Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,020 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival (30173 Views)

Throw Back:When Amber Rose And Blac Chyna Shut Down A Carnival In Trinidad, 18+ / Maggy Anwuli Oputa: Charly Boy's Daughter Who Is A Bodybuilder & Mother Of 7 / "Our Wedding In Lagos Will Be A Carnival - Nabila Fash, Oritsefemi's Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival by GistReport: 4:57am On Oct 12, 2019
Maverick entertainer and activist, Charles Oputa, aka Charly Boy, has said that his mother, Mrs Margaret Oputa, who passed on during the week, lived a fulfilled life.

The activist said though he was not in the country when she passed, his wife, daughters and grandchildren were with her.

The self-acclaimed president of all frustrated Nigerians said his mother died in her sleep and her death was worth celebrating.

In a chat with Saturday Beats, he said, “My mother died at 102. I had been out of the country. I spoke with her three days ago before her demise, but we thank God. Her death is a celebration because she lived to a ripe old age. She died in my house— my wife, daughter and granddaughter were all there.”

Area Fada noted that he would miss the special moments he spent with his mother. “I’ll miss our chats and videos— my mom was a very hip hop person. She always wanted to know about what people were saying about our videos. She also liked to talk about our old times and my rascally ways, among several other things. Sometimes, choristers would come to the house to serenade her. And I often took her to watch comedy shows in Abuja. She was the go-to person for me. It’s not easy to give birth to someone like Charly Boy. She was really a great woman, and we had very loving moments. I can say she died happily. She passed on in her sleep and certainly lived a good life,” he said.

The 68-year-old grandfather also revealed that his mother’s wish was to have a very simple and quiet burial ceremony. However, he said his personality would not allow him to grant her request. He stated, “For the burial, my mum said she wanted a very simple ceremony. She said I should keep it peaceful, but Charly Boy does not do simple things. She lived a good life and did all that she wanted to do. My love for humanity and humility came from her. The burial will be in December because I need to hustle. It’s going to be a big celebration and carnival.”

https://punchng.com/mum-wanted-quiet-burial-ill-give-her-carnival-charly-boy/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival by BOOOMNAIJA: 4:58am On Oct 12, 2019
GIVE MAMA A SIMPLE BURIAL AS SHE REQUESTED AND USE THE BULK OF THE HUSTLED MONEY FOR UR MENTAL REHABILITATION...U NEED IT!

135 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival by GistReport: 4:58am On Oct 12, 2019
Re: Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival by OluwasureGig: 5:01am On Oct 12, 2019
she deserves it sir

6 Likes

Re: Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival by Mutemenot(m): 5:01am On Oct 12, 2019
kiss

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival by daddytime(m): 5:19am On Oct 12, 2019
Even in death you still want to disrespect/disregard her wishes?

Charles, wetin dey worry you na?

100 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival by Soulsymbol99: 6:11am On Oct 12, 2019
Beta respect ur mama wishes sad

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival by hisgrace090: 6:11am On Oct 12, 2019
Only if your mum wasn't too serious with the type of burial she wanted.

This made me to remember the high life music legent Oliver De qoque whom his mum warns to bury her once she died but he refused the instruction and put her mums remain in the mutuary against her will because of his statue in the society and he died before his mum burial.

May their soul rest in peace.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival by Franklyspeakin: 6:19am On Oct 12, 2019
Hustle ooo

2 Likes

Re: Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival by GistReport: 9:54am On Oct 12, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival by Praktikals(m): 12:39pm On Oct 12, 2019
daddytime:
Even in death you still want to disrespect/disregard her wishes?

Charles, wetin dey worry you na?
I tire o

4 Likes

Re: Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival by Evaromantik1(m): 12:39pm On Oct 12, 2019
Giving her carnival against her wish?

Charlyboy, i don't know when you'll grow a man.

Well, if you haven't listen to Teni's New EP "Billionaire", you're missing a lot, Download Now!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival by Kendumazy(m): 12:40pm On Oct 12, 2019
102 years! Pray for such age for my Mama too. RIP Mama oputa!

Quality UK 1st and 2nd grade men's shirts available for sale. Check
link below for more details

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival by Angelfrost(m): 12:40pm On Oct 12, 2019
In summary... You will disobey your mother in death, as you did while she was alive... Good luck.

22 Likes

Re: Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival by iamawara(m): 12:41pm On Oct 12, 2019
See photocopy grin e dey dere body. Abeg give her a carnival areafada

5 Likes

Re: Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival by Kennitrust(m): 12:41pm On Oct 12, 2019
Let your money talk

Let the best of her be appreciated

Let her tender care received some praise.

Mama, there's no word to describe your worth

But above all, You are appreciate...

Like for all lovers mother.

7 Likes

Re: Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival by vibbb: 12:41pm On Oct 12, 2019
Ok, so from her life time till death you still portray this disobedient attitude of not taking instructions.
She said quiet but now you want carnival.

6 Likes

Re: Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival by Bbbwings: 12:41pm On Oct 12, 2019
BOOOMNAIJA:
GIVE MAMA A SIMPLE BURIAL AS SHE WISHES AND USE THE BULK OF THE HUSTLED MONEY FOR UR MENTAL REHABILITATION...U NEED IT!
Don't forget
After that, He needs spiritual deliverance too.

5 Likes

Re: Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival by Apeshy101(m): 12:42pm On Oct 12, 2019
Lots of people suffering depression and suicidal.

https://www.nairaland.com/5468158/depressed-im-thinking-suicide

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique
Re: Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival by Onyi90(m): 12:42pm On Oct 12, 2019
Na 4 ya packet. Beside settlement raba from APC still boku
Re: Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival by XklusivGistBlog(m): 12:43pm On Oct 12, 2019
Kendumazy:
102 years! Pray for such age for my Mama too. RIP Mama oputa!
Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival by hotupo: 12:44pm On Oct 12, 2019
We give 100% warranty on all our UK used laptops

1 Like

Re: Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival by omenka(m): 12:44pm On Oct 12, 2019
Charley, obey her last wish. You're too old for such display of insensitivity.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival by abbaapple: 12:44pm On Oct 12, 2019
angry

MyouMyou shae you don sacrifice her Your mumu never do! Continue lipsrsealed
Re: Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival by festacman(m): 12:45pm On Oct 12, 2019
Anybody who followed how Charly Boy buried his father Justice Oputa will know that Charly Boy doesn't do simple and peaceful burial. During his father's burial requiem Mass, he snatched microphone from former Gov. Rochas Okorocha right there at the altar for attempting to use his dead father to gain political mileage. Later that evening and for several days, it was endless music concert.

His mother witnessed these activities and so she knew better. She knew her first son does not do simple and peaceful stuff right from childhood. One can only imagine how the burial ceremony will turn out as he is targeting Christmas period and given that he is a supporter of the current Gov. Enema Ihedioha. It will be massive.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival by myfan: 12:45pm On Oct 12, 2019
cool
Re: Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival by Emyogalanya: 12:45pm On Oct 12, 2019
Let me just go and look for Agbo and Drink to clear my tummy. I need to attend this burial with Empty Stomach. I must carry belle come back. Awoof come run my belle

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival by Sterope(f): 12:45pm On Oct 12, 2019
How was his mum 102 and he is 68.

How did that happen?

2 Likes

Re: Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival by SchoolNaScam001: 12:45pm On Oct 12, 2019
Why not respect her wishes ? Can't the dead rest in peace? You could have thrown a carnival for her while she lived.
Re: Charly Boy: The Burial Of My Mother, Margaret Oputa Will Be A Carnival by Legend44(m): 12:46pm On Oct 12, 2019
Disrespecting the dead.. Make him sha know say dead body dey nack person something.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anita Joseph Flaunts Bare Belly In Sexy Photos / Faithfulness Kennedy Loses Her Boyfriend To Her Friend / King Andre Omodayo Churchill Graduates From Play School To Pre-Nursery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.