Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,230 members, 7,860,460 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:16 AM

The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad (8247 Views)

Makinde's Christianization Agenda Will Fail, Vote Him Out - MURIC to Oyo Muslims / MURIC Asks NASS To Reverse Britain’s ‘christianization’ Of Nigeria / Posters Ordering Herdsmen To Vacate Surface In Eleme, Rivers And South East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 27, 2019
If Wike like he should demolish all the mosque in Rivers, that is their own cup of tea. Both the North and the SE/SS are bird of a feather. Both have no religion tolerance and are both guilty of the same sin. If Hausa/Fulani like they should demolish all churches while the SS/SE should do the same. Who religion even epp self.

I just know those kind of things will not happen in the SW, and even if it happens it will not generate any rancor as this coz people will understand the motive behind it (Maybe road expansion or other reasons).

As a muslim in the SW, I take no offense in what Wike did, coz the Northerners can also do the same so its do me I do you.

1 Like

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by APCHaram: 3:41pm On Aug 27, 2019
Iblad0994:
If Wike like he should demolish all the mosque in Rivers, that is their own cup of tea. Both the North and the SE/SS are bird of a feather. Both have no religion tolerance and are both guilty of the same sin. If Hausa/Fulani like they should demolish all churches while the SS/SE should do the same. Who religion even epp self.

I just know those kind of things will not happen in the SW, and even if it happens it will not generate any rancor as this coz people will understand the motive behind it (Maybe road expansion or other reasons).

As a muslim in the SW, I take no offense in what Wike did, coz the Northerners can also do the same so its do me I do you.

And you wonder why the north calls you kafirs fake Muslims.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by TorukMakto: 3:45pm On Aug 27, 2019
Seetto:

[s]Oho, whatever, if you like you can insult them heaven and earth, that I don't care, I want you to know that I am not a religion bigot like your f**lish self, save yourself gibberish and frustrated life,
People like you are mere toddler to cunning Nigeria politicians etc wike, wike is using religion to score cheap political popularity and divert peoples attention from the real governance.

What you should direct your religion chauvinist mindset to is, how wike has expanded rivers resources since he resumed office.[/s]

You're a zombie if you're from the South,
People like you never question the evil the Northerners are doing, you blindly support them.
People like you support RUGA and try to sell it to us.

Useless Muhammedian using taqiyaah to deny his faith. You people have evil plan.
I'm not a religious person, I don't even accept the idea of God, I support Wike.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 27, 2019
APCHaram:

And you wonder why the north calls you kafirs fake Muslims.

I don't bleeping care what the North calls us.

No SW muslim has ever been accused of killing other people for the sake of religion
No SW muslim has ever been a terrorist blowing people up
SW muslim have learnt to live and intermarry with the SW christains
It is Yoruba first.

The North can call us Kafir if they want coz the last time I read the Koran, Mohammed (SAW) is not from the North and God did not place the Quran in the hands of a northerner.

1 Like

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by APCHaram: 3:53pm On Aug 27, 2019
Iblad0994:

I don't bleeping care what the North calls us.

No SW muslim has ever been accused of killing other people for the sake of religion
No SW muslim has ever been a terrorist blowing people up
SW muslim have learnt to live and intermarry with the SW christains
It is Yoruba first.

The North can call us Kafir if they want coz the last time i read the Koran, Mohammed (SAW) is not from the North and God did not place the Quran in the hands of a northerner.

Yoruba Moslems teamed up with Fulani jihadist from Sokoto to pillage old Oyo Ile.

Ilorin is forever lost to the north because of Yoruba Moslem treachery.

Don't preach about Yoruba Moslem tolerance because I do know for a fact that Islamic fanaticism is spreading like wild fire among Yoruba Muslim students in tertiary institutions.

The MSS branch of the University of Ife was proscribed and banned by the university authority for displaying "fanatical and intolerant views".

The only consolation I can extend to you is that you are more of a nuisance than a threat to anybody now that we know that the Yoruba Moslem will always worship Sokoto.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 27, 2019
APCHaram:

Yoruba Moslems teamed up with Fulani jihadist from Sokoto to pillage old Oyo Ile.

Ilorin is forever lost to the north because of Yoruba Moslem treachery.

Don't preach about Yoruba Moslem tolerance because I do know for a fact that Islamic fanaticism is spreading like wild fire among Yoruba Muslim students in tertiary institutions.

The MSS branch of the University of Ife was proscribed and banned by the university authority for displaying "fanatical and intolerant views".

The only consolation I can extend to you is that you are more of a nuisance than a threat to anybody now that we know that the Yoruba Moslem will always worship Sokoto.

You are saying nonsense, Ilorin is an imperial outpost of the Oyo empire as at then and the issue of Alimi and Afonja (1789 to 1796) has to do with the notion of belief over traditional means. The Fulani were able to achieve that feat because they hid under religion, which explains why the white misssionaries were also able to propagate christainity against our traditional faith.

The Fulanis were defeated when they tried advancing towards the Oyo empire at present day Osun State and they were blocked by the ever gallant Yoruba forces.

If you like you can wail from now till eternity, that does not stop the fact that the Yorubas have learnt to conquer hatred borne out of religion differences. My mom is a christain and my dad is a muslim, you will also see these kind of settings in other Yoruba families.

I can deduce from your comment that you really wish your people can have the tolerance as the Yorubas coz you hate what you can't have.

There is no difference between the SE & the North in terms of religious toxicity, the only difference is that while the North is stupidly bold to kill other people with different religion, the SE haven't done that yet and they only attack other religion by noise and online disturbances. Both you and the north are religion savages.

1 Like

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by GreyLaw(m): 4:04pm On Aug 27, 2019
APCHaram:

The Fulani used Islam as an instrument to rally support and seize power. They are still deploying such tactics in the north and any dissenting voice in the north against the House of Don Fodio is treated as an apostate (see Maitatsine and El Zackzacky).

Fulani political hegemony is now so inter weaved into northern Islamic doctrine that anybody who goes against Fulani authority (be it a devout Muslim scholar) is declared a heretic and apostate.

The Fulani failed in conquering Jukum land because in their early attempts at settling down and building a mosque close to the Jukum palace which housed a shrine to the Jukum gods, was rejected by the Jukum King who inquired from the Fulanis if he as a jukum man can be allowed to build a shrine to his god in front of their Amir Palace in Kano.

Fulanis have been building mosques at the center of major southern towns and cities since the end of the civil war during the military dispensations.

This is a deliberate ploy to have symbols of Islam at the very core of the city.

These mosques have been referred to as their fortress, armoury and barracks which also doubles as their shelters.

Before long, they will begin to spread their settlements around the mosque and before you know it you have a "Hausa" quarters in your midst.

You know quite some history. Impressive. Christianity is tolerant to a fault and people of the other faith exploit this. Same thing was happening in the US before Trump and you can see them cursing him everyday. The man doesn't give a hoot. Below is a text culled from the letter written by Russian Orthodox Christian organisation to King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia in 2008 when he offered to build a large mosque in Moscow:

“You often say that Islam is a religion of justice. However, if Saudi Arabia builds mosques in dozens of Christian countries, isn’t it just to build a church for Christians living in Your Kingdom! It would be just to create the same conditions for Saudi Christians as Muslims have in Russia … It is the only way to make interreligious dialogue honest and just.”

Talk about when it's easy to dish it out and not want to receive same.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by APCHaram: 4:05pm On Aug 27, 2019
[s]
Iblad0994:

You are saying nonsense, Ilorin is an imperial outpost of the Oyo empire as at then and the issue of Alimi and Afonja has to do with the notion of belief over traditional means. The Fulani were able to achieve that feat because they hid under religion, which explains why the white misssionaries were also able to propagate christainity against our traditional faith.

The Fulanis were defeated when they tried advancing towards the Oyo empire at present day Osun State and they were blocked by the ever gallant Yoruba forces.

If you like you can wail from now till eternity, that does not stop the fact that the Yorubas have learnt to conquer hatred borne out of religion differences. My mom is a christain and my dad is a muslim, you will also see these kind of settings in other Yoruba families.

I can deduce from your comment that you really wish your people can have the tolerance as the Yorubas coz you hate what you can't have.

There is no difference between the SE & the North in terms of religious toxicity, the only difference is that while the North is bold to kill other people with different religion, the SE haven't done that yet and they only attack other religion by noise and online disturbances. Both you and the north are religion savages.
[/s]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by APCHaram: 4:08pm On Aug 27, 2019
GreyLaw:

You know quite some history. Impressive. Christianity is tolerant to a fault and people of the other faith exploit this. Same thing was happening in the US before Trump and you can he's them cursing him everyday. The man doesn't give a hoot. Below is a text culled from the letter written by Russian Orthodox Christian organisation to King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia in 2008 when he offered to build a large mosque in Moscow:

“You often say that Islam is a religion of justice. However, if Saudi Arabia builds mosques in dozens of Christian countries, isn’t it just to build a church for Christians living in Your Kingdom! It would be just to create the same conditions for Saudi Christians as Muslims have in Russia … It is the only way to make interreligious dialogue honest and just.”

Talk about when it's easy to dish it out and now want to receive same.

A mosque is akin to a barracks.

Allowing a mosque to be built in your land is the first wave of victory for Muslims.

Idiots like Okorocha and Urji Kalu that used state resources to build mosques in their state did not pause to ask if any northern state governor has ever done same for Christians in their states.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by TooMuchStuff: 4:18pm On Aug 27, 2019
APCHaram:

A mosque is akin to a barracks.

Allowing a mosque to be built in your land is the first wave of victory for Muslims.

Idiots like Okorocha and Urji Kalu that used state resources to build mosques in their state did not pause to ask if any northern state governor has ever done same for Christians in their states.

The two animals mentioned above are actually practicing Muslims hidden in the cloak of Christianity deployed by Caliphate to the East to protect the interest of Islam. That's why they were empowered with huge cash reserve stolen by the Fulanis Cabal from ND oil Money.

1 Like

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by TorukMakto: 4:27pm On Aug 27, 2019
Iblad0994:

Here is Muslim community celebrating Boko Haram terrorists and waving boko haram flag, most of you see Boko Haram terrorists as heroes, Boko Haram won't exist without your support.

Boko Haram is muslim agenda just like Fulani jihadist herdsmen, in the Middle Belt, Fulani jihadist herdsmen are sacking villagers and renaming their villages.

Moderate Muslims celebrating Boko Haram

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8irkbY77PFI

Fulani Jihadists importing foreign Fulanis to occupy christian communities in Southern Kaduna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0CeMHeoejw

How Sharia law started in Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7aHag7aRTI

Islamists riots in Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2zbsEesKx8

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by APCHaram: 4:28pm On Aug 27, 2019
TooMuchStuff:

The two animals mentioned above are actually practicing Muslims hidden in the cloak of Christianity deployed by Caliphate to the East to protect the interest of Islam. That's why they were empowered with huge cash reserve stolen by the Fulanis Cabal from ND oil Money.

The title they conferred on Kalu by the Emir of Daura actually means "son born of a sex slave "

Roachas mother is believed to have conceived him in an adulterous affair to one ab0ki

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 27, 2019
TorukMakto:

Here is Muslim community celebrating Boko Haram terrorists and waving boko haram flag, most of you see Boko Haram terrorists as heroes, Boko Haram won't exist without your support.

Boko Haram is muslim agenda just like Fulani jihadist herdsmen, in the Middle Belt, Fulani jihadist herdsmen are sacking villagers and renaming their villages.

Moderate Muslims celebrating Boko Haram

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8irkbY77PFI

Fulani Jihadists importing foreign Fulanis to occupy christian communities in Southern Kaduna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0CeMHeoejw

How Sharia law started in Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7aHag7aRTI

Islamists riots in Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2zbsEesKx8

What is my own with all these rubbish video, did I tell you I am from the north? If the North like they can wave to Boko Haram or romance them, how does that concerns the SW?

Show me a video where any SW'ner is supporting Boko Haram or keep shut forever.
Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by TorukMakto: 4:36pm On Aug 27, 2019
Iblad0994:

Stop pretending it doesn't affect you, it's your Yoruba Muslim brother that raised alert that Wike destroyed none existing mosque, when we talk of religious issues, its the Yoruba people that have most religious problems, from education to church, to politics etc.

Both Christians, traditionalists and Muslims attack each others in the South West,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by Nobody: 4:43pm On Aug 27, 2019
TorukMakto:

Stop pretending it doesn't affect you, it's your Yoruba Muslim brother that raised alert that Wike destroyed none existing mosque, when we talk of religious issues, its the Yoruba people that have most religious problems, from education to church, to politics etc.

Both Christians, traditionalists and Muslims attack each others in the South West,

Haha really @the bolded?

While you are confusing MURIC advocacy as an issue of intolerance among the Yorubas, its just a normal thing to do by the relevant bodies to defend religion online and both CAN and MURIC always does that.

The issue here is about religious tolerance among people, the SW'ners have learnt to coexist peacefully devoid of religious sentiments or animosity. You will see churches and mosque located almost everywhere while Christians and Muslims intermarry without much rancor.

For you to also understand the magnitude of the tolerance, Five (5) of the SW governors are christian and you don't see people fighting or abusing each other on the street daily like it used to happen in other part of Nigeria.

Let me ask you a direct question and please answer in all sincerity:
Which region between SW , SS, NE, NW, and NC has shown the highest level of religious tolerance in Nigeria?

I'm waiting patiently for your response.
Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by HopeAtHand: 4:50pm On Aug 27, 2019
I've had discussions with some cross-section of my immediate environment in Port Harcourt and many seem really pleased with Wike's demolition of the mosque. They even wished he can demolish even more.

Wike is actually aware of the overwhelming, if not total, christian Riverian population and is subtly activating their religious tendencies. But to what end is what I haven't really come to terms with.

Well they say in time everything becomes clearer, Wike's action today may define his future political permutations. Let's watch and see.
Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by TooMuchStuff: 5:11pm On Aug 27, 2019
Iblad0994:

Haha really @the bolded?

While you are confusing MURIC advocacy as an issue of intolerance among the Yorubas, its just a normal thing to do by the relevant bodies to defend religion online and both CAN and MURIC always does that.

The issue here is about religious tolerance among people, the SW'ners have learnt to coexist peacefully devoid of religious sentiments or animosity. You will see churches and mosque located almost everywhere while Christians and Muslims intermarry without much rancor.

For you to also understand the magnitude of the tolerance, Five (5) of the SW governors are christian and you don't see people fighting or abusing each other on the street daily like it used to happen in other part of Nigeria.

Let me ask you a direct question and please answer in all sincerity:
Which region between SW , SS, NE, NW, and NC has shown the highest level of religious tolerance in Nigeria?

I'm waiting patiently for your response.
Yoruba so called religious tolerance is a just a noisy hoax. Most of the male products of chris-muslim marriages are usually Muslims especially if the husband is Muslim. The whole thing is embedded on minority status of Muslims in all Yorubaland except kwara state.
This would change in future as more political and economical power gets to yoruba Muslims with the assistance of Hausafulani Muslims of the north. Most female products of the marriages are fully primed with hijabs to scare the Christians away from 'having' them.
It's gradual. It will eventually come around like the core Northern terrorists. Na time.

Why was Dangote refinery hijacked from ondo to lagos?

3 Likes

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 27, 2019
TooMuchStuff:

Yoruba so called religious tolerance is a just a noisy hoax. Most of the male products of chris-muslim marriages are usually Muslims especially if the husband is Muslim. The whole thing is embedded on minority status of Muslims in all Yorubaland except kwara state.
This would change in future as more political and economical power gets to yoruba Muslims with the assistance of Hausafulani Muslims of the north. Most female products of the marriages are fully primed with hijabs to scare the Christians away from 'having' them.
It's gradual. It will eventually come around like the core Northern terrorists. Na time.

Why was Dangote refinery hijacked from ondo to lagos?

Thank you for indirectly accepting the fact that the Yoruba are the most religious tolerant ethnic group in Nigeria.

How do you guage the minority status of the muslims in Yoruba land? Who conducted the census? which statistics backs up your claim?

Hausa/Fulani muslims in the North can NOT lay terms for the Yorubas, why do you guys keep attributing too much importance to the North?

@the bolded, are you kidding me? You mean the refinery was relocated from Ondo to Lagos because of religion? I give up
Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by APCHaram: 5:25pm On Aug 27, 2019
Iblad0994:

Thank you for indirectly accepting the fact that the Yoruba are the most religious tolerant ethnic group in Nigeria.

How do you guage the minority status of the muslims in Yoruba land? Who conducted the census? which statistics backs up your claim?

Hausa/Fulani muslims in the North can NOT lay terms for the Yorubas, why do you guys keep attributing too much importance to the North?

@the bolded, are you kidding me? You mean the refinery was relocated from Ondo to Lagos because of religion? I give up

can a Yoruba Muslim woman be wedded to a Christian Yoruba man?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by TooMuchStuff: 5:26pm On Aug 27, 2019
Iblad0994:

It's just a simple question to u. Ondo got the nod by GEJ but Tinubu felt it should not be in Ondo despite the crude feeds are all in Ondo fields. Why...?
Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 27, 2019
APCHaram:

can a Yoruba Muslim woman be wedded to a Christian Yoruba man?

Yes, I have seen it countless times. What other question do you want to ask?

Before it was that Yorubas are not united in religion, now you changed it to if a muslim woman can marry a christain man and I debunked that too.

What other question will you ask? I'm waiting
Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 27, 2019
TooMuchStuff:

It's just a simple question to u. Ondo got the nod by GEJ but Tinubu felt it should not be in Ondo despite the crude feeds are all in Ondo fields. Why...?

Let me educate you. Just read this link to know why the refinery was relocated.

After reading this come back to apologize for even dragging Tinubu to this or blaming it on religion.

https://thetracenewsmagazine./2015/06/01/how-odsg-lost-9bn-dangotes-refinery/
Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by APCHaram: 5:34pm On Aug 27, 2019
Then you are not real muslims

Iblad0994:

Yes, I have seen it countless times. What other question do you want to ask?

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by TooMuchStuff: 5:35pm On Aug 27, 2019
Iblad0994:

Let me educate you. Just read this link to know why the refinery was relocated.

After reading this come back to apologize for even dragging Tinubu to this or blaming it on religion.

https://thetracenewsmagazine./2015/06/01/how-odsg-lost-9bn-dangotes-refinery/

Me apologise to a Yoruba Muslim?? Tuehh....!
I am not different much from U sir. We neighbours!
Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 27, 2019
APCHaram:
Then you are not real muslims

How do you measure real muslim? What yardstick do you use to guage a muslim? Killing and intolerance of other people? Do I need to behave like some bigots in the North to be a true muslim?

I read the Quran at the arabic house, I read the translation (Itumo) of the Quran. What do you mean by real muslim?
Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 27, 2019
TooMuchStuff:

Me apologise to a Yoruba Muslim?? Tuehh....!
I am not different much from U sir. We neighbours!

What do you mean by we are neighbors? Where you from first coz you sound like a SE'ner.

At least we learn everyday, you have been schooled about why the refinery was relocated, hence next time you won't mention that kind of false narratives on a public forum ever again.

The SE'ners are the only set of people that create lies and believe their lies. How will someone even think that Dangote refinery was relocated coz of religion? Nawa o

Peace bro
Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by APCHaram: 5:40pm On Aug 27, 2019
Although Muslims are encouraged to marry/abduct Christian women/girls they are forbidden to give out their own women in marriage to non Muslims

This is one of several reasons the north does not count you as real muslims
Iblad0994:

How do you measure real muslim? What yardstick do you use to guage a muslim? Killing and intolerance of other people? Do I need to behave like some bigots in the North to be a true muslim?

I read the Quran at the arabic house, I read the translation (Itumo) of the Quran. What do you mean by real muslim?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 27, 2019
APCHaram:

Although Muslims are encouraged to marry/abduct Christian women/girls they are forbidden to give out their own women in marriage to non Muslims

This is one of several reasons the north does not count you as real muslims

Bro you are missing the fact together here. Stop trying to make it seems like we need validation from the North before we can pronounce ourselves muslim in the SW. Was the Quran given to the North? Is Mohammed from the North? Is Mecca in the North?

I'm even tired of explaining. The Yorubas do not care whether the North accept us as true muslim or not.

If blowing up churches and mosques, killing other religious folks, and toxicity towards other faith is what you mean by real muslim with regards to some part of the north, then sorry is your case.
Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by APCHaram: 5:46pm On Aug 27, 2019
It is from Islamic injunction that forbids Muslim women being wedded to non Muslims that I am referring to

Your so-called tolerance is not in tandem to Islamic doctrine.

Iblad0994:

Bro you are missing the fact together here. Stop trying to make it seems like we need validation from the North before we can pronounce ourselves muslim in the SW. Was the Quran given to the North? Is Mohammed from the North? Is Mecca in the North?

I'm even tired of explaining. The Yorubas do not care whether the North accept us as true muslim or not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by rummmy: 6:43pm On Aug 27, 2019
Seetto:

Madness every where, what has wike done to better the life of rivers people...
what has your sultan done to better you life

4 Likes

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by TooMuchStuff: 10:29pm On Aug 27, 2019
rummmy:
what has your Satan of Sokoto done to better your bokoharam life

Fixed

3 Likes

Re: The Christianization Of Rivers And Why The North Is Very Afriad by myobjective: 11:41pm On Aug 27, 2019
Iblad0994:

As a Muslim in the SW, I take no offense in what Wike did, coz the Northerners can also do the same so its do me I do you.

I keep telling people that the core north and the SE/SS are very similar in their extreme view towards religion, they are both religious extremist that lack tolerance for other people's faith. The only difference between these two groups is that Islam is more of a political ideology that can make uneducated people do stupid things, Christianity, on the other hand, focus much on the worldly things.

These two groups are very extreme and normally take actions without reasoning, an average Yoruba Muslim is more educated, more tolerant and has more diversity in family and among friends that is the difference between us Yoruba and the core northerner. Some progressive, educated core northerners are even more tolerant than an Igbos.

In this age and time, it baffles me that people are still arguing about which state is a Christian or Muslim state when we have a myriad of problem ranging from poverty, illiteracy, unemployment etc.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG To Establish Free Trade Zone In Ekiti / Tinubu’s Election, Greatest Legacy Of President Buhari – Governor Oyebanji / Wike Flags Off The Resurfacing Of 182 Roads In Maitama, Garki, Utako Districts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.