Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,620 members, 7,816,551 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion (38304 Views)

Kaduna Massacre: Villagers Sue FG, Demand ₦‎33 Billion Compensation / Hamza Al-Mustapha To Be Named Next NSCDC Boss - Guardian / EFCC Arrests 30-Year-Old For Defrauding Emir Of ₦33 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by Itzurboi(m): 9:01am On Oct 29, 2019
Vince77:

They probably made him a deal.
Okay, thanks....

1 Like

Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 29, 2019
rentAcock:
The other day I decided to check out Mompha's Instagram posts and I noticed that the guy only travels to certain countries. He lives in Dubai and travels to places like Lebanon, Egypt, Jordan and other middle east countries but never to America, Canada or the UK. I thought it was strange that someone who calls himself "citizen of the sky" limits his travel to the middle east with no visits to New York, Las vegas, London, Toronto, Maimi etc.

That was when it all made sense to me - he only travels to countries with lax financial laws. Many of those middle eastern countries are very corrupt anyway, with Saudi Arabia taking the cake. The Saudis could care less if you launder or hide money on their shores, so long as you don't defraud their citizens. Mompha and the likes of Hushpuppi know better not to visit the West because they will be arrested immediately.
He has taken down his Instagram. It will be used as evidence against him.

1 Like

Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by Duru009(m): 9:11am On Oct 29, 2019
BBBmall25:
These Dudes Flashy Live Style Has Cost We Average Legit Hustlers A Lot! My Tamarapretty Can Confirm Lol. On Serious Note, E-money, Huspuppi Should Be Efcc Next V. I. P Guests

E-money is a legit business man. He has a shipping company, a clearing and forwarding firm with the Nigerian customs that makes millions daily...

1 Like

Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by AerialMapper: 9:14am On Oct 29, 2019
EFCC doing what they know how to do best - Make noise everyday on the pages of newspapers

You caught Mompha so what? File your charges and take him to court!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by LyfeJennings(m): 9:15am On Oct 29, 2019
Tallhero:

You can still be a legit man and live there,upgrade your network and your networth would upgrade naturally

Mr upgrade, keep upgrading o.....
Bruh, only few bank/ white collar executives can afford to pay such a huge amount of money as rent. And it won't be from their pocket. Na companies go pay am.
A salary earner can't try it
Very few business men would also be able to pay such huge rent maybe as a result of their lifestyle, not minding the consequences if economic crisis occurs in future but 90% won't even try it
U see the remaining 10%, 8% would rather take that money to relocate their family to a developed country where they would get better value for that money.
2% that don't mind to afford it are the thieves and rogues we are talking about
Chief, U are yet to make good money.
When U do, U won't talk this way
In the meantime, keep upgrading Ur network....
Loool

6 Likes

Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by Systrom(m): 9:16am On Oct 29, 2019
jaxxy:
This is getting messy now.

“Koudeih was arrested at the weekend after a three-hour stand-off at his N1.8 billion luxury apartment in the 33-storey Eko Atlantic Pearl Tower, Victoria Island, Lagos.”

How can an apartment cost N1.8bill for heavens sake? We build houses only people who steal public or private funds can live in. I sincerely hope legit folks can afford these Eko Atlantic apartments.
EFCC exaggerates most of these figures

Buying an apartment in Pearl Towers, Eko Atlantic City costs between $1.5M - $2M depending on the number of rooms

So it is impossible for an apartment to be rented at $5M for a year.

Rent in Pear Towers is about $100k per year

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by LyfeJennings(m): 9:20am On Oct 29, 2019
Systrom:

Buying an apartment in Pearl Towers, Eko Atlantic City costs between $1.5M - $2M depending on the number of rooms

It's not exaggerated
Some got their apartments at 5billion naira depending on the size and floor
The prices might be according to your bargain power
A plot of Land in Banana Island presently might not be the same some 2 years ago.
Timing also matters
These figures are exactly what it is
I hope U know say inside this same Lagos,
That 100naira bottle of coke is sold 3,000 somewhere and people dey buy am
No be outside Lagos o
Inside this same Lagos State.

8 Likes

Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by madridguy(m): 9:20am On Oct 29, 2019
So old man, the fetish items are what the EFCC will tender in court room before judge? tongue tongue Gun is illegal for any unathorized persons/people in Nigeria but fetish item is not.

OhiOfIhima:

You are still a kid though if you don't know that those fetish things are what they use to hypinotize their victims n make them do whatever they ask them to.. Just like an army robbers with guns n claims their guns are not illegal.
Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 29, 2019
lookingfly:
Hushpuppi is next........Yahoo or blood money doesn't pay.
Our fantastically corrupt politicians loot 10 times what Mompha and Hushpuppi have combined.

2 Likes

Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by LyfeJennings(m): 9:26am On Oct 29, 2019
djdutch:

Our fantastically corrupt politicians loot 10 times what Mompha and Hushpuppi have combined.

Not likely....
Maybe a governor
Like Ambode for instance, what he stole from Lagos state is worth way over 50Billion
From Visionscape to BRT Buses to the Loan he tied to Access Bank with his cronies like Aig and Wigwe. U know and so many others
But not a Senator or some director of ministry.
If U loot 5 billion from any ministry in modern day Nigeria, dem go know.
My opinion tho

2 Likes

Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 29, 2019
LyfeJennings:

Mr upgrade, keep upgrading o.....
Bruh, only few bank/ white collar executives can afford to pay such a huge amount of money as rent. And it won't be from their pocket. Na companies go pay am.
A salary earner can't try it
Very few business men would also be able to pay such huge rent maybe as a result of their lifestyle, not minding the consequences if economic crisis occurs in future but 90% won't even try it
U see the remaining 10%, 8% would rather take that money to relocate their family to a developed country where they would get better value for that money.
2% that don't mind to afford it are the thieves and rogues we are talking about
Chief, U are yet to make good money.
When U do, U won't talk this way
In the meantime, keep upgrading Ur network....
Loool
So you believe it cost 5million dollars to rent an apartment in Eko pearl,only if you took your time to check how much it cost to own an apartment there.
A 3 bedroom apartment cost around $1.5m and a service charge of $15k annually,so are you saying there are no legit contractors and business men that can afford this.
Please make use of the internet more often so you don't make baseless arguments.
Have a wonderful day

Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by FarahAideed: 9:27am On Oct 29, 2019
ruggedtimi:
if u use those calabashes na so e go end, No need to look up to most of this big ballers because if you check their source na dirty spiritual money.

True
Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by AdolfHittler: 9:28am On Oct 29, 2019
madridguy:
Further search of his bedroom revealed a fire-proof safe containing different charms and talismans in calabashes.

Why EFCC like to dey display their suspect with calabash and black pot tongue sey dose items are illegal too tongue
they use it to hypnotize their victims
Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 29, 2019
Coldie:
[s]Efcc no try o. This kind capture needs a go pro cam so that we over here can have a feel of the experience just as they did in El chapos capture.

Omen this year Nigeria dae vex o, everybody who ever got his hands on the cookie jar is shaking.

They can come for u at anytime, Buhari and Magu just came at the right time.

I like Atiku but I know he won't want to fight corruption much, After Buhari if we are serious with corruption fight I am from the south east but I don't mind sceeding the Presidency slot to someone like Magu to be president[/s]
Since 1960 $582 billions dollars has been looted by Nigeria's fantastically corrupt politicians. How many have EFCC gone after?
They only have power with yahoo boys.

2 Likes

Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by jaxxy(m): 9:29am On Oct 29, 2019
Systrom:

Hmmm I hope so. So a nite is about N100k based on ur estimates of $100k per year? Sm1 else said 300k

We are yet to see the tourism potential/attraction of this place to warrant an of these prices. The model they apply in bring the right people to this place wud be key to its success and not just turning it to sm shady haven or luxury flat for corrupt the thieves.

Dubai as is where attracts all types of people within certain strata to enjoy its amazements. This is practical and profitable.
Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by AdolfHittler: 9:32am On Oct 29, 2019
ayukdaboss:

There are bad eggs in every country, their flashy lifestyle isn't the reason for your business failures. And the next VIP at EFCC should be Tinubu, if Tinubu can be put in check, a whole state is going to experience a positive difference being loose from his shackles! Unless you're trying to tell me that Hushpuppi's money is not legit while Tinubu's money is? And just so you know, the criminal might contest for the topmost position in the next elections and people will still vote for him! grin
anyuka da boss
Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 29, 2019
Duru009:

E-money is a legit business man. He has a shipping company, a clearing and forwarding firm with the Nigerian customs that makes millions daily...
Where did he get the capital to start a shipping company. It is only in Nigeria you will see people overnight start an oil company(Otedola),airline(Air Peace (Onyeama),shipping( company(E-money). You need billions of naira to get into this businesses-where did they get the source capital?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by Systrom(m): 9:35am On Oct 29, 2019
jaxxy:

Hmmm I hope so. So a nite is about N100k based on ur estimates of $100k per year? Sm1 else said 300k
A night is between N100k-N300k depending on the suite/apartment

1 Like

Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by LyfeJennings(m): 9:35am On Oct 29, 2019
Tallhero:

So you believe it cost 5million dollars to rent an apartment in Eko pearl,only if you took your time to check how much it cost to own an apartment there.
A 3 bedroom apartment cost around $1.5m and a service charge of $15k annually,so are you saying there are no legit contractors and business men that can afford this.
Please make use of the internet more often so you don't make baseless arguments.
Have a wonderful day

I'm talking outright sale
And even at rental,
Not too many people with legal money can stay there or would stay there.
Are u not the young man who is upgrading his circle
Keep upgrading
U are yet to make money like I said earlier
When U do, U will reason right
Na audio reasoning be Ur present state of thinking
When U work hard and make 2m USD
Go and rent EKO PEARL
Like say no be this same money we dey work for.
Do U even have 2million naira to Ur name
I mean hardwork of Ur own and not yahoo
If U are a yahoo boy and U talk this way, I can totally understand but for a normal individual
Shey ori e ti gbale ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by Coldie(m): 9:37am On Oct 29, 2019
djdutch:

Since 1960 $582 billions dollars has been looted by Nigeria's fantastically corrupt politicians. How many have EFCC gone after?
They only have power with yahoo boys.
U fit help us produce the names of those people through the Efcc whistle blower policy now
Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 29, 2019
LyfeJennings:

I'm talking outright sale
And even at rental,
Not too many people with legal money can stay there or would stay there.
Are u not the young man who is upgrading his circle
Keep upgrading
U are yet to make money like I said earlier
When U do, U will reason right
Na audio reasoning be Ur present state of thinking
When U work hard and make 2m USD
Go and rent EKO PEARL
Like say no be this same money we dey work for.
Do U even have 2million naira to Ur name
I mean hardwork of Ur own and not yahoo
If U are a yahoo boy and U talk this way, I can totally understand but for a normal individual
Shey ori e ti gbale ?
Listen,Eko Atlantic as a whole isn't for everyone,but saying that no legit person can live there is where I have a problem,I am into merchandise and I have seen procurement deals go through,and I know the amount of money released for this deals even though most of them are government contracts,but the company's executing this deals have ceos and shareholders.
Are these set of individuals not considered legit business men?
Put into consideration that these people don't own one business,they have different sources of income.please there is money in Nigeria if you are in the right circle.

3 Likes

Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 29, 2019
Coldie:

U fit help us produce the names of those people through the Efcc whistle blower policy now
All former Presidents,Governors,Military Administrators,Senators,Ministers,House of Representative,Commissioners and Local Government Chairman. They are all above the law in the corruption capital of the world.
Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by Duru009(m): 9:43am On Oct 29, 2019
djdutch:

Where did he get the capital to start a shipping company. It is only in Nigeria you will see people overnight start an oil company(Otedola),airline(Air Peace (Onyeama),shipping( company(E-money). You need billions of naira to set this businesses-where did they get the source capital?

Google ......wiki
Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 29, 2019
Duru009:

Google ......wiki
Only connection is government contracts and political connection.
Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by Hedonisco: 9:46am On Oct 29, 2019
LyfeJennings:

It's not exaggerated
Some got their apartments at 5billion naira depending on the size and floor
The prices might be according to your bargain power
A plot of Land in Banana Island presently might not be the same some 2 years ago.
Timing also matters
These figures are exactly what it is
I hope U know say inside this same Lagos,
That 100naira bottle of coke is sold 3,000 somewhere and people dey buy am
No be outside Lagos o
Inside this same Lagos State.

The so-called $5m figure being quoted here is the cost of the apartment (outright purchase), NOT cost of annual rent.

Besides, this dude was staying at the topmost floor, which is always more expensive. I'm sure other lower floor apartments would cost less.
Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by opebiboy: 9:51am On Oct 29, 2019
Shut up your mouth you idiat. Emoney is a fraudster. His over 15years of defrauding people cant be covered with any investment. He will have his day in court soon. Emoney wey chop my money that year. Nemesis must befall am
Duru009:

1 Like

Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by sinceraconcept(m): 10:00am On Oct 29, 2019
The more you look, the less you see.
Mompha,Hushpuppi,E-money,etc are confirm yahoo+ guys.
Only God knows the number of meats that were pounded with soap in some of those calabashes,if you know you know.
You can't pull big money in yahoo without using jazz that requires human flesh,they combine ritual with yahoo, the ritual is to hypnotize clients and for good luck. And you wonder why they're richer than pure ritualists? Because they mix rituals with yahoo
Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by sinceraconcept(m): 10:02am On Oct 29, 2019
opebiboy:
Shut up your mouth you idiat. Emoney is a fraudster. His over 15years of defrauding people cant be covered with any investment. He will have his day in court soon. Emoney wey chop my money that year. Nemesis must befall am
Sorry he duped you bro, you must lose trust in human beings around that time. People like that use juju to dupe their victims successfully

1 Like

Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 29, 2019
sinceraconcept:

Only God knows the number of meats that were pounded with soap in some of those calabashes,if you know you know.
grin
Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by LyfeJennings(m): 10:07am On Oct 29, 2019
Tallhero:

Listen,Eko Atlantic as a whole isn't for everyone,but saying that no legit person can live there is where I have a problem,I am into merchandise and I have seen procurement deals go through,and I know the amount of money released for this deals even though most of them are government contracts,but the company's executing this deals have ceos and shareholders.
Are these set of individuals not considered legit business men?

Now lemme break it down for U.
I'd school U in my small brain
Eko Atlantic in its present state IS NOT FOR ANYBODY LEGIT. Well expatriates who earn in dollars can or might afford to stay there but based on first hand information, those expatriates would rather take that money back to their own country. Presently the CBN States U can't send more than 10,000USD for any individual but banks have a way they do it and help these expats launder their money tho...... Take Note

2. Eko Atlantic is a 40 year project so whatever U see there is nothing compared to what is coming.

3. The CEOs and shareholders U see in your procurement deal wouldn't dare live in Eko pearl cos it's outright madness to spend Ur whole profit for a year in a year. No one does that... Even Chagoury wey get Eko Pearl stays in Banana Island...

4. I don't know how old U are but Use Lekki Phase 1, VGC as a real life model for EKo Atlantic. Not that the legit people won't stay there but not now, it would take a while, give it some 10 years. Everything go don regulate, it won't be as over priced as it is presently. U get the deal....
1.8m USD is what some companies make as profit and no right thinking hard working individual would want to use that as house rent.....

5. The hardworking rich guys would rather rent some 30m naira duplex in Ikoyi. Lay low till when the odds are in his favour. Reinvest the 1.8m USD, mutual funds, eurobond, fixed deposit. If U know what 1.8m USD will give U in profit.... I swearugad, U don't have to work again for the rest of your life.... Just be taking the profit and doing anything U like......

So U see why NO HARDWORKING LEGIT GUY WOULD CONSIDER EKO ATLANTIC OR EKO PEARL AT THE MOMENT.... APART FROM IT BEING A SENSELESS DECISION, IT'S FINANCIALLY UNWISE..... BUT IF U A GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL, LIKES OF RMO, HMO, IDRIS, EVEN TAYO AYINDE CHIEF OF STAFF (DEM NO BORN HIM MAMA WELL TO BUY OR RENT A PLACE LIKE THAT) . SOME BANK MDs self can't afford it. Are they mad? How much is their salary? Abi na profit sharing? A wale tinubu can afford tho.....

Guy, forget what U read o... Wetin dey ground pass am wetin U see

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 29, 2019
GOFRONT:
So it is a Black pot and Calabash that brings huge cash.......And some people be jumping from church to church praying to one Imaginary God for an overnight financial miracle??

Me I don port o.....So many Rich men in this country have these blackpots and Calabashes underneath them bed......The Lebanese was just unfortunate....If u know u know
Christianity don't bring wealth neither does prayers bring riches. Satan rules this world, don't forget that.

2 Likes

Re: Mompha: EFCC Arrests Hamza Koudeih Over Suspected Laundering Of 33 Billion by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 29, 2019
djdutch:

What is the point of gaining the world and losing your own soul. These men are always watching their backs and never have peace of mind.
my guy, forget story. So many who want to die in poverty because they think they can enter heaven by that, might end up in hell. Don't forget poverty and hunger can push a man..... If you know, you know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

More Photos And Video From The Apc Presidential Campaign Rally In Lagos / Patricia Naomi Akwashiki, New Minister For Information Appointed. / Xenophobia: South Africa President, Cyril Ramaphosa Reacts To Xenophobic Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.