Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,099 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Former Amnesty Media Aide Clarifies Alleged N1.6bn Canoe Scandal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Amnesty Media Aide Clarifies Alleged N1.6bn Canoe Scandal (5752 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan's House In Otuoke Remains Accessible Only By Canoe (Pictures) / Zulum And Shettima Did Not Visit Abba Kyari - Aide Clarifies / Exposed! Akpabio Bought Ministerial Slot For N1.6bn, Plot To Upstage Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Amnesty Media Aide Clarifies Alleged N1.6bn Canoe Scandal by NwaorguF: 10:59am On Sep 30, 2019
Former Amnesty Media Aide Clarifies Alleged N1.6bn Canoe Scandal

…..Says the rumour is out there to mislead people and misrepresent the facts

Following rumours of alleged N1.6bn Canoe contract Scandal rocking Presidential Amnesty Programme (PAP), the former Amnesty Media Aide, Mr. Wabiye Idoniboyeobu has considered it necessary to clear the air surrounding it to set the record straight.

Wabiye in a statement made available to journalists today in Port Harcourt, Rivers State stressed that he has been hounded to say something concerning the recent drama surrounding the activities of the Presidential Amnesty Programme.

Excerpt of the statement:

So I've been hounded to say something concerning the recent drama surrounding the activities of the Presidential Amnesty Programme.

Yes, I was the Media Consultant there; but my contract ended two years ago. So I can't speak on their behalf anymore. But as an Ijaw son and a proud Kalabari man, I can stand and defend the truth! So some people will allow me rest too.

Some of you have heard rumours of the #4, 000,000 million canoe contracts. I will simply say the rumour is out there to mislead people and misrepresent the facts. I want to try and answer some unasked questions. To make this easy, I will list out some questions and answer them.

1. What is the N4M stated in the contract for?

Answer: The #4, 000, 000 million is the amount of money (Tax Inclusive) given to the CONSULTANT to EMPOWER each BENEFICIARY. Tax in Federal Consultancy Contracts is 5% Vat and 10% WHT. That’s 15% in total. So the actual sum per delegate is #3.4 million

2. What does the empowerment entail?

Answer: The empowerment is broken into bits. There is the Refresher Course, where the beneficiaries are given titbits about the trade and regular entrepreneurship lectures. This takes about one to two weeks. In this period the beneficiaries would be lodged in hotels and catered for.

After that comes the Land/Store Acquisition. Since the empowerment is expected to be permanent, you are given a space, to have as your base.

Then comes the actual empowerment which takes only a fraction of the awarded sum. The empowerment includes office setup with furnishing and stationery provided; Business Registration with CAC; and the starter pack, which the attached description doc will breakdown for you. The Fiber Fishing Boat is just an Item on that list.

After the empowerment there is a three months Mentorship period, which must be completed before final payments are made.

3. How much of the money is used to purchase the boat?

Answer: After enquiries I found out that 400, 000 thousand naira is the officially approved cost for that item. You can do your research and get your figures, but I think it is fair.

4. Has the contractor been paid?

Answer: No! I gathered that the policy in the office now allows payments for "job done" only. Meaning you must have completed the job to an extent before you will be paid for the part you have done.

Wabiye noted that he has answered four basic questions, adding that “he hope it helps.

“I take it as a responsibility to clarify issues like this. Especially when I understand the facts,” the former media aide declared.

1 Like

Re: Former Amnesty Media Aide Clarifies Alleged N1.6bn Canoe Scandal by DonMarkuzi(m): 11:47am On Sep 30, 2019
Story for the Gods.

3 Likes

Re: Former Amnesty Media Aide Clarifies Alleged N1.6bn Canoe Scandal by Sunofgod(m): 11:48am On Sep 30, 2019
Something fishy still......

1 Like

Re: Former Amnesty Media Aide Clarifies Alleged N1.6bn Canoe Scandal by docjcejlsnc: 11:48am On Sep 30, 2019
in the canoe or what dats
Re: Former Amnesty Media Aide Clarifies Alleged N1.6bn Canoe Scandal by Wande22(m): 11:48am On Sep 30, 2019
in Buhari Regime!
Re: Former Amnesty Media Aide Clarifies Alleged N1.6bn Canoe Scandal by HopeAlive14(m): 11:49am On Sep 30, 2019
While it is bad to spread malicious rumours, there is no smoke without fire.

Unless corruption is tamed in a nation, corruption will tame the nation.

2 Likes

Re: Former Amnesty Media Aide Clarifies Alleged N1.6bn Canoe Scandal by Henix(m): 12:08pm On Sep 30, 2019
Is that the N400,000 canoe that I'm seeing up there? U mean 400k per each?

2 Likes

Re: Former Amnesty Media Aide Clarifies Alleged N1.6bn Canoe Scandal by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 30, 2019
Ehn Ehn

Efcc frobe these guys

Re: Former Amnesty Media Aide Clarifies Alleged N1.6bn Canoe Scandal by Collins9156(m): 12:12pm On Sep 30, 2019
Those item on the last page no get individual price tag na random totaling anyway we know u dey lie but continue, no more media consultant but they called u into u be lie lie MOHAMED other brother.
Re: Former Amnesty Media Aide Clarifies Alleged N1.6bn Canoe Scandal by ohabiam: 12:13pm On Sep 30, 2019
PESCADA FISHING CANOE =N=209,000

1 Like

Re: Former Amnesty Media Aide Clarifies Alleged N1.6bn Canoe Scandal by johnjay4u2u(m): 12:14pm On Sep 30, 2019
lol
Refresher course for 1 week = ₦400000?
wow!
you don't even pay up to that per week to study to be a Neurosurgeon.

na wa o.
other needful items sef dey list.
Can't they list those items?
Something smells fishy in this fishing business assistance.

How we take offend these politicians sef.
Them pass armed robbers. The unarmed robbers.

1 Like

Re: Former Amnesty Media Aide Clarifies Alleged N1.6bn Canoe Scandal by eTECTIV: 12:15pm On Sep 30, 2019
Jus listen to their useless defence.. Does it even make sense to dem?

1 Like

Re: Former Amnesty Media Aide Clarifies Alleged N1.6bn Canoe Scandal by ohabiam: 12:16pm On Sep 30, 2019
FEEL FREE LURE: =N=360,000
Re: Former Amnesty Media Aide Clarifies Alleged N1.6bn Canoe Scandal by ohabiam: 12:18pm On Sep 30, 2019
Feel free lure=N=360,000

3 Likes

Re: Former Amnesty Media Aide Clarifies Alleged N1.6bn Canoe Scandal by ikorodureporta: 12:20pm On Sep 30, 2019
lemme dnt comment on wht i still don't ustnd
Re: Former Amnesty Media Aide Clarifies Alleged N1.6bn Canoe Scandal by EtovalRealEst: 12:23pm On Sep 30, 2019
Hmmm I didn't know Fisher men need office as well as refresher courses and paid mentors ....but wetin concern me Niger Delta man chop Niger Delta money.

3 Likes

Re: Former Amnesty Media Aide Clarifies Alleged N1.6bn Canoe Scandal by eenai(m): 12:38pm On Sep 30, 2019
SCAM! BIG SCAM. So disappointed. A fropessor fah.
Re: Former Amnesty Media Aide Clarifies Alleged N1.6bn Canoe Scandal by omenka(m): 12:41pm On Sep 30, 2019
HopeAlive14:
While it is bad to spread malicious rumours, there is no smoke without fire.

Unless corruption is tamed in a nation, corruption will tame the nation.
You guys should stop saying this smoke thing, it doesnt make sense. There are a million ways smoke can be created without fire.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former Amnesty Media Aide Clarifies Alleged N1.6bn Canoe Scandal by NkitaAla: 12:46pm On Sep 30, 2019
omenka:
You guys should stop saying this smoke thing, it doesnt make sense. There are a million ways smoke can be created without fire.
zaddy omenka kiss
Re: Former Amnesty Media Aide Clarifies Alleged N1.6bn Canoe Scandal by EngrXrix(m): 12:50pm On Sep 30, 2019
NwaorguF:
Former Amnesty Media Aide Clarifies Alleged N1.6bn Canoe Scandal

…..Says the rumour is out there to mislead people and misrepresent the facts

Following rumours of alleged N1.6bn Canoe contract Scandal rocking Presidential Amnesty Programme (PAP), the former Amnesty Media Aide, Mr. Wabiye Idoniboyeobu has considered it necessary to clear the air surrounding it to set the record straight.

Wabiye in a statement made available to journalists today in Port Harcourt, Rivers State stressed that he has been hounded to say something concerning the recent drama surrounding the activities of the Presidential Amnesty Programme.

Excerpt of the statement:

So I've been hounded to say something concerning the recent drama surrounding the activities of the Presidential Amnesty Programme.

Yes, I was the Media Consultant there; but my contract ended two years ago. So I can't speak on their behalf anymore. But as an Ijaw son and a proud Kalabari man, I can stand and defend the truth! So some people will allow me rest too.

Some of you have heard rumours of the #4, 000,000 million canoe contracts. I will simply say the rumour is out there to mislead people and misrepresent the facts. I want to try and answer some unasked questions. To make this easy, I will list out some questions and answer them.

1. What is the N4M stated in the contract for?

Answer: The #4, 000, 000 million is the amount of money (Tax Inclusive) given to the CONSULTANT to EMPOWER each BENEFICIARY. Tax in Federal Consultancy Contracts is 5% Vat and 10% WHT. That’s 15% in total. So the actual sum per delegate is #3.4 million

2. What does the empowerment entail?

Answer: The empowerment is broken into bits. There is the Refresher Course, where the beneficiaries are given titbits about the trade and regular entrepreneurship lectures. This takes about one to two weeks. In this period the beneficiaries would be lodged in hotels and catered for.

After that comes the Land/Store Acquisition. Since the empowerment is expected to be permanent, you are given a space, to have as your base.

Then comes the actual empowerment which takes only a fraction of the awarded sum. The empowerment includes office setup with furnishing and stationery provided; Business Registration with CAC; and the starter pack, which the attached description doc will breakdown for you. The Fiber Fishing Boat is just an Item on that list.

After the empowerment there is a three months Mentorship period, which must be completed before final payments are made.

3. How much of the money is used to purchase the boat?

Answer: After enquiries I found out that 400, 000 thousand naira is the officially approved cost for that item. You can do your research and get your figures, but I think it is fair.

4. Has the contractor been paid?

Answer: No! I gathered that the policy in the office now allows payments for "job done" only. Meaning you must have completed the job to an extent before you will be paid for the part you have done.

Wabiye noted that he has answered four basic questions, adding that “he hope it helps.

“I take it as a responsibility to clarify issues like this. Especially when I understand the facts,” the former media aide declared.

It’s a pity that people actually peddled this a fraud. The guy that peddled this news first on twitter got the bashing of his life why? Because he failed to read. There is no scam in the contract if you know what it means to execute government contracts. I know the company that did the project. It’s a reputable company that builds boats in delta state. Not everything is fraud damn it. You pple shud read first before you peddle an information as fraud.

2 Likes

Re: Former Amnesty Media Aide Clarifies Alleged N1.6bn Canoe Scandal by yaki84: 1:36pm On Sep 30, 2019
EngrXrix:

It’s a pity that people actually peddled this a fraud. The guy that peddled this news first on twitter got the bashing of his life why? Because he failed to read. There is no scam in the contract if you know what it means to execute government contracts. I know the company that did the project. It’s a reputable company that builds boats in delta state. Not everything is fraud damn it. You pple shud read first before you peddle an information as fraud.
400k for wooden boat without engine, bros which fraud pass that one?

1 Like

Re: Former Amnesty Media Aide Clarifies Alleged N1.6bn Canoe Scandal by jchioma: 1:40pm On Sep 30, 2019
Kwarruption!

See the unfortunate wooden canoes that were bought out for N400K.

Can't we get anything right in this country?

And to think that they tallied everything up to sum the preconceived N4m.

Chai.
Re: Former Amnesty Media Aide Clarifies Alleged N1.6bn Canoe Scandal by EngrXrix(m): 2:59pm On Sep 30, 2019
yaki84:

Look at that picture very closely. Does that look like fishing boats without engines? U sef join for the problem.
Re: Former Amnesty Media Aide Clarifies Alleged N1.6bn Canoe Scandal by EngrXrix(m): 3:02pm On Sep 30, 2019
yaki84:

Look at that picture very closely. Does that look like fishing boats without engines? Even the dossier tendered for the training included Yamaha outboard engine and trust me when I say those engines don’t come cheap. If they were cheap then carjackers won’t have to steal Camry 2.2 and sell off their engines to be use as boat engines. Come on guys, read gaddamnit.

(1) (Reply)

Is It True That Ghana Kicked Nigerians Out Of Their Country Before Nigeria Did? / Fashola Calls For Competent Public Servants / Nigeria Will Rather Sink Than Osibanjo Becoming President - Waziri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.