Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. (11985 Views)

She Can Apologize For What She Has Not Done Because Of This- (hilarious Pix) / He Called And Apologize After Seeing My Nakednes.s(part 2) / Man Stays In Tree For 9-months After Wife Refuses To Apologize (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 25, 2010
Women tend to apologize for things that they shouldn’t and, many times, the apology is directed to a man they’re involved with. It’s no surprise considering many women were, and still are, expected to keep their opinions to themselves, stay silent by their man’s side, feel guilty for saying no and feel bad about engaging in anything that seems indulgent. Over the years, societal pressures have relaxed a bit but still, many women find themselves experiencing unnecessary guilt and making apologies, especially to their man. While some apologies are necessary, there are certain things a woman should never apologize for.

Going out with friends

Friends are important whether you’re in a relationship or you’re single. If your man is giving you a problem about you seeing your friends, especially if you see him often, it’s an issue to immediately handle. It’s a sign of trust issues and a controlling nature among other problems. While you should deliver an appropriate amount of time to the relationship, it’s also important to allocate personal time to other loved ones.

Being successful

It’s a sad fact that some men are uncomfortable with successful women. Even if the man considers himself successful, he may try to douse the woman’s happiness about her own achievements. In some cases the woman will feel guilty all on her own. You earned your success, so enjoy it without any negative feelings.

Walking away

Whether it’s walking away from a job that makes you unhappy or an abusive relationship, never apologize for walking away from something that makes you unhappy. You are with yourself every hour of every day and no one has to deal with your unhappiness more than you do. No one needs to be in an unhappy situation if it’s something they can walk away from.

Personal style

Personal style is just that; personal because pertains to the individual. A woman should be able to wear what she wants without anyone telling her that the style is not good enough. While there are dress codefor example what to wear to work or an event, if you feel comfortable in it and believe it looks good on you then you’re entitled to wear it and be happy without someone else telling you otherwise.

Having what your man doesn’t

Some women feel guilty when they’re in a relationship with a man and has some things he is currently lacking. Some of the guilt triggers may be a job, money, a house or a certain type of car. If he wants these things, he can strive to get them but you should never try to dim your light or feel bad for what you have just because your partner doesn’t.

Taking risks

Whether it’s skydiving or quitting to pursue a job you really want, you don’t owe an explanation to anyone for the risks you take if they involve only you. Life is too short to not pursue the type of life you want.

Being honest

If you have certain thoughts, own up to them and don’t apologize especially if someone is asking for your opinion. While saying your opinion isn’t the best idea in certain circumstances, such as if you think your boyfriend’s penis isn’t as great as your ex’s, many times it’s okay to express how you feel. If other people don’t agree get upset, then they shouldn’t have asked in the first place.

Staying in pajamas

If you want to sit around in the middle of a Sunday afternoon in your pajamas curled up under a blanket while you watch old movies, then so be it. If your man gives you a problem, invite him to put on his pajamas and pull up a chair.

Liking what you like

Whether it’s reality television or a musician no one has heard of, you shouldn’t apologize for anything you like. If everyone liked the same things, the world would be pretty boring anyway.

Not reciprocating interest

You aren’t going to be attracted to every guy that expresses interest in you. If you don’t like someone in a romantic way, there’s nothing you can do about it. You may feel bad for the other person, but it isn’t something you can help and doesn’t require an apology.

Avoiding contact

If an ex, friend that betrayed you or someone else that you have no interest in speaking to contacts you and you avoid them, make no apologies for it. You should surround yourself with people you like, whether it’s friends or acquaintances and everyone else push to the side. Having people you dislike in your life will only bring you down.

You should offer an apology when you do something wrong, not when you’re being who you are. While everyone has some flaws, the person you’re with is supposed to love you for who you are not for who he wants you to be.

Even if the guilt is all your own and wasn’t brought on by someone else, love who you are and reevaluate what you’re really apologizing for before you offer one. Your quirks, hobbies and traits make up who you are; those that truly care about you will still like you anyway and, if they don’t, show them the door. It’s too exhausting to hide who you are and what you like.

http://itsnaija. com/2010/10/25/11-things-a-woman-should-never-apologize-for/
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Dyt(f): 10:30pm On Oct 25, 2010
yawns
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by r231(m): 11:05pm On Oct 25, 2010
yea rite grin
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by InkedNerd(f): 11:14pm On Oct 25, 2010
Oooh, thanks for posting ActiveMan kiss.
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Osama10(m): 11:27pm On Oct 25, 2010
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by HighChief4(m): 12:10am On Oct 26, 2010
Yeah nice, but I dont agree with all the points outlined, if a woman tries to uphold all that, trust me your marriage/relationship is heading to the rocks wink wink
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Dsense(m): 12:32am On Oct 26, 2010
OP,
Were u d teacher of Wole Shoyinka tongue
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by ak21(m): 11:06am On Oct 26, 2010
Often, those who make the law
ends up spoiling it.
Can you put your thumb print on it that you have
never made a woman fill guilty in any of
these?
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 26, 2010
I MADE A POST THAT MAKE THE FRONT PAGE grin grin
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Osocan(m): 11:29am On Oct 26, 2010
In africa culture,those things will work.Even if d man marries another wife,she will apologize 2 d man 4 opposing at d marriage.winkman scare o.
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by MaiSuya(m): 11:44am On Oct 26, 2010
Taking risks

Whether it’s skydiving or quitting to pursue a job you really want, you don’t owe an explanation to anyone for the risks you take if they involve only you. Life is too short to not pursue the type of life you want.

I find this particular point absurd. So if something happens to her as a result of her risky ventures, the man should just accept it becos 'life's too short'? That would be height of insensitivity on her part. angry
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by gidson12(m): 11:51am On Oct 26, 2010
this is just a move to turn the women to radicals, and ready to challenge their man @ will
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by thaira(f): 11:57am On Oct 26, 2010
In other words, let's exalt the individual above the group.
IF [color=#990000][/color]my husband makes decisions as if he were still a bachelor/I am not a significant factor, then I'll be expecting plenty apologies, not a "its my life" attitude.
I matter in the relationship as much as he does.
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Youngichou(m): 12:03pm On Oct 26, 2010
ActiveMan:

I MADE A POST THAT MAKE THE FRONT PAGE grin grin
Celeb!!!!!
IDIOT just deceiving yourself
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by petebor02(m): 12:05pm On Oct 26, 2010
gfffffkkkh
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 26, 2010
Mai Suya:

I find this particular point absurd. So if something happens to her as a result of her risky ventures, the man should just accept it becos 'life's too short'? That would be height of insensitivity on her part. angry

Insensitivity? This is her life! So she should spend it trying to please someone else . . . who's being insitive here

gidson12:

this is just a move to turn the women to radicals, and ready to challenge their man @ will

Nope, this is just to make women embrace their personalities and not live in the shadow of the men in their lives!
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 26, 2010
Women liberation campaign
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 26, 2010
thaira:

In other words, let's exalt the individual above the group.
IF [color=#990000][/color]my husband makes decisions as if he were still a bachelor/I am not a significant factor, then I'll be expecting plenty apologies, not a "its my life" attitude.
I matter in the relationship as much as he does.

I agree that these do not apply in a marriage! There's someone else now and it's not just about her!  cool  cool
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by OboBoco(f): 12:11pm On Oct 26, 2010
These post coming from a man for the ladies has really made me have hope that they are still good,responsible and gentlemen that know how to respect their ladies out there.
KUDOS to you.

But be ready to get the lashing from SOME NL guys for standing up for the Ladies.
e.g MOBO444 and 190. grin grin grin.

all the same do not be troubled, stand for what you believe in.
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Nobody: 12:17pm On Oct 26, 2010
Youngichou:

Celeb!!!!!
just deceiving yourself

bros i no offend you now waiting now grin grin
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by saydfact(m): 12:22pm On Oct 26, 2010
[size=16pt]I GUESS UR MISSION IS TO SCATTER AS MANY MARRIAGES AS U CAN, [/size]

lipsrsealed undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by babyme1(f): 12:23pm On Oct 26, 2010
Nice. But if i do ALL these,my man will hit the ceiling. Lol!
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by clintwine(m): 12:39pm On Oct 26, 2010
say-d-fact:

[size=16pt]I GUESS your MISSION IS TO SCATTER AS MANY MARRIAGES AS U CAN, [/size]

lipsrsealed undecided lipsrsealed

Thanks for saying my mind. Also these secondary school children whose mission is just to make front page embarassed
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Spyker: 12:40pm On Oct 26, 2010
It's fair while reading it and because it appears on a piece of paper or on a web page but not fair practically because if women were to practice what is written there, then we should not bother about preaching about "wives being submissive to their husband". For example,

Taking risks

I won't subscribe to this behaviour because this might end badly and the man would be blamed for letting her act that way. I have seen in-laws causing and abusive their son-in-laws when negative things happen to their wives. S
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by bababuff(m): 12:44pm On Oct 26, 2010
How about apologizing for farting?  grin
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Oct 26, 2010
baby.me:

Nice. But if i do ALL these,my man will hit the ceiling. Lol!
Let him raise the rooof, he will surely calm down.You dont apologise when he does that
Honestly, this is very interresting cos i have always been a victim.I always apologise to him even when he is wrong and i i try to show how i feel.He takes this advantage and does worse things believeing that she will apologise.
I will definately summon up couarge now and keep my aplogy to  myself.
This will  not scatter any marriage or rship but it will strength it.it will make the 2 parties to sit up.
It is so painful to have been thru all these, honestly.
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by slap1(m): 12:48pm On Oct 26, 2010
Nice post. A great blueprint for divorce.
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 26, 2010
slap1:

Nice post. A great blueprint for divorce.

Only if you are married to a close-minded tyrant! cool cool
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by babyme1(f): 12:59pm On Oct 26, 2010
@Nikkykay,yeah he will calm down but by then the harm must hv been done. Point of correction, i don't apologise for what i know i shouldn't and he knows that and doesn't take advantage of my nature.

But as my mum will say, it is better to say im sorry than having sleepless night. And trust me, this works for me.
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 26, 2010
Wonder why some guys see it as a way to divorce.
You guys dont like it when u r been challenged right?
Always like to eat ur cake and have it all in the name of women shld be submissive.
Thats not right please undecided
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 26, 2010
baby.me:

@Nikkykay,yeah he will calm down but by then the harm must hv been done. Point of correction, i don't apologise for what i know i shouldn't and he knows that and doesn't take advantage of my nature.

But as my mum will say, it is better to say im sorry than having sleepless night. And trust me, this works for me.
Am not saying u shld not say sorry to ur guy.
Look have been there.On several occasions , i have caught him cheating> He still brags about it.So many things that he will do that are not supposed to be.Thisng that he will not take when i do them to him.And when i confront him abt this, he rasies the roof. All in the name of avoiding the talk.And u know what, i will apologise for making him angry.This will give him the go ahead to do the same thing.
So when i said it hurs i know what am saying
Re: Woman: Things You Should Never Apologize For. by Dalby(m): 1:11pm On Oct 26, 2010
Ujujoan:

Only if you are married to a close-minded tyrant! cool cool

Not necessarily wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lesbians Spotted In Super Falcons (how Romantic!) / A Moment Of Truth! / RANKED: 5 Sex Positions You Can Try Even If She's Heavily Pregnant [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.