Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids (30694 Views)

Should People Have A Backup Plan For Relationships? / Long Distance Marriage: How Do You Cope Married Couples In Similiar Situation / What Happens After Marriage? How Would You Advise The Unmarried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by hamid6249: 3:04pm On Oct 10, 2019
What sort of foolish question is this
Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 10, 2019
couples discretion

1 Like

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by safarigirl(f): 3:04pm On Oct 10, 2019
It is better to wait a year, if you have the time.

Kids will create a gulf between a couple unconsciously and the enjoyment will be over too quickly. Unless you can barely stand each other, and kids are the only things bringing you together, it is advisable to wait a year and get your bearings first, before inviting a third party

5 Likes

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Sarmiz24(m): 3:04pm On Oct 10, 2019
So children are third party??
Lol I laff for swahili

mzhorlah:
It depends on the individuals involved. As for me, I will enjoy my husband well before inviting any third party(babies)

5 Likes

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by flowmama: 3:05pm On Oct 10, 2019
donstan18:
I don't know for women, but I strongly believe that children are one of the major reasons why most men settle down.

Reason the day a man becomes a father is more memorable than his wedding day.

So I think it's proper not to wait for anything before making babies, especially these days where 70% of slay queens are womb-less. Start immediately to help you know if you married a fertile woman or not.

In fact, any lady that fails to take in at most, 2 months after wedding should be questioned or sent packing.

I actually liked your comment until I read your last paragraph. Had to unlike it..

Seems most of you guys are still teenagers that don't know what's up with marriage... If your daughter could not get pregnant after 2 months due to hormonal imbalance, youll tell the husband to send her packing...

Nonsense

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by nlPoster: 3:05pm On Oct 10, 2019
As long as they want.

1 Like

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Ugosample(m): 3:05pm On Oct 10, 2019
Tela101:
First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes baby in the baby carriage.

When a couple gets married, they are almost always faced with the inevitable pester from friends and family:

So when are you having kids? The older you are, the more pressing the question seems to be. Ticktock, ticktock.

So, what do you guys think?

For those that followed due process...

depends on the couple's long term plans and their financial position; and sometimes age

There is no correct answer

3 Likes

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Sarmiz24(m): 3:05pm On Oct 10, 2019
For me God time is always and will always be the best... smiley

1 Like

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by ELgordo(m): 3:06pm On Oct 10, 2019
ovoko..... we had to wait for 1 year the God blessed us with a baby boy

1 Like

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Ugosample(m): 3:06pm On Oct 10, 2019
Sarmiz24:
So children are third party?? Lol I laff for swahili
babies are actually third party
they come, grow; and LEAVE

8 Likes

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by negga4al(m): 3:07pm On Oct 10, 2019
hamid6249:
What sort of foolish question is this

Do you have an answer? No. So keep quiet and stop labeling a question foolish. You really do not have to comment.

2 Likes

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by joepepsy(m): 3:07pm On Oct 10, 2019
Wait till you both are over 50, nonsense!
Tela101:
First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes baby in the baby carriage.

When a couple gets married, they are almost always faced with the inevitable pester from friends and family:

So when are you having kids? The older you are, the more pressing the question seems to be. Ticktock, ticktock.

So, what do you guys think?

For those that followed due process...

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Didi2d(m): 3:07pm On Oct 10, 2019
This question is kind of funny,
It depends anyway, people even have kids before the marriage sef
Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Jidmic(m): 3:08pm On Oct 10, 2019
What are you waiting for? Common start making babies immediately!

1 Like

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 10, 2019
There are no universal rules that must be observed but both couples can decide even before they get married on when to start making babies while some may start same night after their wedding reception is over while others don't even plan for anything, e happen be say e don happen.

I and my wife decided even before we got married to wait for 2 years and also decided on the number of kids we will like to bring to the world which is just 1 and we sticked to our plans.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 10, 2019
I go don even download pikin put her belle before marriage... it’s just matter of counting down to delivery day

3 Likes

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Ugosample(m): 3:09pm On Oct 10, 2019
mzhorlah:
It depends on the individuals involved. As for me, I will enjoy my husband well before inviting any third party(babies)

while enjoying

remember to plan financially for the kids in future

1 Like

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by anochuko01(m): 3:09pm On Oct 10, 2019
hezy4real01:
Fire down immediately and pray God bless u
bro, "hope" alone isnt a strategy.
Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Mightyhaiz: 3:10pm On Oct 10, 2019
flowmama:

I actually liked your comment until I read your last paragraph. Had to unlike it..

Seems most of you guys are still teenagers that don't know what's up with marriage... If your daughter could not get pregnant after 2 months due to hormonal imbalance, youll tell the husband to send her packing...

Nonsense
lol,or even due to the guys low sperm count

3 Likes

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by mrkings84(m): 3:10pm On Oct 10, 2019
2 weeks!, Months, years, decades, centuries...all depend on u!

1 Like

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 10, 2019
If care is not taken I go give the girl Belle before I marry am sef

As long as say I want marry the babe I must give am Belle (that is when I have proposed oo)

If she tell me say she don carry I go go confirm weda na me get am,

If na me get am I go go marry the babe sharp sharp.(although I won't get a lady pregnant if I am not ready to marry her and care for her and our baby)

4 Likes

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Mightyhaiz: 3:10pm On Oct 10, 2019
Immediately o . Na children be this life.

1 Like

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by cerpvad(m): 3:10pm On Oct 10, 2019
It depends on the age of the couple. Some couples get marry very late 30s and mid 40s . it is advisable for such couples to hit the ground running by having their children rather than wasting time grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by TONYE001(m): 3:11pm On Oct 10, 2019
donstan18:
I don't know for women, but I strongly believe that children are one of the major reasons why most men settle down.

Reason the day a man becomes a father is more memorable than his wedding day.

So I think it's proper not to wait for anything before making babies, especially these days where 70% of slay queens are womb-less. Start immediately to help you know if you married a fertile woman or not.

In fact, any lady that fails to take in at most, 2 months after wedding should be questioned or sent packing.

My wedding day is more memorable.

1 Like

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by negga4al(m): 3:11pm On Oct 10, 2019
There are several factors to consider, important of them, I think, is age and finance. However, I think this should be a vital discussion during courtship.

1 Like

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Ugosample(m): 3:11pm On Oct 10, 2019
joepepsy:
Wait till you both are over 50, nonsense!

look at this silly comment
Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by imstillnovice: 3:11pm On Oct 10, 2019
This Op must be working in a hotel or bar.. You must be a Waiter
Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by Sterope(f): 3:12pm On Oct 10, 2019
As long as they are ready.

1 Like

Re: After Marriage, How Long Should People Wait To Have Kids by mzhorlah(f): 3:12pm On Oct 10, 2019
Ugosample:

while enjoying

remember to plan financially for the kids in future

grin grin grin grin plan that will be made before saying the vows grin grin grin, I cannot bring them here to suffer mbok

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

You Won't Have Problem With Your Mother In Law If You Follow These Steps / I'm 22 Years Old And A Burden On My Family, I'm Thinking Of Leaving Home. / Mothers Please Advice A Frustrated Married Man.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.