Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? (21117 Views)

Murray-Bruce, Lai Mohammed At Genevieve Nnaji's Movie Premiere In Abuja / Enough With Nollywood Criticism - Time For Hollywood Criticism. / Ramsey Nouah And Emeka Enyiocha For Hollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by joshjosh(m): 1:58am On Oct 10, 2005
ok you all apply break and common sence to this genny business. the girl is great and for those of you who dont know. hollywood is not about acting or entertainment but a money making big business. it is an imperialist tool to change the way you guys live and spend your money without knowing it.

most of you will be shocked to see how many software/s, make up artist/s, body double and re-takes that go into just 2 hours video / film.

some one talked about yaya acting. didn't it oocur to you the fact that she had the exposure already means she was good for marketing.

if our young genny go get herself a good agent and publicist that would give her raving reviews i bet she would break through even on her debut. it is not acting that makes films. it is marketing and casting. did you remember halle berry failed with cat woman because the film was not marketed properly because they thought her oscar winning alone would pack in the crowd. many of madonna films have failed too despite all her fame without the publicity machine.

there is no good film. all you have is a good and sleek publicity machine.

sophie okonedo just nearly won the oscars. i reda from sreen the publicity for that film was cool £10,000,000. now you know why you heard of a poor film.

any way she has said God will help her and who can beat that dimension. when the almighty is on your side, u are unstopable.

watch out for the lady in your glossy.

have a good day you all

josh
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by hotangel2(f): 2:06am On Oct 10, 2005
Word! Welcome to nairaland josh.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by joshjosh(m): 2:19am On Oct 10, 2005
all these accent business have one cure.  a  daily dose of  voice over.  that is the holly wood answer to french actor doing english scenes and american  doing french and italian films.  it is amazing what  pinacle/avid and adobe premiere allows in an editing suite.

these days you can do anything given the right tools.  many of you have CDs and cassette tapes you thought someone you knew sang and it is all a  con.   the audio visual world is a big con and the world has fallen for it big time.  if they can make a star of  plastics toys through  cartoons and animations, i wonder why you think we cant give you human being as a great actor.

time warner/ sony / dreamworks / working title / endemol and other giants are after your wallet if it takes them 6 hours to retake a scene to get it  that is exactly what  you will get.  some actress you see today talk  like men  and boy did you fall for the tricks, make up and light effects  of course you did.

please stop stressing yourself. this girl is  going to go some big place.

dont say i told you
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by hotangel2(f): 2:21am On Oct 10, 2005
WORD smiley
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by joshjosh(m): 2:22am On Oct 10, 2005
thanks hot angel hope you are well
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by hotangel2(f): 2:28am On Oct 10, 2005
Yes i am well. Welcome to nairaland once more. Introduce yourself and i am sure you'll enjoy ur stay here.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by joshjosh(m): 2:58am On Oct 10, 2005
tks. i hope so. i am male as that is obvious. i resides in queens own england and london to be precise.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by hotangel2(f): 3:20am On Oct 10, 2005
Amen. I know u'll enjoy ur stay here. cool
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by gina34(f): 4:26pm On Oct 10, 2005
Thank you Josh.Welcome to the forum.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by mia: 4:54pm On Oct 10, 2005
hey josh welcome to naira land
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by WesleyanA(f): 5:02pm On Oct 10, 2005
smiley hi joshy poo  smiley :winks:
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by joshjosh(m): 10:16pm On Oct 10, 2005
many thanks mia, wesleyanA, gina34 and the lovely hot angel. hope you are all well and had a great day.

i wish u all every good thing this lovely world has to offer plus peace of mind.

take charge

josh
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by gina(f): 11:48pm On Oct 10, 2005
i will advice u guys should stp sayin bad about genny, and fink abut urselves
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by hotangel2(f): 6:13am On Oct 11, 2005
Is it just me or do we now have two Gina's?? THis is gon be confusing! Welcome Gina... kiss kiss
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by gina34(f): 11:45am On Oct 11, 2005
well am GINA34 AND SHE IS JUST gina rolleyesI think u are right ha.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by loveth(f): 4:02pm On Oct 11, 2005
she is joking
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by mia: 6:03pm On Oct 15, 2005
welcome gina it's really crazy in hereeeee
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by kuffy(m): 4:15pm On Oct 17, 2005
The truth is that Nollywood cant be compared to Hollywood theres no disputing that fact.Back to the topic Genny.Genevieve Nnaji is one of the best things that has happened to the Nollywood take it or leave it.She shows charisma and good diction.My honest truth she is ripe for Hollywood.If given the chance i know she would represent Nigeria as well as Africa globally.She holds her own anyday anytime.Genny,just be urself.U R IRREPLACEABLE. kiss
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by kuffy(m): 4:16pm On Oct 17, 2005
The truth is that Nollywood cant be compared to Hollywood theres no disputing that fact.Back to the topic Genny.Genevieve Nnaji is one of the best things that has happened to the Nollywood take it or leave it.She shows charisma and good diction.My honest truth she is ripe for Hollywood.If given the chance i know she would represent Nigeria as well as Africa globally.She holds her own anyday anytime.Genny,just be urself.U R IRREPLACEABLE. kiss
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by gina34(f): 10:17am On Oct 18, 2005
kuffy u deserve a kiss 4 that post kiss kiss kiss
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by kuffy(m): 1:55pm On Oct 18, 2005
Thanks.Thats just the honest truth.We have to encourage and support our own.A lot of the so-called 'Hollywood' actresses cant stand her......have it in mind i am not exaggerating....The fact that Genny is good and she should just work more on herself,belief in her God-given talents,rely on God for guidiance and i can confidently say that The sky is her starting point. cheesy smiley kissThanks again Gina.how are u?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by gina34(f): 2:03pm On Oct 18, 2005
Thanks and am ok.
aRE U MALE OR FEMALE IF YOU DON'T MIND.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by loveth(f): 11:50am On Oct 19, 2005
Genevive is dancing,kidding,and smiling. smiley wink cheesy grin cool
Gina the name male's name.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 21, 2005
talking about accent being a barrier,have you seen ''the bourne identity''?it's an hollywood movie with top shots on parade.however,in my own opinion,something other than genny's accent may slow her down-she's definately got an attitude she should work on,charity begins at home...
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by gina34(f): 10:46am On Oct 21, 2005
@Candy
Expantiate pls coz i don't get ur gist.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by loveth(f): 12:26pm On Oct 21, 2005
cool
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by icingbaby(f): 10:50pm On Oct 25, 2005
genevieve don't even think about hollywood, you are not even fit to be in Hollywood.
smiley
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by gina34(f): 10:59am On Oct 26, 2005
Thats what you think girl.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by sj(f): 7:04am On Nov 01, 2005
genevieve is d best thing dat hapnd to nollyeood,take it or leave it.She's not a snob,she's just BLUNT & CANDID...plain and simple grin
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by adewale123: 5:38pm On Nov 03, 2005
i belive hollywood is ready for anybody i suppose.Holly wood needs smouldering hot talents and yong ones too to be the new face on the big screen.i will advice her to dream and work towards it....but do not listen to anybody,and i strongly belive in another year or two she will eb there,she is young ,beautiful and telented,why...she even changed the game in the nigerian home movie industry.forget whom she is ,her personality of which i am not privy to myself but im more interested in her career as i enjoy her movies though.go get'em girl you deserve it.you sem fearless,nigeria is a poor country,anyhow you wanna see it,forget the cars and houses,its very very poor,and you dont need to stay there you know,as in right now you make nuthn ,i mean nuthn ,dont be deluded by whatever you got now.just stay focussed genevieve innit and be cool.peace.!!!
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by kbone(m): 10:20am On Nov 07, 2005
It is obvious even Genevieve is not properly educated (doesnt mean she didnt go to school), for crying out loud her understanding of the difference between hollywood and nollywood is embarassing, haba
Re: Genevieve Nnaji for Hollywood? by spicequeen(f): 1:49pm On Nov 07, 2005
It is often said we should be thankful for the things we have cos millions are dying to have what we take for granted. Even though am a big fan of Genny, I still think she should stay were she is and enjoy while she's there. Sure she's beautiful talented and all that but she rather stay in nollywood than cross over to hollywood and start from scratch cos she'll sure fade into history!! Gal think hard before U leap!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Frodd And Seyi Reconciles, Hug Themselves After Clash Over Alcoholic Beverages / Names Of Interesting Korean Movies / Photos From Bbnaija Old School Themed Saturday Night Party - Week 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.