, 2008
grin no u shld get fuckin lost (rip)
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by lucabrasi(m): 1:05am On Apr 08, 2008
na beans, its better for her to stick to being queen of her nollywood, even white established english artise try for years to break hollywood without suceeding and you expect a casting director or whaeva they r called to risk casting an african unknown in a multi million dollar budget movie when there are millions of much more beautiful black girls in america,canada,uk and many other places before getting to nigeria, how will she cope with the accent and the big question what is the highest budget movie she has ever starred in maybe 20,000 dollars, the cast of sango the old epic film have a better chance in spite of the fact that they are viruattly unkown now
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by kentrolevl: 10:45pm On Apr 08, 2008
grin
Stop been myopic and pessimistic, these are 2 major elements of backwardness, It does not matter how many eurpeans and canadians that have tried to break hollywood, Destinies are different, Let her try and fail, black americans my foot, u guys dnt even know that the americans die and adore foriegn accents, nigerian inclusive
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by lucabrasi(m): 3:22am On Apr 09, 2008
kentrolevl:

grin
Stop been myopic and pessimistic, these are 2 major elements of backwardness, It does not matter how many eurpeans and canadians that have tried to break hollywood, Destinies are different, Let her try and fail, black americans my foot, u guys dnt even know that the americans die and adore foriegn accents, nigerian inclusive

if u hadnt said these first lines,i would have reckoned with your view but saying black americans your foot and going on about destiny shows you are the myopic and backward individual,who told you it does not matter how many canadians or europeans break into hollywood?lets forget about racism totally now and just talk business,if you had say 70 million dollars to invest in a film, would you honestly consider starring a nollywood actress whose biggest film she has starred in prolly cost no more than 20,000 dollars?of course she is trying and so are other people as well but you dont see them working out do you,,go watch the film the brave or brave no sure which featuring that nigerian woman from cock crow at dawn and jodie foster and tell me if the film made any impact,you need to go check film previews and see the kinda silly stuffs people look out for before you start yarning,which americans die and adorn african accents as if we have not been to the america before or dyu think you r talking to a nigerian based, if they adore them so much apart from olu jacobs who had a small role in the gods must be crazy like in the 70's what other nigeria or how many africans dyu know, abeg leave sentiments and say the truth for once
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by amylizzy(f): 5:12pm On Apr 09, 2008
kentrolevl: no u shld get fucking lost how do u like it now!!!!!!!!!! bitch!
i'll give you my fist and my middle finger if i have too. asshole. u don't know my like that so don't play with me like dat!!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by FMK(m): 7:29am On Apr 11, 2008
Ammylyzzy,

be more carefull when you are talking be carefull to lead about offensive words anyway where have you been all that time i have been looking for you ? send me an Email Please I am FMK you remember ?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by FMK(m): 5:23pm On Apr 12, 2008
guys,

before  you started   discussing from what issues  you based ? beauty, Acting, pleasure,Budget, Professionalism, etc, ?  or what   if I balance, in your nollywood there is not  any actress or actor   whose a Budget movies cost above 20,000 USD.   this is  20,000 Usd or less than 20,000 USd   you need to know that Hollywood budget  movies  cost  billion of  Dolllars  not billion of naira but i say Dollar  do you think that This Girl you are talking about can make  a revenue of billion of Dollar  if she act in hoollywood   are you sure  ? do you think the way that you find out the  bread to eat  in nollywood as you can act as  everyone can  being actor or not, is the same that you can in Hollywood ? do not make joke      the fact in Hollywood is not  beauty  or africa queen  pleasure to act  but   is revenue first.   to be famous or queen  does not  matter , the matter is to ensure if she can make  Billion of Dollars  in acting 
in nollywood i can become actor at five minutes  but in Hollywood it will take  me years
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by lucabrasi(m): 8:39pm On Apr 12, 2008
FMK:

guys,

before you started discussing from what issues you based ? beauty, Acting, pleasure,Budget, Professionalism, etc, ? or what if I balance, in your nollywood there is not any actress or actor whose a Budget movies cost above 20,000 USD. this is 20,000 Usd or less than 20,000 USd you need to know that Hollywood budget movies cost billion of Dolllars not billion of naira but i say Dollar do you think that This Girl you are talking about can make a revenue of billion of Dollar if she act in hoollywood are you sure ? do you think the way that you find out the bread to eat in nollywood as you can act as everyone can being actor or not, is the same that you can in Hollywood ? do not make joke the fact in Hollywood is not beauty or africa queen pleasure to act but is revenue first. to be famous or queen does not matter , the matter is to ensure if she can make Billion of Dollars in acting
in nollywood i can become actor at five minutes but in Hollywood it will take me years

on point dude,you r on point there, most people put sentiments above reason and thats the thing hollywood wont do,thats why the industry is a multi million dollar industry
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by topssy(m): 11:52pm On Apr 13, 2008
Hi guys,checkout my site www.destinyndreamz.co.uk
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by UARESTUPID: 12:33am On Jun 22, 2008
@ TOPSSY, NICE SITE. AS 4R D REST OF U, HOLLYWOOD IS VERY OVER RATED. IF IT WAS HALF AS GOOD AS U AFRICANS MAKE IT OUT TO BE, OTHER COUNTRIES FILM INDUSTRIES WOULD HAVE BEEN DEAD, AND PEOPLE WOULD NOT WATCH ANY OTHER MOVIES MOST OF THE TIME.

FUNNY THING IS DESPITE THE FACT THAT U SAY AFRICAN MOVIES ARE CRAP, THEY ARE BOUGHT MORE THAN ANY OTHERS BY U GUYZ, FOREIGN MOVIES ARE WALLOWING IN DUST, AND EVEN PEOPLE OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY THAT WHINE ABOUT OT, TREAT IT LIKE HOT CAKE AND STAND IN LINE 2 WATCH IT!.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by ogwumgbe: 1:24pm On Oct 02, 2008
You people have been so brainwashed by the west to think that what ever they do is the best. I do not see any sophiscation in American movie that no one in Nollywood cannot meet. Genevieve is better than many actresses their and can perform well.

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Thirdborn: 8:12pm On Oct 02, 2008
I don't know why many people here have not asked themselves one question. Gene does not have to go to Hollywood. Hollywood has been to Africa to shoot many movies over the years. The thing is of all the movies they have shot why have they not cast Gene in one single scene. WHY? cos she is either not good enough or is in an industry that is not good enough. That's why they use T.V stars, I repeat T.V stars (not movie stars) from other African countries in their movies. Ain't that a shame?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by shotster50(m): 1:19pm On Oct 15, 2008
This is 2008 and she wrote that article in 2005. She still hasnt made it to Hollywood, Doesnt that tell you everything you need to know?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by teissys(f): 3:04pm On Nov 24, 2008
shotster50:

This is 2008 and she wrote that article in 2005. She still hasnt made it to Hollywood, Doesnt that tell you everything you need to know?

I agree with you, bro. Not that the movie industry in my country is any better, maybe this Beautiful African Queen should come out and write another article, elaborating on how far she has gone with her Hollywood ambition.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by money101: 3:58pm On Nov 26, 2008
i still believe that she'll do well in Hollywood the only problem is that she should be ready to act serious sex roles and get nude if she really want to make it to the top or God might grant her favour and she won't have too.

jeffoski are you the one who is going to take her to Hollywood to make her do well?
Why do you people always put yourselves in an inferior position? Genevieve acts for Nigerians. She tells Nigerian stories.

Her films are for us and not for the Hollywood audience. When our young Nigerian boys won the world cup with coach Tella did they have to ask Argentina or Brazil to acknowledge them as world champions?

She does not need Hollywood to be great. All she needs is for the people of Nigeria, Politicians, Businessmen, investors to put in Money to the Nigerian creative film makers. That way they will get the best equipment to tell stories that we in Nigeria can identify with.

[b]Nigerian films, and Nigerian film makers, Nigerian actors, directors and Nigerian viewers are all great. [/b]Forget Hollywood.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by teababy: 6:56pm On Aug 07, 2009
No no no no, she should be praying 4 hollywoods waka pass role,

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Download Nollywood Movies / Review Of Nollywood In 2016. / Mercy Johnson And Funke Akindele On Set Of New Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.