Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,168 members, 7,829,179 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids (30672 Views)

Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? / Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation / Is It Normal That I Don't Want To Get Married Or Have Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by mzhorlah(f): 3:14pm On Oct 10, 2019
Sarmiz24:
So children are third party??
Lol I laff for swahili

we are entitled to our individual opinions sir

1 Like

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by fergieboy: 3:15pm On Oct 10, 2019
After 2years
Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Ugosample(m): 3:15pm On Oct 10, 2019
mzhorlah:

grin grin grin grin plan that will be made before saying the vows grin grin grin, I cannot bring them here to suffer mbok

That's more like it
Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 10, 2019
Many people who are commenting aren't being objective.

Ask any married person and they will tell you that adjusting to married life takes some effort. Marriage isn't something that happened in a day. You have to gradually adjust to the quirks and peculiarities of your spouse.

Before having babies, you both should be in tango emotionally. Having a baby tends to share the affection from two into three.

Also, finances MUST be considered. You must understand the financial implications of having a child. If you don't have a child yet, you and your spouse can still "manage" yourselves . You can't "manage" a baby/parenthood.

What if your wife has to undergo Cesarian operation? That's about #150k for childbirth alone. We've not discussed ante-natal, baby clothes (which must be changed maybe every month or two), baby food, baby diaper, school fees when the time comes, and the overall responsibility of training a child properly.

Don't go into something you're not prepared for.
A friend decided with her husband to wait for three years...yes, three years before she got pregnant and they have a beautiful baby now. TheyreT doing very fine.

If you're not thoroughly prepared, enjoy your spouse for now.

Modified: I just heard toys are very expensive too.

Think and plan well before plunging into the decision to give birth early .You see people who are pressuring you - mothers, friends, general talkatives - they won't be around when you're thinking of how to pay school fees.

Now imagine if you give birth to TWINS! Those things I wrote, multiply them conveniently by TWO. You'll understand that responsibility isn't for children.

TRIPLETS nko? I cannot even begin to can .God works in wonderful ways!

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Divay22(f): 3:16pm On Oct 10, 2019
2 years cheesy cheesy grin
He should pls stay off me until am ready tongue
Lemme enjoy my marriage before their distraction

1 Like

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 10, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

Advantage
It is always good to stay for a year with your bride before getting her pregnant. This gives you the opportunity to properly enjoy each other sexually and interactively. You will have enough time to extend the fun of courtship into marriage before the stress and distraction that comes with children.

Disadvantage
The contraceptives taken to avoid pregnancy takes a while to wear off. This can invariably cause you stress when you are ready to take in. So be prepared.

Richdad

Bleep for one year, after that you get married.
Instead of marrying and waiting for one year.

For me marriage is because of having children.

1 Like

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by MrNipplesLover(m): 3:17pm On Oct 10, 2019
your wife supposed don carry Belle like 4-5months before marriage Naaah!

which kind quecion be this?

2 Likes

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by akdjr(m): 3:17pm On Oct 10, 2019
Give her belle before you say for better for worse
Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by dave4rella(m): 3:18pm On Oct 10, 2019
grin
At the changing room before the reception starts

1 Like

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Amarisa(f): 3:18pm On Oct 10, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

Advantage
It is always good to stay for a year with your bride before getting her pregnant. This gives you the opportunity to properly enjoy each other sexually and interactively. You will have enough time to extend the fun of courtship into marriage before the stress and distraction that comes with children.

Disadvantage
The contraceptives taken to avoid pregnancy takes a while to wear off. This can invariably cause you stress when you are ready to take in. So be prepared.

Richdad

On point.I and hubby decided to wait for a year,initially I didn't agree..lol..on the month of our one year anniversary,I took in..now she's here,our lives has changed..our third anniversary was last month,I'm pregnant again..cheesy ..

It all depends on the individuals involved..I didn't take any contraceptive during the one year period..

9 Likes

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by capitalzero: 3:19pm On Oct 10, 2019
donstan18:
I don't know for women, but I strongly believe that children are one of the major reasons why most men settle down.

Reason the day a man becomes a father is more memorable than his wedding day.

So I think it's proper not to wait for anything before making babies, especially these days where 70% of slay queens are womb-less. Start immediately to help you know if you married a fertile woman or not.

In fact, any lady that fails to take in at most, 2 months after wedding should be questioned or sent packing.

what about men with no or zero sperms? They should hang themselves?

2 Likes

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Tonymario58: 3:19pm On Oct 10, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

Advantage

Disadvantage

Richdad
What if the man dies along the enjoyment corridor wherefore he married for children.

1 Like

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by obalola007(m): 3:20pm On Oct 10, 2019
It depends on the party involved
Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Biskemi: 3:20pm On Oct 10, 2019
Wait for at least a year to get to know one another very well emphasis on each others shortcomings and deal breakers. Before bringing kids into the setting.
Just in case you realise you both are not compatible. You can walk away without complications.
Even for those that are compatible it gives them time to enjoy one another's company because when children come along its a full time job oh no break whatsoever.
Asides children it gives them enough time to construct their life in a direction they look forward to.

2 Likes

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by bleskid: 3:22pm On Oct 10, 2019
kpata kpata one yr
Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by ufotty2001: 3:22pm On Oct 10, 2019
why not ask davido ... anytime is suitable forget about religion .. even before marriage is ok to me

1 Like

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by coldFLARES1(m): 3:23pm On Oct 10, 2019
Though I cannot claim to speak for others, I think, for guys (like me then) whose friends have started having their families, the plan to start one was estimated for 6 months after our wedding, after we may have defrayed a sizeable chunk of the wedding 'Igbese'.

But according to God's account pregnancy came 3 months earlier and every other thing fell into place.

If money dey, and baring other encumbrances , e good to start straight up after wedding. Nonetheless, God has the final say because some got wedded and had to be constrained to wait 17yrs thereafter to start a family.

1 Like

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Okuda(m): 3:23pm On Oct 10, 2019
Tela101:
First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes baby in the baby carriage.

When a couple gets married, they are almost always faced with the inevitable pester from friends and family:

So when are you having kids? The older you are, the more pressing the question seems to be. Ticktock, ticktock.

So, what do you guys think?

For those that followed due process...

whatever furckin rocks your boat!
Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by highbee02: 3:23pm On Oct 10, 2019
SoftP:
Too many funny and drunken questions here on nairaland.

I'm sure very soon, some body will ask; How can i s*x my wife

&offcourse, we have too many MOD's who takes delight in pushing trashy to FP

U must be a chain smoker with this your meme, lo
Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Richdad50(m): 3:25pm On Oct 10, 2019
Thank you Amarisa
Amarisa:

On point. I and hubby decided to wait for a year,initially I didn't agree..lol..on the month of our one year anniversary,I took in..now she's here,our lives has changed..our third anniversary was last month,I'm pregnant again..cheesy ..

It all depends on the individuals involved..I didn't take any contraceptive during the one year period..

3 Likes

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by mercyviv(f): 3:26pm On Oct 10, 2019
As long as it takes to plan for the baby's arrival and upkeep. But then 2years wait on the average is alright.
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...

1 Like

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by highbee02: 3:26pm On Oct 10, 2019
historica:
The latest trend is some men wait till their women gets pregnant before they start talking of marriage.

It's good to test run the item/ equipment u want to buy before paying

1 Like

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by TruthProphet: 3:28pm On Oct 10, 2019
jenifer007:
My brother taking in should not be delayed all because you want to enjoy yourselves as couple..The joy of marriage especially in Africa is having children.It is better you start trying immediately after marriage because you will be surprised by the time you are ready,conception might also tell you they are not ready too.

Body differs

Delay is dangerous

You do know, having a child involves planning and preparations, not just bringing a child into the world because you feel it is what you ought to do after marriage or because others are doing it. What is the state of your finance after all the spending for wedding; have you planned for school fees, health insurance and all that stuff??

2 Likes

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 10, 2019
Amarisa:

On point.I and hubby decided to wait for a year,initially I didn't agree..lol..on the month of our one year anniversary,I took in..now she's here,our lives has changed..our third anniversary was last month,I'm pregnant again..cheesy ..

Thank you!
Please educate those saying "jump in" that having a pikin is responsibility!

4 Likes

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by cococandy(f): 3:29pm On Oct 10, 2019
As long as they want. It’s a personal something.

3 Likes

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by raphy(m): 3:29pm On Oct 10, 2019
when they at bouyant enough financially to raise children then they are good to go.some. women will see there husband who is us pushing a wheel barrow they will pop 6 kids sharp sharp thinking the country will pay them salary.

they can't even allow the man to buy okoda first .

any way. am not rushing to get Married when am ready its twins I want boy and girl

3 Likes

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Vasgas: 3:29pm On Oct 10, 2019
donstan18:
I don't know for women, but I strongly believe that children are one of the major reasons why most men settle down.

So I think it's proper not to wait for anything before making babies, especially these days where 70% of slay queens are womb-less. Start immediately to help you know if you married a fertile woman or not.

In fact, any lady that fails to take in at most, 2 months after wedding should be questioned or sent packing.

Your last sentence is it an opinion or fact.

1 Like

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by BIXYBABE: 3:29pm On Oct 10, 2019
donstan18:

even if na d man get low sperm count abi

1 Like

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Vasgas: 3:30pm On Oct 10, 2019
donstan18:

You don't mean it??

1 Like

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by 12345baba(m): 3:31pm On Oct 10, 2019
Which kind yeye question be this?
Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by TruthProphet: 3:31pm On Oct 10, 2019
donstan18:

@bolded

I hope your sisters or cousins don’t happen to have issues conceiving after marriage; if they do and are sent packing, please don’t come here to ask us what to do.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mothers Please Advice A Frustrated Married Man. / My Pregnant Neighbour Has Been Restless Because She's Carrying Twin / Man Demands His Bride Price After He Found Out His Wife Is Not A Virgin,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.