Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? (19143 Views)

God Said Thou Shalt Not Kill But He Ordered People To Kill / Dont Feel Sorry For People In War Torn Countries / Why Call Pastors "Father" When The Bible Says We Should Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? by kosasly(m): 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2016
Make I park here read comments B-)
Re: God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 27, 2016
jonbellion:
lol jesus died for himself. You're an African how does a death in the middle east concern you
This his how they came to enslave your ancestors and started preaching to them Ephesians 6:5
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with
deep respect and fear. Serve them
sincerely as you would serve Christ
Who asked the dude to be going around proclaiming nonsense about him being God in the streets of Palestine with his stoner crew
Jesus was raised a carpenter, got Introduced to weed and started proclaiming bullshit
He was killed on the very same wood he spent his life trying to understand
If he does come back we'll beat his Jewish ass again smiley
Get behind me and say no more !
Re: God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? by ogaprime(m): 3:43pm On Nov 27, 2016
ednut1:
the very day u begin to apply logic to religion, ur drifting to atheism niyen. focus on how to do good nd how u will enter heaven. all this questions no fit epp person

Bror, for this comment, please accept the gift of psalm 23:6 from me. Thanks
Re: God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? by jonbellion(m): 3:43pm On Nov 27, 2016
lady2lady:
Get behind me and say no more !
lol

1 Like

Re: God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? by lordcenred(m): 3:46pm On Nov 27, 2016
God encourages killing during real war as long as the killed is a rival
Re: God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? by lomprico(m): 3:49pm On Nov 27, 2016
SEA:
angry
Trully,God says we must not kill and I strongly belief but how would a soldier cope at the war front when he has no option thann to kill?

Did God not command killing?
How did isreal posses d promise land?

Very silly question undecided
Re: God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? by Raphafire101: 3:49pm On Nov 27, 2016
Atheists all over Nairaland.....this place is not as safe as I thought.
Re: God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? by QuietHammer(m): 3:50pm On Nov 27, 2016
afternysc:
[size=18pt]ONLY THOSE WITH OBJECTIVITY AND INSIGHT WILL UNDERSTAND MY WORDS. TRUE CHRISTIANS, LOVE YOUR ENEMIES, NOT KILL 'EM.[/size]

That sounds strange and unpalatable. But they are true. Narrow is the way to life, and only few will find it.

Contact me if you want to learn more. Life has meaning and purpose, and can be enjoyed.
Stop typing rubbish.
Re: God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? by lomprico(m): 3:50pm On Nov 27, 2016
lordcenred:

Who created d rival? ....satan or zeus or some other god? undecided
Re: God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? by JeremyA2G(m): 3:50pm On Nov 27, 2016
GossipHeart:

Who is that your imaginary God ??

When did he tell you that ??

Who wrote that Bible you've been reading ?? God ?? I guess he wrote the Bible and gave it to the mailman to go give it to the world ??

The same God that killed everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah ??

The same God that killed every first born in Egypt, innocent kids that did nothing to him ( Exodus 12:29)

The same God that killed 500,000 innocent Israelites (2 chronicle 13:15-18)

The same God that killed 14,000 people for complaining that he keeps killing them (Numbers 16:41-49)

The same God that had 42 children mauled by bears (2 Kings 2:23-24)

The same God that slaughtered a whole Tribe and their virgins for not showing up at a role call (Judges 21:1-23)

The same God that helped Samson kill innocent 40 men just because Samson lost his bet (Judges 14:11-19)

The same God that killed a man for not having sex with his brother's wife (Genesis 38:9-10)

This is the reason i will continue to love and respect white people, look at what only one white guy did to the whole world, they got the whole world thinking and believing that there is someone called God and Jesus

Heaven is a scam

Hell is a scam

Jesus is a scam

God is a scam

Religion is a scam

If you don't believe then just keep silent and don't abuse people who believe....you must be able to respect peoples opinion as a mature adult.
Re: God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? by lomprico(m): 3:52pm On Nov 27, 2016
JeremyA2G:
If you don't believe then just keep silent and don't abuse people who believe....you must be able to respect peoples opinion as a mature adult.

He only quoted ur bible! undecided

1 Like

Re: God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? by QuietHammer(m): 3:52pm On Nov 27, 2016
adelee777:

a christian is not supposed to join a military or combat service. A christian is not supposed to defend any nation because we are not of dis world. Killing of a human in any form does not depict love, which is d basis of christianity. D church is a universal body dat cuts across nationality and denomination. Christ gave us a commandment to love one another. Is it proper for a christian in d nigerian army to shoot a christian in d ghanaian army all in d name of defending a so-called fatherland?
Rubbish. Why not just commit suicide or look for someone to kill you so you can go enjoy your heaven
Re: God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? by sesaan(m): 3:53pm On Nov 27, 2016
keep on deceiving urselfs ... where is god??
Re: God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? by Listening(m): 3:55pm On Nov 27, 2016
Ecclesiastes 3:3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up
Sometimes I just check front page nd I see BS especially by the ignorant atheists...u say Christianity is a fraud, aii. Now OP what you just said, did you read this verse in the Bible before you came here posting shii?! I don't think so... Next time, ask Google your questions not nairalanders. Some of the so called atheists r brilliant AF but many are just blind n ignorant coming up with shii like there's no God grin
My personal opinion is that y'all are scared. Scared of every single time someone reasonable says END TIME!!! and gives you spooky quotes from The Holy Bible.. You know, like za revelations
Long story short, y'all need Jesus grin
Re: God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? by tosin1570(m): 3:56pm On Nov 27, 2016
Killing one to save many is absolutely fine by me.
Re: God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? by sirfee(m): 3:56pm On Nov 27, 2016
iyke926:
Thou shalt not kill doesn't apply when you have a clear headshot from the scope of your Remington XM2010 sniper rifle to burst open the brains of a terrorist/terrorists with bomb trying kill innocent humans. Infact, God will give you a duplex with unlimited Dstv and Wi-Fi access in heaven for pulling the trigger.

Thou shalt not kill doesn't apply when some mou'fvckers are trying to put you 6 feets under.

Thing is, apply your common sense in this life.
No comment you've said it all

1 Like

Re: God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? by yusufu16: 4:03pm On Nov 27, 2016
lordcenred:

The same God said the battle is mine. He will fight your enemies for you
Re: God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? by Shafiiimran99: 4:05pm On Nov 27, 2016
It means don't kill who does not deserve to be killed
Re: God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? by BlackBaron: 4:05pm On Nov 27, 2016
yusufu16:

And God said the battle is mine.
As you fight spiritual battles, you'll also fight physical battles. It's like you have a security guard at the place of work or home. There's a verse in Mark that talks about the strongman coming to knock down and plunder your house because there was no one strong enough to fight him.

BH has laid desolation to swathes of land in the NE. People have to push and beat them back else you won't be here typing. At the end of the day, you can theoretically choose to some extent what department to serve if not comfortable with frontline duty.
Re: God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 27, 2016
GossipHeart:

Who wrote that Bible you've been reading ?? God ?? I guess he wrote the Bible and gave it to the mailman to go give it to the world ??

The same God that killed every first born in Egypt, innocent kids that did nothing to him ( Exodus 12:29)

The same God that killed 14,000 people for complaining that he keeps killing them (Numbers 16:41-49)

The same God that slaughtered a whole Tribe and their virgins for not showing up at a role call (Judges 21:1-23)

The same God that helped Samson kill innocent 40 men just because Samson lost his bet (Judges 14:11-19)

The same God that killed a man for not having sex with his brother's wife (Genesis 38:9-10)

This is the reason i will continue to love and respect white people, look at what only one white guy did to the whole world, they got the whole world thinking and believing that there is someone called God and Jesus

Heaven is a scam

Hell is a scam

Jesus is a scam

God is a scam

Religion is a scam

Buhahaha grin.....my bro me my self done tire...Religion is the biggest scam,the white man gave us cheesy grin
Re: God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? by Listening(m): 4:13pm On Nov 27, 2016
sesaan:
keep on deceiving urselfs ... where is god??
Don't worry, He's coming....soon hahahahahahahaha
P.S. that was an evil laugh grin
Re: God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? by Litmus: 4:19pm On Nov 27, 2016
Wasn't the Ark a portal for God's war-angels to visit men's battlefields? Was there not a rank among the angels dedicated to war? I'm not sure but it seems there is some sort of dispensation for soldiers in Christianity - but I'm not up to speed on the philosophy.
Re: God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? by davibid: 4:20pm On Nov 27, 2016
[s]
GossipHeart:

Heaven is a scam

Hell is a scam

Jesus is a scam

God is a scam

Religion is a scam

[/s]

Only fools says there's no God

God created the world, including you

If you don't like it go and...

Re: God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? by JeremyA2G(m): 4:41pm On Nov 27, 2016
lomprico:

He only quoted ur bible! undecided
he rephrased my bible and changed the meaning
Re: God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? by augustine: 4:51pm On Nov 27, 2016
SEA:
angry
Trully,God says we must not kill and I strongly belief but how would a soldier cope at the war front when he has no option than to kill?
(Ecclesiastes 3. vs. 1,3 & 8.) There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven...A time to kill and a time to heal... A time to love and a time to hate. A time for war and a time peace.

1 Like

Re: God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? by Tobycharles: 4:54pm On Nov 27, 2016
GossipHeart:

Heaven is a scam

Hell is a scam

Jesus is a scam

God is a scam

Religion is a scam

Let someone refute ds claims with a well grounded biblical interpretation.
Re: God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? by dboss444: 4:54pm On Nov 27, 2016
afternysc:

Thats my point. The war at ARMAGEDDON will not be fought by mortals or using mortal weapons.

[size=18pt]TRUE CHRISTIANS do not kill fellow humans[/size] they are supposed to be saving. Shikenna. Jesus is their role model.

true Christians don't kill. Christianity means Christ like so David jousha moses Daniel etc were not Christians cos they did not meet Christ physically(though they spoke abt him). it is peter Paul john etc that were Christians cos they lived with christ. if that is what you are saying you are 100% correct.

1 Like

Re: God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? by deflover(m): 4:57pm On Nov 27, 2016
God didn't say thou shall not kill
the original Hebrew bible which that was translated from says thou shall not commit murder

killing can be justified by law
but murder is out of hate or jealousy
Re: God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? by Ododoeye0020(m): 4:58pm On Nov 27, 2016
GossipHeart:

Heaven is a scam

Hell is a scam

Jesus is a scam

God is a scam

Religion is a scam

HELLO MAN KINDLY VISIT NEARBY PSYCHIATRIST HOSPITAL PLEASE
Re: God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? by mmsen: 5:01pm On Nov 27, 2016
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

Who gave then permission to become a "PROFESSIONAL SOLDIER?"

Such a person has FORFEITED THEIR SOUL- period!

When World Heavyweight Boxing Champion Boxer, CASSIUS CLAY could not be defeated by any White man- inferior genes, you see- they DRAFTED him to fight in the VIETNAM WAR.

He said: "WHY?"

They threatened him with the removal of his title, and JAIL for refusing to become a Soldier against people who NEVER did HIM any harm.

So they stripped him of his title, and jailed him.

If American Blacks were INTELLIGENT, they should have BOYCOTTED EVERYTHING WHITE!

Then, people were SURPRISED that he CONVERTED TO ISLAM!

Being a xtian is indeed retarded but being a muslim is just as stupid.
Re: God Says We Should Not Kill, But How Will A Professional Soldier Cope In War? by mengho(m): 5:14pm On Nov 27, 2016
2007, d op don move on with his life, no point answering

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lethebo Rabalago Uses Insecticide To 'Heal' Church Members / Is It A Sin / Is A Prayerless Christian Really A Powerless Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.