Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,309 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

C-section Versus Natural Childbirth - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / C-section Versus Natural Childbirth (10544 Views)

Women, Childbirth And Laziness / Your Experience During Childbirth In Nigeria / Your Husband in The Labor Room During Childbirth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by johndoe200: 5:13am On Nov 01, 2010
Speaking as a man who has had the opportunity to "operate" in various kitty / kitties before and after as it were. I can confidently state that all women should go for c-sections for the sake of the men in their lives. The kitty never recovers from natural child birth, men are supposed to make up for the now expanded kitty with "love", but it doesn't help. angry

This is not what I heard, this is something I felt for myself several times.
Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by ada241: 8:42am On Nov 01, 2010
Busy_body:

Contraction pain is like a bad period pain that makes one feel delirious like you are on another planet.

Re women screaming, they don't have to but do it out of fear of the unknown, hence reason Midwives always get pissed off with screamers and tell them to shush it and breath deeply instead. High levels of oxytocin, adrenaline and nonadrenaline and endorphins when you breath deeply are increased and this helps with fear and tension. And high level of prolactin heps forget the pain, hence the reason one should always listen to the Midwives. Whilst swimming, if you take a deep breath, your body will naturally float to the surface and with childbirth, same things happens, the more you breath deeply, the easier it is for the baby to ease itself gently down the birth canal.

Again aside from when a woman has to be cut open, tears mainly occur when the words of the midwife is not being heeded. When they say stop pushing, listen, and listen real good, otherwise you will tear yourself badly. And if is is a 4th degree tear, you might have to soak a towel and sit on it anytime you want to do a wee and this can last till 6 months shocked

now i'm scared. shocked sad cry cry
Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by Tolulop001(f): 9:04am On Nov 01, 2010
Busy_body:

Contraction pain is like a bad period pain that makes one feel delirious like you are on another planet.

Re women screaming, they don't have to but do it out of fear of the unknown, hence reason Midwives always get pissed off with screamers and tell them to shush it and breath deeply instead. High levels of oxytocin, adrenaline and nonadrenaline and endorphins when you breath deeply are increased and this helps with fear and tension. And high level of prolactin heps forget the pain, hence the reason one should always listen to the Midwives. Whilst swimming, if you take a deep breath, your body will naturally float to the surface and with childbirth, same things happens, the more you breath deeply, the easier it is for the baby to ease itself gently down the birth canal.

Again aside from when a woman has to be cut open, tears mainly occur when the words of the midwife is not being heeded. When they say stop pushing, listen, and listen real good, otherwise you will tear yourself badly. And if is is a 4th degree tear, you might have to soak a towel and sit on it anytime you want to do a wee and this can last till 6 months shocked

all this is not encouraging mehn! but right now i think im still more inclined to the natural birth

johndoe200:

Speaking as a man who has had the opportunity to "operate" in various kitty / kitties before and after as it were. I can confidently state that all women should go for c-sections for the sake of the men in their lives. The kitty never recovers from natural child birth, men are supposed to make up for the now expanded kitty with "love", but it doesn't help. angry

This is not what I heard, this is something I felt for myself several times.

thank you for the information lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
so elective caesarean is the only way to go in your opinion?
Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by Damysa(f): 10:47am On Nov 01, 2010
For me, it's natural birth all the way. I had my first baby through NB and within 30Mins everything was over.
They had to cut me a little but within a week the wound was totally healed.

Ladies nowadays brag about opting for CS even those that are yet not married. CS have become fashionable and trendy as though it's some designer clothes and shoes. some friends said all they have to do is just pick a date with the doctor and have their baby. well I dont subscribe to such school of thought.

For me, I pray to always deliver like the Hebrew women in Jesus name. Amen

1 Like

Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by madamL(f): 11:52am On Nov 01, 2010
We're still at this abi? I have been reading and thank God for honesty on our parts. As for listening to the midwives, that is absolutely important but hard to handle. You're in another world as it is and the voices of the doctors and midwives seem to be coming from another planet. That tear heals within a week if you follow instructions. It was so for me but my friend gave in to wrong advice and had to be returned to hospital over that. I have forgotten what the instructions were but need to know once more as my first girl is now in her final year and very soon the first set of wine-bearing young men will start arriving, how time flies!!!!!

Ada, stop being scared; nature and the grace of God ensures all turns out well most of the time. Just keep healthy and have an open mind and it will turn out well. As for the men bothering over widened passages, just get madam to do some kegel exercise and yes why must you put a noose around someone's neck just because you want it tight for life?

Pls sisters help educate me on this: why is it that the tummy of women that gave birth by CS hangs loose and refuse to tighten up like can happen with little exercise after NB? It is that way for the ones I know, is it any different for others?

How early can one start exercising after CS? Breastfeeding nko? How soon can that start after CS?

Doctors and nurses help on this: is there serious risk in epidural? I once read a full page story of a woman who took this option and something went wrong and she is a vegetable; lying still, totally paralysed, feeding through tubes for over a decade and this happened in an advanced country. Not to scare sisters but this painless option could go very wrong.
Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by mecuryf(f): 12:23pm On Nov 01, 2010
my sister had a c-section to have her twins abt three weeks ago,
first of all she was discharged after 6 days and she had been breast feeding from abt the fourth day,she was able to sit up on the first day of the operation ,the scar is is gone though she cannot do exercises now but by six weeks she can do watever she like
granted people go to the hospital to ask for c-sections because they dont want to go through labour but when you take statistics you will find out that majority of those who gave birth through c-sections including my sister did so because there wasn't any other way out
Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by Acidosis(m): 1:18pm On Nov 01, 2010
Let us not ɗecieve ourselves, the natural form of deliverƴ is ɓetter, safer & cheaper than the ceasarean methoɗ.
If I ɓegin ɓƴ listing the risƙ associateɗ with the proceɗure, ƴ'all will ɓe scareɗ.
Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by thaira(f): 2:23pm On Nov 01, 2010
I do not think I want to trust an over-worked human to correctly thrust a needle in my back and I do not think I should have read this thread till I deliver, its too pain-filled!
I'm out of here undecided
Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by Damysa(f): 2:53pm On Nov 01, 2010
madam L:

We're still at this abi? I have been reading and thank God for honesty on our parts. As for listening to the midwives, that is absolutely important but hard to handle. You're in another world as it is and the voices of the doctors and midwives seem to be coming from another planet. That tear heals within a week if you follow instructions. It was so for me but my friend gave in to wrong advice and had to be returned to hospital over that. I have forgotten what the instructions were but need to know once more as my first girl is now in her final year and very soon the first set of wine-bearing young men will start arriving, how time flies!!!!!

Ada, stop being scared; nature and the grace of God ensures all turns out well most of the time. Just keep healthy and have an open mind and it will turn out well. As for the men bothering over widened passages, just get madam to do some kegel exercise and yes why must you put a noose around someone's neck just because you want it tight for life?

Pls sisters help educate me on this: why is it that the tummy of women that gave birth by CS hangs loose and refuse to tighten up like can happen with little exercise after NB? It is that way for the ones I know, is it any different for others?

How early can one start exercising after CS? Breastfeeding nko? How soon can that start after CS?

Doctors and nurses help on this: is there serious risk in epidural? I once read a full page story of a woman who took this option and something went wrong and she is a vegetable; lying still, totally paralysed, feeding through tubes for over a decade and this happened in an advanced country. Not to scare sisters but this painless option could go very wrong.

I had a tear during delivery and it was healed within one week. The instructions given to me was to sit on hard surfaces, close legs tightly when sitting, sit on warm salty/disinfected water every morning b4 or after bath. I did that for like 5 days, b4 one week I was good.

It's been noticed that the tummy of women who went through CS hangs loose and big. infact there is a lady who went through planned CS to have her twins, the kids will be 3yrs soon but till date she still looks pregnant. she has gone through routine exercises and planned diet yet no way. she told me that all ladies that delivered through CS have loose tummies and all the ones I have seen are so.

My friends who plan to have CS when they starts giving birth argues that CS of these days are better done, that they will discuss with the doctor to drain all the fats and oil in their body during the process. I dont know how possible and true this is. I had my baby through NB, my mom did a lot of tummy pressing on me and I was back to shape almost immediately. I bet u will never know I have given birth cos my tummy is all firm and small.
Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by ademiller(f): 3:08pm On Nov 01, 2010
okay ladies , im in need of ur help. im a soon to be mama, my first baby actually, and im expecting dis month.

i need advice on how to make birthing easier, that is for baby to come out swiftly without under going any form of tear. wat sort of exercises do i need now or food i gat to eat?

im anxious and nervous at the same time cos this is my first time and i want it to be perfect. embarassed
Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by ronell: 3:12pm On Nov 01, 2010
i had my first baby via c.s(though elective) and it is not as bad as people make it sound.would i go for c.s again?. i would say YES.
Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by TeskyMan(m): 4:05pm On Nov 01, 2010
Am happy to comment on this topic as a man.

Yea, my wife and I had our first baby through Natural Birth. Ohh did you screamed when I said my wife and I? Cos, I was mandated to witness the delivery 100%. Humm!!! It was darm crazy. I couldn't eat thru out the day. My wife gave birth at exactly 7.50 am and all through that day I was imagining the way the baby came out, blood gushing out and stuffs. I was really down. The truth is that, anytime i get pissed off with my wife and we start quarrelling; once i remember that day my temperament will be back to normal. There was a day, I almost slapped her but the single experience will always make me to LOVE her the more and more. I couldn't look at her face after she delivered our first baby but what i noticed was that my wife was almost mad during delivery and immediately after the delivery, I saw an atmosphere of calmness around her. The next day she was discharged and the 5th day my wife had started making moves on me but i couldn't imagine myself doing that thing with what i experienced in the hospital. She had already forgotten she gave birth. I tell you God is Miraculous. This particular experience changed my perception about women.

Let me quickly share this, my wife is very skinney and we've had cause to be told that she can't give birth naturally. We are true Christian family who believed so much in God, I think that helped us. On the day of delivery, she was nervous which was written all over her face and God only used me as a succor to her. I kept encouraging her and to be sincere I didnt know where the strength came from and that was it. She delivered savely. My wiffy v*g*n has always been extremely tight and she taught that would make the delivery complicated. I am being sincere here, no CUT at all. The baby came alive NATURALLY.  I didnt know how God did it but there was this lady nurse who I chatted with 3 hours after my wife had given birth, who told me that "Mr, that was a miracle cos her v*g*n is too tight, but lets thank God".

This is my testimony and the good thing is that on the 8th day, you'll hadly know my wife just gave birth except for the big B*oo*bs. I need to quickly say this also, on the 16th day after my wife gave birth we had *S*E*X. It wasn't that interesting to me because of the experience in the labour room but my wife wanted it so that i could ease myself of sexual starvenation. She felt a little pain and i tell you that exactly 26 days after she gave birth, we have been having fun without pain all the way. Please don't be deceived, now my son is 3 yrs 6 months and the v*g*n is still very much intact. This is a gospel truth. I imagine at times that, Is this not the woman that gave birth to my son? This is because stuff(V*g*n) is even more firmer than what it was when we were dating. Very soon, we are expecting another baby and by Gods grace she will deliver through Natural Birth.

This is my testimony. Anyday, anytime, I will advice ladies to go for Natural Birth if you don't have medical issues surrounding the delivery because 80% of women who does C-section delivery have their tommies swollen up months after birth.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by madamL(f): 4:56pm On Nov 01, 2010
TeskyMan, thanks for that frank contribution. It is impatience that leads to many of the cuttings; in some instances they routinely give a cut without waiting to know if it is needed.

You are a good man, a brave one. My hubby swore he will die on all of us if he is forced to watch and somehow he managed to smuggle himself out through all three shows. He came in a few minutes after the first one when they were stitching the cut and swayed and looked very scared. I wish I had forced him to witness one of the births and get nurses to stand near and give him first aid while he looks on. DEEP REGRET HERE. He is a very nice fellow though and does not need to see anything to be loving.

As for the sister who is due this month, God's grace and do befriend the nurses and doctors ahead of time and see if they are willing to discuss options and prferences. Like we all know it is IMPATIENCE that leads to many cuts, see if they respect opinions on this issue. Just eat well and keep fit and nothing go do you!

1 Like

Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by TeskyMan(m): 5:13pm On Nov 01, 2010
@ Madam L,

Thank you so much, but hummm!!! It's a day I can never ever forget in my life. In my opinion, I think Madam L said it all IMPATIENT.

To those expecting babies very soon, all i can say is be very courageous, make up your mind on what to do. Just as Madam L has advised, seek medical consultation as the time draw near. In all, be prayerful and commit yourself to God.

Cheers.
Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by ada241: 5:35pm On Nov 01, 2010
anyway just come back from hospital and i am having a c-section at 38 weeks - so please for those saying that those that have c-section are looking for the easiest route it is not so, baby is breech and will probably stay that way due to the massive fibroid blocking the birth passage so as much as i would love to push my little princess out i cannot and am quite upset about this.

apart from high blood pressure i have had a difficult pregnancy but still thank God that I have reached this far along after being told I had a 50% chance of losing the pregnancy and being diagnoised with sub - fertility end of last year. For me whatever is the safest method of getting this baby is what i will go with and if the experts are telling me a baby cannot come out of a woman in the breech position I will not question them.

anyway good day to u all and its nice and interesting to read people's stories and thoughts on this topic. I am trying hard not to worry as I know this stubborn baby wants to be born and God is in control
Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by tolutara: 5:46pm On Nov 01, 2010
@ Samobi

Lol at your comment. Obviously we weren't successful right wink

@ Ada

Look unto him the author and finisher of your faith. You will be fine. smiley
Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by MrsSiena1(f): 6:06pm On Nov 01, 2010
Ada here is wishing you a very safe delivery. By God's special grace everything will be fine with you and your baby. My Princess is waiting for her friend wink
Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by omomakun: 6:29pm On Nov 01, 2010
Hello peoples! Its so funny i was having this same discussion with a friend that's an RN and she basically told me that the reason most doctors push for C sections is because they get more money from doing that procedure and you stay a bit longer in the hospital, which means even more money, its crazy. I would opt for Natural, God help me sha.

Have you guys heard of LIPO-C? Basically a lot of celebrities get this procedure done, its a C-section and Liposuction procedure. They take the baby out when its due and then do the Lipo right afterwards. I always wondered why their stomachs were so flat after birth, msccccccheeewwwww. Hollywood is terrible!
Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by ada241: 6:41pm On Nov 01, 2010
omomakun:

Hello peoples! Its so funny i was having this same discussion with a friend that's an RN and she basically told me that the reason most doctors push for C sections is because they get more money from doing that procedure and you stay a bit longer in the hospital, which means even more money, its crazy. I would opt for Natural, God help me sha.

Have you guys heard of LIPO-C? Basically a lot of celebrities get this procedure done, its a C-section and Liposuction procedure. They take the baby out when its due and then do the Lipo right afterwards. I always wondered why their stomachs were so flat after birth, msccccccheeewwwww. Hollywood is terrible!

don't mind them - we women know this but some men think this is how normal women do their own as well KMT!!

i think a system where people pay for their healthcare directly like in the states and nigeria they push for C-section but i know its more expensive here in the UK so i think most c-sections on the NHS are emergency and probably only planned due to various complications identified b4 the due date
Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by TeskyMan(m): 6:59pm On Nov 01, 2010
@ Ada, I feel you dear. Just keep trusting in God, he will sure make a way, this I know for sure. Do not despise your Doctor's advice. As you have rightly said, let the baby come alive either by croak or crude. God will see you thru. The needed strenght and grace will be made available to you in Jesus Name(Amen).

Be courageous and prayerful also. Its just a normal thing please don't be worried at all.

God Bless you and your baby girl.
Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by Thelmabee: 8:10pm On Nov 01, 2010
<3
Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by luap: 10:06pm On Nov 01, 2010
Everyone is doing the C-section. Makes it easier for the doctors to run people through the hospital. They have other things on their mind, like golfing with their friends.

welcome to modern medicine a capitalistic approach to healing.
Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by Ivynwa(f): 10:19pm On Nov 01, 2010
ada24_1:

anyway just come back from hospital and i am having a c-section at 38 weeks - so please for those saying that those that have c-section are looking for the easiest route it is not so, baby is breech and will probably stay that way due to the massive fibroid blocking the birth passage so as much as i would love to push my little princess out i cannot and am quite upset about this.
People let's not talk much about the pain -o-o-o because of people in Ada's condition even I myself that is not pregnant, I am almost contracting from reading about the pains. Miss Ada we wish you a safe delivery, God that started the good work will be faithful to complete it.

@Teskyman
Your testimony is very touching and you narrated it with such respect for womanhood, it's nice to see a man that appreciates this great part women play in enabling a human come into being.Thanks to God that your wife delivered safely and may she keep delivering like the hebrew women and may that same anointing that was with her enable us all upcoming ones to deliver safely-o-o naturally(or if for some reasons beyond our control the doctor decides for C-section or whichever one any of us prefers) and above all may delivering/having children no scatter our blissful place -o-o, may all the babies come and pass and leave it as tight as that of Teskywoman for us and our husbands o-o-o grin grin grin grin    Amen-o-o-o
Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 01, 2010
Natural birth all the way, the only drama is the pushing part. With the risk of MRSA and what not I won't be opting for CS. My first was natural but had help with forceps, never felt so much pain in my lift (post delivery). My second was natural all the way, i was discharged the following day and I even cooked my favourite myself when I got home.
Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by surgeon(m): 10:31pm On Nov 01, 2010
Interesting topic.

I have a patient on the ward right now who's billed for an Elective Caesarean Section tomorrow - the indication: she's had 3 previous Caesarean Sections.

So, this shall be the fourth. And it shall be the last, also, because she has consented (I'm not sure her husband was in agreement) to have both her tubes tied during the procedure. Technically, therefore, the tomorrow's procedure is an Elective Caesarean Section with Bilateral Tubal Ligation.

Wish us good-luck and God's speed, folks.
Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by Ivynwa(f): 10:45pm On Nov 01, 2010
Mr. Surgeon,
   Is that tube tying method of contraception reversible?
Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by akossyy: 11:44am On Nov 02, 2010
our foremothers had naturalbirth and they liveth longer, i dont ever pray to go throught any artifical thing becos i was naturally made above,
Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by mengi: 12:06pm On Nov 02, 2010
I was given the option of choosing what I wanted with the second and I choose a natural birth although they prepped me for an c/s just in case but Glory be to God, I had the baby naturally.

@chiarcover
How far apart was your first child from the second? kept hearing ;once a cessarian ,always a cessarian except after many years apart.
Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 02, 2010
omomakun:

[b]Hello peoples! Its so funny i was having this same discussion with a friend that's an RN and she basically told me that the reason most doctors push for C sections is because they get more money from doing that procedure and you stay a bit longer in the hospital, which means even more money, its crazy. I would opt for Natural, God help me sha.[/b]Have you guys heard of LIPO-C? Basically a lot of celebrities get this procedure done, its a C-section and Liposuction procedure. They take the baby out when its due and then do the Lipo right afterwards. I always wondered why their stomachs were so flat after birth, msccccccheeewwwww. Hollywood is terrible!
CHIE!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 02, 2010
^^ Very true. Especially if the client is not a permanent residence(PR) or citizen. Atleast here in aussie if you have either one of the two , "Medicare" will help you out. But if you are not PR or citizen then you pay heaps.

A zimbabwean lady on a "457" visa almost ran mad when she saw her bill, there really was no reason for C section, she was kinda advised to go for it, which she did without knowing how much she was going to get charged
Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by seyibrown(f): 2:43pm On Nov 02, 2010
[b]I had an emergency C-Sec. It wasn't planned at all as I was very fine throughout the pregnancy - actually worked till the day I went into Labour - no complications throughout. I had the luxury of lying in the bath during last 3 hours of labour grin and was being nudged to stay awake - the water was very soothing and calming. Plenty of 'Entonox' (gas) eased a lot of the pain. After 48 hours in hospital (not labouring all that time), I wasn't dilated enough and baby was getting weak. All I remember after that was being told there was going to be a CS, given papers to sign and being wheeled away. Funny thing was I woke up later a bit dizzy, and nurse comes in to say congratulations. I asked the nurse what baby? wondering what she was talking about - cos my tummy was still big - only to find out he had been in a cot beside my bed asleep. Don't remember anything about the operation itself. I give God all the glory! I had to go watch a C-Sec procedure to see what exactly I went through and it was very scary having someone cut into so many layers of you to get a baby out. Thank God for his grace.

Went back to work after 4 weeks. It's taken some 4 years to get my tummy back to it's pregnancy look - would have happened earlier if I had set my mind to get it back. My scar is about 5 inches and below the bikini line.

I know that not all NBs require an episiotomy (although that little cut is a lot safer than the CS cut) but I will ask for epidural or plenty of gas IF I will be having any more babies (at all) by NB.[/b]
Re: C-section Versus Natural Childbirth by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 02, 2010

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

After 21 Years,his Wife Made Him Take Out Another Woman. / "Who Should Relocate After Marriage If The Wife Earns More " - See Reply / When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.