Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? (7277 Views)

Opinion: Same Sex Schools Are Better For A Child's Academic Success. / He That Thinketh He Fall,take Heed Lest He Be Broken-tips To Academic Success / Keys To Academic Success! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by Tunsbobo(m): 12:18am On Nov 04, 2010
I always want to make my parents proud of me, thats what gives me motivation to excel academically. Above all, God motivates me. @stevetboy09, why are u so jealous of Oau, haba
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by kheme(m): 12:21am On Nov 04, 2010
Well, for me, i play a lot, try to catch my fun as much as i can. then when i'm exhausted from fun, i try to study. and if ma brain still ain't assimilating, i return to something else, movies, music, sleep, friends, fun, anything else but book! somehow, it all works out for me, thank God for that. But personally, i believe in work hards and play hard! that's the "google way" i believe :-)
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by loma(m): 8:17am On Nov 05, 2010
Lol at Jarus.

Firstly we thank God

Next when I got admitted to Ife, my dad told me- I expect you to go and get a first class, if you get anything below that you will not be improving upon the standard I set over 30 years ago. He finished from Ife in 1971 with a 2-1. He was in Ife with omole n the rest. So I guess that was some motivation , and every semester he would request for my transcript and gpa.

Not being a very studious type, I aligned myself with tPhe eficos, and a week to exam , I would make photocopies of all their notes and solved problems and head to the remote study area of the central mosque in Ife or BOOC.

Usually during the semester I was involved in one mss trip or activity so I always relied on the smart folks in class to explain what I missed to me. By the way they were not usually happy when I ended up scoring higher than they do in exams.

Once again all the glory is due to Allah, and the ultimate success is in the next world.
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by Jarus(m): 8:38am On Nov 05, 2010
Thank you, egbon. I hope the students here will learn from it.

Imagine company plane being despatched to ferry a single person, and the plane had no option than to wait for him, even when he was late to the airport.
Happened yesterday. That is where Loma's academic success has taken him to today.
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by ccollins(m): 10:52am On Nov 05, 2010
Loma,u mean u prepared late 4 exams n still made it,hmm.
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by Jeezy: 3:47pm On Nov 05, 2010
U serious, is it the Awo Aloma It seems there is at lease one Loma per set. really curious to know who this one is, too much money. Abeg loma, while being modest, i like hearing success stories of peeps from Ife. Motivates me a whole lot. Damn i remember Oklagogo too!

@ Jarus, im sure ure not doing so bad urself, being a popular name here on NL also.
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by Jarus(m): 4:49pm On Nov 05, 2010
Jeezy:

U serious, is it the Awo Aloma It seems there is at lease one Loma per set. really curious to know who this one is, too much money. Abeg loma, while being modest, i like hearing success stories of peeps from Ife. Motivates me a whole lot. Damn i remember Oklagogo too!

@ Jarus, im sure ure not doing so bad urself, being a popular name here on NL also.

No, not that Aloma in Awo. I knew that one too.
Let's leave it at that, but this Loma is a big boy. I want to be like him, but he say I no get visa grin
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by Jarus(m): 4:55pm On Nov 05, 2010
Jeezy:

No, not that Aloma in Awo. I knew that one too.
Let's leave it at that, but this Loma is a big boy o. To be a big shot in a well known MNC, junketing across the global oil regions no be moin moin grin
I don tell am say by fire by force I must enter that company too grin
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by dayokanu(m): 5:34pm On Nov 05, 2010
^^ Make una help me beg Loma make he carry me sef enter Aramco.

Else i go declare "ferefe shishi" for am. If he still no gree I go make it "maximum shishi" and "ta tan till infinity"
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by Jarus(m): 6:24pm On Nov 05, 2010
DK, don't worry, I don tell am, na 'mother of all aluta' we go declare on him if he no carry us enter d coy, we shall deploy all forms of aluta -scientific, spiritual and mechanical - on him, it is going to be operation taatan. You will evaporate from Chicago and I will evaporate from Lagos and we shall condense in his Houston house. What happened on Sept 11 is going to be a Child's play grin
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by dayokanu(m): 6:33pm On Nov 05, 2010
Greatestttt Ife, Articulaaaateeee Ife.

We resist any attempt, Attempted attempt or any attempt to consider the attempt by LOMA to marginalise, Ostracise, Alienate and discriminate against the ever militant, ever conscious, ever-dynamic me and jarus from getting into Saudi Aramco

We hereby deploy all Aluta machinery from the ghettoes of Angola Hall, to the slums of Awo Self-Help, to the Garrison of Awo main blocks, the trenches of ETF hall and even the estates of Fajuyi. (To be continued)

I dey warn you ooo

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by Jarus(m): 8:16pm On Nov 05, 2010
Just leave am . . e dey off-shore now. When he comes back, he go see the aluta machinery in motion
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by reindeer: 8:36pm On Nov 05, 2010
Great Ife Aroo on display! grin grin grin
Ferefe shishi
maximum shishi grin grin grin
carry goooooat!jooo
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by ccollins(m): 7:43am On Nov 06, 2010
Na waaa 4 OAU alumni öooh,lol.Other great alumni frm other great skool like unn never come out begin show like una
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 06, 2010
^^You go wait tire!
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by loma(m): 1:31pm On Nov 06, 2010
Waoh! I will like to meet this guy that Jarus and the great Dayokanu are talking about o. See as you just turned this to an OAU thread with authentic aroism. Reminds me of those days back in Angola and Awo. I stayed one year in Angola , 2 years in Awo, and two years in PG.

I am sure Dayokanu and myself must have some mutual friends seeing that you are an Aggie( I was in College Station for a while before transferring to Houston due to research funding issues)

At Jarus, I have no doubt that folks like you will even be greater than some of us. As long as you don't settle! What about you even get your next degree from Harvard or Stanford to begin with? And you need to get involved in leadership activities beyond writing and work.

Lets link up on LinkedIn for career related discussions sha.
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by dayokanu(m): 3:39pm On Nov 06, 2010
^^Loma,

Can you email me, My email address is on my profile.

We get yarns
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by Jarus(m): 5:34pm On Nov 06, 2010
loma:

Waoh! I will like to meet this guy that Jarus and the great Dayokanu are talking about o. See as you just turned this to an OAU thread with authentic aroism. Reminds me of those days back in Angola and Awo. I stayed one year in Angola , 2 years in Awo, and two years in PG.

I am sure Dayokanu and myself must have some mutual friends seeing that you are an Aggie( I was in College Station for a while before transferring to Houston due to research funding issues)

At Jarus, I have no doubt that folks like you will even be greater than some of us. As long as you don't settle! What about you even get your next degree from Harvard or Stanford to begin with? And you need to get involved in leadership activities beyond writing and work.

Lets link up on LinkedIn for career related discussions sha.
We were not able to catch up the last time you were in Naija. I got your text late, and I had another programme that night, so can't make it to Protea that night.
But insha Allah, we'll still discuss off-NL. I need mentoring. I want to be a global big boy like you o grin

DK was 2004 set, and you 2002. But being in the same faculty, you may have friends in common.
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by Odunnu: 5:49pm On Nov 06, 2010
ccollins:

Na waaa 4 OAU alumni öooh,lol.Other great alumni frm other great skool like UNN never come out begin show like una
Can you imagine!
I've never seen a thread so derailed!
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by loma(m): 5:52pm On Nov 06, 2010
Ok we are taking our ife related stuff offline.

Other schools, the thread is now open to you lol.
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by Odunnu: 6:06pm On Nov 06, 2010
Sigh of relief!!!
BTW ths thread isnt about school alumni.
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by ccollins(m): 6:58pm On Nov 06, 2010
@odunnu,Hmm,but other alumni like u frm skool like unn is needed to stop dis bad oau alumni gra gra of a thing.Hmm
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by Jarus(m): 9:23pm On Nov 06, 2010
Odunnu:

Sigh of relief!!!
BTW ths thread isnt about school alumni.
But we are discussing our colleague's super academic success, and subsequent post-school success, albeit jovially, which, seriously, is actually related to the topic, as the students on this thread can learn a lot from the discussions.
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by Jarus(m): 9:29pm On Nov 06, 2010
ccollins:

@odunnu,Hmm,but other alumni like u frm skool like unn is needed to stop dis bad oau alumni gra gra of a thing.Hmm
It's called loyalty to your alma mater/school and strong esprit de corps, which is natural only to Ife people. Natural domination tendency. Go to NYSC camp, workplaces, weddings etc to see more.
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by Odunnu: 9:52pm On Nov 06, 2010
Jarus:

But we are discussing our colleague's super academic success, and subsequent post-school success, albeit jovially, which, seriously, is actually related to the topic, as the students on this thread can learn a lot from the discussions.
create another thread for OAU Alumni reunion,if you see me there just know I came to look for tkb417 you'l know i'm interestd in the gist. While on this thread,stick to the topic! Sey oti gbo? (e ma bii nu)
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by dayokanu(m): 9:56pm On Nov 06, 2010
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by Jarus(m): 9:56pm On Nov 06, 2010
I'm also surprised TKB didn't show up in this thread.
Yaya dae
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by Odunnu: 10:08pm On Nov 06, 2010
Show up so that the thread wud xplode abi?
Anyway, I tied him up in the UEFA section. He's too tied up to come here.
*munana n kallow*
@DK, kayi kama n ba ka bude baki ko?(dnt ask for translation)
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by dayokanu(m): 10:25pm On Nov 06, 2010
^^ I should understand what you are saying cos "Kabude gindi or Kabude Tsuliya nki" was one of my favourite phrase
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by Odunnu: 10:34pm On Nov 06, 2010
Baaad buoy!
You are the reason why my grandma wouldnt want me to visit NL.
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by ccollins(m): 9:06am On Nov 07, 2010
Ife fantasy makes them believe only them has domination at nysc camp,weddings,e.T.C.Lol,oau isn't d best sha
Re: What Is The Key Behind Your Academic Success? by Jarus(m): 9:49am On Nov 07, 2010
Wharreva

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unbelievable Pictures Of University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, Kwara State / Meet Professor Who Drove A Car From London To Kano In 24 Days / These Are The Standard Size Of Room In Residential Buildings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.