Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,345 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? (21101 Views)

Murray-Bruce, Lai Mohammed At Genevieve Nnaji's Movie Premiere In Abuja / Enough With Nollywood Criticism - Time For Hollywood Criticism. / Ramsey Nouah And Emeka Enyiocha For Hollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by wanks(m): 10:23pm On Aug 09, 2006
dolly_pee i,m not at biu in borno, whats that place?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Orikinla(m): 10:53pm On Aug 09, 2006
I went to Port Harcourt last Saturday to celebrate the 50th birthday of Mr. Charles Onu the younger brother of Chika Onu, one of the most accomplished directors in Nollywood.

We discussed about the present situation in Nollywood and the fact that Genevieve Nnaji has moved on to greater goals. Chika's aunt was close to the mother of Genevieve when they were still living in Surulere where she got pregnant in secondary school. And her chances of breaking into Nollywood. Chika said Genevieve has what most Nigerian actresses don't have. Carriage and poise.

Later, Mr. Tunji Adeshina and his crew joined the party. Tunji directed "The Last Hope" where I had problems with Zack Amata and I gave up my role after the third take and gave the role to Chuka Solomon who was a younger man from my neighbourhood and needed the lucky break. Tunji also gave my cousin Emeka Enyiocha his first baptism in acting. Tunji and I have known each other since the 80s. I was a scriptwriter for NTA Channel 10 from when I was 18. He is now a director of programmes at NTA Port Harcourt and consulting Chika to produce a soap opera for NTA Port Harcourt.

I had a good time at the party hosted by the celebrant in his mansion on Orominike Street in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. And I returned to Bonny Island hours ago.

Chika Onu is one of the very few Nigerian filmmakers I respect and I can work with. Because, he is straight forward. And since he relocated from Lagos to Port Harcourt, we have been meeting to deliberate on our projects. I have decided to work with him on the production of my first film "Oma". "Oma" is only the working title.

Chika has won many highly coveted prizes since he won the 1975 J.F. Kennedy International Essay Award.

I told Chika Onu that if South Africa can win the Oscar, Nigeria can also win it. And we agreed to take up the challenge of making films that will win us the most coveted laurels in the film industry. And I need more executive producers to produce "Oma".

I told Chika that I don't see any star in Nollywood who can play the lead role of Oma. Genevieve is too old for the role. And the film will make the actress playing Oma an instant star, because of the controversial mystique that makes her unique. And I have already received the cooperation and support of my partners in California.

N.B: Photographs show Chika Onu on the locations of some of the best movies he directed.

Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by edygirl(f): 11:24pm On Aug 09, 2006
Thanx to you Orinkinla but I really don't need her e-mail address. I have not even finished writing to my friends that will read my mails all the time let alone somebody that is not even my fan. She is cool tho but if you want you can give her my address. She can write me.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Orikinla(m): 11:39pm On Aug 09, 2006
Yes ma.

If I may quote you-Even as I was praying my prayer has already been answered.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by edygirl(f): 11:40pm On Aug 09, 2006
Orikinla why you dey Quote me now? Abeg leave me alone. smiley
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Orikinla(m): 11:56pm On Aug 09, 2006
I no go leave u oh!
Nne, na for better for best for us.

Just oblige to preview and comment on my latest book • Scarlet Tears of London
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/184728051X/sr=1-1/qid=1155163974/ref=sr_1_1/104-7073708-8781545?ie=UTF8&s=books
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by edygirl(f): 12:00am On Aug 10, 2006
You are cracking me up. Nice job tho but I don't like buying things on line.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Orikinla(m): 12:14am On Aug 10, 2006
I am not asking you to buy it.
Just preview and comment on it.
Finis.

Why?
Because, I respect your intellect.

I am going to bed.
God bless.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by edygirl(f): 12:15am On Aug 10, 2006
Sleep tight. I will do exactly as you said. wink
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Eurphoria(f): 1:12am On Aug 10, 2006
wink

Easy on the gossip
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by wanks(m): 10:50pm On Aug 12, 2006
Ori, its great she says she is going to Hollywood to win an oscar. But i,m still confused, did she say FIREWooD or Nollywoo, because if she actually said Hollywoo, then she,ll have to work a million times harder to get an award like that of TOM & JERRY, not those two shot boring one, but the cat and mouse who always top the catoonnetwork channel.
This kind of sounds impossible for her to get to their level but she could to make it thru the back door into holywoo, Great she is shot and beautiful but her shot black legs too, pimpled colonised faced and naughty mouth won,t allow her to progress
O O! WHO ARE WE TALKING ABOUT HERE, gEENEVIVE NAKI
PLEASE TELL HER I,LL CLIMP A MOUNTAIN TO GET THE ADRESS OF TOM AND JERRY, NOT HER KEEP IT FOR URSELF AND HERSELF
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by chidichris(m): 9:16am On Aug 13, 2006
self-services, you are not a moon not to talk of been a star.
remember, life is destiny and luck. sometimes, the rejected stone could be the pillar of the house.
do not cry over peoples achievements or celebrate their downfall. thank God when your fellow human being is prosperious and then tell God to make way for u. those who appreciate good things get good things and this is one of those natural laws.
remember once a star is a star forever. you will be expecting to see her in hoolywood tomorrow and she appears again at the senate as a member of the house and you can't help but continue in ur backyard gossips.
Gene is too much so do not cry over a split milk and remember no matter where goes, she can't be as poor as , again. she is a bigger girl and there is nothing u can do about that hence i suggest that since u cannot beat them why not join them LOL
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Echidime(m): 7:22pm On Aug 13, 2006
Hello Everyone,

Genny is a nice lady, I love her just as I love every other female actress our great country has produce,the sky is the limite for everyone. Genevieve I wish you more success in your acting. Carry on the Good Lord is with you ok;

I wish same thing to all actors male or female.

With Love
Echidime
cameroun
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by prncss(f): 8:25pm On Aug 26, 2006
nobody can be the judge on wether she can make it to hollywood we are not the ones to critizize i dont think any of her critics ever made a movie so until one makes it in life as much as she has we have nothin to say about her we all talk but none of us ever starred in a movie besides if she has the heart to make it then she can do it and let people jus stop being haterz
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by jayvinnie(m): 10:39am On Sep 01, 2006
our beloved Genevieve is one of the few Nigerian actresses blessed with so many loyal fans.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by fantastico(f): 4:45pm On Sep 05, 2006
come to think of it the world is for whoever dares to take it. i believe genevieve can be the best she desires and having survived the difficult terrain her the sky will be her starting point if she dares. To me hollywood is the least of hurdles she can survive.
Fantastico
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Jalal(m): 12:07pm On Nov 29, 2006
If wishes was horses, beggars wud gallop grin grin grin grin
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by rimzzy(f): 6:55pm On Nov 29, 2006
u know if we can just leave genny alone life would be more intresting she has made her mark she is one actress with carriage and poise she rocks nollywood and will rock hollywood too her movies are exceptional,she has talent and she has used it well to have fame and money if we use our talents well i think this world would be a better place .go genny u are de best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by chidichris(m): 8:32am On Dec 14, 2006
if anyone survives in nollywood, he/she will in hollywood.
we used to think the same thing about football but today we know that big clubs like barca and chelsea like the blacks to be their hitmen. - can we see Etoo, drogba, martins, kanu and yakubu as the hitmen of their various clubs.
remember, the facilities are there and the awareness are there, all it will take is time to adapt and before you know it, she has become too famous to be ignored in important movies.
do u think hollywood have better commedians, actors and actresses? do u believe that if people like clint de drunk, Ibu and osuofia are in hollywood, they will be where they are? watch eddy murphy, will smith and others who are leading comedians in the hollywood and see what they do and americans will laugh off their hearts and paying good sums of money for that.
i wish her well and i believe in her ability, all she need is to be there and she will not come back the same. breaking in is always the problem but i know as an african woman, she won't miss her target if she gets there.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by omohoney(m): 11:50pm On Jan 04, 2007
Hollywood is no meat or beans and if Genny thinks she wants to flaunt, it would take eternity because she doesn't have American accent for goodness sake. Well i pray her wildest dream come to reality but check it out now,
this girl forms and boasts a lot that can't take her nowhere, it could only take her to ROLLYWOOD.[color=#990000][/color] grin
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by cynthia87: 4:02pm On Jan 10, 2007
Hello genny, i'm a cameroonian girl and i approciate what your are doing and i wish you success forever, no matter the fact that things will not be possible in the way you want it to be, but keep courage and everything is gonna be okay.
cool cheesy smiley it's been petronella from cameroon
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by tundeyoung: 10:15pm On Jan 10, 2007
Volunteers wanted for Nigeria's first Professional internet only Radio station.
Talents needed:
DJ's
Presenters
Reporters
Any location
Previous training and experience not required. We will train the right people.
Only serious inquiries, please!
Interested?
Describe yourself in one paragraph to virgovisions[at]inbox[dot]com
Please include contact details.

If you love to talk, crazy about Nigerian music and got some time to spare, come talk to us.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by chidichris(m): 8:43am On Jan 15, 2007
pls let us judge geny with her latest movie( girls cot).
she is simply too much.
pls for the man talking about american ascent, guys from my place living in america have all got american ascent and non of them left naijer with that so when she gets there she will buy that at their airport if that is ur only worry.
please for those of u yet to watch the girls cot try and do so. it is a movie to watch. i bow for her after watching the movie.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Elpee(f): 7:45pm On Jan 15, 2007
Omo bon u guys 4 ril Genevieve won't make it, she's so far 4rm even smelling church stages in US,  if at all she gets a role in US it would b something minute no one wuld notice her,  probably a janitor or somethin!!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by angelz(f): 9:52pm On Jan 15, 2007
She can make me dia. She's well fit 4 d job. She's so cute n good. Jus gav her sm respect all u antigenny.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Elpee(f): 9:33pm On Jan 16, 2007
I ain't saying dat she's not okay 4 sure she's ok, she's not da best, she should stick her bum in naija where she would b appreciated, not some foreign mans land where she would b a minor thingy in the comedys they produce without licences.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by katchy(f): 12:09am On Jan 20, 2007
grin Genevieve happens to be the BEST actress in nigeria to my own opinion. She is beautiful, has a lot of aura and acts well and am a big fan.But am a realist, Hollywood involves a lot of challenges, Fittng in, making the right connections and having the large american public behind you. It's a tall dream but you nevr can tell miracles do happen. But my candid advice to gen is start with the local dramas in the US and see if you will Fit in properly before you think of Hollywood, ok love.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Saymamy(f): 1:19am On Feb 11, 2007
Basically,Ithink she is not.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Damsal(f): 3:00pm On Feb 11, 2007
Interesting is this becasue she has no talent or casue she aint hot, casue i don't know what more she would need to get into Hollywood.

My bad she would need to be a little bit more fake, get a couple of mugshots and have dated a couple of prolific actors. I guess by then she'll be ready for Hollywood.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by alabiyemmy(m): 4:11pm On Feb 11, 2007
Hollywood? she doesnt have the accent - majority will find it hard understanding her.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by toptho(f): 6:02pm On Feb 11, 2007
hmm lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Jen33(m): 7:23pm On Feb 18, 2007
More important is WHY should we be expecting her to go to Hollywood?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Frodd And Seyi Reconciles, Hug Themselves After Clash Over Alcoholic Beverages / Photos From Bbnaija Old School Themed Saturday Night Party - Week 7 / Names Of Interesting Korean Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.