Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector (14630 Views)

How Many Times Has Buhari Worn Suit Since He Came Into Power? (Photos) / Another Rochas Okorocha's Flyover In Owerri Begins To Sink - Massmediang / $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by IGBOSON1: 12:03pm On Oct 18, 2019
mamaafrik:
I didn't read anything about mambila in this borrowing,make F.G discentralize the TCN into Geopolitical zones and sell the unit under a transparent bidding.
Power is key to our survival.

They’re afraid some regions will get it right and have runaway success and then leave their clueless arse behind! This is the reason for the over-centralisation of everything in Nigeria....so every region will progress at their snail pace!

1 Like

Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by renewable1(m): 12:13pm On Oct 18, 2019
Ok

Get 8 hours electricity daily with our unique 1kva solar power system. Check my signature now
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by obidark: 12:16pm On Oct 18, 2019
deenee:
From the comments here, it is apparent that slot of people don't havea single clue about the intrigues in the power sector.

they seriously dont....put as much money into it as you like....nothing will change....

as i said before,nigeria already have capacity of over 20000megawatt....
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by opineflu(m): 12:18pm On Oct 18, 2019
how can this present govt spend 1.5trillion in 5 yrs generating electricity and i still get only 10hrs of it daily...call this immense sinking
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by ecclize: 12:18pm On Oct 18, 2019
u mean sink inside kanji dam....

1 Like

Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by vezycash(m): 12:23pm On Oct 18, 2019
Mahsums:
Hw about dt nuclear power stuff back in 2017?

Abeg don't go there. Common road they can't maintain. It's now nuclear bomb?
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by vezycash(m): 12:25pm On Oct 18, 2019
obidark:

they seriously dont....put as much money into it as you like....nothing will change....

as i said before,nigeria already have capacity of over 20,000megawatt....

Abeg where you see 20 thousand megawatts? Our ever honest government are saying it's hovering around 3 thousand abi you know something Buhari doesn't?
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by vezycash(m): 12:26pm On Oct 18, 2019
royalads:
I think the only thing this government can think up is just LOANS and TAXES. It's a shame that the majority of us thinks that these are the best brains to rule the country out of the 180million+ people that make up this country. Meanwhile other countries are racing ahead on light speed.

It's simple. Lagos the origin of APC is known for taxes. Buhari is known for loans. Add one and two and there you go.
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by vezycash(m): 12:28pm On Oct 18, 2019
Gudguyz:
How long are we going to continue sinking billions without yielding positive result??

Well put end to sudden power cut.Call & What's app Sunmax Solar.o8o-25-75-39-49.Thanks

It's yielding results o. Don't you see how fresh they look? Just give the lankey lagos governor a few months and you'll see the results on cheeks.
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 18, 2019
#USUAL SINK!

#WHITE ELEPHANT PROJECT!

1 Like

Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 18, 2019
Our 2018 GDP stood at #16.58 trillion.
From what the minister said,our rev to GDP ratio is 19%.This simply means our tax rev is about #3.2 trillion....to low indeed because the world bank pegged it at 50%
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by Udumeh: 12:37pm On Oct 18, 2019
Ignorance can kill; borrowing to enslave future welbeing of Nigerians. Electricity has been a nightmare.
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by sapele914(m): 12:37pm On Oct 18, 2019
Write4me:
Thank God OP used the right word. SINK!! And it goes down the drain as always.
�‍♂️
At least we have seen the Federal Governments investment, how much did your state budget for urban and rural electrification?
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by obidark: 12:38pm On Oct 18, 2019
vezycash:

Abeg where you see 20 thousand megawatts? Our ever honest government are saying it's hovering around 3 thousand abi you know something Buhari doesn't?

the capacity is their long ago....
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by sapele914(m): 12:40pm On Oct 18, 2019
Seenyo:
#USUAL SINK!

#WHITE ELEPHANT PROJECT!
I thought Jonathan claimed he had deregulated the power sector, why are you laying the blame solely at the door steps of the Federal Government, it is not their fault pdp sold the facilities to quacks.
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by vezycash(m): 12:45pm On Oct 18, 2019
obidark:

the capacity is their long ago....

With a total installed capacity of 8457.6MW (81 percent of total) in early 2014

Show me your source or stop spreading baseless rumor.

I've added a screenshot to a nairaland front page article that backs up my claim that it indeed had fallen to approx 3000 MW. https://www.nairaland.com/5156395/nigerias-generated-electricity-drops-further

Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by mamaafrik(m): 12:48pm On Oct 18, 2019
obidark:
did you people know that their is a powerplant in the south east that has capacity of over 8000megawatt since even before independence....??
Nwane,tell us something,give us details please
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by mamaafrik(m): 12:49pm On Oct 18, 2019
danjumakolo:
Our 2018 GDP stood at #16.58 trillion.
From what the minister said,our rev to GDP ratio is 19%.This simply means our tax rev is about #3.2 trillion....to low indeed because the world bank pegged it at 50%
do you mean 50℅ interest rate ?
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by ayaside(m): 1:03pm On Oct 18, 2019
To "sink"... Yeah... It will definitely sink.

1 Like

Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by Skmoda360(m): 1:06pm On Oct 18, 2019
Islie:

° Borrowing not yielding results – Experts, DisCos

° Nigeria’s external debt rises to N25.7trn

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/fg-to-sink-fresh-n915bn-loan-into-power-sector.html

Some people will seat in one corner and eat more than half of this $3 billion...hmmmm!!! undecided
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by obidark: 1:11pm On Oct 18, 2019
vezycash:

With a total installed capacity of 8457.6MW (81 percent of total) in early 2014

Show me your source or stop spreading baseless rumor.

I've added a screenshot to a nairaland front page article that backs up my claim that it indeed had fallen to approx 3000 MW. https://www.nairaland.com/5156395/nigerias-generated-electricity-drops-further

what dont you understand....??

i said the capacity is already their....!!

am i writtin chinese or what....??
what dont you understand....??
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by obidark: 1:11pm On Oct 18, 2019
ayaside:
To "sink"... Yeah... It will definitely sink.

haha....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by obidark: 1:17pm On Oct 18, 2019
mamaafrik:
Nwane,tell us something,give us details please

bros....their was a thread of pictures of olding days....and their was a picture of a plant built far back then....
and the picture was clearly stated that the plant has a capacity of over 8000megawatt....

i remember very well,bro....
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 18, 2019
sapele914:
I thought Jonathan claimed he had deregulated the power sector, why are you laying the blame solely at the door steps of the Federal Government, it is not their fault pdp sold the facilities to quacks.
...Cos in 2015, I UNVOTED corruption(pdp)
but ended up CAMPAIGNING/VOTING in another set of clueless, CORRUPT, SELFSERVING assholes!

I erroneously thought apc will CORRECT the anomalies of it's predecessors, but I was damn WRONG!

The shithole deserves far better than these dumb scums! #FACT!

1 Like

Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by obidark: 1:20pm On Oct 18, 2019
Seenyo:

...Cos in 2015, I UNVOTED corruption(pdp)
but ended up CAMPAIGNING/VOTING in another set of clueless, CORRUPT, SELFSERVING assholes!

I erroneously thought apc will CORRECT the anomalies of it's predecessors, but I was damn WRONG!

The shithole deserves far better than these dumb scums! #FACT!

na their your wahala will start....you think atiku would be any better....??

if you ask me,i think we dont need presidents atall atall....

governors are enough disasters....
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by winterfell007(m): 1:24pm On Oct 18, 2019
vezycash:

He's actually talking about installed generating capacity at the moment. You are talking about the wheeling capacity of power evacuated which hovers around 3,000 to 4,000 megawatts. The issue isn't actually generation which is the easiest task to accomplish; it is actually the grid, they are too decrepit to function optimally and government have borrowing money to revamp it but I'm yet to see any improvement embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 18, 2019
obidark:

na their your wahala will start....you think atiku would be any better....??

if you ask me,i think we dont need presidents atall atall....

governors are enough disasters....

As at today, I'm more than convinced that anybody is better than the redundant coupist!

Dude is fiasco personified!

1 Like

Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by obidark: 1:34pm On Oct 18, 2019
Seenyo:

As at today, I'm more than convinced that anybody is better than the redundant coupist!

Dude is fiasco personified!

you just dont gerrit....

nothing will change....we have been trying this bullshitt changin since 1960,what realy changed....??
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by obidark: 1:36pm On Oct 18, 2019
Julufixed36p:
WhatsApp

wat....??

you didnt read the topic or what....??

park....!! angry angry
Re: FG To Sink Fresh N915bn Loan Into Power Sector by LyfeJennings(m): 1:40pm On Oct 18, 2019
So many people would make nonsense money from this news now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NIDCOM Reacts To Allegation Of Ethnic Bias. / Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls / NPDC Crude Oil Pipeline Set Ablaze After Osinbajo’s Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.