Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace (23345 Views)

What Do You Like About Your Workplace / My Experience With A Chinese Man Today In My Workplace / Top Ten Office Rules That Will Get You Promoted In Your Workplace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by AngieFan(f): 7:28pm On Oct 29, 2010
Free zone 1 - 6 oyster travelcard in London  valued at £1904 a year + plus a £1000 travel allowance towards travel if you are based outside London where our Head Office is located
All expenses paid international travel to business meetings and project meetings outside the UK.
Share option scheme
Excellent pension scheme
I am only contracted to work 7 hours a day grin but of course I try to put in a hour or so more to show dedication
My main office in London is just a 10 min train ride from my London home.
30 days paid vacation plus 8 bank holidays a year.
discounted Eurostar travel
Loads of staff discount from a variety of high street stores including Apple, boots, currys etc.
Excellent training

Plus many more.

I'm blessed! grin Thanks God!
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by mystikal(m): 7:33pm On Oct 29, 2010
You get to carry most of your work home, Its all about the results at the end of day. Working from the comfort of your home can be magic. I enjoy that flexibility
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by nethacker(m): 7:54pm On Oct 29, 2010
I am always d only 1 in d office and i browse all day grin grin
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by spikedcylinder: 7:56pm On Oct 29, 2010
With the awon boiz I work for, no two days are ever the same! cheesy cheesy grin
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by scantee(m): 7:59pm On Oct 29, 2010
what i like most about mine is[b] (total liberty)[/b] as IT head personnel with many subs staffs around me.
secondary i have over 40% white men in my department which all are under me i enjoy  communicating with them  especially those china guys.
free ride, three weeks on a week off, free medic, trans,feeding allowance.good pay lol
Free lunch with a wide variety of choices everyday.
good pay.
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by owohblow: 8:33pm On Oct 29, 2010
great boss
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by tolutara: 8:45pm On Oct 29, 2010
I am my own boss (joint with Hubby) able to grow our business in 2 years to now owning two locations
Freedom of Creativity, watching dream become realities
Working with my hubby pretty much all day
Able to set my own hour even though we both work long hours
Love my employees
ability to effect change in people lives

Dislike:

Nothing. Love it love it love it.
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by Nobody: 9:23pm On Oct 29, 2010
1. I love the challenge of working in research and development. I can pretty much design my own experiments.
2. Never having to bother about grant money, free company credit card and i can order anything i want to make me work in comfort.
3. My own spacious office and lab + equipment free.
4. The flexibility to come and go as i please so long as the work is done.
5. Great pay and a fantastic opportunity to build a successful career.
6. All expense paid travel and support for scientific conferences.
7. Networking.
8. Collegiate atmosphere even with my own bosses . . . can never happen in naija. I call my bosses by their first names no shaking.

Dislikes:
1. NONE!
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by Gekko(m): 9:29pm On Oct 29, 2010
Work for a**le  inc.  wink

fun environment, sometimes its stressful other times i feel like i should be paying my employers for allowing me to come to work.

Leadership here is beyond awesome and folks are highly creative although the fanfare to the company by some employees can be a little nauseating.
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by IbrahimB: 9:37pm On Oct 29, 2010
davidylan:

1. I love the challenge of working in research and development. I can pretty much design my own experiments.
2. Never having to bother about grant money, free company credit card and i can order anything i want to make me work in comfort.
3. My own spacious office and lab + equipment free.
4. The flexibility to come and go as i please so long as the work is done.
5. Great pay and a fantastic opportunity to build a successful career.
6. All expense paid travel and support for scientific conferences.
7. Networking.
8. Collegiate atmosphere even with my own bosses . . . can never happen in naija. I call my bosses by their first names no shaking.

Dislikes:
1. NONE!

Sounds perfect. cheesy

Hmm, seems everyone has a great job and is doing very well. Why then, does Nairaland "sound" like it's filled with frustrated and bitter individuals? grin

Or maybe the frustration is not from the workplace!
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by naijadiva2(f): 9:40pm On Oct 29, 2010
I love my workplace bcuz it is very chill, no one breathing down your back and annoying you, they're like my family outside of home, we have parties for everything. Noone's harrassing u about being to work on time (but dont make it a habit or don't lie about either) or about anything. Flexible schedule and paid sick leaves, vacations, holidays. awesome benefits. free benefits for public transportation.

dislike: it can get really quiet and boring here but i still love it. And not enough eateries around so yea, every once in a whle you'll hear ppl complaining about the kitchen downstairs lol

nethacker:

I am always d only 1 in d office and i browse all day grin grin

Im jealous o cheesy
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by AMIGO112(m): 10:14pm On Oct 29, 2010
The simple fact that i have a job. I live in 9ja so that counts for something, take home pay regardless.
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by bestestgal: 10:18pm On Oct 29, 2010
What I love

1. Closing time is 5pm sharp. No one makes you stay a minute more
2. Nice team members from different countries and background, yet we co-operate and jist all day like friends do
3. Work is clearly defined, no pressure, no tension, no overload
4. I can take my holidays whenever I want. No need to explain, just fill the form and give your boss and off I go!

What i dislike

1. If only it was a permanent job. Its only a fixed term contract.
2. My team members are mostly British, so I don't have a clue about some of the things they jist about; their food, travelling, holiday trips etc so I feel left out sometimes   undecided. They do carry me along though and I like them all the same smiley
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by ogbongzky(m): 10:25pm On Oct 29, 2010
I work with one of the top 3 telekom companies and I love my job because it enables me to interact with all kinds of people everyday ( the smart, the mumus etc),
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by Osama10(m): 10:44pm On Oct 29, 2010
I only have to work 2 weeks in a month.
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by aminalib(f): 10:54pm On Oct 29, 2010
I like my job alot,

Perks:

I can come in anytime as long as i do my 8 hours,

I can work as many hours overtime pay as i want

I get away with taking 2 hour lunch breaks

I can get up and go to mall or store or home whenever i want

I get to see models all day( some look good smiley

My boss is very cool( he is on my facebook)

Pay is great and benefits
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by dayokanu(m): 11:01pm On Oct 29, 2010
The pay.

Dont have to clock in and clock out, Just come in at a reasonable time.

I get to browse Nairaland and bigsoccer cos its not on their blocked website.

Very Big company Fortune 500

DISLIKE

All guys

Being Only black

Evryone else speaks Hindi or Chinese
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by aminalib(f): 11:04pm On Oct 29, 2010
dayokanu:

The pay.

Dont have to clock in and clock out, Just come in at a reasonable time.

I get to browse Nairaland and bigsoccer cos its not on their blocked website.

Very Big company Fortune 500

DISLIKE

All guys

Being Only black

Evryone else speaks Hindi or Chinese

you know while i was in the states i never once worked around asians or hindus, not until i moved to canada, it seems that its a must,
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by lonelydude: 11:05pm On Oct 29, 2010
I don't have a job yet sad sad sad

So my house is automatically my workplace and I dislike everything about it. The weekdays, especially in the mornings, can be so hellish and I'm really getting sick about the whole thing. I keep reaching the final stages of every interview only to be rejected.

I'm so sorry for deviating.
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by dayokanu(m): 11:06pm On Oct 29, 2010
I thought you were in Dallas.

I am in Las Colinas and every one here is Indian and Chinese.

aminalib:

you know while i was in the states i never once worked around asians or hindus, not until i moved to canada, it seems that its a must,
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by aminalib(f): 11:12pm On Oct 29, 2010
i was in Irving to be exact, i moved three months ago
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by protocol(m): 11:12pm On Oct 29, 2010
i like the fact that all those fine girls in the bank now run after me to open account with them grin

trucking business is what i do therefore i hate my driver calling me as soon as he leaves the port! who knows if the container has fallen off the truck,damaging life and properties!
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by buzugee(m): 11:13pm On Oct 29, 2010
scantee:

what i like most about mine is[b] (total liberty)[/b] as IT head personnel with many subs staffs around me.
secondary i have over 40% white men in my department which all are under me i enjoy  communicating with them  especially those china guys.
free ride, three weeks on a week off, free medic, trans,feeding allowance.good pay lol
Free lunch with a wide variety of choices everyday.
good pay.

so you enjoy been the boss to white men ?  grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by dayokanu(m): 11:17pm On Oct 29, 2010
aminalib:

i was in Irving to be exact, i moved three months ago

I moved to that area too recently. Why did you move away? When I was moving in.

But you would agree that we have a lot of Indians on Las Colinas and Mc Arthur
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by buzugee(m): 11:19pm On Oct 29, 2010
AngieFan liFnk=topic=540276.msg7041462#msg7041462 date=1288376901:

[b]free zone 1 - 6 oyster travelcard in London  valued at £1904 a year [/b]+ plus a £1000 travel allowance towards travel if you are based outside London where our Head Office is located
All expenses paid international travel to business meetings and project meetings outside the UK.
Share option scheme
Excellent pension scheme
I am only contracted to work 7 hours a day grin but of course I try to put in a hour or so more to show dedication
My main office in London is just a 10 min train ride from my London home.
30 days paid vacation plus 8 bank holidays a year.
discounted Eurostar travel
Loads of staff discount from a variety of high street stores including Apple, boots, currys etc.
Excellent training

Plus many more.

I'm blessed! grin Thanks God!
i had that when i was a station assistant for london underground at south kensington station
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by aminalib(f): 11:19pm On Oct 29, 2010
yes there are alot of indians and chinese, i used to live in lascolinas, then moved to prosper then back to irving, where did u move from?
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by protocol(m): 11:22pm On Oct 29, 2010
like the fact that all those fine girls in the bank now run after me to open account with them

trucking business is what i do therefore i hate my driver calling me as soon as he leaves the port! who knows if the container has fallen off the truck,damaging lives and properties!
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by dayokanu(m): 11:32pm On Oct 29, 2010
aminalib:

yes there are alot of indians and chinese, i used to live in lascolinas, then moved to prosper then back to irving, where did u move from?

Lemme say Houston cos I live there and was travelling to New Jersey every Sunday. But my unit was moved from New jersey to Las Colinas this year
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by aminalib(f): 11:33pm On Oct 29, 2010
lol i used to live in NJ for a while too, i am actually going to boston next month to visit my folks and shop in ny/nj
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by dayokanu(m): 11:57pm On Oct 29, 2010
Which part of NJ? Cos I used to work in Warren too and live in New brunswick
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by omar22(m): 12:07am On Oct 30, 2010
my colleagues! they are extremely friendly
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by Freiburger(m): 12:13am On Oct 30, 2010
- My salary that comes on the dot.
- Freedom to browse even Nairaland.
- Opportunity to develope my skills.
- Love & respect from working colleagues.
- And the ladies  tongue tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Plantain Trees Planted At NESTOIL Camp Gate In Bayelsa (Photos) / Salary of Federal Hospital Interns In Nigeria? / How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.