Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,175 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? (21127 Views)

Murray-Bruce, Lai Mohammed At Genevieve Nnaji's Movie Premiere In Abuja / Enough With Nollywood Criticism - Time For Hollywood Criticism. / Ramsey Nouah And Emeka Enyiocha For Hollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by nddy(m): 4:11am On Aug 16, 2005
I aint saying she is not a good actress, my point is that she is good, excellent for Nollywood not Hollywood, Hollywood is not for amatuers, its for big tymers.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by hotangel2(f): 4:13am On Aug 16, 2005
If she is determined she can get there. If she is good for Nollywood, she can be good for Hollywood. Did u read what the guy said??

It's rather about talents, self confidence, believing in yourself, and having Faith for those who believe in God
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by nddy(m): 4:16am On Aug 16, 2005
sorry to disappoint you he is wrong
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by hotangel2(f): 4:17am On Aug 16, 2005
Sorry to disagree with you, She's right!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Jackie(f): 4:23am On Aug 16, 2005
Hey seemed to be some confusion i am a female.

Nobody is born a professional;, everybody has a chance it's one step at a time
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by nddy(m): 4:26am On Aug 16, 2005
oops my bad
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Seun(m): 6:58am On Aug 16, 2005
The main point of my last post is that hollywood actors are not responsible for the sophistication of hollywood movies. Did you get that? Actors all over the world are all the same - all they do is read the lines and follow the directions of the script; that's all. The only thing that's special about "top" actors is that, thanks to their fan following, they get the chance to work on the best films. This is simply because the producer knows that the mere presence of those actors in the movie will make it sell more.

Genevieve Nnaji doesn't get paid better than other actresses because she's more talented. She gets paid more because if I, Seun, am able to get her to act in my debut movie, people will buy it because of Genevieve's face on it. There's even a story that says that the reason Genevieve Nnaji became popular in the first place is because she was charging a low fee for appearance in each movie and acted in so many movies that she because ubiquitous. Yes, talent is helpful in acting but being in the right place at the right time can be even more helpful!

So the issue of Genevieve Nnaji making it in Hollywood is not about her talent; it's about her ability to give the hollywood movie producers the same confidence that she gives Nolywood producers, that "if I put this girl in my movie, it will most likely sell like hot cake". How many fans exactly does she have in the US? Are they concentrated in one place so the movie producer can earn from cinema showings? Even if she makes more than in Nigeria, will it be enough to survive in the expensive hollywood environment?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by hotangel2(f): 7:46am On Aug 16, 2005
Oh well, if she acts and Hollywood movie, and the movie is promoted just like other french movies..it will sell and be hot-cake here. She will act with some Already known hollywood stars, who has their own fans that will wanna see the movie cos of them. if those fans see the movie cos of their fav.actor/actress and see's genevieve and the way she acts, they ould start loving her and before you know, her fans in US will increase. If she acts Hollywood movie, the movie will sell in Africa so much and that should help her.

You know one funny thing?? I started this thread criticizing miss genny, and here i am having faith in her. Gosh!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by barbie: 12:48am On Aug 20, 2005
I live in the United States and trust me it's very hard to break into tables because there are so many girls waiting tables in hollwood hoping to be stars, if genevieve wants to break into hollywood she will have to first change her accent totally that's what matters because the audience should be able to understand every word she says and then surpass the girls who are waiting at the gates of hollwood hoping to get in someday and there's one other thing she has to change her skin color (if possible) because black people aren't taken that good in hollywood unless if she wants to go for the black entertainment production in hollywood, that's my say.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by hotangel2(f): 12:53am On Aug 20, 2005
Do the british Hollywood stars change their accents?? NO! And ohhh girl please don't go there?? Skin color?? Wy not tell that to ermm, Regina King, and other black hollywood stars. Don't say accents and skin color will hinder her from being in hollywood.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by sage(m): 1:14am On Aug 20, 2005
Hot angel

SHE WOULD DEFINETLY HAVE TO CHANGE HER ACCENT AND THIS IS NOT DEBATABLE OR NEGOTIABLE. IT IS NOT 4 US TO ARGUE. THERE IS ONE NIGERIAN GUY WHO FEATURES IN CANADIAN MOVIES AND TELE AND HE SAID THE BIGGEST PROBLEM FOR AN AFRICAN WILL FOREVER BE ACCENTS.

Hollywood might accept the british accent, when it fits a role(and maybe cos its british) nut the (gbugburu) african accent is totally intolarable. Remember the other actors and the whole audience MUST understand everythin you say, and dont tell me its about corect english, its about accent
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by hotangel2(f): 1:19am On Aug 20, 2005
Oh spare me that!
Don't say she will definitely have to change her accent. She speaks good english for heaven's sake. There will forever be her accent, yeah i know. But that isn't the biggest hinderance to Hollywood. Didn't RmD act in, That movie ..... uhm, (gosh i can't remeber. It went to the theaters and whatnot. with bukky ajayi). Genivieve can act part with her accents and in fact the accent maybe what will make the scene more interesting. I am glad u said the African man can never leave his accents, that's what makes us African.

The same way an British accented hollywood star, acts with her accent, is the same way, an Indian accented hollywood star acts, and it's going to be the same way, A Nigerian African accented "star" will act. they are just going to accept her for the way she is.

Chinese people act with their accent, tell me u can't here them?? Please come up with a better hinderance to hollywood. Accent my black ass.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Jackie(f): 2:17am On Aug 20, 2005
Barbir u leave in the US huh   and it still hasn't dawn on u that US is a diversified place . Far gone are the days of slavery. Your statements rather reflect a derogative pass i mean years ago. angry as from now u should begin to know that no matter ur accent, skin color u can go anywhere u want. Taye Diggs "How Stella gained her grove" He is black and a Jamaican with an accent, it hit the top chart on billboard. come to think of it his accent made it more unique.If u are good at what u do, then it's all at ur fingertips. He's futured in may other movies and all sorts of magazine. Let nothing hold you back in anything.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by EzehM(m): 5:44pm On Sep 09, 2005
Genny is my home girl and I think she does have some talent, a lot of it actually. But any talk about Hollywood might just be a wee bit untimely. I think there are masses of factors (ability, politics etc) that might make that dream unfeasible. I read RMD’s article online a while ago, and my first opinion at the time was that he possibly must have missed his medication before he wrote it. A bit harsh I know, I think he either believed it or wanted to impress her. Whichever way I think we all know our level(s) in the scheme of things. Nigeria and Nigerians have always had a very dreamlike opinion about themselves. While this isn’t such a terrible thing - it helps to be factual …If we start doing that then maybe we would be on track to sorting out our problems.

Genny, there is nothing wrong with being a big fish in a small pond.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by sweetnini(f): 3:47am On Sep 16, 2005
first of all thank i will like to thank those who are sensible.gene.if i say u can't make it(which might be true)i ll be predicting the future which I'm not supposed to do.why didn't u keep Ur opinion to yourself and go for an audition first if u are taken its Ur luck.this hollywood thing is for u to decide by yourself not writing it for us to see, and for Ur information hollywood is not to be compared to nollywood .if she goes it might work and it might not .how can she compare nollywood to hollywood when bollywood is there.are u sure this Mr bovi is not in love with her and is trying to swear her head?

i will advice Genny to stay around Africa where her fans are

its your choice my dear .oh............before i forget when u get there do not compare hollywood to nollywood please kiss
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by mia: 7:36pm On Sep 27, 2005
ya'll should get real, that B**** aint going no where. she's so rude and arrogant maybe some of u should give her a call and see how she'll react. or she feels becos she's been F***ED by Atiku at her backside she can get anywhere in the world. she's so full of SHIT!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by mia: 7:43pm On Sep 27, 2005
HOT ANGEL

wats d side up for genny all abt, am sure u've never called her. she's too fake for an actress there r millions of americans who want to be in hollywood and who r more talented than genny but they avent got there. genny needs to go to school and remain in africa where she is recognised.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by hotangel2(f): 10:17pm On Sep 27, 2005
This is personal hatred for genny oo. Ah!

That's you point of view anyways. I aint never talked to her. All i know is, she has acting talents and she can get anywhere if she wants to.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Jackie(f): 11:36pm On Sep 27, 2005
@Mia Sounds like u have a personal issue with Gennie, that not withstanding i think she does a good job, she has the talents, and she can make it to any where Holllywood or no Hollywood. All she need to stay focused, collected, detemined and pray and she will get there cheesy cheesy wink Keep goin' Gennie critism will only make you work harder and stay strong OK
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by virozuru(f): 4:03am On Sep 29, 2005
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by hotangel2(f): 4:13am On Sep 29, 2005
Dude, this is about Genny going into hollywood... it ain't about criticizing Nigerian movies. And uhmm, who the chicken-heads are??
Pssh.. yeah u dont live in Nigeria, so? They dont dress like the '90s.

Welcome to NL. Hope to see more of ur posts.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by virozuru(f): 4:27am On Sep 29, 2005
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by hotangel2(f): 4:32am On Sep 29, 2005
rolleyes Like hello! I aint defending genny.. I am just making a point. First of all u said "who the people hating on G", You also said "the people hating on G needs to stop". Hello, you r amongst them now.. like duhhh!

See.. i aint in love with genny.. i started this whole thing saying she aint gon make it in hollywood.. but i realised if she's determined.. she'll make it.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 29, 2005
man y not she can act , but she gone have to step her game up though
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by WesleyanA(f): 8:31pm On Oct 01, 2005
kc, you think she's going to hollywood?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by mia: 12:21am On Oct 02, 2005
wat r u guys stressing and arguing abt genny, this is no topic. find something reasonable to argue on like stella damasus going to hollywood. y'all have time for this, this is wack!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by hotangel2(f): 5:45pm On Oct 02, 2005
Wack? Okay. angry tongue rolleyes
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by mia: 6:09pm On Oct 02, 2005
hey hot angel was xpecting smthing from u, like this girl is shit talking abt genny like this. nice to meet u am new on this, just joined naira land last week.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by hotangel2(f): 6:11pm On Oct 02, 2005
awwww.... u tot i was mean! cry Nooo.. everyone has the right to talk abt whatever/whoever any way they like. yay.. welcome to nairaland. Have u introduced urself yet? smiley
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by mia: 12:38pm On Oct 04, 2005
where u at hot angel? dont wanna introduce maself cos its really not important. so how's the genny for hollywood going. read ur profile and it was cool, cant find it anymore to read. can we ave some private talk besides this nairaland shit.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 04, 2005
nah i dont think she is , i think she can be in it tho slight chance
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by gina34(f): 4:49pm On Oct 06, 2005
@Mia angry sad
I hate the way u are talking about Genny
she is talented wther u like it or not
the fact that u hate her does not remove anything from her.
She is a big time actress right here in Nigeria so spare me with this your rubbish stuffs about her

Any time any day she is my GIRL.

As for Stella she is a talented actress also but G. is DA bomb take it or live.

Check out the LUx Advert And how much dough is involved.Then you will know that she is a blessed girl. smiley
After all she is not the most beautiful girl in NJ but she got landed with the advert.

Beware nobody talks bad about her in my presence else u will get my wrath angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Names Of Interesting Korean Movies / Photos From Bbnaija Old School Themed Saturday Night Party - Week 7 / Omoni Oboli's 'Love Is War' Premiere (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.