Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace (23344 Views)

What Do You Like About Your Workplace / My Experience With A Chinese Man Today In My Workplace / Top Ten Office Rules That Will Get You Promoted In Your Workplace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by pslm23(f): 6:15pm On Nov 01, 2010
What I like:
1. My boss is understanding
2. My boss is flexible with my hours, I can switch whenever I want to as long as I do 8 hours /day
3. I get to keep all my doctor's appointments and my boss lets me make up whatever extra hours i took.
4. I get an envious health benefit package which includes, dental and vision, 409K and a also a yearly bonus.
5. I get employee discounts from outside vendors on cars, cell phones, electronics etc
6. I have no fear of car being broken into while it's parked in the lot.
7. I have my own direct phone and fax line and a company issued cell phone
8. I have a breath-taking view from my window (i'm the only one with a window  grin
9. I'm allowed to listen to my radio or play my CDs on my puter.
10. I can go to Nairaland forum anytime i feel like it.  grin

The bad:
1. I have some really annoying co-workers  angry
2. I can't bit*ch slap some of the "amebo's" working in my dept that talk about me  angry angry
3. I have to put up with stupid questions about Africa being a "country" andother stupid questions about Africa based on the Tarzan movie.  angry angry angry
4. I need more vacation days. i currently have 3 weeks/year and it isn't enough to travel to Naija and have a blast.  undecided
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by aminalib(f): 6:30pm On Nov 02, 2010
why do your coworkers talk about you grin
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by pslm23(f): 7:45pm On Nov 02, 2010
aminalib:

why do your coworkers talk about you grin

Because I've moved up the ladder in the 3 years I've been with the company and they've remained where they are partly because they do not have the same work ethics that I have. Africans have to struggle twice as much as the white man to make it so when we are given the opportunity to prove ourselves, we put our all in doing a good job and if you have a good boss or work for a non-discriminatory company, u will be rewarded.
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by aminalib(f): 7:51pm On Nov 02, 2010
that is very true, i love being an African cool
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by pslm23(f): 8:02pm On Nov 02, 2010
aminalib:

that is very true, i love being an African cool

Me 2!  grin They can't even get over the fact that i speak flawless English and they keep asking "how come u speak so good" and i keep telling them "because my country is English speaking, the official language is English, we are taught in English and so, we have no choice but to speak English and speak it good when we feel like it.  grin grin
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by aminalib(f): 8:41pm On Nov 02, 2010
lmao i get that all the time, "your english is so good", smh
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by kalahariNG: 6:49am On Nov 03, 2010
There are several things I like about my workplace

- I work with some of the smartest people, who are forward thinking and sharpen my skills
- The company is dedicated to innovation
- We have bosses who trust us enough not to micro-manage us
- My ideas are listened to and I'm given free reign to implement the most feasible ones
- There's mutual respect among the team
- We are bringing new ways of shopping to Nigerians, you can order something on the internet and have it delivered at home in NIGERIA!
- I work in a field that combine some of my likes, the internet and shopping
- I get good perks for working for ka la ha ri.com.ng (Seun has blocked our URL from Nairaland for reasons best known to him), including perks from our sister companies DSTV and DSTV mobile
- I meet some interesting people in Nigeria when talking about my job
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by akossyy: 1:43pm On Nov 03, 2010
nothing in my working place that i like,
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by jaybee3(m): 1:50pm On Nov 03, 2010
The job itself as i get to help make real difference
The flexibility of the job.
Re: What Is The Best Thing U Like About your Workplace by tochigold(f): 11:33am On Sep 07, 2015
my work place is comfy and stress free.. with beautiful people everywhere who have the right attitude and positive energy #ngcareers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Plantain Trees Planted At NESTOIL Camp Gate In Bayelsa (Photos) / Salary of Federal Hospital Interns In Nigeria? / How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.