Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,166 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? (3331 Views)

Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges / Breaking News: Hand Of God Appears In The Sky In The USA [see Photos] / Married Women Fall From 3 Storey Building While Fighting In Onitsha (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by Environer: 5:23am On Nov 11, 2010
In my history class, we were taught that Oduduwa fell from the sky and founded Yoruba kingdom thereafter. The guy Oduduwa get liver to fall from the sky and still survive the 100000 km downfall. Does it mean Yorubas are all going back to heaven? We the real owners of naija who did not fall from the sky will miss them sorely at least for their amala and efo riro.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oduduwa
Re: Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by chyz(m): 6:33am On Nov 11, 2010
Environer:

In my history class, we were taught that Oduduwa fell from the sky and founded Yoruba kingdom thereafter. The guy Oduduwa get liver to fall from the sky. Does it mean Yorubas are all going back to heaven? We the real owners of naija who did not fall from the sky will miss them sorely.

It is true oduduwa did fall from the heavens and I have proof:

[flash=350,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C18q__R9dwo[/flash]
Re: Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by DapoBear(m): 6:55am On Nov 11, 2010
I'm glad you've acknowledged the superiority of the Yoruba. You have spoken truly; we are descended from heaven. And not surprisingly, God seems to favor us quite a bit.
Re: Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by chyz(m): 7:00am On Nov 11, 2010
DapoBear:

I'm glad you've acknowledged the superiority of the Yoruba. You have spoken truly; we are descended from heaven. And not surprisingly, God seems to favor us quite a bit.

ROTFLMAO! grin grin grin grin grin, my belle don blow. lol
Re: Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by stormm: 7:00am On Nov 11, 2010
@OP,

Did Adam fall from heaven? No. He was created by God according to the bible. Same applies here. There is Olodumare and his pantheon of ministers. Oduduwa was created by Olodumare. Creation stories abound in every ethnic group.
Re: Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by chyz(m): 7:06am On Nov 11, 2010
Here's the 3D version,although the first video is the authentic one: smiley

[flash=350,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew-h0YLKmrc[/flash]
Re: Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by Omolulu(m): 7:08am On Nov 11, 2010
una no go kill person for this life grin
Re: Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by dayokanu(m): 7:13am On Nov 11, 2010
Was Elijah taken by a chariot to heaven?
Re: Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by stormm: 7:34am On Nov 11, 2010
Environer:

We the real owners of naija who did not fall from the sky will miss them sorely.

This Igbo man needs urgent medical attention.
Re: Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by tpia5: 9:18am On Nov 11, 2010
Creation stories abound in every ethnic group

true.

educated minds know the value of mythology.

illiterate ones dont.
Re: Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 11, 2010
dayokanu:

Was Elijah taken by a chariot to heaven?

No, chariot or his own personal Jet?
Re: Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 11, 2010
Pix of Omo Oduduwa falling from the sky. . .

[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:_4xYL8G7uObf_M:http://www.igniq.com/images/superman0706.jpg&t=1[/img]

Omo Oduduwa and his caring 3rd wife, an Igbo woman

OMO Oduduwa and Igbo man fighting because of 3rd wife wink

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:Ws6Ju-vQpsOfZM:http://supermantv.net/images/mike/superman-spidey.jpg&t=1[/img]

Re: Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by oludashmi(f): 9:34am On Nov 11, 2010
Environer:

[b]We the real owners of naija [/b]who did not fall from the sky will miss them sorely.

So you dont need biafra again undecided
Re: Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by Afam4eva(m): 10:49am On Nov 11, 2010
This oduduwa guy pass superman.
Re: Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by tpia5: 10:52am On Nov 11, 2010
looked into the background of the superman myth but didnt find much.

seems to be of germanic origin.
Re: Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by Environer: 11:50am On Nov 11, 2010
Sometimes I wonder which is more practical: Igbos (and that is a few of them) claim to be jews (actually jews by behaviour and not by any genetic stretch) and Yoruba claiming to fall from the sky probably with a thud and actually writing that in a history textbook and teaching everyone. Could it be that Oduduwa was the ekwensu/esu that God drove down from heaven and he came here on earth to distabilize the Nigerian space? Could it be why his descendants kill themselves for every flimsy excuse? I need urgent answers for my PhD thesis. Otherwise I will claim the PhD certificate and begin calling myself a doctor, even if you refuse to provide the answer that I require to pass the exam
Re: Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by tpia5: 11:53am On Nov 11, 2010
^^try to raise the general IQ level, not lower it.
Re: Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by Environer: 11:54am On Nov 11, 2010
tpia@:

^^try to raise the general IQ level, not lower it.

I lower it to accommodate people like you who left the essential part of their brain in the sky.
Re: Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by tpia5: 11:55am On Nov 11, 2010
^^Hmm, well, it seems you're doing a great job of convincing people you're retarded then.
Re: Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by Environer: 11:57am On Nov 11, 2010
tpia@:

^^Hmm, well, it seems you're doing a great job of convincing people you're retarded then.

I nearly got retarded studying that Oduduwa fell from the sky. Now it does look like he did not fall after all; he was pushed.
Re: Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by tpia5: 11:58am On Nov 11, 2010
^^no, your dumbness has always been a part of you, i'm sure.

thats why you sound more and more s.tupid with each post.
Re: Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by tkb417(m): 12:01pm On Nov 11, 2010
Environer:

I lower it to accommodate people like you who left the essential part of their brain in the sky.

Environer:

Sometimes I wonder which is more practical: Igbos (and that is a few of them) claim to be jews (actually jews by behaviour and not by any genetic stretch) and Yoruba claiming to fall from the sky probably with a thud and actually writing that in a history textbook and teaching everyone. Could it be that Oduduwa was the ekwensu/esu that God drove down from heaven and he came here on earth to distabilize the Nigerian space? Could it be why his descendants kill themselves for every flimsy excuse? I need urgent answers for my PhD thesis. Otherwise I will claim the PhD certificate and begin calling myself a doctor, even if you refuse to provide the answer that I require to pass the exam

These are signs you should be locked up and given injections

i suspect your sniff cocaine cos a confirmed leper wouldnt palpitate/convulse with so much vagaries

u need remedial drugs
Re: Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by Environer: 12:04pm On Nov 11, 2010
tkb417:

These are signs you should be locked up and given injections

i suspect your sniff cocaine cos a confirmed leper wouldnt palpitate/convulse with so much vagaries

u need remedial drugs

Is it not easier to claim to be jews (afterall there are Nigerians with Israeli passports) than claiming to fall from the sky and publishing same in a history textbook? I wonder who reviewed that textbook b4 it was published. Was it the esu himself?
Re: Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 11, 2010
Environer:

Mekus get a job! & stop talking about a PHD thesis that doesn't exist you're obviously not PHD material.
Re: Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by texazzpete(m): 1:08pm On Nov 11, 2010
This is what happens when someone realizes he is too dumb to contribute meaningfully and intelligently to any discussion on Nigerian politics. So he resorts to stupid jokes and slurs to get attention.
Please head over to the 'Sexuality' section if you desperately need somewhere to vent on Nairaland.
Re: Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 11, 2010
by their acolytes you shall know them

if this is the sort of dunce lionizing emegwali, the man doesn't need detractors embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by chyz1: 3:13pm On Nov 11, 2010
Environer:

I nearly got retarded studying that Oduduwa fell from the sky. Now it does look like he did not fall after all; he was pushed.

ROTFLMAOgrin grin grin grin
Re: Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by DapoBear(m): 3:15pm On Nov 11, 2010
@Ileke-IdI: Absolutely brilliant!  grin grin grin

Environer:

Which Yoruba truly believe these origin myths? They are ethnic fables. Obviously the river naija is not a woman turned into a river, for example. Do you believe that the Swedes still believe in Thor? Or the Greeks in Zeus?

Igbo claiming to be jews are the same thing some foolish Yoruba do when they claim to be descendants of Arabs; insecurity in their origins as a people and seeking a more "noble" background. Genetic testing is very likely to yield no significant amounts of middle-eastern DNA in either the Yorubaman or the Igbo.

Even in the Hausa man, middle-eastern DNA is not likely to be significant
Re: Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by Environer: 4:36pm On Nov 11, 2010
Umunna,

Now you are free to refer to yourselves as jews, chinese, etc. If Yoruba peps enviously bark at you (as usual) about that, please remind them that they were pushed from the sky so they are UFOs. I wonder why it took umu igbo so long to make the connection.
Re: Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by jason12345: 4:40pm On Nov 11, 2010
Environer:

Umunna,

Now you are free to refer to yourselves as jews, chinese, etc. If Yoruba peps enviously bark at you (as usual) about that, please remind them that they were pushed from the sky so they are UFOs. I wonder why it took umu igbo so long to make the connection.

since tribalism has started on nl, what have you gained?

you should learn to respect peoples culture and origin
Re: Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by tpia5: 4:41pm On Nov 11, 2010
Environer:

Umunna,

so your rants are because you want to be considered a jew?

and who's stopping you from claiming whatever you want to claim?

if you like say you're descended from martian troglodytes.

who actually cares?

bush animal.
Re: Did Oduduwa Fall From The Sky As In Falling From The Sky? by jason12345: 4:43pm On Nov 11, 2010
Tpia, let stop insulting them. pls! lets be the bigger man!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Itsekiri Leaders Disown Omatseye / No Dollar Salary For Okonjo-Iweala, Others — Jonathan / Fashola Commissions Power Project. PICS..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.