Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,259 members, 7,836,183 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? (25295 Views)

Of All Messi’s Photos, These Two Are The Most Heart Breaking For Certain Fans / Emiliano Sala: His Sister Posts Heart Breaking Tribute / 10 Worst Goalkeepers Mistakes In Football History (funny) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 30, 2019
obembet:
When Manchester united beat Chelsea in champion league final 2008,

When Barcelona beat Manchester united in champion league final 2009,

When drogba score offside goal against Nigeria. That's why I hate drogba and Chelsea till date.

I hate to remember this
Drogba put am for enyeama Kolo as he ran out

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by kaziblake(f): 2:45pm On Oct 30, 2019
Juventus VS Chelsea game during the 2012/2013 Champion league match...Oscar scored two nice goals that night but Mikel obi mistake error which made Juve equalised ensured we didn't go through the group stage thereby becoming d first team to win champion league and bowing out during d group stage..
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by omoiyamayor(m): 2:47pm On Oct 30, 2019
madridguy:
Let me help you bro, grin

2006 UCL FINAL against FCB tongue

to mention but few
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Leebeedo(m): 2:47pm On Oct 30, 2019
Mine is linked to money oh. I've made lots of money from sports bet and could have made more if not for teams like Bayern, arsenal and both Madrids.

There was a day I could have made up to 7million naira. I just needed arsenal to win or draw but they messed up and that's y I hate arsenal with a passion.

I've won and still making millions monthly.
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 30, 2019
d day wey Man Utd lose 6-1 to man city for Old Trafford,,, afta all d mouth wey I make.. I no enta house till in d night

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by SmellingAnus(m): 2:48pm On Oct 30, 2019
madridguy:
Istanbul 2005 grin A wonderful night full of drama grin though initially i supported AC Milan because of Shevchenko, love Shevvy that time but immediately the Ancellotti removed him and other stars after leading, i was angry then i switch to Liverpool. That night was classical and cannot be forgotten so soon.

you and I share something in common here... I was a die hard fan of Sheva first then AC Milan... It was a heart breaking experience for me although not as bad as France 98 when Nigeria lost to Denmark
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 30, 2019
franchasng:
I am yet to forgive two footballers:

1.) Yakubu Aiyegbeni

2.) Luiz Suarez for using hand to catch Ghana goal during SA 2019 world cup angry
is 2010 not 2019

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by olayinka63: 2:50pm On Oct 30, 2019
Man u vs Arsenal FA cup final 2005. Arsenal won on shoot out despite man u dominance from first to last minutes.
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 30, 2019
Leebeedo:
Mine is linked to money oh. I've made lots of money from sports bet and could have made more if not for teams like Bayern, arsenal and both Madrids.

There was a day I could have made up to 7million naira. I just needed arsenal to win or draw but they messed up and that's y I hate arsenal with a passion.

show us ticket oga
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by jamesfadairo(m): 2:52pm On Oct 30, 2019
madridguy:
I swear football no sweet again grin deadly and brilliant strikers everywhere.

you are very right, too many lazy strikers these days
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by hopefulLandlord: 2:57pm On Oct 30, 2019
Marcelo Zalayeta's goal against Madrid in 2005, still remember Raul Bravo (Madrid player) controlling the ball and setting it up for him. my heart sank
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by antzlaive(m): 2:57pm On Oct 30, 2019
That John Terry's slip
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by DonMekino(m): 2:58pm On Oct 30, 2019
madridguy:
Istanbul 2005 grin A wonderful night full of drama grin though initially i supported AC Milan because of Shevchenko, love Shevvy that time but immediately the Ancellotti removed him and other stars after leading, i was angry then i switch to Liverpool. That night was classical and cannot be forgotten so soon.

nobody removed shevchenko infact he missed the last penalty kick
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Barile001(m): 2:58pm On Oct 30, 2019
liverpool vs sevilla 2016 Europa league finals and 2018 UCL finals. but now no more heart breaks. over to arsenal fans. i feel for them shaa
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Barile001(m): 3:01pm On Oct 30, 2019
ur either WOMANIZER or a chain smoker
Opistorincos:
None. I just dont know why I dont find football interesting as a dude.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 30, 2019
toobusy:
that very moment Andre Iniesta hit that ball to the right hand top corner in that champions league semi-final match between Chelsea and Barca at Stamford bridge with just few seconds to go and Chelsea was leading by a lone goal from MICHAEL Essene and cech just couldn't do anything about it,I was a die hard Chelsea fan, almost had a cardiac arrest that night,it was like a missile was shot straight to my heart,didn't know how I managed to survive that night,had to caution myself vehemently after that night
grin
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by 001spice: 3:10pm On Oct 30, 2019
NIGERIA VS ITALY. USA 1994
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by igboamakaaa: 3:10pm On Oct 30, 2019
Anskid:

Lol sorry bro. You were on the receiving end of The Miracle Of Istanbul. Liverpool are truly the mentality giants, Kings of Never say never. They were destined to win it.

You're the first AC Milan fan I've met in Nigeria tho
We are many, veeery many

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by adamskutty(m): 3:10pm On Oct 30, 2019
Anskid:
We love football, sometimes when some results don't go our way we cry, some lose appetite, some don't talk to their partners.

I've got a few such moments ... As a Barcelona fan, the Roma and Liverpool comebacks made me almost sick.

But the first time I truly cried was when Nigeria lost to Switzerland in the 2009 FIFA U-17 World Cup final hosted by Nigeria. I was very young and hated everything. Life seemed worthless after the defeat, lol.

Share yours.
Mine was the ucl final between chelsea and man u in 2008.

I cried like a baby when anelka missed his spot kick, it was so heart breaken.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Antara0503(m): 3:11pm On Oct 30, 2019
madridguy:
Some of my top most heartbreaking moment in football.

USA 1994: NIGERIA VS ITALY
Just as discussed on a thread here yesterday, Roberto Baggio gave me heart attack that day which took few days before i could recover.

Ghana/Nigeria 2000( Cup of Nation ) : CAMEROUN VS NIERIA .... FINAL
Immediately Victor Ikpeba penalty was disallow my BP nearly cut, it was a very sad Sunday evening.

SYDNEY 2000 ( OLYMPIC FOOTBALL GAME )
Nigeria Vs Chile
This particular match every Nigeria sport papers tagged Agali vs Zamarano tongue Victor Agali was our Ahmed Musa of that tournament tongue Chile beat us like small pickin and i cannot forget that morning.

Trinidad and Tobago 2001 ( FIFA U-17 )

One of the best Nigeria outing in junior level. This tournament produce Nigeria player like Femi Opabunmi, Temile, Sambo and co shocked Due to time difference, every match for this tournament is midnight Nigeria time. Chai, futbol don suffer me tongue
Our opening match was against France which we won but they revenge for Final whooping us 3-0.

Sinama-Pongole and Le Tallec those boys shows us pepper that midnight.

Korea/Japan 2002 ( Fifa world cup )
Nigeria vs Sweden

Our darling Super Eagle needed that match so badly as second match of the tournament after we have lost first game to Argentina. We started the match well, with brilliant performance but last last Henrik Larssen do us strong thing. To go school that day na war tongue
dat ghana-nigeria 2000 abi na nighana 2000 broke my heart ehn,its still d most painful
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by egbaguy2: 3:16pm On Oct 30, 2019
Barcelona vs Chelsea.... When that stupid ovrebo of a referee blew rubbish. That iniesta last second goal ehn.... I left viewing centre and started saying 'why why why' as I was going home
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Sonoyom(m): 3:17pm On Oct 30, 2019
maxiflexy:
Not WEBB though, but Tom Henning Ovrebo embarassed embarassed embarassed
yesssssss i just realised Webb is the Man Utd referee
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by xanderpeper(m): 3:19pm On Oct 30, 2019
As a Catalan gaint it was both Roma and Liverpool, e pain me but shit happens that's life so way forward.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by simiife: 3:21pm On Oct 30, 2019
echobazz:

Congrats for passing the WAEC exam despite not allowing the strain of my darling Liverpool Club affect your grades.

You're really strong we need you at Liverpool.

Come and be a Red. YNWA

lai lai,Liverpool, never,my love for barca is more dan dat,

anyways thanks for d complement

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by aspirebig: 3:21pm On Oct 30, 2019
Nations cup year 2000 finals.

The tension was second to none.
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by BOFREJO(m): 3:28pm On Oct 30, 2019
omoiyamayor:
I'm arsenal fan,I stop counting but won't stop supporting
cos ev'ry moment of arsenal game ranges from heart attack to heartbreak.....

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by nkemdi89(f): 3:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
Under 23 world cup between Nigeria and Argentina in 2004, everyone in my house fell sick, last year world cup , I cried to the extent of rolling on the ground, all my neighbours were consoling me, until I called my mum and she consoled me, before I was able to get myself.
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Ogegod87: 3:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
franchasng:

1.) Yakubu Aiyegbeni

2.) Luiz Suarez for using hand to catch Ghana goal during SA 2019 world cup angry

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Suarez is a beast mtcheeeewww
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by osilamah77(m): 3:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
I just hated Barcelona in the most controversial match ever against Chelsea.. Up till now i still hate them. Ive forgiven them (barca) but i cant forget
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Fladm(m): 3:31pm On Oct 30, 2019
Leebeedo:

Show me small way na... Madrid and arsenal don almost finish me.. Lol
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by OhiOfIhima: 3:31pm On Oct 30, 2019
franchasng:

1.) Yakubu Aiyegbeni

That Ghana game was my most devastating moment in football because Africa were on the verged of making history.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Opistorincos(m): 3:34pm On Oct 30, 2019
Barile001:
ur either WOMANIZER or a chain smoker

None of the above. I am an internet freak though

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Dalung Kicks Against Nigeria's World Cup Participation / Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? / Shola Shoretire To Sign Man United First Professional Contract

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.