Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,174 members, 7,835,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? (25290 Views)

Of All Messi’s Photos, These Two Are The Most Heart Breaking For Certain Fans / Emiliano Sala: His Sister Posts Heart Breaking Tribute / 10 Worst Goalkeepers Mistakes In Football History (funny) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by actor8787(m): 2:27pm On Oct 30, 2019
When Arsenal lose to Barcelona Champions League final whereby thierry Henry lost much of our chances. It cost him too by losing FIFA Best player of the year to Ronaldinho and European higher goalscorer to Diego Folanm. That was most saddest moment in football as Arsenal Fans

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by RenHub: 2:28pm On Oct 30, 2019
madridguy:
Till date if i hold Larssen i must bite him. He suffered Nigeria that day. Taribo west get turban grin for the match.

Swears. Too many deadly strikers in that era
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by salford1: 2:28pm On Oct 30, 2019
USA 1994: NIGERIA VS ITALY
Eguavon's flop and Roberto Baggio scoring the winning goal as a result of the flop.
That was the best eagles we ever had. Stopped taking football serious after that.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Corroro: 2:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
Anskid:
We love football, sometimes when some results don't go our way we cry, some lose appetite, some don't talk to their partners.

I've got a few such moments ... As a Barcelona fan, the Roma and Liverpool comebacks made me almost sick.

But the first time I truly cried was when Nigeria lost to Switzerland in the 2009 FIFA U-17 World Cup final hosted by Nigeria. I was very young and hated everything. Life seemed worthless after the defeat, lol.

Share yours.
mine would be this past weekend when Tottenham failed to draw or win Liverpool after scoring first, dem cut my ticket cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by gcof(m): 2:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
Roddyricch1:
I cried during the ucl final in 2009 between Chelsea and Man U, the moment anelka missed that penalty.. I WEPT cry but God put a smile on my face 3 years after at allianz arena.
2008 finals in Moscow
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Buffalo2(m): 2:31pm On Oct 30, 2019
Starboytwo:
See onyekuru on the floor
Those lads are savages
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by madridguy(m): 2:31pm On Oct 30, 2019
No mind the girl, i told her that afternoon Saturday make we go watch the ball together she said no, okay make i go come she said no, i ask what do you want? She replied, if you love me don't go for the match tongue i said impossible, she started crying and said, as you have make me cry, your team will also cry after the match grin i just hug her and left.

Immediately after the match, she called me to boo me lipsrsealed

fergie001:

Hahahahahahaha....
That 103rd min goal tear my heart....

After we played a very very good game against Chelsea...the best against that Mou's Chelsea.....

That club don suffer me die....
Now, I don't watch them anymore....

So na you and your woman make us lose that game abi...una deserve beating ooo

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by chinchonglee(m): 2:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
shogsman:

For that time me sef never know wetib dey sup for this life o na to just eat,play with sand and sleep o.
OLD PEOPLE EVERYWHERE SHA.
Lool.. but las las everybody and everything must old.
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by jamesfadairo(m): 2:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
simiife:

lol,flying colors

But I still have Liverpool in mind,wat I've been planning against dem ehh,let me nor talk,even Roma still have unfinished business with us,dey shud go and ask Bayern

The beauty of that Roma's last goal is in Peter Drury's voice, "Roma has risen from their ruins, Manolas the greek god in Rome..." The match sweet me die

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by zicoraads: 2:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
That John Terry's penalty miss against Manchester United in 2008. Then there was Iniesta's goal in 2009 or so. That was my very first heartbreak. I was devastated beyond words. After that period, I took a break from football for a while. Only got better when Drogba converted against Bayern Munich in 2012.
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Humblesam(m): 2:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
I cried for Brazil when Germany spelt them and added plural in their own backyard.
It was the scariest and the most emotional I ve ever come across in football tournament when I saw the small boy cried for Brazil. It was heartbreaking.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by TalkYourOwn(m): 2:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
Ighalo vs argentina... i collapsed
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by fergie001: 2:34pm On Oct 30, 2019
madridguy:
No mind the girl, i told her that afternoon Saturday make we go watch the ball together she said no, okay make i go come she said no, i ask what do you want? She replied, if you love me don't go for the match tongue i said impossible, she started crying and said, as you have make me cry, your team will also cry after the match grin i just hug her and left.

Immediately after the match, she called me to boo me lipsrsealed

Hahahahahahaha......
Remember my IBADAN days, once ManU lose, na hiding tinx...
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by gcof(m): 2:34pm On Oct 30, 2019
FRAnce 98... Nigeria vs Denmark
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by maxiflexy(m): 2:34pm On Oct 30, 2019
madridguy:
Istanbul 2005 grin A wonderful night full of drama grin though initially i supported AC Milan because of Shevchenko, love Shevvy that time but immediately the Ancellotti removed him and other stars after leading, i was angry then i switch to Liverpool. That night was classical and cannot be forgotten so soon.

Shev was not substituted, he missed the crucial spot kick which assured Liverpool the trophy

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by jamesfadairo(m): 2:35pm On Oct 30, 2019
TalkYourOwn:
Ighalo vs argentina... i collapsed

very painful,I didnt take super eagles serious in that WC up till that match and they shattered the hopes
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by FRANKOSKI(m): 2:36pm On Oct 30, 2019
Iniesta 2008.wonder if this is worth remembering......... Sips my zobo
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by SweetPreeq(m): 2:38pm On Oct 30, 2019
2018 world cup Nigeria vs Argentina
2019 Afcon Nigeria vs Algeria
2018 champions league Roma vs Barcelona
2014 world cup final Germany v Argentina
2019 Copa america Brazil vs Argentina
2019 Champions league Liverpool vs Barcelona

So many mehn.....
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by dheespectre: 2:38pm On Oct 30, 2019
Acmilan vs Liverpool 2005
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 30, 2019
Arsenal lose to barca UCL final

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by madridguy(m): 2:39pm On Oct 30, 2019
One love bro.

fergie001:

Hahahahahahaha......
Remember my IBADAN days, once ManU lose, na hiding tinx...
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by madridguy(m): 2:40pm On Oct 30, 2019
I swear football no sweet again grin deadly and brilliant strikers everywhere.

RenHub:

Swears. Too many deadly strikers in that era

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by fergie001: 2:40pm On Oct 30, 2019
madridguy:
One love bro.

Same here....
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by SmellingAnus(m): 2:41pm On Oct 30, 2019
Denmark vs Nigeria during France 98... Nigeria lost 4-1 to Denmark.. I literally fell ill that day... Worse part was that I was about to eat before the match and I had to postpone the eating till after the match... The result meant I couldn't eat again after falling ill .. That was the last day I used my heart to support the Super Eagles... No much difference between an Arsenal fan and a supporter of Super Eagles grin

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by madridguy(m): 2:42pm On Oct 30, 2019
Till date Hadji Diouf beating still dey inside cooler anyday i see him grin that match pain me enter marrow, they would have be the first Africa to enter Semi.

OlujobaSamuel:

Korea/Japan
Na Senegal loss against Turkey for the tournament pain me pass.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by kachinwa: 2:42pm On Oct 30, 2019
Still crying for Manchester United till date. I am die hard fan
cry cry cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by maxiflexy(m): 2:42pm On Oct 30, 2019
Sonoyom:

2007/2008 season. 2008/2009 season Chelsea lost to Barcelona with the help of Howard Webb.
Not WEBB though, but Tom Henning Ovrebo embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by madridguy(m): 2:43pm On Oct 30, 2019
Exactly.

jamesfadairo:

In the first 9 or 10 minutes,utd lost almost 3-4 chances...and that was the end of it.
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by gulfer: 2:43pm On Oct 30, 2019
Anskid:

Lol sorry bro. You were on the receiving end of The Miracle Of Istanbul. Liverpool are truly the mentality giants, Kings of Never say never. They were destined to win it.

You're the first AC Milan fan I've met in Nigeria tho
Forget, we are many....AC Milan fans are currently on hibernation.... grin grin grin grin grin FYI, We have a thread in the soccer section https://www.nairaland.com/20307/ac-milan-thread-home-red/22#52497948 cool cool cool cool
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by panmunium(m): 2:45pm On Oct 30, 2019
Nothing pained me like when John Terry missed that penalty at the last minute against Man u, sad enough I was wearing Chelsea Jersey, ibhad to humbly pull it off
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by SmellingAnus(m): 2:45pm On Oct 30, 2019
blakid:
INSTABUL NIGHTMARE... AC Milan Vs Liverpool.... that match pain me no be small. I can never forget that day.... From a die hard Milan fan.
This was my second most terrible experience in football being that I was a die hard fan of Shevchenko and AC Milan....
Re: What's Your Most Heart Breaking Moment In Football? by echobazz: 2:45pm On Oct 30, 2019
simiife:

lol,flying colors

But I still have Liverpool in mind,wat I've been planning against dem ehh,let me nor talk,even Roma still have unfinished business with us,dey shud go and ask Bayern
Congrats for passing the WAEC exam despite not allowing the strain of my darling Liverpool Club affect your grades.

You're really strong we need you at Liverpool.

Come and be a Red. YNWA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Dalung Kicks Against Nigeria's World Cup Participation / Ahmed Musa Reacts After Being Named Nigerian 2018 Player Of The Year! (Photo) / Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.