Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure (47270 Views)

Ghanaian Traders Lament Over Nigeria Border Closure / Nigeria’s Border Closure Hits Hard On India, Thailand Others / Ghana Resorts To Diplomacy To Get Nigeria Border Opened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by Ghidey(m): 11:33am On Oct 30, 2019
psychologygh:
what do you poor 200 million poverty capital of the world citizens want from Ghana that you always post Ghanaian news on your stupid site.Leave us alone!!!If you want to feel respected,better solve your extreme poverty and stupid divisions. Ghana's economy is growing at 8% whilst yours is crawling below 2% with your population growth rate of more than 3% being higher than your economic growth rate which is abnormal. To hell with your zoo country and leave Ghana alone.Let any stupid mod ban me for telling you not to report any Ghanaian news on your stinking forum.Poor cows living in a zoo.
what the Bleep is he doing in Nigerian owned Nairaland? go open cediland
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by tot(f): 11:49am On Oct 30, 2019
Nigerians always unite once an outsider insults them cheesy

Then it's back to status quo the following day....

4 Likes

Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by SURVBenedict01(m): 11:50am On Oct 30, 2019
Your rantings are incisive you just make a fool of yourself son
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by NigeriaIsDoomed: 12:01pm On Oct 30, 2019
Lonelypacifist6:
What's the name of their web forum?
Ghanaweb.com and cediland
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by khalids: 12:03pm On Oct 30, 2019
psychologygh:
seriously bro these guys really annoy me.They try to insult Ghanaians and the country at the slightest opportunity they get shouting that they feed Africa and due to their border closure, Ghana will go on recession and am like WTF!!!!They hate Ghana to the core.You watch them troop into this thread to pour their hate against the president who never insulted them and always stood to defend them.

Oga ....this a Nigerian forum...we did not invite you here...

We can say whatever we want within our forum....carry your amebo self go ghana forum

1 Like

Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by NigeriaIsDoomed: 12:03pm On Oct 30, 2019
Passionate888:
What's the web address?
Ghanaweb.com and ceddiland
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 30, 2019
anonimi:

From the ballooned budget you can draw up the menu yourself na.
Simple and simplicita. cheesy grin

and what if the money was used to buy local rice?
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 30, 2019
anonimi:

Never say what you cannot substantiate.
Don't make fake allegations except you are a chronic propagandists of the Alliance of Past/Present Crooks, APC. Is that what you are

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3356469_screenshot20160131120000_jpeg639beaec46d4ced684f639998a489af2

No, I'm not. But it seems you are a fake propagandist for the Politicians' Demonic Party PDP. Am I right?
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by Forward77(m): 12:08pm On Oct 30, 2019
1 - 0
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by JAWBONE(m): 12:26pm On Oct 30, 2019
b3llo:
Border closure will help our economy.

Please don't make statements that you cannot prove. Nigeria cannot survive with closed borders
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by Kennyswagz1(m): 12:33pm On Oct 30, 2019
xelly:

Why will you belittle Biafrans to Ghana? Haba, that is too low now. I do support IPOB but that stops today. National integration is the way.
that guy is an idiot.. everyday biafra this and that
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by Lonelypacifist6: 12:41pm On Oct 30, 2019
tot:
Nigerians always unite once an outsider insults them cheesy

Then it's back to status quo the following day....
I swear I'm loving this thread
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by hardeytarhyour(m): 12:41pm On Oct 30, 2019
So Nigeria is like a life Holder of Other West African Countries Existence And Economy.....
Still with your inferiority you behave as if you are more than that......

Also, Akufo Addo, You want Nigerian Government to leave its Responsibility for her Citizen and be Minding Others abi? Nonsense..

Nigeria Border Will Remain Closed.
And That is Final.

#GODBLESSNIGERIA
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by caprini1: 12:52pm On Oct 30, 2019
Coldie:

Why una just dae hate on Nigerian's.

On a very good day an average Nigerian no send una, we never send each other finish na Ghana we want come send.

I have worked and lived there for a year and half ,and found it is a peaceful country ,yes! apart from that,they are all bambianlah people , everything fake.Not the Eldorado they claim it is..my company asked if i want to head our ghana office,i declined with a grin.
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by caprini1: 12:54pm On Oct 30, 2019
joetem:

Obviously you need attention, black mamba like you, why is your country shouting nah, allow us to close our border in peace, is it your border?

Na only sneeze naija sneeze ooo, even far away India and Indonesia dey feel am, they beg, your government officials have been in an out of Abuja begging, you are here shouting like sokoto goat.
In fact we won't open border until your president kneel down, beg and cry on national TV, post letter of apology on 5 national newspapers and promise to stop exporting that organs damaging drinks produced in your country.

Mind you, the whole gh isn't as big as Ikeja in terms of economy.
Take am easy na grin. you know am b4?
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by wakaawaka(m): 12:58pm On Oct 30, 2019
Don't worry yourself. Go and make money. Ur woman will come back to you.. The naija guys are just sampling there.. they don't intend to wife her. Stop taking things personal chaly... Nyabutre!
psychologygh:
seriously bro these guys really annoy me.They try to insult Ghanaians and the country at the slightest opportunity they get shouting that they feed Africa and due to their border closure, Ghana will go on recession and am like WTF!!!!They hate Ghana to the core.You watch them troop into this thread to pour their hate against the president who never insulted them and always stood to defend them.

1 Like

Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by caprini1: 1:00pm On Oct 30, 2019
JAWBONE:

Please don't make statements that you cannot prove. Nigeria cannot survive with closed borders
No... pls don't say that,when OBJ made duty for furniture imports 100% , furniture importers cried ,but have you seen the positive upsurge in our local furniture manufacturers?

My neighbor has a poultry farm ,i hardly see him again,because his production is not meeting up with his supplies and so he has doubled up on his work force and production.

The border closure is going to hurt at the beginning,but trust me in no longer distance at least 50% of the things we import will be produced here on a steady basis.
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by AkpaAmu99: 1:08pm On Oct 30, 2019
[s]
post=83584691:
We will try not to join with the madness on the first page this time around.

We stand with Our darling President Muhammadu Buhari and his AMIABLE Vice President PROF YEMI OSINBAJO as they are doing all they can to make our country work again.

We love them.
We stand with them.

God bless Nigeria.
[/s]
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by mfm04622: 1:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
Sirwallace:

Are you for real with your assertion?

The multiplying effect on the Nigerian economy cannot be overemphasised.

Do you realise nigeria manufacturers and producers are now working around the clock to meey local demands. Thats more sales for local farmers, polutry owners, local manufacturers etc.
Thats a rise in employment and tax for the govt.

The Govt get more duties from sea port usage as opposed to the Benin republic getting all the goodies and smuggling the product to the country.

You forget Nigeria manufactures for the while of West Africa and even up to Central Africa! We underrate our manufacturing prowess because our manufacturers or their customers smuggles those goods out of Nigeria without paying duty! I schooled in Maiduguri and up to 2000 that I was there, if you go to a certain park, you will see goods manufactured in Nigeria being parked into different types of vehicles to be smuggled out! Plastic, pharmaceutical products, mats, etc! What if I told you a lie that food manufactured in Nigeria like Indomie, Milo, etc are supplied to the whole of West Africa? If you buy anything produced in Nigeria and the details are written in French and English, that thing is not meant for consumption only in Nigeria! It is meant for the whole if West Africa! Those manufacturers, how will they survive? We need to resolve the smuggling issue (both in and out) but the border need to be opened because it won't solve the problems!
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by caprini1: 1:33pm On Oct 30, 2019
Dasuks:

You are fully aware of the difference in scale of both economies yeah? Regardless of present growth rates trends u cannot compare a 45 billion usd gdp to a 400 billion usd economy. Esp when if we are to look at the 1995 to 2015 (long term period) Ghana's economy moved from 7 to 45 bln whilst Nigeria's did a 15× from 30 to 500 bln.

Sustainable growth in Nigeria is still higher and on the issue of poverty the Nigerian consumer earns a poor 1900 usd compared to Ghana's POORER 1600 usd. The poverty capital talk comes from applying poverty rates to the higher population figure thus producing a bigger absolute value. The rates are arguably higher across the region but the scale in numbers is numbed by the smaller populations. The wealth holdings in Lagos exceed that of Ghana (59 bln) and cities like Abuja Kano and PHC could very well match the entire nation's.......

Allow Nigeria fix her issues and stop pointless talk. Because on the issue of regional integration it's still the same Nigeria that contributes more than 60% of all funds to the ECOWAS. 710 million in 15 years compared to 700 mln contributed by all other members cumulatively.... even with the oil revenues from the GNPC u could never even dream to make half of those contributions.

Cut it with the poverty talk... it gets stale. Between the major cities Nigerian HNWIs are wealthier than the entire region put together. Shush.
You need not go through all this stress to educate the dingbat,the purchase powers of both countries currencies answers the question.
An average labourer in Nigeria can eat a 300 naira food and still work with good strength,can a labourer in Ghana get his belly filled with 5 cedis? hell no!
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by Multiplier7(m): 1:54pm On Oct 30, 2019
Arizonaguy:
Dude you are so funny
The last sentence cracks me up...you are a comedian man

Thanks for that compliment bro. That's why we are here. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by olawale2020(m): 1:56pm On Oct 30, 2019
Nigeria is often referred to as the "Giant of Africa", owing to its large population and economy. With 186 million inhabitants, Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa and the seventh most populous country in the world.
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by Sirwallace(m): 2:00pm On Oct 30, 2019
mfm04622:

You forget Nigeria manufactures for the while of West Africa and even up to Central Africa! We underrate our manufacturing prowess because our manufacturers or their customers smuggles those goods out of Nigeria without paying duty! I schooled in Maiduguri and up to 2000 that I was there, if you go to a certain park, you will see goods manufactured in Nigeria being parked into different types of vehicles to be smuggled out! Plastic, pharmaceutical products, mats, etc! What if I told you a lie that food manufactured in Nigeria like Indomie, Milo, etc are supplied to the whole of West Africa? If you buy anything produced in Nigeria and the details are written in French and English, that thing is not meant for consumption only in Nigeria! It is meant for the whole if West Africa! Those manufacturers, how will they survive? We need to resolve the smuggling issue (both in and out) but the border need to be opened because it won't solve the problems!

I understand your point. But is it a common knowledge we consume more than we produce.
Smugglers of these goods undermine local manufacturers and that is why most of them go out of business.

We are talking tons of goods smuggle into the country without a penny being paid as duties on these goods. No developed country can take that. It is called trade Imbalance and we are at the receiving end.

Another thing is the issue of Nigerian Mindset and inferiority complex towards our own good. We import more than we export especially goods that can be produced around here.

In the long run, we stand to gain more than lose with the closure as lesser demands of dollar used in importing these goods will strengthen the Naira, boost local production, create employment and grow the economy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by Multiplier7(m): 2:00pm On Oct 30, 2019
HimName:

Oh my!

My name is Mensah. I am a Ghanaian. Truth be told, I am in siriohs sifia pain.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 30, 2019
caprini1:
You need not go through all this stress to educate the dingbat,the purchase powers of both countries currencies answers the question.
An average labourer in Nigeria can eat a 300 naira food and still work with good strength,can a labourer in Ghana get his belly filled with 5 cedis? hell no!

My bad I had to type something. Ppl over quote the poverty stat a lot without recognizing what that means for Africa as a whole. If NG is extremely poor then what adjective would qualify countries with lower productivity and worse poverty rates, numbees notwothstanding ? And to see that coming from a featherweight country is a bit sad. Dont really criticize other Africans but oh well..

And back to your point. All the 5cedis would buy is a bottle of coke. While the labourer will chop bellefull. Currency exchange rates are meaningless on their own. Afterall more Nigerians are bound to demand/use the cedi than the other way round. Any African currency weaker than ours without any manufacturing activity going on is not serious.

1 Like

Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by ernieboy(m): 2:36pm On Oct 30, 2019
FarahAideed:
If Buhari can't honor the ECOWAS protocol on free movt and trade then he should pull Nigeria out of it or better still ECOWAS should grow some balls and expel Nigeria
closure of the borders does not mean there is not free movement, it just means u can't come through the land borders, there is the sea and air.
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:37pm On Oct 30, 2019
psychologygh:

My brother, no mind them. We are not all like that.

I've lived in Accra for years, and your people are some of the friendliest, nicest and most welcoming people.

Some of us Nigerians are very arrogant and conceited over nothing.

To mention a few...

We have shìt roads, shìt schools, shĺt everything.

Terrorists control large swaths of territory within our country.

We have neither pipe borne water nor electricity.

Herdsmen, armed robbers, militants and kidnappers operate with impunity.

Police routinely murder people extrajudicially. And the military are a law unto themselves.

Internationally, we have the most stellar reputation...of not trafficking drugs or scamming people /s

Yet, despite all these, some how we are still the giant of Africa.

Honestly, we should rather be ashamed of where we are as a country — despite our potentials and resources.

On behalf of the non-stupid members of my country, I sincerely apologise for all those unprovoked insults you received.

Please have pity too, a lot of people are just frustrated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by Galaxydon1(m): 3:33pm On Oct 30, 2019
b3llo:
Border closure will help our economy.
And a bag of rice is 30k
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by NigeriaIsDoomed: 4:00pm On Oct 30, 2019
Fuckthamods:

Jealous of what? How many Nigerians has eaten breakfast today? We in this country like to feel ourselves meanwhile we are nothing but bunch of corrupted tribalistic set of animals fighting for politicians that have no interests in giving us a better life.
IPOD abi na IPOB get behind me biko. To hell with your IPOB nonsense you this enemy of progress.
Maybe you be witch tongue
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by NigeriaIsDoomed: 4:04pm On Oct 30, 2019
sexiestharam:

Ecowas to grow which balls? Is Nigeria not bigger than all ECOWAS States put together? ECOWAS dey fear to even issue statement. grin cheesy Them no born ECOWAS members well to expel Nigeria. Can NATO expel USA? Them no fit na.
Yes o....Even AU cannot expel Nigeria, dem no born dem well make dem expel the GIANT of AFRICA.
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by Fuckthamods: 4:04pm On Oct 30, 2019
[s]
NigeriaIsDoomed:
IPOD abi na IPOB get behind me biko. To hell with your IPOB nonsense you this enemy of progress.
Maybe you be witch tongue
[/s]
Where did you see ipob in my write up? Insecured dunce tongue
Re: President Akufo-Addo Speaks On Nigeria Border Closure by NigeriaIsDoomed: 4:10pm On Oct 30, 2019
Fuckthamods:
[s][/s]
Where did you see ipob in my write up? Insecured dunce tongue
U still remember this day?
Nigeria must progress unless u be witch grin
Go open the border na...if dem born u well grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Don’t Touch Peter Obi, Datti Baba-ahmed, HURIWA Warns DSS / Troops On Patrol Encounter Terrorists, Recover Arms / June 12 Protests Hit Akure, Osogbo, Ibadan (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.