Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,057 members, 7,835,574 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? (25284 Views)

Of All Messi’s Photos, These Two Are The Most Heart Breaking For Certain Fans / Emiliano Sala: His Sister Posts Heart Breaking Tribute / 10 Worst Goalkeepers Mistakes In Football History (funny) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Tony90(m): 4:58pm On Oct 30, 2019
2006 UCL final btw ARSENAL and FCB 2015 U20 FIFA WORLD CUP FINAL btw Nigeria and Argentina
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by rawpadgin(m): 4:59pm On Oct 30, 2019
Roddyricch1:
I cried during the ucl final in 2009 between Chelsea and Man U, the moment anelka missed that penalty.. I WEPT cry but God put a smile on my face 3 years after at allianz arena.
that was actually2008
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by dabossman(m): 4:59pm On Oct 30, 2019
madridguy:
Some of my top most heartbreaking moment in football.

USA 1994: NIGERIA VS ITALY
Just as discussed on a thread here yesterday, Roberto Baggio gave me heart attack that day which took few days before i could recover.

Ghana/Nigeria 2000( Cup of Nation ) : CAMEROUN VS NIERIA .... FINAL
Immediately Victor Ikpeba penalty was disallow my BP nearly cut, it was a very sad Sunday evening.

SYDNEY 2000 ( OLYMPIC FOOTBALL GAME )
Nigeria Vs Chile
This particular match every Nigeria sport papers tagged Agali vs Zamarano tongue Victor Agali was our Ahmed Musa of that tournament tongue Chile beat us like small pickin and i cannot forget that morning.

Trinidad and Tobago 2001 ( FIFA U-17 )

One of the best Nigeria outing in junior level. This tournament produce Nigeria player like Femi Opabunmi, Temile, Sambo and co shocked Due to time difference, every match for this tournament is midnight Nigeria time. Chai, futbol don suffer me tongue
Our opening match was against France which we won but they revenge for Final whooping us 3-0.

Sinama-Pongole and Le Tallec those boys shows us pepper that midnight.

Korea/Japan 2002 ( Fifa world cup )
Nigeria vs Sweden

Our darling Super Eagle needed that match so badly as second match of the tournament after we have lost first game to Argentina. We started the match well, with brilliant performance but last last Henrik Larssen do us strong thing. To go school that day na war tongue

Your head dey there. But for me there was only one. Our loss to Italy at USA 94. That night I cried ehn. Since then, never again. No matter how painful, I get over it immediately.

And for all those who like to ask "Where is Chrisantus? Where is Rabiu Ibrahim?" Sinama Pongolle and Anthony Le Tellec were stars for France at U17 o. Liverpool even signed them. Byt they never progressed to become stars at senior level. I always say it's not peculiar to Nigeria, and it is not always down to being over-aged.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Teejaney88(m): 5:02pm On Oct 30, 2019
Sonoyom:

2007/2008 season. 2008/2009 season Chelsea lost to Barcelona with the help of Howard Webb.
it was actually Tom Henning Ovrebo, a Norwegian referee not Howard Webb...
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by komodapson(m): 5:07pm On Oct 30, 2019
actor8787:
When Arsenal lose to Barcelona Champions League final whereby thierry Henry lost much of our chances. It cost him too by losing FIFA Best player of the year to Ronaldinho and European higher goalscorer to Diego Folanm. That was most saddest moment in football as Arsenal Fans

Freddie and Hleb missed a whole lot of chances also...so so painful...more so when Robert pores was substituted for Almunia after Jens Lehmann was red carded
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by wiseone28: 5:09pm On Oct 30, 2019
Dizzyrascal:
that match is not real, It is just a figment of people's imagination
I watched it
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Mctitanmj(m): 5:11pm On Oct 30, 2019
fifa giving 2010 ballon dor to messi
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by maxiflexy(m): 5:12pm On Oct 30, 2019
Leebeedo:
Mine is linked to money oh. I've made lots of money from sports bet and could have made more if not for teams like Bayern, arsenal and both Madrids.

There was a day I could have made up to 7million naira. I just needed arsenal to win or draw but they messed up and that's y I hate arsenal with a passion.

I've won and still making millions monthly.
any headsup
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by cityprince(m): 5:15pm On Oct 30, 2019
My elder brother is a Chelsea fan and I am a manu fan. when manu won Chelsea in 2008 uefa championship I was rejoicing and laughing him I mistakenly hit his leg d kind of beating I received
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Caleycash(m): 5:30pm On Oct 30, 2019
Roddyricch1:
I cried during the ucl final in 2009 between Chelsea and Man U, the moment anelka missed that penalty.. I WEPT cry but God put a smile on my face 3 years after at allianz arena.
Me too I nearly died that evening!!!... most horrible experience ever in my life, I felt severe headache throughout that night. since then I learnt to take football very simple cus am very committed in anything I do!

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by TruthProphet: 5:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
madridguy:
Some of my top most heartbreaking moment in football.

USA 1994: NIGERIA VS ITALY
Just as discussed on a thread here yesterday, Roberto Baggio gave me heart attack that day which took few days before i could recover.

Ghana/Nigeria 2000( Cup of Nation ) : CAMEROUN VS NIERIA .... FINAL
Immediately Victor Ikpeba penalty was disallow my BP nearly cut, it was a very sad Sunday evening.

SYDNEY 2000 ( OLYMPIC FOOTBALL GAME )
Nigeria Vs Chile
This particular match every Nigeria sport papers tagged Agali vs Zamarano tongue Victor Agali was our Ahmed Musa of that tournament tongue Chile beat us like small pickin and i cannot forget that morning.

Trinidad and Tobago 2001 ( FIFA U-17 )

One of the best Nigeria outing in junior level. This tournament produce Nigeria player like Femi Opabunmi, Temile, Sambo and co shocked Due to time difference, every match for this tournament is midnight Nigeria time. Chai, futbol don suffer me tongue
Our opening match was against France which we won but they revenge for Final whooping us 3-0.

Sinama-Pongole and Le Tallec those boys shows us pepper that midnight.

Korea/Japan 2002 ( Fifa world cup )
Nigeria vs Sweden

Our darling Super Eagle needed that match so badly as second match of the tournament after we have lost first game to Argentina. We started the match well, with brilliant performance but last last Henrik Larssen do us strong thing. To go school that day na war tongue

That Sweden match enn! imagine we escape school to go watch match, still we lose; how we wan take enta school that day na wahala.
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Ruicosta10(m): 5:35pm On Oct 30, 2019
actor8787:
When Arsenal lose to Barcelona Champions League final whereby thierry Henry lost much of our chances. It cost him too by losing FIFA Best player of the year to Ronaldinho and European higher goalscorer to Diego Folanm. That was most saddest moment in football as Arsenal Fans
I was sick for days. Was a true heartbreak.
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Sunnyobums: 5:44pm On Oct 30, 2019
Man u vs Chelsea the first match this season, the moment Daniel James scored the 4th goal and ran off like a headless chicken, the anger raging within my soul was so great that I almost beat my friend to death for trolling me on the way home, inside life.
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by MrFly(m): 5:45pm On Oct 30, 2019
oh dear Arsenal, everything u have done after 2004 have messed me up. Wake up please but u have no future under Unai. Kroenke are u with me?
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Sunnyobums: 5:48pm On Oct 30, 2019
obembet:
When Manchester united beat Chelsea in champion league final 2008,

When Barcelona beat Manchester united in champion league final 2009,

When drogba score offside goal against Nigeria. That's why I hate drogba and Chelsea till date.

For saying you hate my Chelsea, you will marry a Chelsea fan.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Judesayo: 5:48pm On Oct 30, 2019
God bless you bro lol, I can’t even eat that night , that match pain me like shitt, Nigeria scored but it was cancelled
Anskid:
We love football, sometimes when some results don't go our way we cry, some lose appetite, some don't talk to their partners.

I've got a few such moments ... As a Barcelona fan, the Roma and Liverpool comebacks made me almost sick.

But the first time I truly cried was when Nigeria lost to Switzerland in the 2009 FIFA U-17 World Cup final hosted by Nigeria. I was very young and hated everything. Life seemed worthless after the defeat, lol.

Share yours.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by obembet(f): 5:50pm On Oct 30, 2019
Sunnyobums:

For saying you hate my Chelsea, you will marry a Chelsea fan.

God forbid
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by obembet(f): 5:52pm On Oct 30, 2019
Dizzyrascal:
your love for football always never ceases to amaze me. It is sooo pure...but I don't understand do you support Chelsea or Man Utd...because you included man Utd beating Chelsea as a painful moment while also including Barca defeating Man Utd

I was happy when Manchester united beat Chelsea
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Anskid(m): 5:54pm On Oct 30, 2019
OBTMOS:
nooo... I have AC Milan fans as friend

Oh, nice bro.
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Fmusty: 5:55pm On Oct 30, 2019
Anytime C Ronaldo scores a goal.
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Fmusty: 5:56pm On Oct 30, 2019
That moment Samuel Eto equalize against Arsenal in Champions League final.
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Anskid(m): 5:57pm On Oct 30, 2019
Judesayo:
God bless you bro lol, I can’t even eat that night , that match pain me like shitt, Nigeria scored but it was cancelled

Lol bro, we all had total belief that our boys would win. It was just so unfortunate... I can remember Granit Xhaka was in that game for the Swiss team
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Phyde: 5:57pm On Oct 30, 2019
Andrie Eniesta late goal against Chelsea in one of the champions league knockout stage. I collapse when that goal entered.
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Anskid(m): 5:58pm On Oct 30, 2019
Sunnyobums:
Man u vs Chelsea the first match this season, the moment Daniel James scored the 4th goal and ran off like a headless chicken, the anger raging within my soul was so great that I almost beat my friend to death for trolling me on the way home, inside life.

Lol bro you said headless chicken grin grin grin grin
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Anskid(m): 6:00pm On Oct 30, 2019
kvngtomi:

Those ones are not even heartbreaking, as a madrid fan and even other madrid fans can relate, one of the most heartbreaking was in 2013, losing to Dortmund 4-1, then winning 2-0, only to be looking for 1 goal like a developer looking for a bug embarassed

I remember very well, Robert Lewandowski used you guys to train grin

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Anskid(m): 6:02pm On Oct 30, 2019
Dizzyrascal:
then you can add me to that list. I am an AC Milan fan from the onset. Infact, it is the first team I truly ever supported..that match was simply heartbreaking�..

The irony of it all is that, I am now a Liverpool supporter because of Juergen klopp. Inside life

It must be really hard being a fan of AC Milan these years. They're now a former big team bro
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by hekkyboi: 6:05pm On Oct 30, 2019
Igbosmoker:
cry 2014 world cup final between Argentina and Germany

Then liverpool vs Barcelona 2nd leg cry cry
a babilonia messi fan spotted
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Anskid(m): 6:08pm On Oct 30, 2019
gulfer:
Forget, we are many....AC Milan fans are currently on hibernation.... grin grin grin grin grin FYI, We have a thread in the soccer section https://www.nairaland.com/20307/ac-milan-thread-home-red/22#52497948 cool cool cool cool

Wow! Are you serious Even in these terrible years for AC Milan? You guys are truly a good example of "till death do us apart" fans
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Sunnyobums: 6:09pm On Oct 30, 2019
obembet:

God forbid
Lol, I never knew the hatred for Chelsea was this deep shaa, and mind you, for saying God forbid, your children will grow up supporting the blues
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Sunnyobums: 6:10pm On Oct 30, 2019
Anskid:

Lol bro you said headless chicken grin grin grin grin
That's how he ran away in celebration
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by hakeemhakeem(m): 6:13pm On Oct 30, 2019
USA 94 big vs ita I could not eat that very night and that was first and last no football match can makes me go through that again
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by obembet(f): 6:13pm On Oct 30, 2019
Sunnyobums:

Lol, I never knew the hatred for Chelsea was this deep shaa, and mind you, for saying God forbid, your children will grow up supporting the blues

I will disown them dear. If my future husband change to Chelsea, na divorce straight

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa Reacts After Being Named Nigerian 2018 Player Of The Year! (Photo) / Betting Professor / Dalung Kicks Against Nigeria's World Cup Participation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.