Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? - TV/Movies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? (21093 Views)

Murray-Bruce, Lai Mohammed At Genevieve Nnaji's Movie Premiere In Abuja / Enough With Nollywood Criticism - Time For Hollywood Criticism. / Ramsey Nouah And Emeka Enyiocha For Hollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by beebaybee(f): 12:03pm On Feb 19, 2007
who dash monkey banana
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by randomdude: 6:08pm On Feb 19, 2007
EVEN THOGUH SKY IS THE LIMIT, I THINK GENEVIEVE SHOULD NOT ATTEMPT GOING TO HOLLYWOOD, COS SHE IS STILL A MEDIOCRE IN TERMS OF ACTING ON INTERNATIONAL LEVEL, AND IN HOLLYWOOD THERE IS NO ROOM FOR MEDIOCRITY.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by 9ja4eva: 9:24am On Mar 23, 2007
Yeah Genny can make it in Hollywood.Shes class.It wldnt be a problem for her though.Hope to see her dere soon.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by katchy(f): 12:20pm On Mar 23, 2007
This holly wood thing does my head in. Some pple say genevieve is a dreamers, others say she has not got the accent so no one will understand her others say nigerian movies are mediocre etc. My answer is if nigerian movies are mediocre thaen that has to do with our average level of intelligence in nigeria. Instead of crticize , most of us here are graduated write a block buster script and give it to a producer. now for those who said genevieve is a dreamer, look at jennifer hudon, who knew her? she was an american idol reject yet, she gave her all to her role no faking and all that, and landed an OSCAR, and gloden globes when the likes of leo dicapro never smell am. then those who said she does not have the accent , That is why nigerian will remain fakers, adopting pples accent here and der, bloddy hell!! look at the movie the Last king of scotlan , where the actor bagged an OSCAR, did you hear him speaking the posh english accent?? nooooo. He was acting his role and putting life into it ,with a ho rrible african accent and was well understood by all that gave him the voting for the OSCAR. Nigerians lets start appreciating our own and not been jealous, than appreciating oyibo wey no just get our time. Genevieve , u rock and ur a biggg girl no matter what they say. try hollywood who knows you could be the next jennifer Hudson.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by 9ja4eva: 10:11pm On Mar 23, 2007
Exactly.Shes class so haters keep on hating.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by suko(f): 12:46pm On Mar 29, 2007
Yes i strongly believe she will do more than some of them over there,Genny is to good to be good, everything depends on self confident,which i know she had,so Genny girl move on God is with you and He will never disappoint you,pls don,t let me down okey,one love Suko
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by 9ja4eva: 4:09am On Apr 01, 2007
Correct post.Shes got d whole package.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Mosetra(f): 12:22pm On Apr 25, 2007
Well, while nothing is impossible, genny comparing nollywood to hollywood is sickening. soon she will say she is better than all hollywood actresses. she just xhibited the trait of one with a complex. abeg don't ask me if it is superior or inferior. i no know. undecided

but seriously most nigerian movies are total rubbish what with churning out movies every week with the same actors and actresses. abegi! grin
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by kellorah: 12:24pm On Apr 25, 2007
i think she's hollywood material wink
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by naijabelle: 4:15am On Apr 27, 2007
she couldn't possible make it hollywood. Hollywood is for the big tymers with serious talent and connections. Gene is a well balanced actor, i dnt see anything all tat special that can take her to the top. Although she may be the top in nigeria and even africa, but in the US she would be at the bottom of the pack.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by 9ja4eva: 4:24am On Apr 27, 2007
She is ready and can fit in
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by kellorah: 7:36pm On Apr 27, 2007
yep. she can fit in, besides, she can always learn to (if people say she can't) afterall, rome wasn't built in one day undecided
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by 9ja4eva: 8:34am On Apr 29, 2007
I dnt get her critics oh.Nice word jare
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 30, 2007
what so special about hollywood that she can not go there i think she can make it
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by 9ja4eva: 5:35am On May 01, 2007
Help me ask dem oh.Its so overhyped i think
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by nnenneigbo(f): 2:06am On May 05, 2007
thank you ooo, all this haters just want to see her fail, jealousy won't get you guys anywhere.
randomdude:

EVEN THOGUH SKY IS THE LIMIT, I THINK GENEVIEVE SHOULD NOT ATTEMPT GOING TO HOLLYWOOD, COS SHE IS STILL A MEDIOCRE IN TERMS OF ACTING ON INTERNATIONAL LEVEL, AND IN HOLLYWOOD THERE IS NO ROOM FOR MEDIOCRITY.

she's better than lots of the so called stars in hollywood, gene doesn't need body doubles, she's got the body and facial features in abundance. Even in nollywood, she looks more hollywood already.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by 9ja4eva: 8:57am On May 06, 2007
Preach on oh sister.Haterz take note
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Ollie39: 7:41pm On May 11, 2007
There is no comparison between Jenifer Hudson and the so called Genevieve. Remember that the last stages of American idol is not about talent, it is who the public like and vote for so Jenifer did not make it. But she has an amazing voice and her acting in the Dreamgirls was impeccable.

I have not seen anything anyway near to Jennifer's acting in any Nigerian actor male or female. In addition to Nigerian films lacking depth, substance and being unnecessarily violent, the actors (male & female) do not know how to act. It is as simple as that.

I wish her luck in Holllywood but please don't insult Jennifer Hudson's acting by comparing her with ANY Nigerian actreess. There is just no comparison.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by 9ja4eva: 8:26am On May 12, 2007
Who is Jennifer Hudson?What acting r u talking of?Dts an insult for real.Are you kidding me?Is it because she is in America u tink shes all dt?Have u checked out Nollywood actors n actresses?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by nnenneigbo(f): 10:15pm On May 13, 2007
Ollie39:

There is no comparison between Jenifer Hudson and the so called Genevieve. Remember that the last stages of American idol is not about talent, it is who the public like and vote for so Jenifer did not make it. But she has an amazing voice and her acting in the Dreamgirls was impeccable.

I have not seen anything anyway near to Jennifer's acting in any Nigerian actor male or female. In addition to Nigerian films lacking depth, substance and being unnecessarily violent, the actors (male & female) do not know how to act. It is as simple as that.

I wish her luck in Holllywood but please don't insult Jennifer Hudson's acting by comparing her with ANY Nigerian actreess. There is just no comparison.

what has jenny hudson got to do with Gene, what is this girl crying out about? na wahooo
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by colly(m): 11:01pm On May 13, 2007
I dont see hw hollywood or nollywood can b ready 4 anyone,if u ar lucky enough 2 act a movie in any of the woods then u are automatical ly part of it
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by adaflo: 12:08pm On May 15, 2007
Genevieve has always been my queen of heart, she acts well as far as am concerned, she is qualified for hollywood. There is no big deal in it, acting is her talent and because she does it with her whole heart and real, she will get there soon, this is my prayer for her. The people in hollywood are created by the same God that created you and I, they don't have two heads.

Rememeber, she won the Lux Beauty Advert, it's the beginning of her rise in stardom, her star is shinning no hand will block it.

She is equal to the task.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by nnenneigbo(f): 11:59pm On May 15, 2007
Gurl, you said it all, enemies of progress get behind her.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by mekoyo(m): 2:12pm On May 18, 2007
She can make if she believes in herself. I am a fan of genny and i'll encourage her to go all out there for it.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Nobody: 2:40am On May 23, 2007
Tell genny no be yam, she dey dream about am, no be her type dem dey find there
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by nnenneigbo(f): 9:22pm On May 23, 2007
hollywood is obsessed with beauty so gene will fit in there perfectly
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by 9ja4eva: 7:47am On May 26, 2007
Yes oh
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by PoDeep(m): 11:08am On Jun 04, 2007
Genevieve can make it in Hollywood. Hollywood is fake. Even I can make it there. She'll just learn like every once naive mofo did. Its not so hard. Just hope she's ready for d nudity & all.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by hype: 10:40am On Jun 05, 2007
Na who dash monkey banana! Wetin dey wan use Genevieve do for hollywood when they have more than enough talented actresses.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by PoDeep(m): 1:44pm On Jun 05, 2007
She could start from sitcoms etc
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by PoDeep(m): 1:45pm On Jun 05, 2007
She could start from sitcoms etc
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by 9ja4eva: 3:37am On Jun 06, 2007
hype:

Na who dash monkey banana! Wetin dey wan use Genevieve do for hollywood when they have more than enough talented actresses.

E be like say u see Hollywood like heaven.When she reach dere u go see am

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Frodd And Seyi Reconciles, Hug Themselves After Clash Over Alcoholic Beverages / Photos From Bbnaija Old School Themed Saturday Night Party - Week 7 / Names Of Interesting Korean Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.