Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency (26369 Views)

Sanwo-Olu: Lagosians Will Miss My Government If Denied Second Term (Video) / Junaid Mohammed: Igbos Can Go To Hell If Denied 2023 Presidency, Nobody Will Beg / Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by hisexcellency34: 7:20pm On Sep 22, 2019
FORMER Governor of Anambra State, Dr Chukwuemeka Ezeife, weekend, said that the elderly people in South East may embrace the Nnamdi Kanu-led Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB if the other parts of Nigeria conspire and deny the zone Presidency in 2023.

The elder statesman also said that the agitation and crusade being carried out by Mazi Kanu and his group where they are demanding for a referendum was forced on Ndigbo by the country. Speaking exclusively to Vanguard in Abuja, the former governor said that even if entire Nigeria rejects Ndigbo, the people would not reject themselves.

Commending the non-violent approach by the IPOB leader and his group, Dr Ezeife said some of the elite in the South East had distanced themselves from the Mazi Kanu’s approach because they believed that there should be more mature ways of addressing the marginalization in the zone. He accused the Nigerian government of making deliberate efforts towards pushing the Igbos out of the country by denying them occupying sensitive positions including leading any of the security agencies.

Asked whether agitation by the IPOB was genuine, he said, “Yes, you can’t beat a person and say don’t cry. What Nnamdi Kanu and co are doing is crying because they are beaten and they are doing it in a way that is non-violent. “Therefore, Nigerians should appreciate their method. I am happy the rest of the world, Europe, European Union, they met with Nnamdi Kanu and they saw point with what he was saying.

“The (United Nations) UN also met with Nnamdi Kanu in Switzerland, I don’t know whether they have changed their mind they invited him to the United Nations General Assembly, but now having met with him in Switzerland, they may not meet him again in New York. “So, I think Nnamdi Kanu is doing what is forced on us (Ndigbo) because some of us believe that we should find out more mature ways of going about it. “But the ideal is very lawful, they are crying for a referendum, that is a democracy.

I think if Igbo people are denied the Presidency in 2023, then, no matter how unpopular IPOB may be among the older people everybody may rush it.”

On the 2023 Presidency and the agitation by the South West and the North to go for the plum position, he said,” If you want to deny them (Ndigbo) 2023 Presidency, then deny them citizenship of Nigeria. “I am feeling that it is because of rejection that other Nigerians reject Igbo Presidency that (Mallam Nasir) el-Rufai wants to be President, that (Asiwaju Bola) Tinubu wants to be President and it will favour them. If that happens, the real meaning is that the Igbos should cease being citizens of Nigeria.

“That there is no point belonging where you are rejected. One rejected does not reject himself. Among those who reject you, you don’t want to force yourself to belong.

“So, there is this talk about Biafra. IPOB is promoting Biafra because of various problems and punishments against Ndigbo. Because of many problems cause the Igbos in Nigeria, they are trying to leave. But the Federal Government of Nigeria has been very busy pushing the Igbos out of Nigeria.

“We are traders, we import like containers etc, but when our people import things, the things are seized and auctioned. Ibeto was one of the strongest people in cement, after some time, he was crippled. Instead of going up, he was going back to give advantage to Non-Igbo. “Look at this man who is building cars, (Innocent Chukwuma) Innoson… he was taken like a tout in the paint from his house to Abuja. Emzor Pharmaceutical was closed down for days because they say that boys and girls or youths were inhaling something that was produced and had been in the market for decades, some people discovered that they can inhale it.

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/09/why-ndigbo-may-embrace-ipob-in-2023-ezeife/

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by StillX10(m): 7:23pm On Sep 22, 2019
In my opinion this is hypocrisy. Why shouldn't it be now?

17 Likes

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by funmijoyb(f): 7:23pm On Sep 22, 2019
You people want to hold us ransom abi. We can't vote for igbo under duress. They should contest against other tribe to emerge

79 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by myfan: 7:32pm On Sep 22, 2019
Ok

I'm still available for your social media marketing.

What products and services have you got that needs social media marketing? Let me do just that for you. The result will be there for all to see.

Contact me on:

Zero eight one, seven seven zero three 9 six 9 zero.
Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by wakaman: 7:32pm On Sep 22, 2019
Mscheeeew

2 Likes

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by TRYGO(m): 7:33pm On Sep 22, 2019
This man is just a hypocrite. The marginalization has being for ages.
KI don't think Atiku would even allowed Tinubu to be there. Only time would tell. As regards marginalization and na treatments to the Igbo's, that's visibly seen daily.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 22, 2019
Noted.
Still far
Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by kettykin: 7:45pm On Sep 22, 2019
so NK was right all this while , how come it is taking igbo elders 7 years to see what NK saw in 2015

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by Racoon(m): 8:01pm On Sep 22, 2019
shocked Be seeking for presidency in a Nigeria that is unjustly skewed towards the hausa-fulani hegemony.

42 Likes

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by omenka(m): 8:04pm On Sep 22, 2019
So it has come to this! Coersion. Dont Nigerians reserve the right to choose their leaders anymore? Why do you have to blackmail them into electing one of your own as president?

This is pathetic coming from someone like Ezeife.

I would like to ask this question.

Amongst all zones in this country there is no single zone that has toiled as hard for PDP as the South East and the South South. Politics is about sweat and reward.

Wike for instance pulled all the stops he could to ensure the party's survival after 2015. He imagined he deserves anything he asks of the party, and that is why we see him creating so much chaos in the party today after being denied those rewards he demanded.

When Ikemba, the single most respected son of Ndigbo throughout history, stood for the presidency, they demonstrated not even he could sway them from sticking with PDP as they still voted enmass for PDP!! What greater demonstration of loyalty could there be in politics?

The South South has been given the ticket which indeed they deserved.

WHAT EXACTLY IS STOPPING THE POLITICIANS IN SOUTH EAST FROM PUSHING FOR PDP TO GIVE THEM THE TICKET COME 2023 AS THE DESERVE IT MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE?

This is one thing I still crack my head to understand but fail to at every attempt. What exactly is stopping someone like Ezeife from demanding the ticket from PDP after all the HARD WORK the zone has put into the survival and growth of the party? From '99 to this day, they've busted their hump and showed exemplary loyalty to the party. Why cant the ticket be given them?

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by Jombom: 8:05pm On Sep 22, 2019
Ko Kan aye !
If all Igbo like let them support Boko Haram come 2023.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by Homeboiy: 8:10pm On Sep 22, 2019
Why not now sir?

4 Likes

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by omenka(m): 8:18pm On Sep 22, 2019
Racoon:
shocked Be seeking for presidency in a Nigeria that is unjustly skewed towards the hausa-fulani hegemony.
What is stopping you PDP supporters from prevailing on the party to reward your loyalty Mr Racoon? What are you afraid of?

You people allege the country hasnt been fair to you. How about pdp showed the way by rewarding your years of hard work for it? Why cant you demand it from them?

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by horsepower101: 8:20pm On Sep 22, 2019
Someone should warn all Igbos politicians to Stop using IPOB as a bargaining chip.

It will backfire on them. It’s either they support IPOB or not. Don’t jump on board when things are not going your way politically.

Edit:

A lot of these Igbo Elites and politicians HATE Nnamdi Kanu because they know if he succeeds, they have no place in Biafra.

But for them to start using his struggle as a bargaining chip for their personal gain after condemning him and lending no support is the most hypocritical thing ever.

Nigerian government should send python dance for these opportunistic politicians that want to capitalize on a legitimate struggle for freedom of millions. I don’t care for these hypocrites.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by EeyanMayweather(m): 8:21pm On Sep 22, 2019
.I
Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by magoo10(m): 8:21pm On Sep 22, 2019
This kind of statement is unbecoming of an igbo elite even though ezeife is well respected it only makes it look like we are politically hopeless.

Nobody will give you the presidency on a platter of gold except you work tirelessly for it or get the national assembly to make the office a rotational one amongst all geographical zone.

The igbo politicians should challenge the pdp to zone their 2023 presidential ticket to the southeast having supported them a lot in the past and test their political will at the poll.

If you believe in ipob for the actualization of biafra fine go for it but do not tie it to 2023 presidency because it won't work.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by unbitchable(m): 8:34pm On Sep 22, 2019
kettykin:
so NK was right all this while , how come it is taking igbo elders 7 years to see what NK saw in 2015
Does it mean that certain igbo leaders have been sponsoring Nnamdi Kanu to destabilize the country but are seeking 2023 Presidency as a final push should igbos lose out on the Presidency. They are trying to use ipob as a bargain but unfortunately, igbos are not primed for 2023.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by meccuno: 8:56pm On Sep 22, 2019
Am sorry to say this but this man is just a fooll. Why is he playing politics with the lives of Igbo people in Nigeria? Does he think that it would change anything if an Igbo man becomes president? Abeg go and sleep.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by meccuno: 8:58pm On Sep 22, 2019
magoo10:
This kind of statement is unbecoming of an igbo elite even though ezeife is well respected it only makes it look like we are politically hopeless.

Nobody will give you the presidency on a platter of gold except you work tirelessly for it or get the national assembly to make the office a rotational one amongst all geographical zone.

The igbo politicians should challenge the pdp to zone their 2023 presidential ticket to the southeast zone having supported them a lot in the past and test their political will at the poll.

If you believe in ipob for the actualization of biafra fine but do not tie it to 2023 presidency because it won't work.
The Igbos don't need the presidency. They need equity and justice which Nigeria cannot give to them.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by MetaPhysical: 9:00pm On Sep 22, 2019
Shhyyte!! Ezeife is wasting his time waiting for 2023. Ipob support should start now. There is no space in Presidency for you in 2023.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by magoo10(m): 9:07pm On Sep 22, 2019
meccuno:
The Igbos don't need the presidency. They need equity and justice which Nigeria cannot give to them.
but that is not what ezeife's statement looks like
He is saying that if you don't give the igbo president they will join to seceed from Nigeria.
Does that make sense to you?

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by meccuno: 9:09pm On Sep 22, 2019
magoo10:
but that is not what ezeife's statement looks like
He is saying that if you don't give the igbo president they will join to seceed from Nigeria.
Does that make sense to you?
These are the same politicians that have betrayed the SE and Igbos in general. All they know is politics and their pockets nothing more.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by magoo10(m): 9:17pm On Sep 22, 2019
meccuno:
These are the same politicians that have betrayed the SE and Igbos in general. All they know is politics and their pockets nothing more.
exactly they have marginalized their igbo brothers and the masses more than anybody.
The worst marginalization one can suffer is the one done to him by his people.
They have come to realize that ipob is the new mass movement that can rally the people.

For me I think this struggle by the ipob should start from the southEast ,they must first liberate themselves from the greedy politicians who have motgaged the future of the masses before moving to liberate themselves from Nigeria.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by Kpoikpoi: 9:29pm On Sep 22, 2019
hisexcellency34:
FORMER Governor of Anambra State, Dr Chukwuemeka Ezeife, weekend, said that the elderly people in South East may embrace the Nnamdi Kanu-led Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB if the other parts of Nigeria conspire and deny the zone Presidency in 2023.

The elder statesman also said that the agitation and crusade being carried out by Mazi Kanu and his group where they are demanding for a referendum was forced on Ndigbo by the country. Speaking exclusively to Vanguard in Abuja, the former governor said that even if entire Nigeria rejects Ndigbo, the people would not reject themselves.

Commending the non-violent approach by the IPOB leader and his group, Dr Ezeife said some of the elite in the South East had distanced themselves from the Mazi Kanu’s approach because they believed that there should be more mature ways of addressing the marginalization in the zone. He accused the Nigerian government of making deliberate efforts towards pushing the Igbos out of the country by denying them occupying sensitive positions including leading any of the security agencies.

Asked whether agitation by the IPOB was genuine, he said, “Yes, you can’t beat a person and say don’t cry. What Nnamdi Kanu and co are doing is crying because they are beaten and they are doing it in a way that is non-violent. “Therefore, Nigerians should appreciate their method. I am happy the rest of the world, Europe, European Union, they met with Nnamdi Kanu and they saw point with what he was saying.

“The (United Nations) UN also met with Nnamdi Kanu in Switzerland, I don’t know whether they have changed their mind they invited him to the United Nations General Assembly, but now having met with him in Switzerland, they may not meet him again in New York. “So, I think Nnamdi Kanu is doing what is forced on us (Ndigbo) because some of us believe that we should find out more mature ways of going about it. “But the ideal is very lawful, they are crying for a referendum, that is a democracy.

I think if Igbo people are denied the Presidency in 2023, then, no matter how unpopular IPOB may be among the older people everybody may rush it.”

On the 2023 Presidency and the agitation by the South West and the North to go for the plum position, he said,” If you want to deny them (Ndigbo) 2023 Presidency, then deny them citizenship of Nigeria. “I am feeling that it is because of rejection that other Nigerians reject Igbo Presidency that (Mallam Nasir) el-Rufai wants to be President, that (Asiwaju Bola) Tinubu wants to be President and it will favour them. If that happens, the real meaning is that the Igbos should cease being citizens of Nigeria.
“That there is no point belonging where you are rejected. One rejected does not reject himself. Among those who reject you, you don’t want to force yourself to belong.

“So, there is this talk about Biafra. IPOB is promoting Biafra because of various problems and punishments against Ndigbo. Because of many problems cause the Igbos in Nigeria, they are trying to leave. But the Federal Government of Nigeria has been very busy pushing the Igbos out of Nigeria.

“We are traders, we import like containers etc, but when our people import things, the things are seized and auctioned. Ibeto was one of the strongest people in cement, after some time, he was crippled. Instead of going up, he was going back to give advantage to Non-Igbo. “Look at this man who is building cars, (Innocent Chukwuma) Innoson… he was taken like a tout in the paint from his house to Abuja. Emzor Pharmaceutical was closed down for days because they say that boys and girls or youths were inhaling something that was produced and had been in the market for decades, some people discovered that they can inhale it.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/09/why-ndigbo-may-embrace-ipob-in-2023-ezeife/

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by Kpoikpoi: 9:34pm On Sep 22, 2019
"If we are denied presidency".
I didn't know that the presidency was a gift,I always thought you have to contest an election and win in order to become president.
To become the president of Nigeria ,you have to be trusted by Nigerians,I strongly believe the Igbo people have issues when it comes to Nigerians trusting an Igbo man.
You created your own problems.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by chubinwa(m): 9:39pm On Sep 22, 2019
I carefully followed this article in full details and I can only deduce without biased mind that what this man had said is absolutely correct.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by meccuno: 9:40pm On Sep 22, 2019
magoo10:
exactly they have marginalized their igbo brothers and the masses more than anybody.
They have come to realize that ipob is the new mass movement that can rally the people.

For me I think this struggle by the ipob should start from the southEast ,they must first liberate themselves from the greedy politicians who have motgaged the future of the masses before moving to liberate themselves from Nigeria.
sorry, i do not agree with this statement of yours. The Nigerian state HAS MARGINALIZED THE IGBOS FIRST BEFORE THE POLITICIANS FROM THE EAST. The reason why Igbos are angry with them is because they have taken sides with those who have decided to treat them unequally.

6 Likes

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by LegendHero(m): 9:42pm On Sep 22, 2019
Why can’t Igbo seek to contest under PDP for 2023 presidency? After all their unwavering loyalty to the party, the party still refuses to give them the ticket or what is really happening for God sake.

Can we say the SE’ners are cowards that can’t even ask for presidency under PDP? Abi it’s just that they are useful tool by the Northerners in PDP to use to their advantage?

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by ItsMeAboki(m): 9:54pm On Sep 22, 2019
Short sighted, self serving hollow blackmail as usual; they want the presidency but don't want to work for it; they'd foolishly vote for other candidates rather than their own son and daughters - right from Ojukwu (who couldn't even deliver his own constituency), Maghalu, Ezekwesili etc.

They insult and demonise other tribes and ironically expect to be loved back in return - everything to them is by force; no tact, no alliances nor persuasion; just demands and demands to satisfy their bloated egos and exaggerated sense of entitlement.

Not only Biafra, they can pack themselves back to their Jewish roots in Israel for all I care - nonsense angry angry.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by Mrfeel: 11:30pm On Sep 22, 2019
The earlier governors, lawmarkers in biafra join hands with nnamdi KANU for the actualization of biafra, the easier it will be, all we need is a referendum for us to peacefully vote for biafran succession

1 Like

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by Mrfeel: 11:40pm On Sep 22, 2019
ItsMeAboki:
Short sighted, self serving hollow blackmail as usual; they want the presidency but don't want to work for it; they'd foolishly vote for other candidates rather than their own son and daughters - right from Ojukwu (who couldn't even deliver his own constituency), Maghalu, Ezekwesili etc.

They insult and demonise other tribes and ironically expect to be back loved in return - everything to them is by force; no tact, no alliances nor persuasion; just demands and demands to satisfy their bloated egos and exaggerated sense of entitlement.

Not only Biafra, they can pack themselves back to their Jewish roots in Israel for all I care - nonsense angry angry.

Well we ipob are happy about it, having an igbo president in 2023 will be a disaster to us Igbos cause, they are a lot of criteria's needed for a group to seek for self determination, under the international court of justice, set by the UN continues marginalizion is one of them, so we Igbos don't need that igbo president

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by ContentedK: 11:43pm On Sep 22, 2019
hisexcellency34:

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/09/why-ndigbo-may-embrace-ipob-in-2023-ezeife/

ipob has gotten this far without your silly support, we don’t even need it. You’ll still beg to join and we might consider, keep waiting for 2023 to enable you collect more bribes ass lickers..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Tinubu & Wife, Remi Test Negative After Lateef Raheem's Death / DSS Now Checks Your Passport With Your Facebook Page. / I Am Voting Atiku And This Is Why - Bayo Adeyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.