Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. (11994 Views)

She Can Apologize For What She Has Not Done Because Of This- (hilarious Pix) / He Called And Apologize After Seeing My Nakednes.s(part 2) / Man Stays In Tree For 9-months After Wife Refuses To Apologize (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by MrCork21: 7:01pm On Oct 26, 2010
Women must always ask for permission, period! angry
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by HighChief4(m): 7:19pm On Oct 26, 2010
thaira:

High Chief, I think you used the correct word- considerate. When one considers the other, then things will work out.

Gbam!!!

NIKKnJAZZ:

High chief, Half of the guys there are already doing these things

Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Outstrip(f): 7:24pm On Oct 26, 2010
High_Chief:

You are getting the whole thing wrong, nobody is saying its wrong for his woman to earn more than he does, but its surely a big problem when she does things without givin a damnnn about how he feels, just the way a woman would want her husband to respect her own views. IMHO love conquers all and each partner should always put the other person into consideration when taking decisions, even down to little things. I got a particular Jacket one time and very expensive too but my gal never liked it on me and I stopped wearing it.

Did you read the same thing I read. No where in that article did it say that the man should be treated badly. It simply says treat yourself well and with respect and while doing that remove guilt from the equation. Here is what you can do. Pick out anyone of those things pointed out and tell me the one that you feel just does not sit right with you and why. Then maybe I can begin to see what the problem is.
My husband is free to do anyone of those things and when he shines I am happy for him. You know why I will not have bad belle over his success? Because I make a point to do those things that are important to me and he has come to understand and respect that about me. Had he decided to have the attitude that I cannot because I am a wife he would have been a very very unhappy man. That bitterness usually comes from people who have not achieved what they are fully capable off or are simply lazy and go through life blaming everybody else for their lack of achievement when in reality you own your own power. This is simply what this person is trying to get across.
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 26, 2010
Outstrip:

Did you read the same thing I read. No where in that article did it say that the man should be treated badly. It simply says treat yourself well and with respect and while doing that remove guilt from the equation. Here is what you can do. Pick out anyone of those things pointed out and tell me the one that you feel just does not sit right with you and why. Then maybe I can begin to see what the problem is.
My husband is free to do anyone of those things and when he shines I am happy for him. You know why I will not have bad belle over his success? Because I make a point to do those things that are important to me and he has come to understand and respect that about me. Had he decided to have the attitude that I cannot because I am a wife he would have been a very very unhappy man. That bitterness usually comes from people who have not achieved what they are fully capable off or are simply lazy and go through life blaming everybody else for their lack of achievement when in reality you own your own power. This is simply what this person is trying to get across.

Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Breastman(m): 7:42pm On Oct 26, 2010
D only thing they shud neva apologize 4 is the size of their chestmeat (unless it is less than double D cup).
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by browncocos(f): 7:53pm On Oct 26, 2010
^^^^^
LOL URE CRAZY
Gosh that girl on your profile is just eeeewwwwwww WTH?
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by HighChief4(m): 8:10pm On Oct 26, 2010
@Outstrip
Let me outline the ones i have problems with

Going out with friends

Friends are important whether you’re in a relationship or you’re single. If your man is giving you a problem about you seeing your friends, especially if you see him often, it’s an issue to immediately handle. It’s a sign of trust issues and a controlling nature among other problems. While you should deliver an appropriate amount of time to the relationship, it’s also important to allocate personal time to other loved ones.

Most times its not about trust, if your partner is not comfortable about your friendship with a particular person(s), the best to do is to demand his reasons for that(with an open mind). You know humand beings are so deep and sometimes we dont seem to understand them even till we die, your partner might notice some bad attitudes in friends you keep and move with, so it is only fair for him to stop that. If a guy should get married to an ex-prostitute you dont expect him to allow his wife to still keep her prostitute friends as friends or even allow them to go out together.

Walking away

Whether it’s walking away from a job that makes you unhappy or an abusive relationship, never apologize for walking away from something that makes you unhappy. You are with yourself every hour of every day and no one has to deal with your unhappiness more than you do. No one needs to be in an unhappy situation if it’s something they can walk away from.

This is where understanding comes in. Sometimes you see people doing things they are not comfortable with just to save the life of their loved ones, if you truly love your partner and not selfish sometimes you can go out of your way to do certain things. I am totally against that especially the "walking away from a job that makes you unhappy"

Personal style

Personal style is just that; personal because pertains to the individual. A woman should be able to wear what she wants without anyone telling her that the style is not good enough. While there are dress codefor example what to wear to work or an event, if you feel comfortable in it and believe it looks good on you then you’re entitled to wear it and be happy without someone else telling you otherwise.

You cannot wear something meant for prostitution and expect your man to clap hands for you. My woman cannot follow me to certain places without dressing in the right way. e.g. going for a meeting with business partners/colleagues, remember that saying "You are addressed the way you are dressed". Secondly, I cannot have friends in the house and my woman runs around the house with her transparent pyjamas, i will ask her to go change it.

Taking risks

Whether it’s skydiving or quitting to pursue a job you really want, you don’t owe an explanation to anyone for the risks you take if they involve only you. Life is too short to not pursue the type of life you want.

There should be mutual agreement before taking some risks especially if its the one that the negative outcome will not affect only you. You might put your partner in a big mess should the outcome not favorable, so you have to consider that too

Outstrip, I hope you will find the above satisfying to your question
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by adanny01(m): 8:56pm On Oct 26, 2010
This poster is just trying to increase the rate of divorce in Nigeria. If my wife seriously takes to your advice, she should hire a lawyer.
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Tontolover(f): 12:55am On Oct 27, 2010
Nigerian men are the close-minded bastards I've ever seen in this world, my God! angry angry What the Bleep makes a man more special than a woman? his dick?? please, you have succeeded in deceiving these poor Nigerian woman and they are okay with it. it's scary!! embarassed embarassed. preaching about what the bible says a woman must do. No, i'm not going against the bible and i know i don't know the bible well but there is no where it says a wife should be submissive to her husband. A husband must respect his wife if he wants the respect too.

[color=#990000][/color]i fuckin hate Nigerian men, you should you could control any girl/woman besides your Nigerian women/girls, Man the Bleep up and stop lying to yourselves.
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by mamagee3(f): 1:07am On Oct 27, 2010
samtoye:

Can you rename this post as "10 Lessons on How to lose a man",
More like 10 lessons on "How to forever remain single".
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by planetuzor(m): 1:18am On Oct 27, 2010
Hi every one nice post nd cmments 4rm u guy
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Ruq: 2:34am On Oct 27, 2010
This is some stupid fact!!!! sorry Poster you really really made no sense please tell me you dubbed it from a site if you made this on your own!!!!! cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

This is naija Things like this seldom fuckin matters!
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by HighChief4(m): 2:40am On Oct 27, 2010
Tontolover:

Nigerian men are the close-minded bastards I've ever seen in this world, my God! angry angry What the bleep makes a man more special than a woman? his manliness?? please, you have succeeded in deceiving these poor Nigerian woman and they are okay with it. it's scary!! embarassed embarassed. preaching about what the bible says a woman must do. No, i'm not going against the bible and i know i don't know the bible well but there is no where it says a wife should be submissive to her husband. A husband must respect his wife if he wants the respect too.

[color=#990000][/color]i fuckin hate Nigerian men, you should you could control any girl/woman besides your Nigerian women/girls, Man the bleep up and stop lying to yourselves.

Stop stereotyping, how many Nigerian men have you dated to arrive at that conclusion. Is your mum not enjoyin her marriage and does that make your Dad non-nigerian. You have not just met the right ones, chikena!!!!
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Ruq: 3:03am On Oct 27, 2010
High_Chief:

Stop stereotyping, how many Nigerian men have you dated to arrive at that conclusion. Is your mum not enjoyin her marriage and does that make your Dad non-nigerian. You have not just met the right ones, chikena!!!!

Thank you you spoke my mind!!
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Outstrip(f): 3:44am On Oct 27, 2010
High chief you responded exactly like I thought you would. I will respond because you actually are trying to help me see where you are coming from. Let's take the first highlighted part of your quote

You probably should not be married to someone who hates all your friends. All is the key word here. I understand you not liking one or two of your spouses friends but the idea of giving up every single one of your friends is ridiculous especially when these were friends before the marriage. If this friend is truly a problem for the marriage then any good spouse will give up a friendship that is actively destroying their marriage. This is not the case here. The writer is simply saying that those friendships should still matter because you are still an individual even though you are married. Your example of a prostitute as a friend is stretching it because you know and I know that the writer did not in anyway mean that it is okay to have those kinds of friends. If you need to get out without your husband and just hang out with the girls you shouldn't feel guilty about it. You can hang out without dragging your husband with you

Walking away.
Frankly I am surprised that you have an issue with this because you even see the examples the writer gave. These are serious issues. He did not say just quit your job for the heck of it even though you know that it will cripple the family. The writer did not say walk away from a good and thriving relationship. So why do you imply that the writer is not talking about serious issues.

Personal Style[i]
Personal style is just that; personal because pertains to the individual. A woman should be able to wear what she wants without anyone telling her that the style is not good enough. While there are dress codefor example what to wear to work or an event, if you feel comfortable in it and believe it looks good on you then you’re entitled to wear it and be happy without someone else telling you otherwise[/i]

You cannot wear something meant for prostitution and expect your man to clap hands for you. My woman cannot follow me to certain places without dressing in the right way. e.g. going for a meeting with business partners/colleagues, remember that saying "You are addressed the way you are dressed". Secondly, I cannot have friends in the house and my woman runs around the house with her transparent pyjamas, i will ask her to go change it.

The writers quote is in italics and yours in bold.
Is it is obvious that the writer did not say "if he does not like your style" but that he might feel "the style is not good enough". That is an issue. Your spouse should always be good enough. My husband is a very technical guy and he will wear a shirt from walmart and tuck it into a pair of "untailored" pants and wear that to a formal wedding if I close my eyes. If he insists on wearing that I don't have a choice but it is not a crime. If he was sagging those pants or unbuttons his shirt to his belly button when we are maybe going to church and insist on being indecent then there might be trouble. I don't think the writer was saying go and dress like a prostitute. It was more like your style is good enough.

Basically I am sure you get the idea now. Sorry I responded so late. I just got caught up with work. To be honest I don't think you are irrational by the way you analyzed it but I know that a lot of Nigerian men will immediately jump on it as a women empowerment thing and that actually scares some men off
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by hairqueen: 3:57am On Oct 27, 2010
Women Should Never Apologize for being PROUD To Show Fake Hair!!

Why are women so happy to show the weft from hair extensions/hair weaves? Or is it that their hairdressers have no shame?

The biggest “Hair Police Ticket” should be given to these hairdressers and their hand work.

How can they let their clients walk out of the salon with bonding hair glue oozing out from the sides of their clients hair, or strands of thread showing? Do they inform their customers that this is what they will look like and this is what they will pay for?

Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Dproducer(m): 6:32am On Oct 27, 2010
@poster: This is lame, its like saying "Nigerians: Ejunges (bribe) you don't need to give"

We know all this things, some peeps are just slaves to em', undecided undecided undecided
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by slap1(m): 6:35am On Oct 27, 2010
This article is not Nigerian and is not applicable to every culture, that is what we are refusing to see. I pity the Nigerian ladies that have bought this hook, line and sinker; your next stop will surely be prayer houses.
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 27, 2010
Tontolover:

Nigerian men are the close-minded bastards I've ever seen in this world, my God! angry angry What the bleep makes a man more special than a woman? his manliness?? please, you have succeeded in deceiving these poor Nigerian woman and they are okay with it. it's scary!! embarassed embarassed. preaching about what the bible says a woman must do. No, i'm not going against the bible and i know i don't know the bible well but there is no where it says a wife should be submissive to her husband. A husband must respect his wife if he wants the respect too.

[color=#990000][/color]i fuckin hate Nigerian men, you should you could control any girl/woman besides your Nigerian women/girls, Man the bleep up and stop lying to yourselves.

So what's your point? to me you sound more like a B with capital LETTER. BTW what's up with the girl pic?, Gud night
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Nobody: 7:44am On Oct 27, 2010

I fuckin hate Nigerian men.

And you think Nigerian men are excited by your skinny backside? You'd do well to marry an oyinbo junkie over there.
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 27, 2010
adanny01:

This poster is just trying to increase the rate of divorce in Nigeria. If my wife seriously takes to your advice, she should hire a lawyer.
How do u treat ur wife?Are u a dictator in ur house or what?
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Ossaifamous(m): 8:49am On Oct 27, 2010
labalaba to ba fi ara re wey eyé ele dabi eyé,
That landlord's daughter is around the corner to snatch that husband.

wives apply wisdom, am out
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by oludashmi(f): 10:35am On Oct 27, 2010
By the time the stu.pid women who takes this in will lose their homes, I hope you will have enough rooms to accommodate and re-marry them, trash angry

Your post made the home page and you are happy. . . .when is the celebration?
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by hbabe(f): 10:37am On Oct 27, 2010
Nice write up.  If the lady doesn't apply caution in handling some of the issues mentioned here her relationship may go sour.  Ladies don't have to apologise and they don't have to throw it at a guy's face either.
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Mygoldie(f): 11:05am On Oct 27, 2010
i cannot apologise for loving someone, NEVER!!!
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 27, 2010
Tontolover:

Nigerian men are the close-minded bastards I've ever seen in this world, my God! angry angry What the bleep makes a man more special than a woman? his manliness?? please, you have succeeded in deceiving these poor Nigerian woman and they are okay with it. it's scary!!  embarassed embarassed. preaching about what the bible says a woman must do. No, i'm not going against the bible and i know i don't know the bible well but there is no where it says a wife should be submissive to her husband. A husband must respect his wife if he wants the respect too.

My sister,never make any comment out of ignorance.Always make enquiries.Concerning ur last comment,this is the bibles perspective about it ''wives submit yourselves unto your own husbands,as it is fit in the lord''(colosians 3vs18 kjv version) Besides, from your post,you thinks that you are wiser than the ladies in Nigeria.This is the bibles view concerning your condition ''Whoever thinks he is standing firm had better be careful that he does not fall''(1 cor.10vs12 Good news version) May God bless you and help you to make amends so as not to be a shame to the folk of womanhood in future.
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by ceeplus(m): 11:27am On Oct 27, 2010
@Poster,oboy u don de scata all dis small girls mind, wetin u talk good small and eh bad plentiiiioooo.i no deyooooh
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by chines4(m): 11:29am On Oct 27, 2010
For the singles ladies its your life. For the married one's its not u'r life anymore, u'r husband, Kids(If u have any) are all part of that life.
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by coolkaboom(m): 11:30am On Oct 27, 2010
my wife must not see this strap.

admin,

Please remove am kia kia.
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Mygoldie(f): 11:35am On Oct 27, 2010
coolkaboom:

my wife must not see this strap.

admin,

Please remove am kia kia.

the truth is bitter innit?
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by madoba: 12:56pm On Oct 27, 2010
@ Activeman (the original poster)

I perfectly understand your post and I appreciate your write up. I feel you on a few things and I can relate to some of those things such as never apologizing for WALKING AWAY and BEING HONEST.

I never apologize for walking away from crap, busllshit and stuff that makes me feel unhappy, I never apologize for being honest about my thoughts & feelings. But I always apologize when I have hurt or wronged someone whether male or female.

I think your thread has been mis-understood by quite a number of people here, and some of the points you made like the one about TAKING RISKS is not very practical within a marriage relationship but on the whole I like the points you've made, they are very reasonable.
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:34pm On Oct 27, 2010
[/quote]
@ Activeman (the original poster)

Going out with friends

Friends are important whether you’re in a relationship or you’re single. If your man is giving you a problem about you seeing your friends, especially if you see him often, it’s an issue to immediately handle. It’s a sign of trust issues and a controlling nature among other problems. While you should deliver an appropriate amount of time to the relationship, it’s also important to allocate personal time to other loved ones.

Fine, good point. i guess it works both ways and i am very entitled to spend time with my friends going to beer parlors and night clubs too shey? and i guess it also means she is free to go anywhere and hang out even at the detriment of say her 2 yr old child at home with the house help at 9 pm?

Being successful

It’s a sad fact that some men are uncomfortable with successful women. Even if the man considers himself successful, he may try to douse the woman’s happiness about her own achievements. In some cases the woman will feel guilty all on her own. You earned your success, so enjoy it without any negative feelings.

well i definitely agree!!!!! i cant stand lazy no-good, give me money for my hair women. but i also guess this goes without saying that she is entirely responsible for her personal upkeep.

Walking away

Whether it’s walking away from a job that makes you unhappy or an abusive relationship, never apologize for walking away from something that makes you unhappy. You are with yourself every hour of every day and no one has to deal with your unhappiness more than you do. No one needs to be in an unhappy situation if it’s something they can walk away from.

of course, any sane person must walk away from abuse/abusive relationship etc. but  what if mrs wife is walking away from say her mom, and of course its interpreted as you being the husband is the cause of it(the rationality of the interpretation is not in issue here note) am talking real life situations!!!!!

and thankfully as her husband i can also walk away from relating or associating with her family too no? (as i really cant stand her siblings and i truly dislike her mom) and vice versa?

Personal style

Personal style is just that; personal because pertains to the individual. A woman should be able to wear what she wants without anyone telling her that the style is not good enough. While there are dress codefor example what to wear to work or an event, if you feel comfortable in it and believe it looks good on you then you’re entitled to wear it and be happy without someone else telling you otherwise.

does this include tying wrapper to the neighborhood grocery store? or revealing her cleavage while tagging along to church, at the family get together, at my office shindig where am required to bring her along or even anywhere on the planet or ok if i become the next governor, she must lead the way in cut-off hot pants at my inaguration?

Having what your man doesn’t

Some women feel guilty when they’re in a relationship with a man and has some things he is currently lacking. Some of the guilt triggers may be a job, money, a house or a certain type of car. If he wants these things, he can strive to get them but you should never try to dim your light or feel bad for what you have just because your partner doesn’t.

TRUE!!!!! VERY TRUE!!!!   

Taking risks

Whether it’s skydiving or quitting to pursue a job you really want, you don’t owe an explanation to anyone for the risks you take if they involve only you. Life is too short to not pursue the type of life you want.

you mean my wife can take risks without even thinking of the fact that she has children and a husband?  ok so i can resign and go start a business selling water to fishes with our entire family fortune?      skydiving?? hmmn lovely. she should get my blessing to leave junior and princess with me and go off bungee jumping? 
wow, i have always wanted to drive formula one. . . . . . . . . .  and do a few lines of coke every night too. and take a new concubine. she is too old to spice my blood up!!
ITS MY LIFE NAH!!!

Being honest

If you have certain thoughts, own up to them and don’t apologize especially if someone is asking for your opinion. While saying your opinion isn’t the best idea in certain circumstances, such as if you think your boyfriend’s manliness isn’t as great as your ex’s, many times it’s okay to express how you feel. If other people don’t agree get upset, then they shouldn’t have asked in the first place.

yup, opinions are the very spice of life. i hope she also does'nt mind when i tell her her toto is slack, she looks like my grand momma on juice, her pop is really a grumpy old jobless fart etc etc etc

Staying in pajamas

If you want to sit around in the middle of a Sunday afternoon in your pajamas curled up under a blanket while you watch old movies, then so be it. If your man gives you a problem, invite him to put on his pajamas and pull up a chair.

hmmmn, lovely. . . . .  . mrs smith is in pyjamas at 2 pm, junior always sees mommy dressed like a fool right in the middle of the day and wants to go to school dressed like that too, . . . ,   ,  . . . .  mr smith is in boxers at the street corner arguing loudly with the neighborhood farts about the president of the local association of farmers and his new bicycle

Liking what you like

Whether it’s reality television or a musician no one has heard of, you shouldn’t apologize for anything you like. If everyone liked the same things, the world would be pretty boring anyway.

yup, which is why i like football, and will proceed to paint our home in the badge of my fav footy club, make sure the TV only shows footy, play my rock music at full blast whilst playing playstation 3 at 11 pm

Not reciprocating interest

You aren’t going to be attracted to every guy that expresses interest in you. If you don’t like someone in a romantic way, there’s nothing you can do about it. You may feel bad for the other person, but it isn’t something you can help and doesn’t require an apology.

this is my favorite! finally i dont have to sleep with you or even show any interest after having 5 rounds outside, i no longer have to listen to your downright boring useless stories about your day, i dont have to tell you you look nice in you brand new set of dumb ass clothing. i dont even have to tell you i love you even if you say it a million times!!!! bliss!

Avoiding contact

If an ex, friend that betrayed you or someone else that you have no interest in speaking to contacts you and you avoid them, make no apologies for it. You should surround yourself with people you like, whether it’s friends or acquaintances and everyone else push to the side. Having people you dislike in your life will only bring you down.

fine. pls remember also not to greet the landlord (useless old jobless hungry man), the neighbors (snotty gbe boruns), your colleagues at work (the bitches have been scheming on you, your sister and bros (you had a fight last time remember), your mom ( for having the temerity to ask you when the next child is coming)
life is wonderful alone shey?

You should offer an apology when you do something wrong, not when you’re being who you are. While everyone has some flaws, the person you’re with is supposed to love you for who you are not for who he wants you to be.

of course na before nko? will i apologise getting drunk and vomiting all over the sitting room rug? its who i am i drink and i vomit, live with it!!!
or u actually expect me to apologise for ogling the neighbors teenage daughter with succulent bosoms? when did lookery become a crime?

[quote]

dude, i think you should actually use your brain and think, you know, deep introspection, THINK. before speaking whatever comes off the top your head and catches your fancy!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

At Gun Point: Your Boyfriend Or You(gf)? / How To Identify Siblings That Have Intimacy Together / Maserati - Big Boobs Can't Just Stand Unless They Are Fake - True Or False?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.