Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,675 members, 7,837,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Fela Supported Biafra - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fela Supported Biafra (12449 Views)

Fr Mbaka - I Never Supported Biafra / Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley / President Of France Charles Degaulle Supported Biafra Remarks He Made At A Press (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fela Supported Biafra by EzeUche0(m): 8:05pm On Nov 07, 2010
SapeleGuy:

This was yesterday:

This is today:
And this is simply priceless:

I tried o!

But too many attacks on the Igbo wore me down. Excanny predicted it.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Katsumoto: 8:30pm On Nov 07, 2010
Dede1:

What the hell will I do with your putrid mouth? Again, Fela's sisters were frolicking with the likes of Brigadier E. E. Ikwue.

And what does that have to do with the topic? Are Fela's sisters not allowed to associate with whomever they choose? I don't get your mindset; it appears that you just want to attack anything that is associated with Yoruba.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by jokobaba: 8:44pm On Nov 07, 2010
Am yet to comprehend contextual definition and use of some words, at the global level, such as "human rights", "freedom" etc. If the Igbos want a nation of their own I consider it a rape of their collective will and slavery to force them to remain in the political entity called Nigeria. I still don't understand some things about how this world works!
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Katsumoto: 8:47pm On Nov 07, 2010
To those who are alluding that since Fela did not sing a song in support of Biafra, he did not support it, you have to be aware of certain facts. During the civil war, Fela had not become a revolutionary singer. In the sixties, Fela's band was called Koola lobitos. His band changed to Africa 70 after he returned fron the US in 1970.

Everyone is aware of Fela's legacy, so I do not need to educate anyone. Anyone who tries to remove from the greatness of Fela is just being disingenuous.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 07, 2010
Dede1:

No wonder you have not amounted to anything throughout you miserable life on earth. Are you not ashamed of your dilapidate brain even to insinuate Igbo started Nigeria\Biafra war? It is only in the land of maniacal fools that declaration of independence tantamount to starting of war. What a confused dimwit.

How would your shriveled old arse know what I have or haven't achieved? If you want to play a game of my house is bigger than yours, that is one thing, but don't lump it with a vacuous war in which your arse got whipped.

Who started the Biafra war? You silly old rat.

What a stupi.d old fool. You want to unilaterally declare independence within a federation and it's not a call to war? What else could be a call to war, bloody slowpoke?
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by amazonia(m): 10:20pm On Nov 07, 2010
@ CAP28

AS much as i agreed with most of your sound
anallysis of Nigeria/Africa Geo-political situations,
i disagree with your assessments of the first coup
led by Nzeogwu. They laid a bad precedence that we
still suffer from today. Granted the election that
presceded the coup was unfair as was alleged.
However, it wasn't the duty of the military to intercede
that is the work and duty of the elections commission
and the judiciary to probe and correct the irregularities.

The only recourse for aggrieved persons like the majors,
should have been to educate the people for any subsequent
elections. So, is obvious that these young officers did not know
their duties.
After their errors of commission, they should have been court-marshalled
and summarily executed to appease the desecrated spirit of unity of the nation.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by comechop(m): 10:49pm On Nov 07, 2010
To what end my people - to what end?

We just like to drag and argue and insult eachother. So the hell what if Fela supported or didnt support Nigeria? The man is long gone and we're still in this state.

Use your energy to do something productive - instead of senseless arguments and name calling here.

/pointless topic
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by cap28: 11:34pm On Nov 07, 2010
amazonia:

@ CAP28

AS much as i agreed with most of your sound
anallysis of Nigeria/Africa Geo-political situations,
i disagree with your assessments of the first coup
led by Nzeogwu. They laid a bad precedence that we
still suffer from today. Granted the election that
presceded the coup was unfair as was alleged.
However, it wasn't the duty of the military to intercede
that is the work and duty of the elections commission
and the judiciary to probe and correct the irregularities.

The only recourse for aggrieved persons like the majors,
should have been to educate the people for any subsequent
elections. So, is obvious that these young officers did not know
their duties.
After their errors of commission, they should have been court-marshalled
and summarily executed to appease the desecrated spirit of unity of the nation.

amazonia thanks for your comments, i think you have to bear in mind the situation of the country at the time that Nzeogwu and the other majors struck.

Its very easy for us to condemn what he did but you must try and place yourself in his shoes at the time of the coup, this man was a very intelligent and upstanding individual, my only criticism of him is that he was a bit idealistic in that he felt that his co conspirators could rise above tribalism in the same way that he did.  Nzeogwu was unique in that he didnt think in terms of  tribe and he underestimated the deep hold that tribalism has on the average nigerian.  Had he succeeded you and i would have been having a totally different conversation today and my belief is that nigeria would not be in the tragic state that it is in today. 

I think it is naive to expect that the electoral commission would have been capable of remaining impartial at that time, the electoral commission would have been answerable to the colonial govt and if we are saying that the colonial govt were the ones responsible for the election rigging then it would make absolutely no sense at all to expect the electoral commission to override the authority of the colonial govt.

please have a listen to this link and you will see that the outcome of the 1959 elections had already been pre determined by the british.  The british were never going to hand over power to a southerner as we were seen as loose canons and difficult to control, the whole idea was to have a pliable puppet in place who would do as he was told.

by the way nigeria has never been a united country, it is forcefully held together by the nigerian govt because of the oil reserves in the south east.  If there were no oil reserves in the south east, the igbos would have been allowed to secede without any challenge, please try and understand that "nigeria" is a fake contraption held together not for the benefit of its indigenous people but for the benefit of the hausa fulani oligarchs and the british and american oil companies, we the nigerian people are merely pawns in the hands of these people.

here is the link alleging britain's possible involvement in the rigging of the 1959 elections, most of the information highlighting their involvement is contained in two files which are being held in the british national archives here in london and remains classified, this information will not be released to the public until 2060 when we will all be dead!!!!

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2007/aug2007/nige-a09.shtml

You can also listen to an audio account in which a former colonial officer sent to work in nigeria is consumed with guilt because of what he claims was his involvement in a tragic injustice meted out to the unwitting nigerian people:

http://maxsiollun./2009/01/21/how-the-british-rigged-nigeria/
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by AloyEmeka5: 3:17am On Nov 08, 2010
[size=14pt]What did Fela's support for Biafra do for Biafra?. Why can't Igbos celebrate men like Wole Soyinka who actually Fought for BIAFRA and not ARM CHAIR SUPPORTERS?[/size]
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by chiegemba(f): 6:17am On Nov 08, 2010
What did Fela's support for Biafra do for Biafra?. Why can't Igbos celebrate men like Wole Soyinka who actually Fought for BIAFRA and not ARM CHAIR SUPPORTERS?
Posted on: Yesterday at 11:34:13 PM
Posted by: cap28
*** not all Igbos though*** but i totally concur with u . . . wink
not quite sure wat dis arguments/ insults is all about,  Fela is long gone,  Biafra or no Biafra dats wayyyy over 2,  abeg dis topic tire person 2 read let alone d whole arguments/insults sad
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Diligence: 8:38am On Nov 08, 2010
Visioners supported Biafra and NIGERIA has nothing to be proud of, after 50 years! Electricity, pipe borne water, etc, these still dominate up campaign promises. Shame!
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by hardbody: 10:24am On Nov 08, 2010
Nwa Mazi@Poster, I hail your position on all issues raised. I seemed to have joined this thread rather late and may not have the time to read through all the posts. However, my reasearch has shown that the average Yoruba NEVER did support the Biafran dream, indeed, a Banjo was the main reason Biafra lost its surprise attack ans imminent take over of Lagos as the seat of power in teh first few weeks of the war. Had he not sold out, Nigeria (Biafra) would have been in the league of China indeed the Asian Tigers.

I want to say that what the protagonists of Biafra saw in years gone and the likes of Saro Wiwa sabotaged them are the very same reasons that Saro Wiwa and teh Ogoni 9 were killed. A little support, just a little support then, and we would have been kings and princes in our domain. Today, the Biafran dream is only what it is, 'a dream'. My kids will grow to know there was a Biafra that did not happen which if it happened, they would have had no need to travel overseas for funtional education, good infrastructure , etc because Biafra would have provided all of that in abundance.

To the rest of us, Let us see what this contraption called Nigeria will develop into or defragmentilze into, we are all living and watching.

Aro Okeigbo Mma ma Nu!!!!!
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Dede1(m): 6:30pm On Nov 08, 2010
Aigbofa:

How would your shriveled old arse know what I have or haven't achieved? If you want to play a game of my house is bigger than yours, that is one thing, but don't lump it with a vacuous war in which your arse got whipped.

Who started the Biafra war? You silly old rat.

What a stupi.d old fool. You want to unilaterally declare independence within a federation and it's not a call to war? What else could be a call to war, bloody slowpoke?

God may never allow you to grow old. You will die a sudden youthful death and you old parents, if you have any, will bury your sorry arse. By the way, what pushed a nincompoop such you to conclude that I am old?

If you are not dumb piece of dirt, I would have urged you look toward in eastern Europe where countries have declaration independence and the right thinking humans beings in Europe never regarded such act as a declaration of war.

You are so daft in articulation that your access to free air should be denied. I guess a domesticated monkey such as you should know that independence is not declared bilaterally.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by seanet02: 6:35pm On Nov 08, 2010
Dede1:

God may never allow you to grow old. You will die a sudden youthful death and you old parents, if you have any, will bury your sorry arse. By the way, what pushed a nincompoop such you to conclude that I am old?

If you are not dumb piece of dirt, I would have urged you look toward in eastern Europe where countries have declaration independence and the right thinking humans beings in Europe never regarded such act as a declaration of war.

You are so daft in articulation that your access to free air should be denied. I guess a domesticated monkey such as you should know that independence is not declared bilaterally.

it is you that will die a premature and painful death, i have always think That with time you tiny brain will grow to absorb
more than you are presently absorbing, your ranting stinks of stupidity, foolishness, madness and Unrivaled ignorance. Next time You post this type of garbage here,

The god of Thunder will strike you dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!! slowpoke
Dede or DENDE?
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 08, 2010
Dede1:

I am now more convinced then ever that imbecility is programmed in your DNA. There is nothing you can do about it.
I'm quite surprised I didn't see "conjectural crap" in your response, that seems to be your only response to everything.
Of course, you are a wrinkled old piece of shi.t, but that is besides the point.

If after all these years you've spent on this planet, you still don't know that a unilateral declaration of independence from a federation, without any agreement with other component units is tantamount to a declaration of war, then nobody can help you.

You were born stupi.d and silly you shall remain for the rest of your miserable existence.

If you want to test my hypothesis, your God Ojukwu is still alive, tell him to declare another Biafra and see what happens. Agbalagba didirin!
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Dede1(m): 6:53pm On Nov 08, 2010
seanet02:

it is you that will die a premature and painful death, i have always think That with time you tiny brain will grow to absorb
more than you are presently absorbing, your ranting stinks of stupidity, foolishness, madness and Unrivaled ignorance. Next time You post this type of garbage here,

Dede or DENDE?

If you are not moronic Aigbofa, I wish all the incoherent rants from a dirty pig such as you to befall your entire lineage.  It is only demented douche bag such as you would assume that declaration of independence is act of war and should be done bilaterally.

Sango will strike you to death!!!!!!!!!!!!! What moronic sawdust
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 08, 2010
seanet02:

Dede or DENDE?

Thank you seanet02,

Can you believe his nerve! This monkey is the most uncouth, reprobate on Nairaland. Every post is laden with curses and insults as if he has a monopoly on such behaviour.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by seanet02: 6:57pm On Nov 08, 2010
Dede1:

If you are not moronic Aigbofa, I wish all the incoherent rants from a dirty pig such as you to befall your entire lineage. It is only demented douche bag such as you would assume that declaration of independence is act of war and should done bilaterally.

if you are not so stupid, you will not accept that dende can just declare that he is independent, how can someone declare Independent when you are not practicing con-federal system of government, you are seriously ill!!!!!!
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by chyz(m): 7:02pm On Nov 08, 2010
Aigbofa:

Thank you seanet02,

Can you believe his nerve! This monkey is the most uncouth, reprobate on Nairaland. Every post is laden with curses and insults as if he has a monopoly on such behaviour.

You're thanking the pseudo-muslim when he has just committed to same thing your  ridiculing Dede1 for? You are a dodo indeed and guess seanet is your boyfriend or something.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 08, 2010
Dede1:

If you are not moronic Aigbofa, I wish all the incoherent rants from a dirty pig such as you to befall your entire lineage. It is only demented douche bag such as you would assume that declaration of independence is act of war and should done bilaterally.

May Amadioha strike your entire monkey family to smithereens!

Your passive aggressive behaviour is written all over your posts on Nairaland for everyone to see. You need to see a shrink, cause you are obviously crazy!
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 08, 2010
chyz:

You're thanking the pseudo-muslim when he has just committed to same thing your ridiculing Dede1 for? You are a dodo indeed and guess seanet is your boyfriend or something.

You are minnow, a small fish. I don't waste my time with half baked, idio.ts.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by chyz(m): 7:08pm On Nov 08, 2010
Aigbofa:

You are minnow, a small fish. I don't waste my time with half baked, idio.ts.

Sounds like you stole that line from a tv show.Korny to the T. LOL grin
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Dede1(m): 7:08pm On Nov 08, 2010
Aigbofa:

I am now more convinced then ever that imbecility is programmed in your DNA. There is nothing you can do about it.
I'm quite surprised I didn't see "conjectural crap" in your response, that seems to be your only response to everything.
Of course, you are a wrinkled old piece of shi.t, but that is besides the point.

If after all these years you've spent on this planet, you still don't know that a unilateral declaration of independence from a federation, without any agreement with other component units is tantamount to a declaration of war, then nobody can help you.

You were born stupi.d and silly you shall remain for the rest of your miserable existence.

If you want to test my hypothesis, your God Ojukwu is still alive, tell him to declare another Biafra and see what happens. Agbalagba didirin!

I can not waste my precious time crossing words with log of wood. For umpteenth time slowpoke, declaration of independence is not a subject of bilateral execution. However, undomesticated monkeys such as you would always conjure declaration of independence as an act of war. I am not surprised you have to defend the legacy of your forbearers. What a jackass. I suggest you jump off a cliff.  

May spirit of ofa pay you a visit in the middle of the night, agbaya!!!
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 08, 2010
Dede1:

I can not waste my precious time crossing words with log of wood. For umpteenth time slowpoke, declaration of independence is not a subject of bilateral execution. However, undomesticated monkeys such as you would always conjure declaration of independence as an act of war. I am not surprised you have to defend the legacy of your forbearers. What a jackass. I suggest you jump off a cliff.

I'm asking your thick skull again. Tell your God Ojukwu to try your non violent, unilateral declaration of independence and see what happens. Oloshi, Ode, Oniranu.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by seanet02: 7:12pm On Nov 08, 2010
Dede1:

so this slowpoke can speak Yoruba? who taught you this? must have been my dumb brothers in Kwara!!!!!!!!!!!

what a display of stupidity
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 08, 2010
For every insult that has been said on this thread, may those insults go back to their sender.

And for those who want to die young o, and for those who are oniranu ode o, your insults are your loads to carry. Aseee!!
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Dede1(m): 7:16pm On Nov 08, 2010
chyz:

Please do not waste time with the dullard who wallowed in a pool of idiocy and flip up an idea that suggests declaration of independence is a matter of bilateral execution. It is either the dumb arse does not know meaning of “unilateral” or the fool just wants to flaunt ignorance uncontrollably.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 08, 2010
chyz:

What T.V show? What a dunce. Do you think everyone sits in front of the T.V all day like you?
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by seanet02: 7:21pm On Nov 08, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

For every insult that has been said on this thread, may those insults go back to their sender.

And for those who want to die young o, and for those who are oniranu ode o, your insults are your loads to carry. Aseee!!
ileke, comot for this place, this does not concern you MAMA AFRICA!!!!!
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 08, 2010
Dede1:

Please do not waste time with the dullard who wallowed in a pool of idiocy and flip up an idea that suggests declaration of independence is a matter of bilateral execution. It is either the dumb arse does not know meaning of “unilateral” or the fool just wants to flaunt ignorance uncontrollably.

You are obviously the biggest dullard, because you are ignorant and refuses to acknowledge it. Go on and wallow in your stupidity with your wrinkled old arse.
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Nobody: 7:29pm On Nov 08, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Ileke-Idi, what was that about?
Re: Fela Supported Biafra by Dede1(m): 7:32pm On Nov 08, 2010
Aigbofa:

You are obviously the biggest dullard, because you are ignorant and refuses to acknowledge it. Go on and wallow in your stupidity with your wrinkled old arse.

I suggest you write what you mean and mean what you write. You can not ask a thick skull to direct you to Ojukwu. If anybody is endowed with a psychotic skull, you have proven beyond reasonable doubt you fit the description. I thought you worth the time but obviously you are incarnate of a drooling dunce.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ugwuanyi Visits Hospitalised Survivors Of Adulterated Kerosene Explosion / Rejection Of Gender Equality Bill: You Are Wrong, Itodo Tells Senate / Tinubu Holds Emergency Meeting With Organised Labour, NLC, TUC Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.