Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,460 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network (29453 Views)

The End Of Globacom In Benin Republic / Why Globacom Badly Wants 9mobile; But May Not Get It - The Cable / An Open Letter To Globacom On Behalf Of All Glo Subscribers - Naijatechguy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by Zoroaster: 8:38pm On Aug 30, 2019
TheAutoReporter:
Glo began loosing customers when they stopped their 200 naira data for 3 days... Many are on glo cos of that data stuff
That thing pain me i no go lie

1 Like

Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 30, 2019
When an India company bought Airtel, I know things are going to change.
Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by themanderon: 8:58pm On Aug 30, 2019
9mobile the utterly useless and fraudulent network. Very good in the art of misleading subscribers by promising something and doing exactly the opposite.
I know its just a question of time before they crash and burn like etisalat before them.
As for glo the Nigerian factor is doing them. After all these years they cannot improve on their shitty network despite all the complains from their subscribers. An utterly hopeless network.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by Dadus1: 9:13pm On Aug 30, 2019
Bad network here
Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by otokx(m): 9:35pm On Aug 30, 2019
almakiyyun:

I have stopped recharging in to my glo since February, I only used it to receive bank alert

The line will soon be inactive.
Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by cooooooks(m): 10:15pm On Aug 30, 2019
Airtel's free facebook, cheap facebook and WhatsApp plans is what is staking them higher. All my younger cousins use Airtel for this reason.
Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by Kingston6: 10:18pm On Aug 30, 2019
After all the fast data then dy tk
Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by Aghaclem67: 10:52pm On Aug 30, 2019
Upon say MTN call cost pass any other provider, them still dey top others for subscriber base. Airtel don improve well well sha, them dey where you no expect them and other networks no reach there.
Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by Omudia11: 10:54pm On Aug 30, 2019
You're even cheating yourself. Been getting 6GB for 1,500 on Airtel.
Beface:
So far I have switch from Globacom to Airtel for stopping there #1000/ 3.6GB, until there change them mind because the only thing I dey enjoy from Globacom na there data.
Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by Omudia11: 10:59pm On Aug 30, 2019
Buy a new sim. Load 1,500 and get 6GB.
Valid for one month. Basically they give double data to all new Sims for 3 months.
priceaction:
How much is Airtel data plan? And how long validity? Does it select the sim?

1 Like

Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by Nobody: 11:54pm On Aug 30, 2019
otokx:

Provided he receive or make calls, his line would remain active
Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by Nobody: 11:58pm On Aug 30, 2019
Aghaclem67:
Upon say MTN call cost pass any other provider, them still dey top others for subscriber base. Airtel don improve well well sha, them dey where you no expect them and other networks no reach there.
Mtn still top the market because of the following
1. Stability to a large extent
2. Large network coverage
3.High speed internet in many locations
Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 30, 2019
cooooooks:
Airtel's free facebook, cheap facebook and WhatsApp plans is what is staking them higher. All my younger cousins use Airtel for this reason.
It is part of the reasons why their subscriber base increased
Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by DedeNkem: 12:23am On Aug 31, 2019
Claiming to be the largest doesn't translate to good service delivery!

No telecom company in Nigeria is good, they are all very corrupt!
Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by nagalee(m): 4:53am On Aug 31, 2019
PureGoldh:
Okay ooh.....Glo no be network na

Even if you climb their mast...Network go still dey fluctuate
h@h@h@
Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by Beface(m): 5:42am On Aug 31, 2019
Omudia11:
You're even cheating yourself. Been getting 6GB for 1,500 on Airtel.
. 1,500 for 6GB, wow what is the code?
Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by Sike(m): 7:32am On Aug 31, 2019
GLO WILL BE BACK, I BELIEVE.
Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by adefowope14(m): 7:37am On Aug 31, 2019
9mobile, very fast in my area, with quality service delivery but the data price is too high, even the call rate is still a bit high
Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by wolextayo: 7:44am On Aug 31, 2019
Buy a new SIM card and continue the ride. I’ve been doing this all year. The bonus last for four months from purchase. So after four months just buy another one. Thank me later
Beface:
So far I have switch from Globacom to Airtel for stopping there #1000/ 3.6GB, until there change them mind because the only thing I dey enjoy from Globacom na there data.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by Omudia11: 8:51am On Aug 31, 2019
Dial *141# then click on monthly plans.
After that, you'll see N1,500 for 3GB subscribe to it but after you subscribe you'll be given extra 3GB which makes it 6GB and it's valid for one month. You'll also be given free airtime of over 3k to call Airtel and another 3k for other networks. This free airtime is valid for 1 week only but before it expires you can topup with N100 and extend it.

PS: Make sure it's a new sim. They will keep giving you these bonuses for a period of 3 months. After 3 months, get another sim, rinse and repeat.
Beface:
. 1,500 for 6GB, wow what is the code?

1 Like

Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by Boyooosa(m): 1:09pm On Aug 31, 2019
I believe this report because airtel really worked hard recently; alot of aggressive marketing\sales of sims, nice and attractive bonus packages and most importantly, REAL 4G Lte, when talking of data speed. Sign of good leadership in management.
But wait o, what of spectranet inside life shocked
Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by penguinpikin: 1:47pm On Aug 31, 2019
asuustrike1:

Mtn still top the market because of the following
1. Stability to a large extent
2. Large network coverage
3.High speed internet in many locations

I dumped MTN for Air tel in Sari. Because I cannot browse in my ares
Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 31, 2019
penguinpikin:

I dumped MTN for Air tel in Sari. Because I cannot browse in my ares
So unfortunate but am using them presently to post on this platform
Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by Kfed4ril(m): 11:41pm On Aug 31, 2019
Beface:

I’m thinking of getting an Airtel line strictly for date what is the cheapest data plan.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by dingbang(m): 2:37am On Sep 01, 2019
Omudia11:
Dial *141# then click on monthly plans.
After that, you'll see N1,500 for 3GB subscribe to it but after you subscribe you'll be given extra 3GB which makes it 6GB and it's valid for one month. You'll also be given free airtime of over 3k to call Airtel and another 3k for other networks. This free airtime is valid for 1 week only but before it expires you can topup with N100 and extend it.

PS: Make sure it's a new sim. They will keep giving you these bonuses for a period of 3 months. After 3 months, get another sim, rinse and repeat.
I think the promo applies to old sims though. I subbed for a mega plan of 5000naira for 10gb and I was given extra 10gb.
Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by DeHumbleTboy: 3:10am On Sep 01, 2019
Beface:
which code do you use to sub 3.6gb for 1k plz?
Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by Beface(m): 6:39am On Sep 01, 2019
DeHumbleTboy:
which code do you use to sub 3.6gb for 1k plz?
It is only applicable when you did not buy data for three months.
Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by almakiyyun(m): 8:10am On Sep 01, 2019
otokx:

better
Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by ken6488(m): 1:12pm On Sep 01, 2019
Zoroaster:
That thing pain me i no go lie

Cry no more

Airtel off that plan now

Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by fredie107(m): 5:18pm On Sep 01, 2019
When glo have refused to roll out another 4g band.... Why won't they drop?
Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by fredie107(m): 5:18pm On Sep 01, 2019
ken6488:

Cry no more

Airtel off that plan now

How do one become eligible
Re: Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 01, 2019
ken6488:

Cry no more

Airtel off that plan now

Selected sims only

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Iphone Killer Tweaks Section(for Jailbreakers) / Gionee M5 , The Experience So Far / Airtel Bis Data Bundle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.