Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks (11175 Views)

Those Against Buhari’s Ministerial Position Are Crooks – Presidency / Top 3 Crooks Under The GEJ Administration You Want To See In Jail / Gani Adams Reveals That 85% Of Lagosians Want Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 26, 2010
I think the OP needs to redefine the subject of the post. Maybe he wanted to say that 85% of 'successful' Nigerians in diaspora are crooks
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by ada24: 10:30pm On Oct 26, 2010
yawn, another naija v Diaspora topic

i mean really can't people just live their life and stop thinking one place is better than the other. If you think Nigeria is the best thing since sliced bread then say it but to insult those outside Nigeria just yells complex to me.

i mean come on - its now made international headlines that the people dying of cholera in Nigeria is the highest in 20 years and we are here talking of people cleaning toilet - so who cleans the toilets in Nigeria? the Lebanese or American expats - abeg!!

point being we have important things to be worrying about and not who is better or crooks
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by invisible2(m): 10:31pm On Oct 26, 2010
monkeyleg:

@Debosky

You cannot make any definitive pronouncements on the proportion of corrupt Nigerians in Diaspora. . . .you simply don't have the evidence to back it up.

Neither can the writer of this post. where did he get 85% from.

But you can, count the number of Nigerians you know from any part of the world and tell me how many of them you can vouch for. Why do you think our embassies turn the blind eye when our people are mistreated. How many Nigerian official can come charging any airport security that insists of searching the undies of Nigerian female passengers. We stand aside and watch, afterall its true some of the time. Its really pitiable.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by chemali: 10:34pm On Oct 26, 2010
ada24:

i mean come on - it[b]s now made international headlines that the people dying of cholera in Nigeria is the highest in 20 years [/b]

ada, you have come again with your rubbish claims.

what is with you this woman?

post here for all to see the source/links supporting this your claim.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by invisible2(m): 10:42pm On Oct 26, 2010
jabbok:

I think the OP needs to redefine the subject of the post. Maybe he wanted to say that 85% of 'successful' Nigerians in diaspora are crooks
The topic is okay the way it is. Successful or not some of our diaspora folks make us sad. There is this desperation to come home and prove they are rich. It starts here, criminals now travel to exploit their skills and what do you think they will become there? Rogues and very untrustworthy people.
Even succesful ones come back here and commit crimes in higher levels. What is wrong with us sef?
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by invisible2(m): 10:49pm On Oct 26, 2010
ada24:

yawn, another naija v Diaspora topic

i mean really can't people just live their life and stop thinking one place is better than the other. If you think Nigeria is the best thing since sliced bread then say it but to insult those outside Nigeria just yells complex to me.

i mean come on - its now made international headlines that the people dying of cholera in Nigeria is the highest in 20 years and we are here talking of people cleaning toilet - so who cleans the toilets in Nigeria? the Lebanese or American expats - abeg!!

point being we have important things to be worrying about and not who is better or crooks

So, the best way to cure cholera is to commit crime abroad? The topic is not about those that clean toilets anywhere, its about Nigerians that stain out image and reputation. Feel free to go and sleep if you have nothing for us. Thank you.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by atampakoeg(f): 11:24pm On Oct 26, 2010
Invisible!

Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by ada24: 11:25pm On Oct 26, 2010
chemali:

ada, you have come again with your rubbish claims.

what is with you this woman?

post here for all to see the source/links supporting this your claim.

its not my job to read the news for you, if people dying of preventable illnesses in nigeria is of interest to you then click on the bbc webpage - it is there. its not like this is news anyway this story hit the headlines in the summer.

invisible - 85% of nigerians outside nigeria are not crooks - please restrict that percentage to the 85% of people in the circle of people u know and don't generalise. if the topic was the other way round u would not keep quiet about it and accuse those saying it as suffering from colo mentality

and thanks for the advice I will go and sleep now since addressing some of the points raised here has nothing to do with the topic.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by DrKnow1(m): 11:30pm On Oct 26, 2010
@poster
Before you give this 85% statistics, you should first blame yourself for your laziness and failure in life. This unprovoked attack on the hardworking majority of honest Nigerians who decided to migrate far to face whatever hardships that they might encounter rather than sit down at their comfort zone waiting for non existing job positions. They decided not to remain docile like you who prefer to sit in one place and wait for miracles to happen. I will be surprised  if your situation is not one of two things; its either you a deportee due to your own nefarious activities while you were there; or it could be you have applied for visa times without number and got refused due to your recklessness in telling unbelievable lies purporting to be what you are not. I could understand your bitterness towards those living abroad is born out of jealousy, but you will continue to be the failure you have always been if you don't stop depending on your mum for feeding money. By the way how far about the kindergarten novel you claimed to have been writing for five years? Have you been to page five yet?
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by invisible2(m): 11:40pm On Oct 26, 2010
Dr Know:

@poster
Before you give this 85% statistics, you should first blame yourself for your laziness and failure in life. This unprovoked attack on the hardworking majority of honest Nigerians who decided to migrate to face whatever hardships that they might face rather sit down at their comfort zone waiting for non existing job positions. They decided not to remain docile like you who prefer to sit in one place and wait for miracles to happen. I will be surprised  if your situation is not one of two things; its either you a deportee due to your own nefarious activities while you were there; or it could be you have applied for visa times without number and got refused due to your recklessness in telling unbelievable lies purporting to be what you are not. I could understand your bitterness towards those living abroad is born out of jealousy, but you will continue to be the failure you have always been if you don't stop depending on your mum for feeding money. By the way how far about the kindergarten novel you claimed to have been writing for five years? Have you been to page five yet?

All this rant just because I hit you with the truth? Oh, I forgot truth is bitter enjoy your life of crime and frustrations. You will one day come back and I employ you as my shoe shine boy (better learn the job over there)
Congratulations! you learnt I am writing a book, how do you like my excerpts? Its on the 60th page and this diaspora thingy will make the next chapter. Save some dollars to buy a copy because it aint gonna be cheap dude!
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by atampakoeg(f): 11:44pm On Oct 26, 2010
yea?

Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by DrKnow1(m): 11:51pm On Oct 26, 2010
@poster
There is another thing you must know; whatever you do to earn a living as long as its legitimate and honest, commands respects anywhere in the world except Nigeria. Shoe shining is one of them.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by oderemo(m): 1:39am On Oct 27, 2010
like i wrote in page one, mr invinsible life in nija is haaaard for a better word, been here just three wks frm my comfortable zone but am soldering for the love of my country to say the least. Those in diaspora with theworst job are living tha world of riley compare to fools with stolen weaith in asokoro i c everyday with eyes not close for a min.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by atampakoeg(f): 1:54am On Oct 27, 2010
^^^^
ode remo:

like i wrote in page one, mr invinsible life in nija is haaaard for a better word, been here just three wks frm my comfortable zone but am soldering for the love of my country to say the least. Those in diaspora with theworst job are living tha world of riley compare to fools with stolen weaith in asokoro i c everyday with eyes not close for a min.

Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by atampakoeg(f): 3:21am On Oct 27, 2010
Another diasporian bites the dust:

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20101027394853

US court jails Nigerian for N60m credit card scam
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by 9ja4eva: 5:57am On Oct 27, 2010
Wetin una don turn this tread to oh?
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by dayokanu(m): 6:16am On Oct 27, 2010
Can someone give us the stats of the monetary amount that was sent to Nigeria from Diasporans through money transfer?

What is wrong with washing dead bodies to start with?

OP if you know person wey die I can wash it o. Just tell me I go clean shit sef.

Why should I bask n working in a bank and earning 100k when I can wash dead bodies and pack shit to make 3 times that amount
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by Nobody: 6:19am On Oct 27, 2010
dayokanu:

Can someone give us the stats of the monetary amount that was sent to Nigeria from Diasporans through money transfer?

What is wrong with washing dead bodies to start with?

OP if you know person wey die I can wash it o. Just tell me I go clean poo sef.

Why should I bask n working in a bank and earning 100k when I can wash dead bodies and pack poo to make 3 times that amount

LOL dayo. . . . they make $75k/yr [so someone said].

I know you, you no get the hmind for that grin grin
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by dayokanu(m): 6:23am On Oct 27, 2010
75k a yr abeg when can I submit my resume.

75k a yr is like 10million Naira a yr?

How many Bank managers make that in Lagos.

Abeg I wan wash dead body o and pack shit.

Invisible, Seriously if you sabi anybody wey die or wey dey plan die, Abeg alert me. $75k a yr? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by Nobody: 6:24am On Oct 27, 2010
LOL Dayo, you dey craze.

Why are you making the currency change?

Will you be living in Nigeria or America?
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by dayokanu(m): 6:27am On Oct 27, 2010
Anywhere I no mind as long as dem dey pay me $75k a yr even half that amount self I go do.

If you see that job for $35k a yr thats like 5million Naira a yr.

Abeg I WAN WASH DEAD BODYYYY OOOO.

Shey dem get overtime pay?
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 27, 2010
dayokanu:

Anywhere I no mind as long as dem dey pay me $75k a yr even half that amount self I go do.

If you see that job for $35k a yr thats like 5million Naira a yr.

Abeg I WAN WASH DEAD BODYYYY OOOO.

Shey dem get overtime pay?

ROTFLMAO!!! grin grin grin grin

Stop changing it to naira jor. Remember that your bills will be in dollars jare wink
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by monkeyleg: 9:57am On Oct 27, 2010
@Invisible

But you can, count the number of Nigerians you know from any part of the world and tell me how many of them you can vouch for. Why do you think our embassies turn the blind eye when our people are mistreated. How many Nigerian official can come charging any airport security that insists of searching the undies of Nigerian female passengers. We stand aside and watch, afterall its true some of the time. Its really pitiable.

No I cannot make such a bold statement, and neither can you. Because you are I do not have the facts. If would be fools hardy to think that the circle of people you mix with is a total representation of our entire country, you would be far of from the truth. Neither am I blind to the bad dealings of our people, but that would never lead me to generalise. We must be careful when we make such sweeping comments, it gives and impression that either one is not informed, or generally lacks the wider intelligence. please this is not insulting you, just tp point out that no one is entitled to make such statements if they lack the facts to back them up.

Fopr instance I am a consultant lecturer, and I have a group of 30 close friends who I regularly meet up with. 90% of them are very successful doctors (Nigerians), the other 10% are highly successful IT consultants. Now how do you class this?
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by amblors(m): 11:27am On Oct 27, 2010
you don't just blurt out something like this, 85% na wa o.
where is the STATISTICS to back it up, show me and i'll keep my mouth shut.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by matty1024: 11:33am On Oct 27, 2010
Mr Invisible, I quite disagree with you!
I live in sweden, and I can tell you honestly
that 97% of Nigerians in sweden are doing pretty good
in their academic pursuit or profession.
Please judge correctly!
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by agabaI23(m): 11:38am On Oct 27, 2010
Oga invinsible,

If we did not discourage you last year from travelling abroad, would you still say the same?
Can you remember when you were asking us if it is advisable to relocate citing power problems etc.
It is the same 'crooks' abroad that gave you the right direction in your time of confusion lol
May be . . . lol
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by natasha: 11:46am On Oct 27, 2010
i really dont see what the fuss is about. Every Job carried out by Nigerians in Diaspora are also been done by Nigerians in Nigeria so what is dis crookish accusation about?
Nigerians defraud fellow Nigerians IN nigeria
Nigerians sweep the streets in Lagos, Abuja
Nigerians wash dead bodies in motuaries and also at the village before burying their dead
Nigerians work as gatement/security men in banks, people's homes, the agberos that harrass people on the streets are, guess what NIGERIANS!!!!!
so mr invisible, this might come as a shock to you but every job you claim nigerians in diaspora do that are "demeaning to your status" are also done by some human beings in ur "heaven on earth" Nigeria by the same Nigerian NATIONALS.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by hasyak(m): 12:00pm On Oct 27, 2010
@ poster, even though i dont agree with your %, but if you give that % to NID, what % will you give to those at home as crook?
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by BigPhil(m): 12:06pm On Oct 27, 2010
@invisible,

Why are you slagging off Nigerians in the diaspora.Why are you so bitter.As a Nigerian business man living abroad,i find this highly offensive.A lot of us will most definitely love to set up a branch of business in Nigeria as I believe that it is one big potential market,but doing business in Nigeria is not for the faint hearted.

You should focus your anger on all those corrupt politicians that is ruining our country.I have travelled a lot on business all over the world and i found it criminal the level of depravity  and suffering experienced by everyday.For instance,i was in Lagos on The 4th of Sept. for business and on 6Th was in Ikeja for business.I left Ikeja around 7:45 and didn't get to VGC till 2am the following morning due to traffic jam.

And people experience this everyday.Some universities have been on strike for months now,its it power supply or security of lives and property,that is readily available.

There is no basis for comparison whatsoever.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 27, 2010
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by bisiaet: 12:08pm On Oct 27, 2010
What do you mean by this??
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by 9jauk: 12:08pm On Oct 27, 2010
INVISIBLE must be a retard, u are the same person seeking advice for work permit oluwole papers .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cross Rivers Lawmakers Attempted To Mislead The Court - High Court Judge / 20 Killed In Renewed TIV/Fulani Clash In Benue / Electricity Grid Rises To 4,133mw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.