Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,891 members, 7,828,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency (26404 Views)

Sanwo-Olu: Lagosians Will Miss My Government If Denied Second Term (Video) / Junaid Mohammed: Igbos Can Go To Hell If Denied 2023 Presidency, Nobody Will Beg / Ezeife: Ndigbo Will Cease To Be Nigerians If Denied 2023 Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by Mrfeel: 10:28am On Sep 23, 2019
Ceoking6:
But Igbo's have had the most senate presidents and robust relationship with PDP since 1999 but didn't do all these

Well all of them believed in one Nigeria, and the still do, but a time will come when they will realize one Nigeria will never work, and they are not representing the will of the millions of people in biafra land that's why ekweremadu was beaten up in Germany
Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by citizenY(m): 10:28am On Sep 23, 2019
richie240:

No one hates u, really.
U are the architect of your problems in Nigeria (and wherever u sojourn).
U insult and demonize others and still expect a warm embrace from d same ppl? Its ds tactlessness of urs that causes problems for legit Nigerians across d world. Only ds year 2019 alone, within d spate of 6 months, three African countries (Ghana, togo and now southafrica) have attacked "Nigerian traders". Pls, don't tell me all these countries are ''lazy and jealous of us and are afraid of Igbo domination''
Its ds arrogant and uncouth nature of urs dt causes trouble for u wherever u find urself.
Nwanne, biko look in d mirror!

You want him to get cataract? You are very wicked.
Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by Tarela007(m): 10:28am On Sep 23, 2019
Jombom:
Ko Kan aye !
If all Igbo like let them support Boko Haram come 2023.

Bros talk with sense, you don’t have to comment coz others are commenting ! ! Marginalization is marginalization. When it’s not happening to you they say it’s funny!

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by nogragra: 10:29am On Sep 23, 2019
Urchman200:
bros calm down no reasonable igboman want presidency, all they need is separation from fulani oligarchy, so don't worry yourself ok enjoy ur presidency we already know that an average yoruba man does not believe in equity and fairness one will be wondering yurobas are demanding that power should shift to the south, the north will continue to have reason to hold on to power.
If the crap you wrote above is what you know, then you know nothing , fukkle, nix, nada....

1 Like

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by Neddstark: 10:29am On Sep 23, 2019
Igbos will be president of Nigeria, the day Southampton wins UEFA Champion's League

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by ACHILLES45: 10:31am On Sep 23, 2019
magoo10:
exactly they have marginalized their igbo brothers and the masses more than anybody.
The worst marginalization one can suffer is the one done to him by his people.
They have come to realize that ipob is the new mass movement that can rally the people.

For me I think this struggle by the ipob should start from the southEast ,they must first liberate themselves from the greedy politicians who have motgaged the future of the masses before moving to liberate themselves from Nigeria.

HYPOCRITE
IF THEM BEAT THEM FOR ABROAD NOW, NA YOU GO CRY PASS.
ABEG PASS JOR.
Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by wink2015(m): 10:33am On Sep 23, 2019
FORMER Governor of Anambra State, Dr Chukwuemeka Ezeife, weekend, said that the elderly people in South East may embrace the Nnamdi Kanu-led Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB if the other parts of Nigeria conspire and deny the zone Presidency in 2023.

The elder statesman also said that the agitation and crusade being carried out by Mazi Kanu and his group where they are demanding for a referendum was forced on Ndigbo by the country. Speaking exclusively to Vanguard in Abuja, the former governor said that even if entire Nigeria rejects Ndigbo, the people would not reject themselves.

Commending the non-violent approach by the IPOB leader and his group, Dr Ezeife said some of the elite in the South East had distanced themselves from the Mazi Kanu’s approach because they believed that there should be more mature ways of addressing the marginalization in the zone. He accused the Nigerian government of making deliberate efforts towards pushing the Igbos out of the country by denying them occupying sensitive positions including leading any of the security agencies.

Asked whether agitation by the IPOB was genuine, he said, “Yes, you can’t beat a person and say don’t cry. What Nnamdi Kanu and co are doing is crying because they are beaten and they are doing it in a way that is non-violent. “Therefore, Nigerians should appreciate their method. I am happy the rest of the world, Europe, European Union, they met with Nnamdi Kanu and they saw point with what he was saying.

“The (United Nations) UN also met with Nnamdi Kanu in Switzerland, I don’t know whether they have changed their mind they invited him to the United Nations General Assembly, but now having met with him in Switzerland, they may not meet him again in New York. “So, I think Nnamdi Kanu is doing what is forced on us (Ndigbo) because some of us believe that we should find out more mature ways of going about it. “But the ideal is very lawful, they are crying for a referendum, that is a democracy.

I think if Igbo people are denied the Presidency in 2023, then, no matter how unpopular IPOB may be among the older people everybody may rush it.”

On the 2023 Presidency and the agitation by the South West and the North to go for the plum position, he said,” If you want to deny them (Ndigbo) 2023 Presidency, then deny them citizenship of Nigeria. “I am feeling that it is because of rejection that other Nigerians reject Igbo Presidency that (Mallam Nasir) el-Rufai wants to be President, that (Asiwaju Bola) Tinubu wants to be President and it will favour them. If that happens, the real meaning is that the Igbos should cease being citizens of Nigeria.

“That there is no point belonging where you are rejected. One rejected does not reject himself. Among those who reject you, you don’t want to force yourself to belong.

“So, there is this talk about Biafra. IPOB is promoting Biafra because of various problems and punishments against Ndigbo. Because of many problems cause the Igbos in Nigeria, they are trying to leave. But the Federal Government of Nigeria has been very busy pushing the Igbos out of Nigeria.

“We are traders, we import like containers etc, but when our people import things, the things are seized and auctioned. Ibeto was one of the strongest people in cement, after some time, he was crippled. Instead of going up, he was going back to give advantage to Non-Igbo. “Look at this man who is building cars, (Innocent Chukwuma) Innoson… he was taken like a tout in the paint from his house to Abuja. Emzor Pharmaceutical was closed down for days because they say that boys and girls or youths were inhaling something that was produced and had been in the market for decades, some people discovered that they can inhale it.

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/09/why-ndigbo-may-embrace-ipob-in-2023-ezeife/

shocked
Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by Ceoking6: 10:36am On Sep 23, 2019
Mrfeel:

Well all of them believed in one Nigeria, and the still do, but a time will come when they will realize one Nigeria will never work, and they are not representing the will of the millions of people in biafra land that's why ekweremadu was beaten up in Germany
The actual reality is that Igbo's benefited from PDP more even though it doesn't see it fit for presidency.

It all about interest and blackmail, ayims, ike, wambara, okadigbo, nnamani were all Igbo's and could have passed bills to change their people plight but wouldn't.

Since APC took over 2015 all hell went loosed, iPod had a voice (still tried to favour PDP last minute in election 2019 but couldn't).

Summary is its all political blackmail

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by citizenY(m): 10:46am On Sep 23, 2019
omenka:
Only an indescribably ignorant kid would think I care if they remain or leave Nigeria.

Kiddo, if you like, LEAVE IN THE NEXT HOUR, I couldn't care less. Get that into your head and tell your Ezeife nobody is going to be FORCED or COERCED into voting who they dont wanna vote for.

Lastly, tell your Kanu to stop daydreaming about Benue state. We want no part of your adventure. Stop forcing people into your own dreams. Have your biafra to yourself and those who desire it.

Thank you and goodbye.

Omenk.... I once made the allegory of a nymph that decided to become a prostitute. Remember?

See what Ezeife is saying. He forgets that there is something called political party, campaign, manifesto and ballot box. He wants to avoid all these generally accepted institutions and collect the presidency.

You begin wonder ...... At which acute angle is the sun hitting their brains?..... Sunrise, midday or dusk?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by GMbuharii: 10:49am On Sep 23, 2019
Queseda:

A slave has no right to the throne, here lies the answer to your question

A slave you and your entire big4nothing region depend on for survival,how shameful

grin
Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by Elliot2(m): 10:49am On Sep 23, 2019
omenka:
So it has come to this! Coersion. Dont Nigerians reserve the right to choose their leaders anymore? Why do you have to blackmail them into electing one of your own as president?

This is pathetic coming from someone like Ezeife.

I would like to ask this question.

Amongst all zones in this country there is no single zone that has toiled as hard for PDP as the South East and the South South. Politics is about sweat and reward.

Wike for instance pulled all the stops he could to ensure the party's survival after 2015. He imagined he deserves anything he asks of the party, and that is why we see him creating so much chaos in the party today after being denied those rewards he demanded.

When Ikemba, the single most respected son of Ndigbo throughout history, stood for the presidency, they demonstrated not even he could sway them from sticking with PDP as they still voted enmass for PDP!! What greater demonstration of loyalty could there be in politics?

The South South has been given the ticket which indeed they deserved.

WHAT EXACTLY IS STOPPING THE POLITICIANS IN SOUTH EAST FROM PUSHING FOR PDP TO GIVE THEM THE TICKET COME 2023 AS THE DESERVE IT MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE?

This is one thing I still crack my head to understand but fail to at every attempt. What exactly is stopping someone like Ezeife from demanding the ticket from PDP after all the HARD WORK the zone has put into the survival and growth of the party? From '99 to this day, they've busted their hump and showed exemplary loyalty to the party. Why cant the ticket be given them?
You and I know that you are not sincere. We have all seen how the southwest is claiming that they deserve the presidency even though every lawful and qualified Nigerian is entitled to it. It is in that manner the southeast is laying claims. It is pure hypocrisy if you are comfortable with the claims by southwest but don't towards the east. But I know your biases will take the better of your reasoning. And Ezeife is talking about those biases you and your ilk have.
Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by Elliot2(m): 10:51am On Sep 23, 2019
omenka:
What is stopping you PDP supporters from prevailing on the party to reward your loyalty Mr Racoon? What are you afraid of?

You people allege the country hasnt been fair to you. How about pdp showed the way by rewarding your years of hard work for it? Why cant you demand it from them?
PDP or any other party is not made up of stones,they are humans. And those humans have deep rooted biases towards them.
Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by sylve11: 10:53am On Sep 23, 2019
funmijoyb:
You people want to hold us ransom abi. We can't vote for igbo under duress. They should contest against other tribe to emerge

e nor pass like that............ grin grin grin cool
Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by Inteltower: 10:55am On Sep 23, 2019
Almaiga:
The East should forget about ruling Nigeria as President. They are not ripe for such great Position. This is why the position of the minority leader is presently the highest Political office holder from the East

& its the northerners & SW are ripe for it abi ?

our problems today have been because of bad leadership.. especially starting from the Democratic era..so pls answer dear olodo which regions have been ruling..?
Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by Femijohn198: 10:56am On Sep 23, 2019
AM a Yoruba man but what is happening on rejection to idigbo people is too bad,let delegate power to them for president because Yoruba has tried it no way,hausa has tried it zero,lets support Igbo for president 2023 may be God will favor us.
Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by paulance(m): 10:58am On Sep 23, 2019
https:///?mid=144484
Join to make $50 through inviting 25 people
Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by Paulo3ree(m): 10:58am On Sep 23, 2019
meccuno:
These are the same politicians that have betrayed the SE and Igbos in general. All they know is politics and their pockets nothing more.

2 Likes

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by Ugosample(m): 10:58am On Sep 23, 2019
AyakaDunukofia:

Your argument does not still answer the question why a major ethnic group as Igbo is continuosly conspired against, pushed out of the top echelon of the governance of a country by a particular tribe the same Igbo open heartedly waited for three years to make up their minds to be a partner in the Nigerian project.

do you know that Hausa men have NEVER led Nigeria before?

cheesy cheesy

out of the three major ethnic groups
only a Yoruba man was a president in the real sense of it.

That said

if we want to be truthful to ourselves

we played ourselves in Nigeria

But igbo folks being the strong headee people that we are will not accept

Idgaf if an igbo man leads Nigeria or not
it won't change anything

All we need to do Is to use our no. 6

1 Like

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 23, 2019
I will love the Republic of Biafra to be a success
But Igbo's should know that it will affect a lot
1)Most Igbo's resides outside Igbo land,and are mostly business men and by so doing they will need to move their biz to their land
2) The landmass of igboland won't be sufficient enough for them , massive competition for limited resources which may lead to killings and robbery
Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by Ugosample(m): 11:00am On Sep 23, 2019
Elliot2:
You and I know that you are not sincere. We have all seen how the southwest is claiming that they deserve the presidency even though every lawful and qualified Nigerian is entitled to it. It is in that manner the southeast is laying claims. It is pure hypocrisy if you are comfortable with the claims by southwest but don't towards the east. But I know your biases will take the better of your reasoning. And Ezeife is talking about those biases you and your ilk have.

don't mind omenka
Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by donjahsy(m): 11:01am On Sep 23, 2019
It is unfortunate that the post to run for the office of the president in Nigeria is GIVEN and not contested! And with the current structure and the powers that be, no Igbo would be given that chance.
Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by tiredoflife(m): 11:02am On Sep 23, 2019
funmijoyb:
You people want to hold us ransom abi. We can't vote for igbo under duress. They should contest against other tribe to emerge

In 1999 was yoruba not voted for under duress
Was the rest of Nigeria not made to pick between two yorubas for peace
So why is it that u people wont do same
U people are truly the problem of Nigeria
Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by Nobody: 11:10am On Sep 23, 2019
omenka:
So it has come to this! Coersion. Dont Nigerians reserve the right to choose their leaders anymore? Why do you have to blackmail them into electing one of your own as president?

This is pathetic coming from someone like Ezeife.

I would like to ask this question.

Amongst all zones in this country there is no single zone that has toiled as hard for PDP as the South East and the South South. Politics is about sweat and reward.

Wike for instance pulled all the stops he could to ensure the party's survival after 2015. He imagined he deserves anything he asks of the party, and that is why we see him creating so much chaos in the party today after being denied those rewards he demanded.

When Ikemba, the single most respected son of Ndigbo throughout history, stood for the presidency, they demonstrated not even he could sway them from sticking with PDP as they still voted enmass for PDP!! What greater demonstration of loyalty could there be in politics?

The South South has been given the ticket which indeed they deserved.

WHAT EXACTLY IS STOPPING THE POLITICIANS IN SOUTH EAST FROM PUSHING FOR PDP TO GIVE THEM THE TICKET COME 2023 AS THE DESERVE IT MORE THAN ANYONE ELSE?

This is one thing I still crack my head to understand but fail to at every attempt. What exactly is stopping someone like Ezeife from demanding the ticket from PDP after all the HARD WORK the zone has put into the survival and growth of the party? From '99 to this day, they've busted their hump and showed exemplary loyalty to the party. Why cant the ticket be given them?

THEY DON'T HAVE THE NUMBERS TO ASSURE VICTORY AT PRESIDENTIAL POLLS.

SS WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN GRANTED THE TICKET IN 2011 IF NOT FOR POWER OF INCUMBENCY.

NATURALLY, PRESIDENTIAL POSITION IN DEMOCRATIC DISPENSATION FOR PARTIES THAT WANT TO WIN, WILL ALWAYS GIVE IT TO THE NORTH WHO ARE THE MOST POPULATED AND CAN ASSURE YOU VOTE DUE TO THEIR NUMBERS.

DEMOCRACY, PARTIES LOVE THE POPULATED REGIONS
Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by omenka(m): 11:13am On Sep 23, 2019
Elliot2:
You have yet to tell yourself the truth even after reading all that.

Understand me and YOURSELF bro.

The Southwest is making the claim to presidency ON A POLITICAL PLATFORM and that platform is one which they've helped to nurture right from 1999 even though the platform has evolved over time from AD to ACN down to APC in combo with CPC.

South East on the other hand should stake the same claim ON A PLATFORM THEY'VE TOILED FOR SINCE 1999, and that platform is PDP.

What are you people afraid of that you cant demand a REWARD FOR YOUR LABOUR?

Shooo!!! This thing is confusing to me quite frankly! Is it a crime rewarding the South East for their loyalty to PDP? What exactly are you guys saying?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by Amalekki: 11:17am On Sep 23, 2019
tiredoflife:

In 1999 was yoruba not voted for under duress
Was the rest of Nigeria not made to pick between two yorubas for peace
So why is it that u people wont do same
U people are truly the problem of Nigeria
The premise for that arrangement was June 12. Do you have your own June 12 before demanding for a 1999 arrangement? June 12 that led to 1999 was built on hope for a true nation, respect for all regardless of ethnicity, building of political bridges with strong allies despite differences etc. It was not built on ignorant arrogance & uncouth culture. Nigerians came together as Nigerians. Where is your June 12?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by juman(m): 11:19am On Sep 23, 2019
While IPOB has no interest in who becomes the president in the zoo.
Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by omenka(m): 11:22am On Sep 23, 2019
AkeNathan:

THEY DON'T HAVE THE NUMBERS TO ASSURE VICTORY AT PRESIDENTIAL POLLS.

SS WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN GRANTED THE TICKET IN 2011 IF NOT FOR POWER OF INCUMBENCY.

NATURALLY, PRESIDENTIAL POSITION IN DEMOCRATIC DISPENSATION FOR PARTIES THAT WANT TO WIN, WILL ALWAYS GIVE IT TO THE NORTH WHO ARE THE MOST POPULATED AND CAN ASSURE YOU VOTE DUE TO THEIR NUMBERS.

DEMOCRACY, PARTIES LOVE THE POPULATED REGIONS
Igbos dont have the numbers? So that is what PDP has been saying all along?

Does it then mean that UNTIL Igbos have the said number, PDP will NEVER give then the presidential ticket? Would Igbos fold their hands and watch a party they've given EVERYTHING for treat them with such disdain when they allege the Nigerian state has been marginalizing them (which is the reason for the ipob uprising)?

If PDP can do that and get away with it without as much as a whistle from Ndigbo, what then is the basis for their revolt against the Nigerian state?

Jeez! Are you Igbo?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by omenka(m): 11:25am On Sep 23, 2019
Femijohn198:
AM a Yoruba man but what is happening on rejection to idigbo people is too bad,let delegate power to them for president because Yoruba has tried it no way,hausa has tried it zero,lets support Igbo for president 2023 may be God will favor us.
Who is stopping the PDP from rewarding them with the ticket so Nigerians can vote for them? Dont they deserve that from the party with all the hard work they've put into it?

1 Like

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by Amalekki: 11:25am On Sep 23, 2019
omenka:
Igbos dont have the numbers? So that is what PDP has been saying all along?

Does it then mean that UNTIL Igbos have the said number, PDP will NEVER give then the presidential ticket? Would Igbos fold their hands and watch a party they've given EVERYTHING for treat them with such disdain when they allege the Nigerian state has been marginalizing them (which is the reason for the ipob uprising)?

If PDP can do that and get away with it without as much as a whistle from Ndigbo, what then is the basis for their revolt against the Nigerian state?

Jeez! Are you Igbo?
Brilliantly put.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by juman(m): 11:29am On Sep 23, 2019
Every single Nigerian has the right to be president if the person meets the constitutional requirements.

Sincerely sincere, I think most Nigerians would be afraid to have an igbo man as president.

Such president might grossly misuse his power and cause more greater havoc in the country.
It difficult to trust an igbo as president.

2 Likes

Re: Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency by GavelSlam: 11:31am On Sep 23, 2019
Some Igbos said Obasanjo has an Igbo father.

In that case....
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'This Is Victory For APC & Democracy': Lawan Celebrates Supreme Court Judgement / Okorocha: I Don't Rely On The Support Of The Igbos To Achieve My 2023 Presidency / Military Sacks UNICEF From North For ‘Sabotaging Counter-Terrorism Operations’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.