Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,001 members, 7,835,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye (39984 Views)

Shites Storm Abuja, Kill A Deputy Police Commissioner / "I Was Never Framed Up For Fighting Jonathan" - Dino Melaye Shares Photo / Man Gets Federal Job With The Help Of Dino Melaye. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 30, 2019
Kogi between the devil and the deep blue sea. A useless tout in the government house and another useless lout trying to get in

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye by haryorbarmie83(m): 7:50am On Aug 30, 2019
RiyadhGoddess:
That's what is called, Knowing Your Worth.
Read my signature
Follow me on twitter

Psalm 91:14-16 DECLARATION : The Lord will deliver you from the snare of the fowler. Anyone who has set a trap for your soul, the Lord will deliver you.
Good morning FAM. Thank God it's Friday.
amen. Thanks for the verse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye by Abalado(f): 7:52am On Aug 30, 2019
If the election is free and fair, Dino will win Yayah Bello hands down, but FG backing will defeat dino

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye by bewla(m): 7:53am On Aug 30, 2019
saheedbadmus:
ride on dino...Go for the seat...Incoming Gov
Yeh but will be before the swearing in ceremony by my people from the top

olodo Mai lie

sorry
dino melaye

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye by Lugianostar(m): 7:55am On Aug 30, 2019
When it ripen we go hear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye by Jabioro: 7:57am On Aug 30, 2019
Dino a man without political diginity..he lost his chores line when he began to change party, aligned himself with the enemy in the house.If PDP give him the ticket,his own will be worst than Atifeku Olori Oko Dubai connection omo Cameroun who took Nigerian born Chinese man as his deputy against all odds

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye by wink2015(m): 7:57am On Aug 30, 2019
GistmoreNG:
The Senator representing Kogi West, Dino Melaye has denied that he wanted to serve as the deputy governor to a former governor of the state, Captain Idris Wada.

In a statement on Thursday by his media aide, Gideon Ayodele, the senator stated that the information was meant stop the emergence of Melaye as the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the September 3 governorship primary.

“Capt. Idris Wada lost the last election as a sitting governor and it makes no sense that Dino Melaye, a man with better idea and clearer vision, will queue behind such an aspirant,” the statement read in part.

See more; http://gistmore.com/i-cant-be-a-deputy-governor-dino-melaye

Leadership is about the following:

1. Humility

2. Sacrifice

3. Service

4. Vision

5. Perseverance

What does Dino Melaye mean by the fact that he can not be a deputy governor?

Is he too big to serve the good people of Kogi state as a Deputy Governor?

If governor position do not get to his hand like in the case of Great Ogboru, APC governorship aspirtant in Delta state, Oga Dino go come catch witch.

Great Ogboru refused to contest for Delta state House of Assembly.

Great Ogboru refused to contest for House of Representatives

Great Ogboru refused to contest for Senatorial seat.

GREAT OGBORU FEEL THOSE POLITICAL OFFICE IS TOO SMALL FOR HIS STATUS.

He has spent over 20 years pursuing the position of Governor of Delta state without success.

Making him one of the Politicians in Nigeria to pursue governorship position for decades.

Age is not waiting for him Chief Great Ogboru.

Even in the last ministerial appointment President Muhammadu Buhari did not consider Great Ogboru for ministerial appointment instead Barrister Keyamo was picked to represent Delta state in President Buhari 's cabinet.

This kind of situation is also faced by graduate applicant while in the course of looking for jobs.

Some men and women feel they can not take small paying jobs unless they get big paying jobs in NNPC, CHEVRON, SAIPEM, MOBIL, CADBURY, NESTLE, ETC

And unfortunately time wait for NO MAN.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye by BrainSanitizer: 7:58am On Aug 30, 2019
b3llo:
The current Deputy Governor of Bauchi State was once a Senator. It's all about Choice.
And one former deputy governor became a ward councillor somewhere in Benue state. He even died while a councillor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye by jeroncomputers(m): 7:59am On Aug 30, 2019
I like like this guy, he believes so much in himself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 30, 2019
Yes I support you sir.. because as a Governor you have to have access to the state coffers and buy more flashy expensive tasty and mind boggling cars.. haba . Deputy Governor is a let down na ..
APC / PDP na the same people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye by Diamondback(m): 8:04am On Aug 30, 2019
Dino you better hold on tightly to the Senatorial seat you already have before you lose both it and the Gubernatorial election and then end up like Saraki.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 30, 2019
Dino , go and wait for your time....

The gods has spoken ... Yahaya Bello has nairalised his people during yesterday primary election and he will still nairalised them during general election ....
You Know abject poverty reside in your state... So go and borrow enough money to usurp Yahaya Bello... Kogites needs money to buy their votes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye by respect80(m): 8:09am On Aug 30, 2019
Abalado:
If the election is free and fair, Dino will win Yayah Bello hands down, but FG backing will defeat dino

Let him emerge as the PDP flag bearer first before we discuss that.

It's either he wins the PDP primary and defeat GYB in the general election, or he agrees to deputize whoever emerges as the PDP flag bearer or he goes back to his house and have enough time to serve as the head of the family.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye by derbykol(f): 8:12am On Aug 30, 2019
Cajal:
PDP tickets is between 3 very related blood families
Captain Alhaji Idris wada
Eng.Alahji musa wada
Alahaji Idris ibraheem Abubakr

if u know. U know
Eng Musa Wada,the former Port manager of Calabar Port?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye by Kokoebapluse(m): 8:14am On Aug 30, 2019
Kogi want do Dino the way we do bukola saraki.

Jobless is knocking at Dino door

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye by SirChime(m): 8:17am On Aug 30, 2019
correctguy0900:
U better a street thug
But better than you in all ramification . Kiss the truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye by calyto: 8:31am On Aug 30, 2019
How a Yagba man who are the minority in Kogi State want to win Idris Wada who is Igala(Majority)and a former governor is what I want to see.

Forget about all these your media hype, Dino is Yagba. Ebira even have more population than them, not to talk of Igala. You guys overrate this man because he's always on the media shouting

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye by renewable1(m): 8:38am On Aug 30, 2019
Dino for the governor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye by garfield1: 8:39am On Aug 30, 2019
calyto:

How a Yagba man who are the minority in Kogi State want to win Idris Wada who is Igala(Majority)and a former governor is what I want to see.

Forget about all these your media hype, Dino is Yagba. Ebira even have more population than them, not to talk of Igala. You gays overrate this man because he's always on the media shouting
Tell them.wada or idris son will win the primaries

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye by Naajjii: 8:59am On Aug 30, 2019
respect80:
Kogi is just a moderate description of what Nigeria is as a country. i.e Kogi as a state has a mild version of every problem Nigeria has as a country.
It is multi-ethnic and with the two major religions (Christianity and Islam) being practiced amounting to almost 50 and 49 % of her population respectively, and about 0.2 and 0.8% being non religious and traditionalists respectively.
When election comes, competence, merit and, capability are thrown into the air leaving the whole thing to boil down to religion and ethnicity which are the banes of rational thinking and the people's ability to make the right choice.
You can't be doing the same thing often and often while expecting a different result.

Until Kogites restructure their minds and free themselves from the shackles of religious and ethnic influence in their politics, the parasitic relationship between her development and bad governance will continue to thrive.

I hope the outcome of the coming election reflects the true will of the majority.
Where did you get the figure in terms of percentage. Kogi is 70% Muslims 30% Christians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye by victorazyvictor(m): 9:10am On Aug 30, 2019
correctguy0900:
My father is better a street thug

Nice!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye by respect80(m): 9:24am On Aug 30, 2019
Naajjii:

Where did you get the figure in terms of percentage. Kogi is 70% Muslims 30% Christians.

Bro, there's rarely a generally accepted figures for religious population of most states in Nigeria probably because of the fragility of our peace especially when religion is concerned so I believe almost every figure you see is just an estimation. Some would say Christians are 49% while Muslims are 50% and vice-versa but I think you're the first person I've seen to give this wide margin between Christians and Muslims.
I used to believe those propaganda but a little delve into the political stratosphere of the state proved otherwise.

When you go close to politicians who are reputable for being victorious in most of their elections, they will tell you the hard truth.
There's no such wide margin between Christian and Muslims population in Kogi State.

Back to the subject, whichever way you see it, the fact that Kogites have centered their politics on religion and ethnicity has caused more harm than good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye by wonder233: 9:38am On Aug 30, 2019
[the true will of the majority is to vote along ethno-religious linesquote author=respect80 post=81747011]Kogi is just a moderate description of what Nigeria is as a country. i.e Kogi as a state has a mild version of every problem Nigeria has as a country.
It is multi-ethnic and with the two major religions (Christianity and Islam) being practiced amounting to almost 50 and 49 % of her population respectively, and about 0.2 and 0.8% being non religious and traditionalists respectively.
When election comes, competence, merit and, capability are thrown into the air leaving the whole thing to boil down to religion and ethnicity which are the banes of rational thinking and the people's ability to make the right choice.
You can't be doing the same thing often and often while expecting a different result.

Until Kogites restructure their minds and free themselves from the shackles of religious and ethnic influence in their politics, the parasitic relationship between their development and bad governance will continue to thrive.

I hope the outcome of the coming election reflects the true will of the majority. [/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye by respect80(m): 9:51am On Aug 30, 2019
wonder233:
the true will of the majority is to vote along ethno-religious lines

Then there's no need to conduct any election.
I mean no need to waste money in conducting an election when we know that another Yahaya Bello will or even Yahaya Bello himself would be returned.
If there must be a change, then there has to be a difference in the way things were done which led to the creation of the problem we're suffering today. So long as our political mindset is programmed to vote along ethno-religious lines, our problems will persist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye by wonder233: 9:56am On Aug 30, 2019
I agree with you 100%. The problem is that the vast majority of Nigerians are simple minded, and it will remain so for a long long time
respect80:

Then there's no need to conduct any election.
I mean no need to waste money in conducting an election when we know that another Yahaya Bello will or even Yahaya Bello himself would be returned.
If there must be a change, then there has to be a difference in the way things were done which led to the creation of the problem we're suffering today. So long as our political mindset is programmed to vote along ethno-religious lines, our problems will persist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye by Ekpeitit(m): 9:58am On Aug 30, 2019
GistmoreNG:
The Senator representing Kogi West, Dino Melaye has denied that he wanted to serve as the deputy governor to a former governor of the state, Captain Idris Wada.

In a statement on Thursday by his media aide, Gideon Ayodele, the senator stated that the information was meant stop the emergence of Melaye as the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in the September 3 governorship primary.

“Capt. Idris Wada lost the last election as a sitting governor and it makes no sense that Dino Melaye, a man with better idea and clearer vision, will queue behind such an aspirant,” the statement read in part.

See more; http://gistmore.com/i-cant-be-a-deputy-governor-dino-melaye

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye by Ekpeitit(m): 9:59am On Aug 30, 2019
Pride goes before a fall.
Be careful, you might not be a senator either.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye by babytoun: 10:06am On Aug 30, 2019
b3llo:
The current Deputy Governor of Bauchi State was once a Senator. It's all about Choice.
The immediate past deputy governor of kaduna left the seat to contest senatorial election

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye by Cajal(m): 10:10am On Aug 30, 2019
derbykol:
Eng Musa Wada,the former Port manager of Calabar Port?
...I think so ...the gue is probably the best among them in terms of credentials
Re: I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye by justy15: 10:25am On Aug 30, 2019
How can Dino with a bigger idea n vision deputize that slowpoke Wada.
Re: I Can’t Be A Deputy Governor – Dino Melaye by Naajjii: 10:25am On Aug 30, 2019
respect80:

Bro, there's rarely a generally accepted figures for religious population of most states in Nigeria probably because of the fragility of our peace especially when religion is concerned so I believe almost every figure you see is just an estimation. Some would say Christians are 49% while Muslims are 50% and vice-versa but I think you're the first person I've seen to give this wide margin between Christians and Muslims.
I used to believe those propaganda but a little delve into the political stratosphere of the state proved otherwise.

When you go close to politicians who are reputable for being victorious in most of their elections, they will tell you the hard truth.
There's no such wide margin between Christian and Muslims population in Kogi State.

Back to the subject, whichever way you see it, the fact that Kogites have centered their politics on religion and ethnicity has caused more harm than good.
It's very clear kogi is majority Muslim state. Igala the largest tribe has about 55% Muslims, Ebira the second largest has about 90% Muslims. The okun has 60% Christians which is the only part of the state with higher Christians and the population their is about 17% of the state. Overall it's Muslims about 70% and Christina about 30% .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldiers Dancing Skelewu After The Defeat Of Boko Haram In Baja ( Video / My Certificates Have Been Consumed By Fire, Sambo Tells INEC / Boko Haram Kills 70 Adamawa Residents On Sallah Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.