Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,516 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure (47261 Views)

Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure / Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others / Ghana Resorts To Diplomacy To Get Nigeria Border Opened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by Fuckthamods: 4:14pm On Oct 30, 2019
NigeriaIsDoomed:
U still remember this day?
Nigeria must progress unless u be witch grin
Go open the border na...if dem born u well grin
Even your moniker says it all... Abnormal person grin
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by NigeriaIsDoomed: 4:17pm On Oct 30, 2019
Fuckthamods:

Even your moniker says it all... Abnormal person grin
e pain am grin grin grin IPOB ! Enemy of the state! Smuggler!
Go find better job if na u be one of those IPOB wey dey smuggle fake products into Nigeria through our land borders.
Hunger go finish u cuz I trust Buhari, maybe u don forget who Buhari be.

Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by Deepfreezer(m): 4:28pm On Oct 30, 2019
Buhari should seal off the entire border. Infact we should do a wall. This border closure is really helping our economy and smuggling of unwanted items has stopped

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by Fuckthamods: 4:44pm On Oct 30, 2019
[s]
NigeriaIsDoomed:
e pain am grin grin grin IPOB ! Enemy of the state! Smuggler!
Go find better job if na u be one of those IPOB wey dey smuggle fake products into Nigeria through our land borders.
Hunger go finish u cuz I trust Buhari, maybe u don forget who Buhari be.
[/s]
Child
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by NigeriaIsDoomed: 4:46pm On Oct 30, 2019
Fuckthamods:
[s][/s]
Child
baby IPOB tongue wee yu get lost now?

Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by Fuckthamods: 4:48pm On Oct 30, 2019
NigeriaIsDoomed:
baby IPOB tongue wee yu get lost now?
Better than skull mining member..
All hail Biafra!!!
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by JAWBONE(m): 4:55pm On Oct 30, 2019
caprini1:
No... pls don't say that,when OBJ made duty for furniture imports 100% , furniture importers cried ,but have you seen the positive upsurge in our local furniture manufacturers?

My neighbor has a poultry farm ,i hardly see him again,because his production is not meeting up with his supplies and so he has doubled up on his work force and production.

The border closure is going to hurt at the beginning,but trust me in no longer distance at least 50% of the things we import will be produced here on a steady basis.

Thank you for your response. The point i am trying to make here is that there are a lot of products that we would love to produce locally, in fact the dream of every country would be to achieve 100% self-reliance but that is impossible. From a purely economic standpoint, i believe there are some infrastructure that needs to be put in place for us to achieve EFFICIENCY in local production. The border closure has increased the price of rice simply because Nigerian rice producers cannot meet demand. The question now is how long will it take them to meet up that gap and will we the consumers have to bear the burden of high price and low quality for that period of time. There are soke things we cannot produce efficiently at the moment no matter how hard we try. e.g apples, wine, clothes etc. They still have to come from abroad because our enviroment does not support it. Let us get our economics right before we try to show force. If other countries begin to retaliate, Nigerian exporters will suffer.

1 Like

Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by govomotors: 5:24pm On Oct 30, 2019
The border closure was not meant to harm anybody or nation. The land border closure was not meant to ban any import into Nigeria.

For the sake of our economy, security and health of our citizen was the main reason, the importation of goods through the land border was ban. The government ban also affect Exportation of goods through the land border.

When Nigeria was rated as the poverty capital of the World, they all laugh and made jest of us as a nation. I read in the news that even Vietnem is begging for the open of the border. Is Vietnam member of Ecowas?

Since 1999, this is the best decision Nigeria Government have ever made. We are feeling the heat now, soon we will enjoy the outcome.
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by pedi(m): 5:26pm On Oct 30, 2019
tot:
Nigerians always unite once an outsider insults them cheesy

Then it's back to status quo the following day....
.oil the your head
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by Nathdoug201: 5:37pm On Oct 30, 2019
b3llo:
Border closure will help our economy.
since the closure of border how much is dollar..
Buhari closed borders in south and opened northern border for his people to do business
Well done sir
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by NigeriaIsDoomed: 5:45pm On Oct 30, 2019
Fuckthamods:

Better than skull mining member..
All hail Biafra!!!
Finally this akpu eater don accept say him be IPOB. I can see that you are still recovering from the Python Dance Militaire Operation. Pele o.... grin
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by Iyango: 9:14pm On Oct 30, 2019
BuddhaPalm:

My brother, no mind them. We are not all like that.

I've lived in Accra for years, and your people are some of the friendliest, nicest and most welcoming people.

Some of us Nigerians are very arrogant and conceited over nothing.

To mention a few...

We have shìt roads, shìt schools, shĺt everything.

Terrorists control large swaths of territory within our country.

We have neither pipe borne water nor electricity.

Herdsmen, armed robbers, militants and kidnappers operate with impunity.

Police routinely murder people extrajudicially. And the military are a law unto themselves.

Internationally, we have the most stellar reputation...of not trafficking drugs or scamming people /s

Yet, despite all these, some how we are still the giant of Africa.

Honestly, we should rather be ashamed of where we are as a country — despite our potentials and resources.

On behalf of the non-stupid members of my country, I sincerely apologise for all those unprovoked insults you received.

Please have pity too, a lot of people are just frustrated.
What is this one talking about? Inferiority complex kill you there. Is Ghana any better? Trust me Nigeria is better than you depicted above
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by harryportter: 8:14am On Oct 31, 2019
Eventspro23:
This nonsense just have to stop how can someone be on a Nigeria platform and be calling us useless and the mod still allow him to be here. Plz mod that guy psycho has violated enuf rules here.
WHY DO U HATE THE TRUTH? HE JUST SPOKE THE OBVIOUS.MIND U AM A NIGERIAN TOO.
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by Eventspro23: 9:35am On Oct 31, 2019
harryportter:
WHY DO U HATE THE TRUTH? HE JUST SPOKE THE OBVIOUS.MIND U AM A NIGERIAN TOO.

What nonsense truth is that. Ur orientation is totally different from mine. Nigeria is my country good or bad. I will never be stupid to abuse it or call it names. How many times have you gone to ghana forum to call it all sort of names.

No matter how bad your house is, it's totally improper for foreigner to come there and abuse you.

That's sane
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 31, 2019
theenchanter:
take ur inferiority complex outta here jor... this is a public forum!
Ghanaians will not die on our borders! Make somebody go console them, abeg!
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 31, 2019
Oluwashola1100:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/nigeria-benin-border-closure-big-blow-to-regional-integration-ghanaian-president.html
Do Ghanaians want to start a war with us? Why are they so obsessed about the border closure? We give them electricity! What else do they want from us?
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 31, 2019
Eventspro23:

What nonsense truth is that. Ur orientation is totally different from mine. Nigeria is my country good or bad. I will never be stupid to abuse it or call it names. How many times have you gone to ghana forum to call it all sort of names.

No matter how bad your house is, it's totally improper for foreigner to come there and abuse you.

That's sane
That's my perspective!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Farooq Kperogi Reacts To Buhari's 2005 Blunder In Ekiti Today / Obaseki’s University Of Ibadan Certificate Different From Other Alumni - Oshioke / Shekau Surfaces In New Video, Says Boko Haram Not Crushed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.