Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? (16500 Views)

Boko Haram Wants To Kill Me For Converting To Christianity”–Islamic Cleric’s Son / Why Do God Have To Create People GAY? Why? / Did God Create Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by gameaddict(m): 9:53pm On Oct 28, 2010
@ Mudley313: Yes I do, like I said in my previous answer. One just has to be careful when approaching issues like this. So many religions, so many minds, Mankind has suffered much.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Sweetnecta: 9:55pm On Oct 28, 2010
@JesusDWay; « #108 on: Today at 01:26:34 PM »
[Quote]@Poster and those who support him.

Many religions practice the art of sacrificing animals to take away sins. You can take your time to find this out. There must be something unique about this practice that will make it common to those religions. My submission is this, this a practice that God Himself started when He used the skin of an animal to clothe Adam and Eve(He must have killed the animal before He can use its skin and is a type of what He will do when He will send Christ to die on the cross) and others have picked it up as all knowledge proceeds from God, though some may have twisted it.

The wages of sin is death. Armed robbers and high offenders that are killed for their deeds should suffice if you want proofs. God sent His Son to die for us so that we will not have to receive the wages of our sins, that is why He is referred to as the Lamb of God that was slain from the foundation of the world and the Lamb of God that taketh away the sins of the whole world. The bible did tells us that we were born sinners and nothing can be truer. Nobody taught us how to lie when we were small, how to steal, etc, we just did them naturally because that is the nature we were born with.

God so loved the world, that is why He will pay attention on this planet and not other planet even if the earth seems insignificant. If thats His choice, you cannot question it. You and i have the right to our choices and so God also.

Nobody makes the Sun and the Moon to come out when they do. At least, there has been no scientific explanation for why they come out at the time they do but the bible says God made it to be so and so it was. This is to make you know, that there must be someone behind all these. Nothing just happens. Even Newton's First Law of motion supports this. I'm telling you the truth with all my heart, God really does exists and He has His own ways and they are higher than our own.

Believe Him today and ask Jesus to come into your heart, and He will reveal Himself to you. He is the reason for all existence.[/Quote]The bold, if it is a proof that death is a wages of sin, why is Paul, dead? Was a sinner whose time was up? Why did all who had died passed away, some without any know sin? Lets try John the son of Zacharaiah and his father; give me a sin that either committed. How about Lot? How about Noah? How about the father of faith, Abraham?
Well you said Jesus died for 3 days. Was he a sinner for those three days, dying  for his sins, and all of a sudden becomes a sinless man? If he died for your sins, in those three days, I wonder why christians are still dying? MAybe he didnt really die? Maybe the wages of sin is not death, so the claim that Jesus died for sin was a hoax?
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by IchieEzeji: 11:09pm On Oct 28, 2010
One had better ignore this fellow called 'ROSSIKE'. He can only be one of the disciples of the Devil and a harbinger of the anti-Christ. If he cares, let him read the stories of many self-acclaimed atheists (like Heine, Freud, Russel, etc) to find out how they ended up miserably, how many of them recanted their atheistic outpourings on their death beds. He should also find out what happened to the likes Jonh Lennon, Marilyn, et al who denounced our Lord Jesus Christ.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Pimpu(m): 11:20pm On Oct 28, 2010
Christianity is such a joke MATRIX
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by roymary: 11:23pm On Oct 28, 2010
Pimpu:

Christianity is such a joke MATRIX

I pray your spiritual minds are opened soon--if you prove stubborn, i honestly hope you eat your words someday!!!
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by bashydemy(m): 12:15am On Oct 29, 2010
Dont mind those dilluded xtains believe one stupid story was Jesus the only prophets that got killed? Romans 11:3 can you tell me wish of the prophets that was refering to xtainity is Fraud and they are doing it to our face. We see those thief pastor's all over tha places
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Nobody: 12:20am On Oct 29, 2010
@Roymary ok. I will leave you alone. As you said "a blockhead is a blockhead" so I will take that and be on my way. wink
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by roymary: 12:30am On Oct 29, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

@Roymary ok. I will leave you alone. As you said "a blockhead is a blockhead" so I will take that and be on my way. wink

Honestly, we are on same side if you believe in Christ. I just got pissed; its crazy people respect one another but when it comes to God, they say all sorts because they can't see Him.

Once again, I'm sorry if i said anything wrong to you. Cheers
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by chyz1: 2:44am On Oct 29, 2010
Jesus never said he came to die for our sins.I dare anybody to point out a verse where JESUS said he came to die for the sins of the world.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Enigma(m): 3:01am On Oct 29, 2010
Some will find this and this useful.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Dauchman(m): 4:40am On Oct 29, 2010
ROSSIKE:

Dauchman said:

Sometimes I wonder if you christians think you're dealing with idiots. I just stated there was ZERO evidence for Jesus' existence, and instead of YOU to PROVIDE this evidence, you brag your way through the poser, insisting there is such evidence and asking ME to search for it.

Bros, I have searched. There is none that couldn't easily have been DREAMT UP by someone, as all were claims made several decades after the alleged life of ''Jesus''.

Do you realise the original gospels had an anonymous author? No one actually knows who wrote them. It was only decades after their 'discovery' that each book was attributed to ''Mark'', ''Luke'', ''John'' etc etc. No one knows for sure who these people are, or if they actually ever existed.

In sheer terms of numbers of devotees, Buddha is probably just as popular as ''Jesus''. Do you know the population of China? And this ''our god is more popular than other gods so he must be true'' is a false argument utterly bereft of legitimacy. The ONLY reason christianity (and islam) are so commonly practiced today is that their inventors used THE SWORD to coerce populations across the world, in bloody crusades and jihads. In places like Nigeria, the British who seized the country, cornered the resources and diverted them to themselves and their new 'native'western-educated elite. To join this elite, to access this new economy, one HAD to attend a western type school, in every case run by church missionaries, where conversion to christianity was a pre-requisite for education. So it was due to economic coercion and force that people across the world joined those two faiths. It is the reason YOU are a christian today, and not by any ''special blessing from heaven'' or whatever stuff they've drummed into your head.

By the way, there was a time Egyptian gods Horus and his father Osiris were known as ''God the son'' and ''God the father'', respectively around the world. So popularity means nothing.

We can barely find our way out of our grain of dust we call earth to the next grain of dust, and you're wondering why we have not found intelligent life in the universe? That's like a man who lacks the means to exit his own village claiming there are no people in Australia, America or China because he hasn't seen any.

Here's one translation that went awry in the bible. The original term used for ''God'' or ''the Lord'' was Elohim, ie ''the gods''. The Jews were a polytheistic people and most of their descriptions of what ''God'' did were actually referring to what ''the gods'' did. Only later after they became monotheistic did the rendition of those stories and their translation become references to ''God''. So there is an awful lot you're not being told by the priests, bishops, pastors and cardinals after your mind and your pocket.

I guess you have not fully explored the power of the internet. Go online and google about Jesus and do not look for something written by a Christian. There are many sites out there by atheists who have done various research to disprove the existence of Christ.

And i do not know why you keep referring to the gnostic gospels every time you try to disprove the gospels.

And where do you get your statistics that in terms of popularity that Buddhism is close to Christianity, do some proper research. If i give you easy links to find this like i said before you will not value it, so do it yourself like i did many years ago. Can you draw the world map and show me the spots where Buddhism is practiced and where Christianity is practiced. Besides you talk of the Egyptian gods, now i pose a question in what part of the world were they popular stories? You still miss the point my friend, those stories have failed to stand the test of time. We only read about them in history books. Besides its not only in the Egyptian mythology that we have gods with similar stories as that of the Christians, so who is to say that the stories of the other gods weren't fabricated to destroy the credence of Christianity.

Elohim is a plural formation of eloah, the latter being an expanded form of the Northwest Semitic noun il. It is the usual word for "God" in the Hebrew Bible, referring with singular verbs both to the one God of Israel, and also in a few examples to other singular pagan deities. With plural verbs the word is also used as a true plural with the meaning "gods".
The singular forms eloah and el are used as proper names or as generics, in which case they are interchangeable with elohim. Elohim singular is to be distinguished from elohim plural.

Dude do some more research on this, before you say things. If you do not get the translation right then you will always get the meaning wrong and get things all mixed up.

Also unanswered question,  Do you believe that the intricate complexity of this universe was created by an explosion, that DNA was an error, that the beauty of this existence was formed as a result of an explosion. Look deeply my dear friend, even scientists are beginning to see the loop holes in the big bang theory, Charles Darwin theory on evolution and a host of other theories.

I have never asked, what exactly do you believe in, what is your belief on the origin of man and the universe, maybe that way I and other fellow members of the group would better understand you.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Rhino3dm: 7:06am On Oct 29, 2010
^^ lets assume Darwins is wrong in his theory does that validate the genuiness of christianity? ? If yes present your facts. We have ten of thousand of religion/gods have you explore all to come to the conclusion that christianity in the only true religion. Or it is that because you were told several times since from your childhood.
Lets assume your were to be born in afganistan by now you will either be in tora bora or gitmo under the captivity of US forces. No?

This is the opportuinity for you to correct the OP's perception about your religion and you are trying to derail the thread by shifting the goal post in the middle of the game.

For those that says it was a willing sacrifice how can you explain Jesus crying out loud with intent regret that his god has forseken him
"my my god why have thy forseken me"
is that anything else you people are not telling us??

. . . Again the same person that willingly summit his life went ahead to beg his god not to allow him be crucify on the cross. I find this absurd.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by emtienG(m): 8:51am On Oct 29, 2010
I agree with all the doubts and arguments about the purpose of the coming of "Gods son". I agree its absurb. But according to bible this was a deliberate design by God. It says that God "chooses the foolish things of the world to confound the wise". It was even difficult for the Jews at the time to accept Jesus as God's son and would rather stone, even Jesus, to death than to accept he had any affiliation with their God.

Unfortunately salvation in christianity has been inextricably linked to believing in Jesus as the son of God and him dying to save from sin. Rom 10:9-10. And only those who believe this controversial subject have had the experience that they cant explain but claim to have given them the much needed peace and meaning they needed in life. No matter how much you argue against their believe, you cant convince them because their believe is backed up by experience, What can you tell a man who , lets say , believe he got cured of HIV, blindness, deafness cancer etc. in the name of Jesus? What can you tell a man who claims got free from drugs, masturbation, adultry, armed robbery etc in church? what can you tell a man who had a supernatural experience, came back from the dead, who saw Jesus after being a wizard or a servant of satan for several years, a mad man turned sane and a demon tormented person freed at last?

The poster is correct about his position. However his very position on this matter according to the christians prevents him from sharing the experience that might convince him.

However what i appreciate about Christians is their willingness, freedom and liberty in discussing their believe and the very symbols of the what they believe. You cant mention some religion here or the names of their hero without Nairaland being shut down for good. Infact most of the protagonist of the subect were born and bred christians grin However that liberty should not be abused. Religion is a sensitive matter and we should discuss with one consideration; we do not know everything. Focus itself creates blindness. That you are so focused on your opinion of the subect is evidence of your ignorance of the flip side of the coin.

Be careful what you believe. The war amongst the invisbile forces of good and evil we cannot see is a battle for the human mind. We are just pons in their hands. that again is just my own opinion and believe.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 29, 2010
IchieEzeji said

One had better ignore this fellow called 'ROSSIKE'. He can only be one of the disciples of the Devil and a harbinger of the anti-Christ. If he cares, let him read the stories of many self-acclaimed atheists (like Heine, Freud, Russel, etc) to find out how they ended up miserably, how many of them recanted their atheistic outpourings on their death beds. He should also find out what happened to the likes Jonh Lennon, Marilyn, et al who denounced our Lord Jesus Christ.

First of all I'm not an atheist. Second, I shake my head in pity at what the white man has done to your African brain. Here we have an African with a title like IchieEzeji, who actually thinks that belief in the Supreme Being is synonymous with belief in a Jewish man-god/deity.

You are really an embarrassment to Africa, a continent that knew God thousands of years before the first Jew existed.

You are also an embarrassment to your own Igbo ethnic group, a people who knew God and had a name for Him long before any white man came with a book claiming sole knowledge of the Creator - a claim you've apparently bought line and sinker like some thoughtless, feckless slave.

When will you wake up and live up to your name?
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by bashydemy(m): 9:02am On Oct 29, 2010
@dauchman i feel yout point there i think now someone else are thinking straight
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by bashydemy(m): 9:33am On Oct 29, 2010
@Rossike thump jare
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by shoopsy: 1:41pm On Oct 29, 2010
onstelly,jusRadical,Exponental,Exponental,daylae and

everyone who believed Jesus came to die for your sins.This is

Hilarious.

first and foremost, I want you to quote that same john 3:16 and

see how you christians have used and interpolated an

unbefitting word for God, for God so love the world that he

sent his only BEGOTTEN SON that whosoever, Now that

word Begotten means :

-----generated by procreation (procreation means the

sexual activity of conceiving and bearing offspring

------Make children

-----(esp. of a male parent) to procreate or generate (offspring).

which means if God had begotten a son, shouldn't we even have an idea how God should looks like by now ? at least a son has to take the resemblance of his father? And in turn Mary will eventually be the wife of the God? Some of you end up saying

Jesus is God .i.e God came in form of a man and died for your

sins, this is Absurd,can't you christians read and understand

your bible very well?, Does it mean God has beards like the

jesus we see on rosaries and statues? AND THEY WILL SAY , THIS IS BEYOND HUMAN REASONING.THERE ARE SOMETHINGS YOU WON'T UNDERSTAND.IF THERE ARE SOMETHING YOU WON'T UNDERSTAND THEN IT MEANS GOD ISN'T FAIR AND WE ARE NOT TO BE RECUSED BECAUSE OF SINS COMMITED, IS THAT WHAT YOU ARE TELLING ME?The same Jesus whom you call SAME AS God cried on the cross saying " , why art thou forsaken

me", If he knew he came to die and dying for your sins was his

basic mission, why would he ask God to turn the cup of death

over him, ? and if he is the God that came down, it means God

crucified himself ?, wait wait wait! this is what you christians

insinuate about God himself coming down in form of Jesus , a

man and died on the cross. I say to you Christians, Jesus is

being born miraculously doesn't give you the right to say God

Begets a son , the "only Begotten son" so you speak.God had

tons and tons of his predecessors whom he called His Son e.g

David and many others.Jesus is a prophet just like other

prophets like before him e.g moses, They all came to pass a

message which God has ordained to mankind, what does God need a son for? aren't you his son? OK, JESUS IS DIFFERENT, yes i agree because his birth was miraculous.TRUE

I want a christian or any of you to quote a verse where Jesus

himself said "I'm God" or where he said "worship me",

every miracle he ever did was by God's permission because he

said John 8:28
Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of

man, then shall ye know that I am [he], and [that] I DO NOTHING

of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these

things.

Every miracle he made was by the grace of God indicating he

had a supreme ruler, By the way , how can you be the same

with what you created, ? if you create a robot,even a clone of

yourself, it can never be like you , for God to create

something out of nothing , it has already declared his

supremacy over all things, anything whatsoever, He only needs

to say " Be "and it is. just like he created ADAM, reason with me, Adam's creation was astonishing and miraculous also because he was created from dust, Right? why can't you say he's also a begotten son of God? oh because a woman wasn't in the equation right? you're guys need to have a re-think.

I want a christian to tell me a verse where Jesus himself said he

has come to die, sacrifice himself, lay his life down for the sins

of mankind, ? even when the same bible said
"The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the

iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of

the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him,

and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Meaning whatever sin you commit , even your father

(biological, cannot bear your sin and you shall not be

responsible for whatever sin your father commits.

See you're all being programmed right from childhood when we were all still young, reading my book of bible story, You go to church, your pastors tells you to open a verse and you read and he preaches and you go back home and relax for the next sunday for the same cycle of programming.Always following what your pastor, reverend says , are they not like you ? READ YOUR BIBLE AND TEACH THEM ALSO, ENLIGHTEN THEM, TELL THEM WHAT THEY DO NOT KNOW , ARGUE WITH THEM WHERE NECESSARY BECAUSE YOU SHOULD BE CAREFUL OF BEING MISLEAD COS THEY ARE ALSO HUMANS, A friend of mine told me that when i read the bible , i should read it in spirit but i shouldn't always have to seek for understanding, Imagine, if the book wasn't to be understood, then why were you sent the book and even it has to be translated to your dialect so you won't be in any state of confusion, I urge christians to read the bible and read other books even before and after the bible, seek for knowledge rather than waiting for the holy spirit to make you speak in tongues or inspire you , Is it not because you read in spirit you've failed to see many contradictions in the bible.Too much, i was stunned like gosh this can never be the book of God, Incests of the highest order, if you're interested i have tons of verses about contradictions and various types of logical discussion which could make you reason on the concept of overrating Jesus christ and calling him what he's not and he himself doesn't claim to be. Jesus christ has become a figure of mockery among christians , you can call Jesus any how, attribute anything to him, make all sorts of ridicule about it, Last week i saw a picture of Jesus christ typing a laptop on facebook, i know you must have seen that also, even several videos, here are few contradictions/errors in the bible for you to sleep on,

God is tired and rests

"In six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed." [Ex 31:17]

God is never tired and never rests
"The everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary." [Is 40:28]

Gen 3:8 - "They heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden."

Let's also add the next verse to strengthen the critics case: "But the LORD God called to the man, "Where are you?"
How could one hide from God? Why does God need to ask this question?

REGRETFUL GOD

(Genesis 6:6)
"And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the
earth, and it grieved him at his heart."

SMELLS SWEET FLAVOUR
(Genesis 8:21)
"And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; and the Lord said in
his heart . . ."

Contact me so we can discuss me or add me on the messenger shoopsy4fun@yahoo.com and hey don\t forget to show me the verses i request for.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by nep2ra(m): 2:56pm On Oct 29, 2010
Without the shedding of BLOOD, there can be NO forgiveness of sins. That is why His innocent BLOOD was shed to cleanse us of our sins and reconcile us with God.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by bashydemy(m): 3:17pm On Oct 29, 2010
@shoopsy Kudus to your post Gbadun your sense of humor jare @nep2ra what Blood are you talking about?
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by shoopsy: 3:56pm On Oct 29, 2010
nep2ra, show me a verse that says his blood was needed to clean your sin show me, this is what your christians do. you interpolate words into the bible and try as much as possible to derive a satisfactory meaning for the benefit of your own personal understanding.What sin? the sin you didn't even commit, so he shed his blood even for the non-jews I doubt if you even know the founder of christianity because christianity never existed when Jesus lived, Read books, Read and don't let one pastor buying a jet plane or a pastor who is getting married at the age of seventy to programme you.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by mazaje(m): 4:26pm On Oct 29, 2010
Did the Christian God really kill his son? According to some Christians, Jesus is God and if Jesus is God according to the story, that means God killed himself, no?
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by bashydemy(m): 5:17pm On Oct 29, 2010
When ever i hear them say that i just laugh and ask myself are this people really understand what they are saying or only saying those to make there there people and contribute money cos its only happy peoson that bring money out of his pocket to donate
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by roymary: 5:28pm On Oct 29, 2010
shoopsy:

nep2ra,  show me a verse that says his blood was needed to clean your sin show me, this is what your christians do. you interpolate words into the bible and try as much as possible to derive a satisfactory meaning for the benefit of your own personal understanding.What sin? the sin you didn't even commit,  so he shed his blood even for the non-jews I doubt if you even know the founder of christianity because christianity never existed when Jesus lived, Read books,  Read and don't let one pastor buying a jet plane or a pastor who is getting married at the age of seventy to programme you.

You are in your own world and at this rate, i have no reasons to cajole anyone to understand my religion!!! Christianity has been doing that for way too long!! Its outta love and compassion Christianity and the love of God is extended to mankind. its a matter of choice, don't like how its done in Christianity, then try the next religion,

Its not about Pastors! The fake pastors only program those that are not thoroughly inclined to the word of God and its understanding. If there is any programmer; its surely the Bible and not any satanic pastors.

Free feel to dwell on your own shallow wisdom that does not provide the air you breath or improve your livelihood but don't say crap about Jesus.  

Why refute a blockhead? A wise man knows things of God is beyond Human understanding, only fools wants to dig deeper to negate God.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by bashydemy(m): 7:31pm On Oct 29, 2010
@roymary thanks but we are not daft to believe all there lies and keep our finger cross we have to voice out cos our money is involve have you forgotten?
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Dauchman(m): 8:24pm On Oct 29, 2010
shoopsy:

onstelly,jusRadical,Exponental,Exponental,daylae and

everyone who believed Jesus came to die for your sins.This is

Hilarious.

first and foremost, I want you to quote that same john 3:16 and

see how you christians have used and interpolated an

unbefitting word for God, for God so love the world that he

sent his only BEGOTTEN SON that whosoever, Now that

word Begotten means :

-----generated by procreation (procreation means the

sexual activity of conceiving and bearing offspring

------Make children

-----(esp. of a male parent) to procreate or generate (offspring).

which means if God had begotten a son, shouldn't we even have an idea how God should looks like by now ? at least a son has to take the resemblance of his father? And in turn Mary will eventually be the wife of the God? Some of you end up saying

Jesus is God .i.e God came in form of a man and died for your

sins, this is Absurd,can't you christians read and understand

your bible very well?, Does it mean God has beards like the

jesus we see on rosaries and statues? AND THEY WILL SAY , THIS IS BEYOND HUMAN REASONING.THERE ARE SOMETHINGS YOU WON'T UNDERSTAND.IF THERE ARE SOMETHING YOU WON'T UNDERSTAND THEN IT MEANS GOD ISN'T FAIR AND WE ARE NOT TO BE RECUSED BECAUSE OF SINS COMMITED, IS THAT WHAT YOU ARE TELLING ME?The same Jesus whom you call SAME AS God cried on the cross saying " , why art thou forsaken

me", If he knew he came to die and dying for your sins was his

basic mission, why would he ask God to turn the cup of death

over him, ? and if he is the God that came down, it means God

crucified himself ?, wait wait wait! this is what you christians

insinuate about God himself coming down in form of Jesus , a

man and died on the cross. I say to you Christians, Jesus is

being born miraculously doesn't give you the right to say God

Begets a son , the "only Begotten son" so you speak.God had

tons and tons of his predecessors whom he called His Son e.g

David and many others.Jesus is a prophet just like other

prophets like before him e.g moses, They all came to pass a

message which God has ordained to mankind, what does God need a son for? aren't you his son? OK, JESUS IS DIFFERENT, yes i agree because his birth was miraculous.TRUE

I want a christian or any of you to quote a verse where Jesus

himself said "I'm God" or where he said "worship me",

every miracle he ever did was by God's permission because he

said John 8:28
Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of

man, then shall ye know that I am [he], and [that] I DO NOTHING

of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these

things.

Every miracle he made was by the grace of God indicating he

had a supreme ruler, By the way , how can you be the same

with what you created, ? if you create a robot,even a clone of

yourself, it can never be like you , for God to create

something out of nothing , it has already declared his

supremacy over all things, anything whatsoever, He only needs

to say " Be "and it is. just like he created ADAM, reason with me, Adam's creation was astonishing and miraculous also because he was created from dust, Right? why can't you say he's also a begotten son of God? oh because a woman wasn't in the equation right? you're guys need to have a re-think.

I want a christian to tell me a verse where Jesus himself said he

has come to die, sacrifice himself, lay his life down for the sins

of mankind, ? even when the same bible said
"The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the

iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of

the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him,

and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Meaning whatever sin you commit , even your father

(biological, cannot bear your sin and you shall not be

responsible for whatever sin your father commits.

See you're all being programmed right from childhood when we were all still young, reading my book of bible story, You go to church, your pastors tells you to open a verse and you read and he preaches and you go back home and relax for the next sunday for the same cycle of programming.Always following what your pastor, reverend says , are they not like you ? READ YOUR BIBLE AND TEACH THEM ALSO, ENLIGHTEN THEM, TELL THEM WHAT THEY DO NOT KNOW , ARGUE WITH THEM WHERE NECESSARY BECAUSE YOU SHOULD BE CAREFUL OF BEING MISLEAD COS THEY ARE ALSO HUMANS, A friend of mine told me that when i read the bible , i should read it in spirit but i shouldn't always have to seek for understanding, Imagine, if the book wasn't to be understood, then why were you sent the book and even it has to be translated to your dialect so you won't be in any state of confusion, I urge christians to read the bible and read other books even before and after the bible, seek for knowledge rather than waiting for the holy spirit to make you speak in tongues or inspire you , Is it not because you read in spirit you've failed to see many contradictions in the bible.Too much, i was stunned like gosh this can never be the book of God, Incests of the highest order, if you're interested i have tons of verses about contradictions and various types of logical discussion which could make you reason on the concept of overrating Jesus christ and calling him what he's not and he himself doesn't claim to be. Jesus christ has become a figure of mockery among christians , you can call Jesus any how, attribute anything to him, make all sorts of ridicule about it, Last week i saw a picture of Jesus christ typing a laptop on facebook, i know you must have seen that also, even several videos, here are few contradictions/errors in the bible for you to sleep on,

God is tired and rests

"In six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed." [Ex 31:17]

God is never tired and never rests
"The everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary." [Is 40:28]

Gen 3:8 - "They heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden."

Let's also add the next verse to strengthen the critics case: "But the LORD God called to the man, "Where are you?"
How could one hide from God? Why does God need to ask this question?

REGRETFUL GOD

(Genesis 6:6)
"And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the
earth, and it grieved him at his heart."

SMELLS SWEET FLAVOUR
(Genesis 8:21)
"And the Lord smelled a sweet savour; and the Lord said in
his heart . . ."

Contact me so we can discuss me or add me on the messenger shoopsy4fun@yahoo.com and hey don\t forget to show me the verses i request for.

Are these the only ones you could find grin, maybe you should add me and i would give you more and then teach you also how to speak Hebrew and then you read these same verses from a Hebrew bible and then maybe you will see the bigger picture then,
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Dauchman(m): 8:31pm On Oct 29, 2010
Rhino.3dm:

^^ lets assume Darwins is wrong in his theory does that validate the genuiness of christianity? ? If yes present your facts. We have ten of thousand of religion/gods have you explore all to come to the conclusion that christianity in the only true religion. Or it is that because you were told several times since from your childhood.
Lets assume your were to be born in afganistan by now you will either be in tora bora or gitmo under the captivity of US forces. No?

This is the opportuinity for you to correct the OP's perception about your religion and you are trying to derail the thread by shifting the goal post in the middle of the game.

For those that says it was a willing sacrifice how can you explain Jesus crying out loud with intent regret that his god has forseken him
"my my god why have thy forseken me"
is that anything else you people are not telling us??

. . . Again the same person that willingly summit his life went ahead to beg his god not to allow him be crucify on the cross. I find this absurd.

To be honest with you Rhino, i really didn't understand most of what you wrote but in response to part i understood, go back and read what i wrote. I was not always a christian, it is the search of knowledge and truth that eventually brought me to Christianity. if you have any other religion you would like to discuss about, bring it up and then maybe, just maybe then you will see i have done my home work well.

I do not understand what you mean by derailing, the OP asked a question and i responded with an answer. If you think i have not responded appropriately, please let me know where you have problems with what i have said and i would clarify further.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Rhino3dm: 8:52pm On Oct 29, 2010
^^^ . . . And what do you want know about what rhino believe? Ok to set the record straight
am in a transition, been there done that, the game is sh!t.
FYI i believe in GOD(the one that creates the universe).
But organise religion No thanks.
Happy now? Back to the main issue. . . . .
Present your facts on why will God commit suicide. . . .
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Dauchman(m): 8:59pm On Oct 29, 2010
Rhino.3dm:

^^^ . . . And what do you want know about what rhino believe? Ok to set the record straight
am in a transition, been there done that, the game is droppings.
FYI i believe in GOD(the one that creates the universe).
But organise religion No thanks.
Happy now? Back to the main issue. . . . .
Present your facts on why will God commit suicide. . . .

That's a start. Well for me to present my facts its going to have to be interactive. You can add me on ugbulie@yahoo.com and then we can talk better there.

I have a lot i could share with you.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by Rhino3dm: 9:34pm On Oct 29, 2010
I do appreciate the fact you want us off NL but dont you think the aim of NL will be defeated? Particularly religion section. Meanwhile i have add you on my yahoo contacts. Why not if there is a need to cantact you privately. sure it will be my pleasure but for the benefit of thousand of my type i think you will do a great job by pouring it out LIVE! Here. . . . .waiting anxiously.

Dauchman:

That's a start. Well for me to present my facts its going to have to be interactive. You can add me on ugbulie@yahoo.com and then we can talk better there.

I have a lot i could share with you.
. . .
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by bashydemy(m): 10:19pm On Oct 29, 2010
Why not on here we all need to learn
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by ama1(m): 10:24pm On Oct 29, 2010
Dauchman pls pour.

ROSSIKE nice logical reasoning.
Re: Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? by bashydemy(m): 10:57pm On Oct 29, 2010
@Rossike,Rhino,Dauchman and co pls keep em coming

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Was Man Created Before Satan Rebelled Against God or After? / Francisca Emmanuel: Ritual Is Biblical - Nigerian Pastor Tells Congregation / Mr Chris Oyakhilome And Anita

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.