Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,488 members, 7,826,838 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports (45229 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by Rubicon67(m): 3:38pm On Oct 14, 2019
ajl:
Brainless people. While you all suppose to be crying for yourselves. Running to the countries of the same people who took some of your ancestors as slaves, raped and virtually obliterated your cultures and religions, and turned your personality in and out to the point of self-hate.

Dont get me wrong. I have 2 passports and a means to get the third one but to me it's not something to celebrate. Nigerians are surely different beings. Reasons heartless politicians "Bleep" the people right, left, and center because most don't stand or believe in anything. Almost a perfect fit to the description of Lugard.

If the lady wants to celebrate, let her do so. Na her life and her business.

You mentioned ancestors that was taken as slaves. We all know the history but if you live in the past, the future will leave you behind. Yesterday has gone, today is going and tomorrow will always come. The lesson we can learn from that is not to let our mind, intellect and self dignity to be enslaved...we owe that to our ancestors for paving way for us.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by Meti99(m): 3:41pm On Oct 14, 2019
tot:
What's the big deal? Several people have dual / multi citizenship and don't come online to post it. Mschew.

You should only talk if you have at least a Ghanian citizenship.
The struggle is real and for someone to achieve this, my sister, for Nigeria here na CELEBRATIC
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by Rubicon67(m): 3:42pm On Oct 14, 2019
tot:
What's the big deal? Several people have dual / multi citizenship and don't come online to post it. Mschew.

Please don't rain on the OP's parade. Make we rejoice with her.
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by tot(f): 3:43pm On Oct 14, 2019
Meti99:

You should only talk if you have at least a Ghanian citizenship.
The struggle is real and for someone to achieve this, my sister, for Nigeria here na CELEBRATIC

What will I do with a Ghanaian citizenship?
My point is several other people have this, should they foolishly start posting it online?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by Meti99(m): 3:43pm On Oct 14, 2019
Dee60:

If Canadians did to Canada what Nigerians are doing to Nigeria no one will go for their passport.

If Britons did to Britain what Nigerians are doing to Nigeria no one will go for their passport.

Stop wishing or praying to get their passports until you have first cleansed yourself.

If Nigerians can do to Nigeria what Canadians have done to Canada, then Nigerians in Canada would even wish to quickly come back home.

Our problems are ourselves. And its deep in the blood.

Sex for grades. Police and wey ya particulars? Sharing of loot by public offers. Systems not working so that they can extort. Who does all these? Nigerians.

Please don't forget to mention buhari as one of the problems we have in Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by tot(f): 3:44pm On Oct 14, 2019
Dee60:

If Canadians did to Canada what Nigerians are doing to Nigeria no one will go for their passport.

If Britons did to Britain what Nigerians are doing to Nigeria no one will go for their passport.

Stop wishing or praying to get their passports until you have first cleansed yourself.

If Nigerians can do to Nigeria what Canadians have done to Canada, then Nigerians in Canada would even wish to quickly come back home.

Our problems are ourselves. And its deep in the blood.

Sex for grades. Police and wey ya particulars? Sharing of loot by public offers. Systems not working so that they can extort. Who does all these? Nigerians.

Thank you. Well said.

Nigerians always looking to reap from another man's land.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by Worldbest281: 3:44pm On Oct 14, 2019
God should pick my call nah.....
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by bettyLad(f): 3:45pm On Oct 14, 2019
johnmartus:
I wonder what is going to do in UK. If you use your money purchase UK visa you're on your own .Because uk is more less of Nigeria.

and what's wrong with going to UK , can you share more Info for me as I'm currently working on relocating there

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by tot(f): 3:46pm On Oct 14, 2019
Rubicon67:

Please don't rain on the OP's parade. Make we rejoice with her.

Rejoice with her over what? Did she invent something new? Did she discover the cure to an illness?
It's a PASSPORT, is she the first? Will she be the last?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by ReeLoaDead(m): 3:46pm On Oct 14, 2019
emirateprince:
... it possesses backwardness
grin
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by ajl: 3:46pm On Oct 14, 2019
Rubicon67:

Your analysis is grim o. Your pessimism is on different level. Please let us celebrate with the lady jor. Enough bad news around.

It's not about being a pessimist. Nigerians need to have a world view. We have a lot of illiterate people and too many literate but uneducated ones. Our people need to understand the way the world work and that you don't run away from problems. You face it and deal with it. That's the only way to be in control of your destiny and narratives.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by tot(f): 3:47pm On Oct 14, 2019
ajl:

It's not about being a pessimist. Nigerians need to have a world view. We have a lot of illiterate people and too many uneducated illiterate. Our people need to understand the way the world work and that you don't run away from problems. You face it and deal with it. That's the only way to be in control of your destiny and narratives.
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by Meti99(m): 3:48pm On Oct 14, 2019
tot:

What will I do with a Ghanaian citizenship?
My point is several other people have this, should they foolishly start posting it online?

My sister, you may not appreciate that but I must tell you it is an achievement to several Nigerians.
Moreover, she is entitled to celebrate whatever she struggled to get.
Lifeisachoice my dear
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by Kaymaxine(m): 3:50pm On Oct 14, 2019
johnmartus:
I wonder what is going to do in UK. If you use your money purchase UK visa you're on your own .Because uk is more less of Nigeria.
Poverty mentality!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by Funkybabee(f): 3:50pm On Oct 14, 2019
congratulations sister..

I hope someday
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 14, 2019
ednut1:
uk has casted. canada is the next in thing
Very true bro...most people here don't know though.
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by sulaak(m): 3:52pm On Oct 14, 2019
ajl:
Brainless people. While you all suppose to be crying for yourselves. Running to the countries of the same people who took some of your ancestors as slaves, raped and virtually obliterated your cultures and religions, and turned your personality in and out to the point of self-hate.

Dont get me wrong. I have 2 passports and a means to get the third one but to me it's not something to celebrate. Nigerians are surely different beings. Reasons heartless politicians "Bleep" the people right, left, and center because most don't stand or believe in anything. Almost a perfect fit to the description of Lugard.

Rubbish revisionist.

Nigerian willingly sold their tribal rivals as slaves. The British had to literally bomb Nigeria coastal ports to end slavery and force the local chief to replace slavery exports with cash corps. After 60 years of independent, how far has Nigeria developed as a country with $100 billion in debt on a $30 bn budget, the country is virtually on its knee's. The smarter Nigerian are wisely jumping ship before it's sinks. You are correct on Lugard description of black African.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by ajl: 3:52pm On Oct 14, 2019
Rubicon67:

If the lady wants to celebrate, let her do so. Na her life and her business.

You mentioned ancestors that was taken as slaves. We all know the history but if you live in the past, the future will leave you behind. Yesterday has gone, today is going and tomorrow will always come. The lesson we can learn from that is not to let our mind, intellect and self dignity to be enslaved...we owe that to our ancestors for paving way for us.

This is not about "living in the past". Nigerians don't have a clue on history. Don't let us fool ourselves.

And you said "The lesson we can learn from that is not to let our mind, intellect and self dignity to be enslaved".
But is that not already happening. Almost all our women use Brazilian hair, some bleach their skin. Worst part is they cannot even produce these things thus making the Asian producers rich.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by Jollylolly(f): 3:53pm On Oct 14, 2019
WTF!
People are celebrating her as if she just achieve the most achievable in the world, telling her not come back home lol.
the kind freedom she experiences while in 9ja, she no go get 2% of it when she get there. so why people they blab.
freedom maters o.

i wish her well o.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by abels(m): 3:55pm On Oct 14, 2019
you are joking
johnmartus:
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by timesup234: 3:55pm On Oct 14, 2019
British or Canadian citizenship is nothing. Local alaba traders will buy her and her whole family generation. Lets stop with all dis petty trash

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by Surrey2Bimshire: 3:57pm On Oct 14, 2019
tunjilomo:
Ok. How does someone come in possession of three different passports?

It’s normal .
There are a lot of people with dual nationalities.
It’s also depends on the countries That allows you to have more than one passport .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by ajl: 3:58pm On Oct 14, 2019
sulaak:

Rubbish revisionist.

Nigerian willingly sold their tribal rivals as slaves. The British had to literally bomb Nigeria coastal ports to end slavery and force the local chief to replace slavery exports with cash corps. After 60 years of independent, how far has Nigeria developed as a country with $100 billion in debt on a $30 bn budget, the country is virtually on its knee's. The smarter Nigerian are wisely jumping ship before it's sinks. You are correct on Lugard description of black African.

Apparently you read the history books of your masters. Please read wide. I know they dont teach history anymore in Nigeria. Slavery was promoted by all sides but the main beneficiaries were mainland South and North America. Your relatives that partook are just like present day hustlers we have in Nigeria who will hand-over their country to foreign owners, like the PID $9 dollar case.

Your country is your country. Those with cut and run attitude do not have the right to exist. Its their kind that indulge in all kinds of illegal things in foreign countries.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by skallion7(m): 4:02pm On Oct 14, 2019
Pathetic and low self esteem

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by shogsman(m): 4:03pm On Oct 14, 2019
What kind if nonsense do we celebrate as achievement in this country.Nigeria has the highest number of unintelligent youths in the world.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by nihilistjnr: 4:04pm On Oct 14, 2019
bolayei:
To get both passports she mist have stayed minimum 12 years in both countries combined and how are we sure she is telling the truth? Lol

in theory that's the same thing as Fikayo Tomori

From Wikipedia:
Under paragraph 3(1)(a) of the 1977 Act, any person who was born in Canada on or after 15 February 1977 acquires Canadian citizenship at birth. The Interpretation Act states that the term "Canada" not only includes Canadian soil, but also "the internal waters" and "the territorial sea" of Canada, with the term "internal waters" being defined as including "the airspace above".[9] Hence, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada considers all children who were born over Canadian airspace as Canadian citizens.[10] In one 2008 case, a girl born to a Ugandan mother aboard a Northwest Airlines flight from Amsterdam to Boston was deemed a Canadian citizen because she was born over Canadian airspace.[11]

That means the British citizenship is the only one she 'worked' for.

She's most likely from a privileged background and was able to obtain british citizenship via financial support from her family. Posting it as if she actually put in any significant effort to obtain those passports is a bit annoying. It wasn't God nigga, it was your daddy!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by Surrey2Bimshire: 4:04pm On Oct 14, 2019
bolayei:
To get both passports she mist have stayed minimum 12 years in both countries combined and how are we sure she is telling the truth? Lol

Not really .. you don’t know her story

Three passport is nothing . She might have gotten one by birth right and got the other two through Her parents

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by Surrey2Bimshire: 4:06pm On Oct 14, 2019
Bungay:
She is free from visa wahala when traveling to any of those countries,all she needs is to show the passport and there she goes...

Lol not really . Doesn’t really work like that but okay lol
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by Surrey2Bimshire: 4:07pm On Oct 14, 2019
abbey621:

Low lives....LMAO. Spoken like a true Nigerian, visiting the States?....So you've not actually lived in the states, worked in the States and fully utilize the system in the States? Kid when next you visit, come to Atlanta, I would love to show you more about the States grin grin grin

Where in “Hotlanta” do you stay ?
I left Atl today lol
Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by shogsman(m): 4:08pm On Oct 14, 2019
bobokeshington:

Are you trying to compare UK with your Shit Hole called Nigeria... Abi aiye se eleyi ni??

Oga what can you do in UK that you can't do in Nigeria.the way you people strive to clinch with other countries is pathetic to say the least.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by salford1: 4:12pm On Oct 14, 2019
What is all the "I key, I tap". Is that even proper English? Lol

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Lady Celebrates Acquiring Canadian & UK Passports by salford1: 4:15pm On Oct 14, 2019
EXOUSIAng:
Dumb bitch
Haha lol.
People celebrate dual or triple nationality all the time. She is also celebrating her naija passport too. "The mama I made it sentence" is what I don't understand. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photos: Transport Ideas That Can Reduce Traffic/Accidents In Lagos. / Passengers Trapped In The Bush As Abuja-kaduna Train Breaks Down In Dutse / New Photos Of Man Who Survived Fatal Accident That Killed Over 80 Persons.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.