Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,097 members, 7,811,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? (3236 Views)

"Marry Me Or I Die"— Lady Faints "Repeatedly" On A Busy Road In Lagos (Photos) / I Feel So Much Guilt …I Committed Abortion To Punish Him / 8 Ways To Punish Girls Who Come On A Date With Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by EFULEFU1(m): 2:30pm On Oct 11, 2019
For the past month, my six year old child who is primary one has been taking many things from me, saying they have been asked by his school to give their class teacher gifts.

It has been from canned drinks, to biscuits , chocolates etc only for me to discover today that, he was lying to me. He was enjoying the goodies himself.

How should I handle this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by overdrive(m): 2:32pm On Oct 11, 2019
Sharp boy. grin

2 Likes

Re: Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by EFULEFU1(m): 2:34pm On Oct 11, 2019
overdrive:
Sharp boy. grin

Should I punish him?
Re: Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by IceColdVeins(m): 2:36pm On Oct 11, 2019
He's smart, encourage him for he might be another super rich Obiwanne okeke in future, you'll never know!!

4 Likes

Re: Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by internationalman(m): 2:37pm On Oct 11, 2019
for a 6 year old, I'd say that smartness..

Nurture that child well so that that smartness reflects in all the positive aspects of his life.

For a 6 year old to device a means as intelligent as that to extort you; I'd doubled his daily allowance if I were you......

What a genius

2 Likes

Re: Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by Satan66(m): 2:40pm On Oct 11, 2019
The child is street smart but he's a liar, there's nothing good about being a liar.
My best advice for you is to tell the child you found he's lying and as punishment you won't give him food to school for the next 2 weeks ( or money for school food) just to serve as a lesson.
Do not flog the child!
This won't do anything, might even make the child fear you.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by overdrive(m): 2:42pm On Oct 11, 2019
EFULEFU1:

Should I punish him?

Were you punished?he is a chip of the old block so basically he learnt it from you. wink
Re: Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by EFULEFU1(m): 2:44pm On Oct 11, 2019
overdrive:

Were you punished?he is a chip of the old block so basically he learnt it from you. wink

I am a catechist

1 Like

Re: Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by ziegurf(m): 2:48pm On Oct 11, 2019
...just guide him by telling him that people who does that will be killed by god and police.....also show him some little punishment such as pick the pin
Re: Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 11, 2019
EFULEFU1:
For the past month, my six year old child who is primary one has been taking many things from me, saying they have been asked by his school to give their class teacher gifts.

It has been from canned drinks, to biscuits , chocolates etc only for me to discover today that, he was lying to me. He was enjoying the goodies himself.

Punish him. It's not smartness. He lied. Liars consider themselves smart.

That's stealing too. Don't let him grow up like that.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by overdrive(m): 2:54pm On Oct 11, 2019
EFULEFU1:

I am a catechist

Were you born a catechist? Didn't you indulge in little misdemeanor when you were growing up?
Pull the boys ears and threaten him that he will end up in hell fire if he continues doing obt.
Re: Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by mzhorlah(f): 2:56pm On Oct 11, 2019
parenting is a big deal. it's beyond punishment. let him be aware that you have caught him, ask him why he did what he did. perhaps, you don't give him enough snacks to school. whatever his reason is, tell him with love that it's wrong that he lied, he should have confronted you with the problem.

4 Likes

Re: Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by Skmoda(m): 2:58pm On Oct 11, 2019
mikezuruki:

Punish him. It's not smartness. He lied. Liars consider themselves smart.
That's stealing too. Don't let him grow up like that.
. op use this above.

2 Likes

Re: Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by Nbotee(m): 3:10pm On Oct 11, 2019
D sooner U let him know it's very wrong to obtain things by tricks and lying d beta for U and him.. Now is d tym to stop him from becoming ur moniker and let him know it is wrong to lie becos na from lie thievery dey enta.. Let him know there are consequences for his action and make him apologise and promise neva to do such again.. Then find out why he'll rather lie about those things instead of asking for dem

5 Likes

Re: Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by Tallesty1(m): 4:14pm On Oct 11, 2019
Punish him for lying and tell your wife to punish you for being easily fooled by a 6yr old.

2 Likes

Re: Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by frozen70g(f): 4:25pm On Oct 11, 2019
EFULEFU1:

For a child of his age to be lying smartly gives room for strick discipline

Sit him down and have a heart to heart talk with him in your private room

Promise to give him whatever he ask of only if he can stop those habits and do better in class

Keep an eye on him and inform his class teacher so that anything the teacher observes, will be passed on to you

Cut him off from visiting your neighbours children, he must learn the habit of staying indoors, more especially if you living in a flat

Engage someone to be teaching him lessons and that will keep him indoors and busy, he won't remember those goodies

What you are about doing will help to control him during teenage years

1 Like

Re: Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by falcon01: 4:50pm On Oct 11, 2019
ziegurf:
...just guide him by telling him that people who does that will be killed by god and police.....also show him some little punishment such as pick the pin
you have bad parenting skills

1 Like

Re: Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 5:09pm On Oct 11, 2019
Those days, my mum would have beaten those goodies out of me...I dare not even imagine such. He lied and he is too young to make up such lies...could be influenced by bad older friends, T.v and his environment. I'd advice you don't take this matter likely nor joke over it, because you might just be breeding a future criminal, God forbid.

2 Likes

Re: Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by domack99(m): 5:22pm On Oct 11, 2019
You will have to punish him alright but for the first time should not be by beating. Try and denied him/her of what he/she like most but let the child understand the reason whe he/she is been punish

3 Likes

Re: Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by Destined2win: 5:29pm On Oct 11, 2019
When did stealing become smartness?

This kind of 'smartness' will make him collect your house documents and sell

5 Likes

Re: Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 11, 2019
Nairalanders are funny. He's smart but in a wrong way. Talk to him and know why he's stealing. Dont punish him, he is too young to even know how wrong his action is. Dont encourage him. And dont overreact in such a way that he loses self esteem. Let him not see himself as a thief.
Re: Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by Young03(m): 6:44pm On Oct 11, 2019
Swear u didn't do more than this to ur parents
Re: Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by Auladimeji(m): 9:00pm On Oct 11, 2019
internationalman:
for a 6 year old, I'd say that smartness..

Nurture that child well so that that smartness reflects in all the positive aspects of his life.

For a 6 year old to device a means as intelligent as that to extort you; I'd doubled his daily allowance if I were you......

What a genius
Nigerians call Stealing smartness, No he's not smart at all
This is how fraudsters justifies their ways saying they are smart.They are not smart at all

1 Like

Re: Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by Nuclear99(m): 10:27pm On Oct 11, 2019
BecaciaBarbie:
Those days, my mum would have beaten those goodies out of me...I dare not even imagine such. He lied and he is too young to make up such lies...could be influenced by bad older friends, T.v and his environment. I'd advice you don't take this matter likely nor joke over it, because you might just be breeding a future criminal, God forbid.
Re: Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 11, 2019
EFULEFU1:
For the past month, my six year old child who is primary one has been taking many things from me, saying they have been asked by his school to give their class teacher gifts .

Does that even make sense to u? I mean how did u swallow that? He may be smart but u clearly are not. Even if its Christmas it should be a one time ocassion

1 Like

Re: Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by midnighter(f): 10:43pm On Oct 11, 2019
Lol where is that guy asking why we are smart but still dey shithole...na so e take start. What kind of funny six year old is this cheesy

You should punish him but not too harshly. If its an isolated incident maybe you could discuss why its not good to lie and not good to deceive you as his parent

But think, why couldnt he just come to you and ask for canned drink? Is he not allowed to drink them or he was just being greedy?

Cant imagine trying this with my mum and coming out alive
Re: Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by khia: 10:51pm On Oct 11, 2019
Satan66:
The child is street smart but he's a liar, there's nothing good about being a liar.
My best advice for you is to tell the child you found he's lying and as punishment you won't give him food to school for the next 2 weeks ( or money for school food) just to serve as a lesson.
Do not flog the child!
This won't do anything, might even make the child fear you.

I agree with everything you said except the punishment. It is wrong and cruel to starve a child for punishment. It would be better to take away the child's privileges such as video games or television.
Re: Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by khia: 11:01pm On Oct 11, 2019
EFULEFU1:

The child is a cunning liar, all children lie at times but the cunningness of your child can be harmful. You should have a serious talk with him, tell him it's wrong and why. Don't be harsh when it comes to punishment (if you decide punishment is warranted) remember hes only 6 and is still learning.

As far as punishment goes, I would take away his privliledges for a week (video games, TV, toys, no sweets). Whatever you decide please don't take away his meals or beat him, just make sure he understands there are consequences for lying..
Re: Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by Freeko4: 11:08pm On Oct 11, 2019
Wat a smart kid
@dat age he is running u street, I can't kill myself Dat is wat ur son would be singing while flexing the stuff e got from u.... � � � � � � Loving him already

1 Like

Re: Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by khia: 11:17pm On Oct 11, 2019
IceColdVeins:
He's smart, encourage him for he might be another super rich Obiwanne okeke in future, you'll never know!!

He should be encouraged to lie?
Re: Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by midnighter(f): 11:21pm On Oct 11, 2019
khia:
He should be encouraged to lie?

Lol dont mind them! tomorrow when they bring pictures of young boys who have turned to nuisance to FP, that guy will be the first to blast them
Re: Is My Six Year Old Child Smart Or I Should Punish Him? by Fidelismaria: 11:23pm On Oct 11, 2019
Corruption is in every Nigerian DNA

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady Teaches Her Fellow Ladies How To Use Their Pant As Face Mask,spark Outrage / Guys Only: Guys, What Nickname Does Ur Girl Call Ur Bleeping Tool? / Finally We Found Hakimi Mentor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.