Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? (5409 Views)

Arewa Group Seeks Another Consensus Candidate / Atiku 'Humbled' By Choice As Northern Consensus Candidate / Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by Donmeca(m): 8:01pm On Nov 09, 2010
2011: North Adopt Atiku, IBB, Gusau, fight back, You Are Not a Bonafide Northerner, North Tells Saraki
Atiku Abubakar
Adamu Ciroma

After weeks of high level horse trading, a fragmented north may have settled for former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar as the regions standard bearer in next year's presidential election.

Pointblanknews.com learnt that even though the leaderships of the Northern Elders Forum, Arewa Consultative Forum and the Northern Union agreed on the choice, some Governors, top government officials and some emirs still sit on the wall.

The deal which was brokered by Adamu Ciroma and key actors in the G15 group, is however getting knocks from the Ibrahim Babangida, Aliyu Gusau, and Bukola Saraki flanks.

Pointblanknews.com sources hinted that even though Babangida said he would abide by the decision, his agents have embarked on lobbying of some governors and leaderships of the states Houses of Assemblies.

According to our sources, the moves by Babangida and Gusau has stalled plans to make the choice of Atiku public.

The G15 had met in May 2010, with Ciroma, Gusau, Babangida, Atiku in attendance. At that meeting, the resolution of the northern governors was reviewed, and decision reached that whoever was picked, every aspirant should respect the choice.
advertisement

However, as it stands, Babangida has made in roads, and has a key block of second term governors in the bag. Checks revealed he has no less than 10.

Pointblanknews.com also gathered that the region decided to settle for Atiku because he has a better appeal.

Said the source " they have decided to make Atiku the candidate but they are having problems making it public because the Babangida and Gusau blocs are pulling a lot of strings. Don't forget IBB has made some in roads, as it stands he has no less than 10 governors, including the swing states."

The source added" IBB was knocked off because of his baggage. The calculation by the Ciroma group is, they would need someone with democratic background and cross appeal. IBB they feel, will be a hard sell in the southwest where the Goverenors have adopted President Goodluck Jonathan"

It was further learnt that the inexperience of Gusau and his background put him behind Atiku who could be marketed in the south west and was Vice President.

According to one of our sources" Saraki is the least favourable. The argument is simple, he is not "northern" enough for those in the north east and north west. Babangida has June 12, the Dele Giwa murder still hanging over his head"

http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os4132.html
Re: Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by Donmeca(m): 8:10pm On Nov 09, 2010
Could this be true? tried confirming from other sites but failed.
Re: Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by Beaf: 8:29pm On Nov 09, 2010
Poor "Abubakar" saraki!

According to one of our sources" Saraki is the least favourable. The argument is simple, he is not "northern" enough for those in the north east and north west

I laugh in Hausa! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 09, 2010
[size=18pt]SAI ATIKU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

Re: Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by Blazay(m): 8:59pm On Nov 09, 2010
But for his age, I like this.
I hope it is true.
Atiku for 2011. cool

He is married to both Northeners and Southerners.
He is a refined human being.
I like him.
Re: Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by IbrahimB: 9:05pm On Nov 09, 2010
GEJ vs Atiku: The battle of two former vice-presidents! Who wins? Who surrenders? Stay tuned as the drama continues!
Re: Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by Nsiman(m): 9:39pm On Nov 09, 2010
This is Old news. The update is that there is confusion in nplf's camp and ciroma is accused of being one sided
Re: Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by Solomon227(m): 10:54pm On Nov 09, 2010
Hah Atiku don finally get internet soldiers. We will come back for u Krendo and friends let's settle Uduaghan case first
Re: Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by 1025: 11:02pm On Nov 09, 2010
let this be true.
i wld want a united northerners to give obasanjo the fight of his life.
nigeria has grown beyond a single individual selecting and imposing candidates on us.
let jonathan be a man of his own if he wants to contest in the next election.
for me, i will vote anyone that is not an affiliate of obasanjo or 3rd term extension.
Re: Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 09, 2010
1025:

let this be true.
nigeria has grown beyond a single individual selecting and imposing candidates on us.
for me, i will vote anyone that is not an affiliate of obasanjo or 3rd term extension.

Chidicris
Re: Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by AbuMaryam1(m): 12:05am On Nov 10, 2010
Do you see the coming back of the extremist (Buhari) is inevitable, open your eyes one radical is handling the INEC,
Re: Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:56am On Nov 10, 2010
hope this is true. atiku appears to be the best candidate amongs them.
Re: Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by Donmeca(m): 11:29am On Nov 10, 2010
Abu-Maryam:

Do you see the coming back of the extremist (Buhari) is inevitable,  open your eyes one radical is handling the INEC,

i didn't get u dear. . .wot does radical Jega have to do wif d emergence of extremist Buhari?

To me, this is North's best choice. in terms of structures and semi-goodwill, they made a good decision among the four. IBB wud av been it but for his marketability. With Atiku, they are sure of getting some part of SW even tho they will end up losing some part of SE/SS where IBB had an ace. It will truly be a big fight but my crystal ball tells me that GEJ will triumph.

BTW, Abubakar Bukola Saraki shud now go and study his genealogy to know who his real kinsmen are. He is clearly not part of them. I think our zoning shud now be purely based on tribe not geopolitical zones for someone like Bukky to achieve his ambition. How can a yoruba man be called a minority in Nigeria.
Re: Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 10, 2010
l̴͖̲̖̱͎͋́̀̏̀͂͜ơ̴̢̘͖͖̟͔̲͉̣̖̒͐̑̑̈́̀̓̆̑͒̏̈́̽̇͌͆̚͘r̴̢̛͕̞̠̼̥͇͙̥̥̗̼͎̰̻̗̩̹̬̰̜̰̪̜̯͈̓̇͆͜ę̴̧̦̩̞̫̬̫͓̫̟̣͖̝̤̩̱̻͌̆̈̅̊̇̈́̄͒͆͂̒̋͗̀́͐̚͜͜m̵̳̬͎̦̼̖͙̻̞̲̳͎͖̤̜͙̞̘̪̥͈̮̲̫̈́̂̑̓̅͌̉̃̄́̎̈́͛̔̃̈͒͛̆̉̉̍̍͌̅̒̿͘͝ͅͅ ̸̨̛̛̮̱͖͇̗͉͙̭͉͕͖̯̼͂̀̆̔̀̽̿̆͐͑͑̀̈́̈͂͒̽̅̒́̒̚͘̚̚̕͝ͅͅͅį̷̨͚̜͖̪̯̦̼̹̤͇̱͕̹̯̓̂̎͊̎͐͊͂̽̈́͊̅̈̏̋͗̀̾̎̂̀̚͝ͅp̵̡͖̱̮̹̫͖̱̺͖͚̙͇̘͈̥̭͎̅̃͗͒̒̐̀̽͑̕̕̕͜͜ş̵̧̛͚͎̘̹̻̩͉̩͕͕͍̲̼̳̲̬͖̟͊̒̽̊͛͂͒̍̇̾̅̀̑̽̆͌̈́͒̀̒́̒̏̚͝͠u̸̧̫̯͉̥̬̗͚̹͙̇̑̾͌̃͌̈́̉̀͛̍̂̄̃̑͝m̵̨̧̛̲̰̰̫̰̖̗̟͉̝͚̯̞̮̪̝͚̯͔̖̻͉͈̫̫̩̞͗̀̈́̅͆̽̆̎͐͂͆̐̾͊̆͝ ̵̛̛̯̮͍͎̜̖̥̫̱͕̥̻̖̮͈̖͎̯͊̒̉̔̔̓̀̍̆̈̊̈́̀͑̓̎̓̄̚͘͜͠͝n̵̟̜̗̩̬̯̫͇̝̙̖̟͋́̒̾̃͒͊̂̇̔͌̎͌̂͠ͅả̸̡͇̟͕̓̾͗̋̄͆̆̒͆̃͐͝i̵̢̧̧̮̞̺̻̝̬̤̲͉̟̟̺̙̣̣̭̘̱̰͇̦̍̌̀̒̎̒͋̊͐̇̿̌͛̓̓͑̆́̉͊͗̿́͘͜͝r̵̻̱̼̣̊̏͂͌̎͊̿̈͂̒͂́̐̔͂̅̅̀͘͝a̵̢͓͉̪̯̯͕̲͔̘͎͓͖̅̄͌̓̈́̒̾̇̀̈́̊̐̋͊̏̎͒̆̊̈̿̑̀͋̒̕̕͠ͅͅl̵̺̩̙̣͉̙͍̱͉͚͖̬̻̮͒̓̄́̀̋̈́͋̈̚͠ḁ̷̛̼̤͔̩̱̜̱̯̦̭̗͓̘͈͔̹̟̥̹̈́̇̔̄̂̀̔͂̏́̆͂̀̀̈́̑͐̇̓͒͊̕̕͝͝n̴̢̛̥͇͇̤̓̎̅̐͑̔͒̐͆͒̾͗̒̓̒́̓̾͗̒͜͝͝ḑ̴̧̨̝̞̦̯̯̠̺̭̭̗̭̱̯͉̹͔̪̦̉͂̋̽̿͑̃̽̐͐͋̌̏͌͑͗̀̎͜͠͠͝͠
Re: Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by slap1(m): 12:37pm On Nov 10, 2010
It'd really be a pity. Atiku stands little chance of winning the primaries (free and fair or otherwise).
Re: Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by noru: 12:41pm On Nov 10, 2010
whichever of the Abokis, come 2011 it is GOODLUCK JONATHAN all the way. grin cheesy cool tongue grin
Re: Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by Donmeca(m): 1:04pm On Nov 10, 2010
noru:

whichever of the Abokis, come 2011 it is GOODLUCK JONATHAN all the way. grin cheesy cool tongue grin

He will win but not without a good fight from ur "Abokis". don't belittle the man that demystified OBJ
Re: Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by Azedplus(m): 1:13pm On Nov 10, 2010
this is just the beginning , i hope PDP will split up,
the more they are go apart the best for nigeria
Re: Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by ayusman16(m): 1:19pm On Nov 10, 2010
Now let the voters decide their own consensus candidate. Nigeria is not only for the Northerners or Niger Delta. We will shock peeps this time around.
Re: Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by bisiaet: 1:39pm On Nov 10, 2010
Yeah I knew it will ends up in mess they want to pretend the North are unify I had said it before it is a lie of the devil the way Mega party failed and fell so also the so called consensus candidate will fail. Will IBB, Gusau, Saraki after all they have spend in cash, adverts and so on will now back down for Atiku it's a joke of the century.

If even IBB agree which I know is not possible Raymond Dokpesi will fight to his last blood in other not to be a looser or be ashame so let the Norhern elders and the PDP be ready for another hell stage again.

The Northern uncontrolled quest and hunger for power at all means will drive them more deeper into ocean of confusion by and large the so called Atiku is not even qualify he is one of the Nigeria bad egg so what is the argument of the North? ,They should go back look for a better, clean record person to represent them but all these IBB, Atiku it's a great error.

According to one of our sources" Saraki is the least favourable. The argument is simple, he is not "northern" enough for those in the north east and north west.

I think Bukola Saraki now get this message right so Mr Bukola find your level you are not consider as one of them shame on you!!!!
Re: Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by Excllncy(m): 1:47pm On Nov 10, 2010
Who cares? whether Abubakar Atiku, Abubakar Sariki or Abubakar Bomb Blast. All of them are enemies of change.
Re: Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by fxskye: 1:49pm On Nov 10, 2010
TD emergence of Atiku is a fair decision, though within PDP. I think what the Northerners need to do is to look out for a credible presidential candidate & support d person.
From the whole North, Atiku is not the best, May be d best 4 PDP Northerns. A youthful candidate like Ribadu is very marketable accross Nigeria. The only challenge he has is past & present public office holders that have skeleton in their courpboards. Obviously, that spread accross 9ja again.

So, 2011 polls is a challenge to all youths of this great 9ja. Let's see Ribadu in Aso Rock come May  2011.

Beta Soon 9ja!
Re: Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by ollykay(m): 2:11pm On Nov 10, 2010
The fact that Jonathan has fully shown interest, gave him 90% chance of winning, he is the president, he can do and undo, i commend his gentleman approach to this election issue as compared to the do or die politics, this has also gave him an edge ahead. his interest has proven he meant well for nigeria because, if he had submitted to the Umbrella parties call for zoning, my people, Nigeria would have once again been zoned to the wrong hand.

The disagreement in PDP will lead to the triumph and a rebirth of our precious country, this is the only way to achieve the best, no party should be a stronghold to the true democracy. for us to get the right hand, the stronghold of PDP must disagree and disintegrate.

It was during Jonathans regime that all this dubious elections are being nullified, this is to tell you he is not really partisan, i think he meant well for nigeria and i can bet it that either anyone from the north like it or yes, he will retain his position. so shall it be!
Re: Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Nov 10, 2010
According to one of our sources" Saraki is the least favourable. The argument is simple, he is not "northern" enough for those in the north east and north west. Babangida has June 12, the Dele Giwa murder still hanging over his head"
Chai! I pity Saraki omo yoruba claiming Hausa cheesy cheesygrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Is it Atiku that will stand Goodluck Jonathan? I beg GEJ don win. GEJ 4 President!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by bisiaet: 2:52pm On Nov 10, 2010
Chai! I pity Saraki omo yoruba to claim Hausa[/ smileyqu

Good for him as he was refer to in such manner now he will sit his a s s and know where he belong now, he is a guy with lost identity. Shame on you Bukola  tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by md4real(m): 2:59pm On Nov 10, 2010
guys, the north does not give a shi**t about the rascal in PDP, its CPC buhari all the way. the only grass root politician still on.
Re: Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by Gbosko: 3:11pm On Nov 10, 2010
Anyone but IBB would do. IBB is purely diabolical sad
Re: Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by confetti(f): 3:13pm On Nov 10, 2010
1025:

let this be true.

And how is this different from imposing candidates on us? Who is Atiku? Nigerians forget to easily. Is that why his campaign signposts read " , The Man Obj and Efcc could not stop" too bad cos if all Nigerians are right thinking, only this comment would have eliminated him because if Efcc and Obj could/ can not stop this man, Invariably, he is above the law as no one can bring him to Justice. How then do I hold such a man accountable?
Re: Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by okosodo: 3:30pm On Nov 10, 2010
No Aboki will be a United Nigerian president again
Re: Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 10, 2010
confetti:

And how is this different from imposing candidates on us? Who is Atiku? Nigerians forget to easily. Is that why his campaign signposts read " , The Man Obj and Efcc could not stop" too bad cos if all Nigerians are right thinking, only this comment would have eliminated him because if Efcc and Obj could/ can not stop this man, Invariably, he is above the law as no one can bring him to Justice. How then do I hold such a man accountable?
He is just simply saying he is above the law.
Atiku is as corrupt as IBB. Have we all forgotten how he looted the treasury of customs when he was there?
Re: Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by bros1234(m): 3:57pm On Nov 10, 2010
Who is atiku? is he a nigerian? fU888CK him.

Nigerians will decide
Re: Atiku Emerges As Nothern Consensus Candidate? by Donmeca(m): 4:04pm On Nov 10, 2010
ollykay:

It was during Jonathans regime that all this dubious elections are being nullified, this is to tell you he is not really partisan, i think he meant well for nigeria and i can bet it that either anyone from the north like it or yes, he will retain his position. so shall it be!

I see a point here. Compare this era with obj/Atiku ere and u will give credit to jonathan. He congratulated Fayemi on his victory. . .it gives the new gov a sense of belonging. Obj/Atiku  wud av told everybody that it is no over. . .that pdp will soon capture Ekiti. GEJ is more law abiding than all of them. The North may have chosen the best of their three four sons but they have not given us a better candidate than the incumbent. People like me won't change for the sake of it. . . we will change from bad to good/ good to better and not the other way round. Atiku is totally worse than GEJ and thus, will fail.

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Richest Countries In The World. Surprise List. / Kwara state PDP Rally View From Adjacent Road(Don’t be deceived) / A Leopard Can’t Change Its Skin — Keyamo Hits Atiku For Promising PDP Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.