Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State (10214 Views)

Edo State Government Releases New Emergency Numbers (112 & 739) / Senate Passes 112 Toll-Free National Emergency Number, Awaiting Buhari’s Assent / Akwa Ibom State Government Commissions New Emergency Operations Center (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by laurel03(m): 6:08am On Oct 01, 2019
Exc2000:

Ajimobi once paid 13 months salary, before his rascality started showing.... I hope to see Mr Makinde get Busy with Real Governance and let see concrete infrastrucures springing up
seriously the man never ready for real govt...
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by olaniyilukman(m): 6:18am On Oct 01, 2019
Switruth:
Good one there but I pray the emergency number works. He is not the first person to initiate this. Even the entire Nigeria security structure anytime they bring out emergency numbers it doesn’t work. Good one there.
The emergency number works perfectly. I just confirmed the authenticity of the number
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by olaniyilukman(m): 6:20am On Oct 01, 2019
Mayflowa:
State response is faster and more effective. Going forward, Nigeria should start thinking of having State police and Local government police. I do not understand why we would continue to hold on to strategy that has failed. No development without security. Approve State Police!
Thanks for the enlightenment bro, no state can develop where there is no security...
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by nairalee(m): 6:33am On Oct 01, 2019
This is a step in the right direction. I've been waiting for this for years. I'm so impressed. Hope other states follow suit
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by Exponental(m): 6:34am On Oct 01, 2019
seunmohmoh:
Let see how it goes. No be Nigeria?
dont be negative... Lagos has it. It's working fine. I personally have used it and the response was superb.
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by Nobody: 6:35am On Oct 01, 2019
abkrgumel:

This happened everywhere even in states. The dispatchers are trained to detect this and fined those who do it unless they are little

Hey! We talking about numbers here. How many would do that in those countries compared to Nigeria.

I attended uniben, uni in Germany and Canada. Being to hosts of countries. But uniben washroom was a mystery to me. The cleaners will take their time to clean it, but after 30 secs, ur guess is as good as mine. But these were not really common in any of those countries i have being.

Bottom line, naija crase get level. 4get mata
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 01, 2019
correctguy0900:
Watch as imbe abuse da number. A supposed sane human will be dialling and playing with the number and therefore jeopardising the real serious callers.

I think 40% of Nigerians got some mental sha.

True, some coconuts will still prank the number.
The best option is to track prank callers and: 1)either fine them seriously or 2)maybe let them spend one or two nights in prison.

In America, prank calling the 911 is an offense. It should be made so in Nigeria too.

1 Like

Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by Chukapage(m): 6:38am On Oct 01, 2019
AgreatMan:

He already approved the acquisition of 100 Kia vehicles at 8.3 million each. The contract was all in the papers, no contract inflation.

Secondly, all SW governor's will contribute 20 armored vehicle for security in the region.

All workers are paid on 25th. Last time I was on the radio and passing through ibadan, the issue of minimum wage was being discussed. The popular opinion of the people was like "you know what, maybe this 30k is a huge burden on you, just keep paying us at 25th."

And why should any sane human buy an innoson?
1. A vehicle with no history of reliability. 2. Innoson has not released a single video of his car in a crash test.
3. No safety rating.
4. No guarantee that the airbag will deploy in a crash.
5. Marketing is non existent.
6. I can even bet the cars probably don't come with a warranty or free servicing for 5 years.

Give innoson 10 years, let's see how he will perform, after all Rome was not built in a day.

You don't insult or blackmail people into buying your product. Why should anyone buy innoson just for patriotism?

What's so special about 100 days in office that each governor now needs to roll out the drums?

see this ignorant human being ,but you will scream "Unemployment" "Buhari"! "Good luck Jonathan"! How the FG can't provide jobs and how joblessness has caused insecurity but you will because of your dirty stinking tribalism tear down your own indigenous industries. That is Buhari was correct when he said the youths were LAZY INFACT YOU ARE MENTALLY LAZY. So how will there be jobs if local manufacturers are not patronized let me ask you? Or maybe when all the entrepreneurs goes to China to manufacture or import how will there be jobs? You thought you were being tribalistic and hateful but in reality you are shooting yourself on the leg. Even China you will run to ,to import today if you see the money started small believing and using there own products even when the world and LOSERS like you were calling them INFERIOR AND FAKE! Today can your country match them? The answer is a big NO! You people should try and be enlightened oooo .Your opinions on that Innoson is inconsequential because every day people patronize him even the Federal Government and sensible Nigerians so keep waiting for his downfall in the Next 10years because guy you go old oooo infact with this mentality of pull another man down ,From now to 10years time you will not own even a Tyre of your own because you hate good things and good things can never come the way of people like you. Na Buhari now I dey pity because na him go chop the blame of your own failure.
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by Nobody: 6:40am On Oct 01, 2019
Binikingdowm:
70% of Nigerians have mental problem

Ok. Was just trying to be nice with figures. Have being to many other places, havenot seen people with such malicious acts of destroying public utilities as naija pipo.

Even when such is fenced with irons, somebody will go there either with stealing intent or just to destroy it for others. I have countless examples of such public utilities.
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by TheAlchemist: 6:48am On Oct 01, 2019
Mayflowa:
State response is faster and more effective. Going forward, Nigeria should start thinking of having State police and Local government police. I do not understand why we would continue to hold on to strategy that has failed. No development without security. Approve State Police!

The Vice President Osinbajo is also an adherent supporter for the creation of State Police, sadly the President is not interested.
Information gathering at the grass root is fundamental to building a safe and secure environment, the foundation needs to be solid.
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by slegerman(m): 6:52am On Oct 01, 2019
Good idea, wrong move... Why can't they adopt 112. In a sane country, there should be a National Emergency Number and not one for each states. If every state is require to have their own emergency numbers, we would end up with 37 including one for the FCT. Now tell me, is this how people with brains operates? 37 Emergency Numbers
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by adenigga(m): 6:56am On Oct 01, 2019
Exc2000:
grin

Joke of the century

Police station in the state dont have opreational vehicles, in NewGbagi Egbeda Police Station, if you need the services of a police in your area, you have to pay them money to chater micra or taxi before they would come

Each serious Governor buys patrol vehicles for the police as part of their hundred days in office and comitment to secuirity, makinde didnt buy even keke marwa for them, now he has brought a new clout chasing scam number to get his Online Dunce talking..

He should first buy the police atleast innosun vehicles like other PDP governors and stop chasing cheap attention with petty strategy

That's where the problem lies, a Federal agent - police, expecting State government to be responsible for their welfare and emergency occurred, it is IGP not d governor, they will take orders from. STATE POLICE the answer. I rest my case!!!
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by ussv: 7:01am On Oct 01, 2019
Why is his face very black in the picture ? Maybe he uses dudu osun soap.
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by Exc2000: 7:06am On Oct 01, 2019
adenigga:

That's where the problem lies, a Federal agent - police, expecting State government to be responsible for their welfare and emergency occurred, it is IGP not d governor, they will take orders from. STATE POLICE the answer. I rest my case!!!

Not disputing your submission on state policing, however Governors can utilise their monthly seciurity votes to complement FG's effort pending the time we can have state police

1 Like

Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by Oothman(m): 7:08am On Oct 01, 2019
Exc2000:
grin

Joke of the century

Police station in the state dont have opreational vehicles, in NewGbagi Egbeda Police Station, if you need the services of a police in your area, you have to pay them money to chater micra or taxi before they would come

Each serious Governor buys patrol vehicles for the police as part of their hundred days in office and comitment to secuirity, makinde didnt buy even keke marwa for them, now he has brought a new clout chasing scam number to get his Online Dunce talking..

He should first buy the police atleast innosun vehicles like other PDP governors and stop chasing cheap attention with petty strategy

You are right bro. I stay around that environment. Akingbade
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by bizhop01: 7:12am On Oct 01, 2019
I can't forget my experienced with emergency number when i was in need,
On Your Own
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by Exc2000: 7:19am On Oct 01, 2019
AgreatMan:

He already approved the acquisition of 100 Kia vehicles at 8.3 million each. The contract was all in the papers, no contract inflation.

Secondly, all SW governor's will contribute 20 armored vehicle for security in the region.

All workers are paid on 25th. Last time I was on the radio and passing through ibadan, the issue of minimum wage was being discussed. The popular opinion of the people was like "you know what, maybe this 30k is a huge burden on you, just keep paying us at 25th."

1. A vehicle with no history of reliability. 2. Innoson has not released a single video of his car in a crash test.
3. No safety rating.
6. I can even bet the cars probably don't come with a warranty or free servicing for 5 years.

Give innoson 10 years, let's see how he will perform, after all Rome was not built in a day.

You don't insult or blackmail people into buying your product. Why should anyone buy innoson just for patriotism?

What's so special about 100 days in office that each governor now needs to roll out the drums?

Hope you understand the Kia cars are to be distributed to top civil servants in the state and not for policing

And The 20 Armoured vehicles are for Forest guard initiatives of DAWN commision, so this brings me to ask you a simple question

Which Opreational Vehicle does Makinde intend for emergency response team to drive?

Are you aware when Fashola started the 112 lagos emergency toll free.. he initiated the plan with a full purchase of several Ambulances and Police squad cars, he created response point all across lagos and fully built a joint force coman center..
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by Omenkata: 7:27am On Oct 01, 2019
[s]
Exc2000:

Not disputing your submission on state policing, however Governors can utilise their monthly seciurity votes to complement FG's effort pending the time we can have state police
[/s]
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 01, 2019
Oga pay September pensions cheesy cheesy
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by Omenkata: 7:44am On Oct 01, 2019
[s]
Exc2000:
grin

Joke of the century

[/s]
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by Omenkata: 7:48am On Oct 01, 2019
[s]
Exc2000:

Ajimobi once paid 13 months salary, before his rascality started showing.... I hope to see Mr Makinde get Busy with Real Governance and let see concrete infrastrucures springing up
[/s]
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by mercyviv(f): 7:51am On Oct 01, 2019
The most important thing is that the number is toll free,however, for an effective emergency operation, Oyo should consider bolstering his emergency agency with state of the art tools and kits, plus helicopters.
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by Omenkata: 7:54am On Oct 01, 2019
[s]
Exc2000:

Hope you understand the Kia cars are to be distributed to top civil servants in the state and not for policing

And The 20 Armoured vehicles are for Forest guard initiatives of DAWN commision, so this brings me to ask you a simple question

Which Opreational Vehicle does Makinde intend for emergency response team to drive?

Are you aware when Fashola started the 112 lagos emergency toll free.. he initiated the plan with a full purchase of several Ambulances and Police squad cars, he created response point all across lagos and fully built a joint force coman center..

[/s]
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by Stillthebest: 8:05am On Oct 01, 2019
AgreatMan:

All workers are paid on 25th. Last time I was in the radio and passing through ibadan, the issue of minimum wage was being discussed. The popular opinion of the people was like "you know what, maybe this 30k is a huge burden on you, just keep paying us at 25th."

3. No safety rating.

The Bolded: What's so special about 100 days on office mantra? The tenet of leadership is vast and transcends to four years tenure in Nigeria. Using 100 days as a yardstick of measurement for performance has always been a scam. Who even came up with such parallel idea!

I want to see a Gov. that performs all round. Sadly, most graduates in Nigeria are not real graduates and can't think out of box but always follow crowds. I love the Bolded.
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by micxwell(m): 8:08am On Oct 01, 2019
Exc2000:
grin

Joke of the century

Lol, your write up is on Twitter already...
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by micxwell(m): 8:15am On Oct 01, 2019
abkrgumel:
Good but why
Why different number than default 112
So someone from Enugu visit Oyo for the first time how can he know 615
Lol.. Just like the way we safety officers do safety induction for visitors entering our plant/site for the first time to get them acquainted with the safety and emergency response procedures; a visitor to the State should be mandated to get emergency call numbers and other info too. I doubt if this can work though but that's the way it should be....
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by Switruth: 8:20am On Oct 01, 2019
olaniyilukman:

The emergency number works perfectly. I just confirmed the authenticity of the number
. The confirmation alone is an abuse. Lol. grin grin grin
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by Tundeobama(m): 8:28am On Oct 01, 2019
GSM governor
Kindly order for your pant trousers Europe designers like farah,george,mark spencer etc very Affordable just 1500,delivered to all part of NigeriA and West Africa.click my profile for my whatapps contact
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by femarse: 8:38am On Oct 01, 2019
correctguy0900:
Watch as imbe abuse da number. A supposed sane human will be dialling and playing with the number and therefore jeopardising the real serious callers.

I think 40% of Nigerians got some mental sha.

stop making it a problem , thousands of people dial 911 for pranks in the US. everyday ,
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by Nobody: 8:42am On Oct 01, 2019
Thr will never use numbers dah somebody will easily remember, no be only 615 na 619 awon ray mysterio
Re: Oyo Govt, NCC Launches '615' As New Emergency Number In Oyo State by praz001(m): 9:11am On Oct 01, 2019
[quote author=Exc2000 post=82727211]

The best governor so far....
112, 911 767...
I used the 911 then for complains at iba and it function really good. The responses was also swift....

yes 911 in lagos

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra 2021: Jude Okeke Led APGA Clears Chuckwuma Umeoji For Primary / Osinbajo Wants More Done To End Open Defecation In Nigeria / Fayemi Pays Tributes To Late Alaafin, Oba Adeyemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.