Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? (3384 Views)

What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? / Some Wrong Prayers Often Prayed In Church. / When Was The Last Time You Prayed For Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by ichommy(m): 3:18pm On Oct 29, 2010
occasionally
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by dtwsola(m): 3:26pm On Oct 29, 2010
Yes, because it's worked tremendously so far. :sarcasm:
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by thweraja10: 3:29pm On Oct 29, 2010
Too many bad belle thats why Nigeria is not prospering
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by manmustwac(m): 4:44pm On Oct 29, 2010
Everybody who believes that starving & prayers is going to make this country progress are all part of the problem. If u substituted your starving & prayers for revolution & action nigeria fi don go far by now.
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by REALTRUTH1: 5:03pm On Oct 29, 2010
The proper question to ask is if God recognise that there is a country called Nigeria? Was it God's idea that the North and Southern Nigeria be amalgamated?
There re very serious countries out there with several problems,,,and they too are sincerely praying to God for help,,,and i think God is busy with those countries,,,trying to solve their problems b4 coming to very unserious bunch of disenfrancised, forced amalgamated dissillussioned people,,,
The truth is that,,,its not prayers that has been keeping Nigeria,,,its simply the interest of the 1% Nigerians controlling the country that has been keeping the country together in a lie and forced marriage .
If anybody loves Nigeria and wants Nigeria to continue(this is my wish),,,,the only prayer to pray is that : God should impress in the hearts of people the need to embrace the concept of Sovereign National Conference,,,,where all parts or regions would sit together to DEFINE OR REDEFINE the basis of NIGERIA's continued existence,,,We must in a very pragmatic way define and redefine how we wish to continue to live as one or,,,the other alternative , peaceful disintegration(which am not in support of,,but if it will give us the peace we all want ,,I don't mind).
Religion is the number one problem of Nigeria,,,and religion has continued to fail Nigeria over time and time and again. The sad truth is that,,,no one can ever find God in religion because all the religion this present day are man made,,,,
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 29, 2010
@OP

If it is the case that we all need to pray before Nigeria can become better, then I doubt that Nigeria's situation will ever change. Millions of Nigerians pray daily for her well being and improvement---like they have been doing for decades now---and yet, we have observed no ostensible changes.

It is folks like you who mislead people by emphasizing the wrong thing; only actions will change Nigeria, not prayers. Think about all the millions of churches and mosques we have in Nigeria, all the fasting and prayer, all the crusades, and all the men and women of God, yet, Nigerians, naively and foolishly still cling to prayers and in times of helplessness will utter hackneyed phrases like "God dey", "My God is a living God", "God's time is the best" and so on.

What exactly do we want God to do? Is it not this same God that foreigners gave to us while buying our families and making them slaves, while plundering our natural resources, and while deeming us less than humans?

And finally, praying to God is a very shady thing if you ask me. Hypothetically, suppose I believe in a god called X. Then if I pray to X to give me something, which I shall call S. Now, there are only 2 possibilities:
[list]
[li]I get S[/li]
[li]I don't get S[/li]
[/list]

If I get S, then I will say that X has answered my prayers; if not, I'll say that X did not answer because it knows what is good for me, and hence refused to answer me. In that case, anything can be God, because even if X was a stone, those two possibilities are all there is, and since a stone can never answer prayers, I''ll always say that the stone knows what's best for me just to defend it, while praising the stone whenever I get stuff done in my life, for example: taking medication to get better but thanking the stone for healing me. Africans have been got, have been bamboozled, have been had, have been run amok, and have been deceived by fruitless prayers. We need to open our eyes and take ACTIONS.
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by anonimi: 5:37pm On Oct 29, 2010
faith without works is dead (James 2:20)
if you pray for naija to be better are you also working to make that come to pass
do not also forget that righteousness exalts a nation (Proverbs 14:34)
so what are you DOING to make nigeria better apart from praying??
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by DAY13(m): 6:45pm On Oct 29, 2010
Faulty nation angry d only statement my grandpa made before he died is dat, 9ja go better, that guy died and my papa keep saying d same thing[i] 9ja go better[/i], na nigga died too, ain't gonna follow dat way man, I rather keep shut lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by udeze(m): 6:54pm On Oct 29, 2010
I pray for Nigeria everyday.

Nigeria has enormous oil wealth, but much of the country’s money has been wasted or stolen by corrupt leaders. This means that the development of the country and the needs of ordinary people have suffered. Over a third of Nigeria live beneath the poverty line. It has been estimated that all the stolen money could actually pay off Nigeria’s national debt.

Let's hope that God will answer Nigeria's prayer through Mr Jonathan
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by parki: 8:38pm On Oct 29, 2010
prayer isnt the problem in nigeria because you guys have more than enuf

when your country is doing so poorly then nothing justifies ur sitting in church for countless hours
hoping God does a miracle or magic to change the circumstances of pple living in it

the more important question you should be asking is have u gotten up ur lazy butts from
watching championships, drinking, and doing irrelevant things and put your selves to good constructive uses.

you guys should encourage hardwork and stop looking for the lazy way out.
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 29, 2010
I'm afraid not!

But thanks 4 d reminder,

I'll start praying 4 9ja,

My beloved country again!

Cuz I know prayer works!
wink
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 29, 2010
I haven't prayed for Nigeria today. As a matter of fact, I don't think I ever have.
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by bros1234(m): 9:59pm On Oct 29, 2010
I pray for 8ja. Just that my prayer point now is that God shld kill ppl like obj, atiku, nzeribe, ibb,iwuanyawu,ohakin,akpabio,etc.

If u hav another point let me know
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by Folala(m): 12:09am On Oct 30, 2010
I have been praying for Nigeria Since i was a teenager, each year i make adjustment to the prayers but i'm afraid prayers are not enough.
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by Folala(m): 12:12am On Oct 30, 2010
bros1234:

I pray for 8ja. Just that my prayer point now is that God shld kill ppl like obj, atiku, nzeribe, ibb,iwuanyawu,ohakin,akpabio,etc.

If u hav another point let me know

D kind prayer that starts and ends with curses, hehe. My grandma used to pray that kind pray.
At the end you wonder if was prayer at all. undecided
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by horror2000(m): 2:43am On Oct 30, 2010
As for me there is no one I did not pray nigeria during my morning devotions.I believe Nigeria will be better.
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by funsogu(m): 5:22am On Oct 30, 2010
what do we have to show for all our years of praying?What we need is "work" and not prayer.Even the scriptures says Faith w/o work is nothing?We need to take our future into our hands by electing good leaders come 2011.No more siddon look approach #nuffsaid
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by seedord247(m): 5:45am On Oct 30, 2010
God bless Nigeria, Great People, Great, Great Nation and Gorilla Leaders
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by Pafuri(m): 7:35am On Oct 30, 2010
Talk! Talk!! TALK!!!
God! God!! GOD!!!
Did you mean "Have you killed for Nigeria Today?". I mean as in killing a member of the various "Houses" and the Senate?, or the governors, comissioners, chairmen of government corporations? One a day? One at a time? All at once? FKUC them all! Kill them all! STAND UP Nigeria! WAKE UP!!!!! The RACE is looking up to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and GOD is about to give up on you.!
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by djcrucifix(m): 8:26am On Oct 30, 2010
no
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by DAY13(m): 10:19am On Oct 30, 2010
OBASANJO,IBB &ATIKU WERE ON A PLANE,OBJ SAID,I CAN TROW N1000 NOTE OUT OF D PLANE?&MAKE SM1 HAPPY.IBB SAID,I CAN THROW 2 N500 NOTES & MAKE 2PPLE HAPPY.ATIKU DEN SAID,I CAN TROW 5 N200 NOTES&MAKE 5PPLE HAPPY.D PILOT OVERHEARD DEM& SAID 2HIMSEF,'IDIOTS'I CAN THROW ALL OF U DOWN FROM D PLANE &MAKE 150MILLION NIGERIANS VERY HAPPY.LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by Mudley313: 10:53am On Oct 30, 2010
DAY11+:

OBASANJO,IBB &ATIKU WERE ON A PLANE,OBJ SAID,I CAN TROW N1000 NOTE OUT OF D PLANE?&MAKE SM1 HAPPY.IBB SAID,I CAN THROW 2 N500 NOTES & MAKE 2PPLE HAPPY.ATIKU DEN SAID,I CAN TROW 5 N200 NOTES&MAKE 5PPLE HAPPY.D PILOT OVERHEARD DEM& SAID 2HIMSEF,'IDIOTS'I CAN THROW ALL OF U DOWN FROM D PLANE &MAKE 150MILLION NIGERIANS VERY HAPPY.LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

^^^lame

back to topic>>>

Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by manmustwac(m): 11:20am On Oct 30, 2010
I said to a theist on another thread sometime ago that religion blinds you from reality but the guy who was blinded by his own belief system obviously couldn't see that and this topic about prayer is perfect proof of what i said. To me a freethinker it is very obvious that starving yourself from 8am to 4pm (which you theists call fasting) or uttering words with a passion (which you call prayers) will never make nigeria progress. What is happenning now in nigeria? More churches spring up everyday so more people fasting, more people praying giving their hard earned doh to their pastors who are part of the problem. Nigeria needs revolution because change will only come by force not through prayers
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by Iyineda(m): 12:04pm On Oct 30, 2010

Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by DAY13(m): 12:13pm On Oct 30, 2010
Se na 2day, ( Na2day ) Wey we dey pray ( we dey pray ), go buy candle n kerosine grin cheesy
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by NAJALYN: 2:47pm On Oct 30, 2010
Yes thweraja10 I have prayed for Nigeria today, & will continue until it improves. I pray for Nigeria when I wake up in the morning, & before I go to bed at night. I thank thweraja10, newdeal, awa17, & others who recognise the need to pray for Nigeria. Like one of the posts rightly said, with or without the prayers of those who are strongly against praying for Nigeria, Nigeria will be victorious in the end. I am disappointed at hackney who said Nigeria is a problem to the earth, & other posts that said Nigeria should disintegrate. So if Nigeria is a problem to the earth & it disintegrates, what happens to us Nigerians? We make our exit to Togo or any other Country of our choice & become refugees. There we are on our own. We are not at liberty to do the things we can do in our own Country. We face all sorts of problems because we are visitors. That is why "there is no place like home." We should learn to be grateful to God so we can receive more blessings. The advanced Countries face problems like earthquake, hurricane, flooding, air disaster, war, losing people in thousands. Do you still say praying for Nigeria is a waste of time? The American is very patriotic. America started from somewhere & its now a great nation, a super power. It will do us a lot of good if we learn to thank God for small mercies, so we can get more & better blessings from Him. Nigeria is our Country. There is no other place we can call our own. Let us pray fervently, like thweraja10 has advised. You will be amazed at what God will do for us. I have seen a lot of progress already. God is giving us leaders who will take this Nation to greater heights. Nigerians no longer fear any intimidation, & so we are finally speaking up & telling our leaders what we want. Please let us continue to pray for Nigeria. We will never regret doing so, in Jesus' Name, Amen
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by DAY13(m): 5:19pm On Oct 30, 2010
Story! sad
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by Ecash1: 7:05pm On Oct 30, 2010
Prayer changes things,I have prayed for Nigeria today and will still pray tomorrow.
Nigeria will be better one day.
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by MaiSuya(m): 7:35pm On Oct 30, 2010
^^^AMEN!!

@topic,

I try, but its not always easy. . .
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by mabell: 7:27am On Oct 31, 2010
Dear father, thank you for giving me the dynamic ability to changes. I pray today for our nation, that you take charge of our affairs and cause your peace to reign in our land. We pray against violence, corruption and other vices that cripple development, and declare progress for our nation, in Jesus Name. Amen
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by room702(m): 4:33pm On Oct 31, 2010
nigeria needs more than prayers, nigerians need action towards the right direction,

either way, GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Have You Prayed For Nigeria Today? by DAY13(m): 5:48pm On Oct 31, 2010
We go pray sotey< fuel go turn water grin ( story )

All we need to do is to kill'em d enemies of dis nations, Any1 wey chop our money kill'em, Just kill bas tards.angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Monotheism and why The Doctrine Of The Trinity Is Dangerous / Who Do You Think Was The Most Powerful Man Of God In Those Biblical Era? / How To Attract Divine Presence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.