Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars (38543 Views)

Seyi Makinde Buys ₦2Billion Cars For His Loyalists / Seyi Makinde Buys 33 Operational Vehicles And 396 Motorcycles For Amotekun / Seyi Makinde Buys Taye Currency A Brand New Car Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by fagbohun4j(m): 9:56am On Oct 31, 2019
My brother, I no know say u set go talk am. Everywhere don spoil for Abeokuta, the man no do anything....na just travel and meetings he dey do
WonderManly:
I have said it before and I will continue to say it that GSM is working not like one Dapo the touring governor.
Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by Mutemenot(m): 9:57am On Oct 31, 2019
Angelfrost:

Disfigure ke??! What they will re-spray and convert to personal vehicles. Iffa hear say them use these cars take fight crime.

Dat one follow too, I remember when one governor bought 2010 Toyota to upgrade city taxi, in less than a month na only 2 I come dey see for road. The rest disappeared
Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 31, 2019
emkz:
Someone takes money meant for his state's development and purchases cars for the police, we praise him. What was he supposed to do with the money before, celebrate his birthday in Dubai?

I think it should be made law that all cars for our security agencies and interstate transport must be assembled in Nigeria. Buying Kia Rio does not make economic sense if the cars were shipped into Nigeria. They are using your money to fund other people's jobs and you are praising the governor when he should be answering questions for the cost of those vehicles and the comparative cost savings if the cars had been made in Nigeria.

I hear what you are saying but actually it's not the job of governors to fund or equip the Nigerian police, so actually we should praise them because if we wait for federal govt to fund the police, we would be encountering kidnappers and armed robbers on a daily basis.
Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by MT: 9:58am On Oct 31, 2019
mightybishop:
Please before you praise this man, make sure you're living in Ibadan. I doubt if a person that owns properties, cars and run a business here in ibadan would ever praise this man. I will ask a simple question that requires a straight answer. What has this man done in ibadan that you can point at as development? Fine is doing well with the civil servant and abolition of school fees. Don't forget he also took a loan of 10b 2 month after assumption of office. We Nigerians are truly our own problem.

You are making loads of sense. I dont care about APC or PDP, I am only bothered about performance. Truth be told, i cant see any. The so much touted free education is shabby. Term is almost ending and the students are yet to be given the full resources they are promised. Citizens should be asking relevant questions.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by TundeBricklayer: 10:00am On Oct 31, 2019
isthatso:
For those who think INNoson is the only person assembling cars in Nigeria:
KIA:
http://motoringworldng.com/making-of-lagos-kia-assembly-plant/

https://www.transportday.com.ng/can-meet-local-demand-kia-nigeria-boast/

hyuandai:

https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/stallion-automobile-assembly-plant-in-nigeria

honda:

https://naijauto.com/car-events/honda-cr-v-assembled-in-nigeria-3434
There are difference between Manufacturing plant and Assembling Plant
What you showed is assembling plant we have them here, ANAMCO and peace transport assembling plant all indigenous, why Innoson is different his plant is manufacturing plant you can see the difference below.

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 31, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

There are difference between Manufacturing plant and Assembling Plant
What you showed is assembling plant we have them here, ANAMCO and peace transport assembling plant all indigenous, why Innoson is different his plant is manufacturing plant you can see the difference below.

Innoson is not a manufacturer, innoson assembles stop deceiving yourselves. In any event even if Hyuandai, Nissan, Honda etc are only assembling and Innoson is manufacturing, they are providing jobs for residents in the SW and IGR for the host state govts. only a foolish governor will patronise a product that brings no jobs or income to his own state and takes away jobs and igr from his state.

is innoson the one that manufactured the panels? where is his stamping plant, where did the get the steel? all you are showing are pictures of assembly

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by TundeBricklayer: 10:06am On Oct 31, 2019

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by TundeBricklayer: 10:10am On Oct 31, 2019
[s]
isthatso:

Innoson is not a manufacturer, innoson assembles stop deceiving yourselves. In any event even if Hyuandai, Nissan, Honda etc are only assembling and Innoson is manufacturing, they are providing jobs for residents in the SW and IGR for the host state govts. only a foolish governor will patronise a product that brings no jobs or income to his own state and takes away jobs and igr from his state.

is innoson the one that manufactured the panels? where is his stamping plant, where did the get the steel? all you are showing are pictures of assembly
[/s]
Can you show me the equipments in those pants you posted

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by tooth4tooth: 10:10am On Oct 31, 2019
Mutemenot:
sad nice car from the able governor. I hope our Olopa won't disfigure this ones in few months to come... kiss
You are still hoping when you already know the fate that will befall those vehicles after one year.
Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by WonderManly(m): 10:11am On Oct 31, 2019
fagbohun4j:
My brother, I no know say u set go talk am. Everywhere don spoil for Abeokuta, the man no do anything....na just travel and meetings he dey do

That's just the fact! And many will pass (ed) to see the truth, but will fail (ed) to say the truth out.
Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 31, 2019
TundeBricklayer:
[s][/s]
Can you show me the equipments in those pants you posted
they are assembling what equipment do you want to see again?

bottom line; I am a governor, i have vehicle assembly plants in my state or region, they provide jobs to people who pay taxes to my state, their presence provides knock on employment for others in my state or region. This assembly plants are all in itheir infancy, some will not survive. I am obligated to do everything i can to patronize them because to patronise others brings no benefit to me and to patronize those who are local to my state helps them grow and the more they grow, the more stable and established they become employment and revenue they bring to my state or region. I will only patronise others when i have no local alternative. i am not governor of nigeria, i am governor of my state.
Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by jaxxy(m): 10:16am On Oct 31, 2019
Ruggedniggaone:
wow!!! see fine car

I will advise he institutes a high standard/level maintenance unit for these cars cos our police are not like Dubai police. They will destroy or mess it up in no time.
Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by lakesider(m): 10:17am On Oct 31, 2019
In Nigeria , government is a circle. They do Sam thing ever 4years
Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by TundeBricklayer: 10:17am On Oct 31, 2019
isthatso:

pictures of assembly

I know you and your likes hate to hear Innoson is manufacturing vehicles can you show me this from those assembling plant

Innoson manufacturing plant Nnewi

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by WonderManly(m): 10:17am On Oct 31, 2019
anonimi:

And not like on Dullard-po in Aso rock, the touring presIdiot.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4909216_fbimg1487676221357_jpeg9280d73cd889b20dbd83498084c93a59
You're right jare! Don't mind those our touring political leaders. Awon yeye leaders!

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by mightybishop: 10:19am On Oct 31, 2019
Abroad, since you asked. I love my state with passion, but we should be careful about the information we post here on nairaland just to make people think our governor is doing better than other governors. We need to call a spade a spade, if you can't perform why did you contest? This men makes a whole lot of money monthly, with "little" nothing to show for it.

isthatso:

calm down, when did the man enter? if ibadan is so bad what of the man that was there for 8 years? where were you then?
Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by TundeBricklayer: 10:20am On Oct 31, 2019
isthatso:

they are assembling what equipment do you want to see again?

bottom line; I am a governor, i have vehicle assembly plants in my state or region, they provide jobs to people who pay taxes to my state, their presence provides knock on employment for others in my state or region. This assembly plants are all in itheir infancy, some will not survive. I am obligated to do everything i can to patronize them because to patronise others brings no benefit to me and to patronize those who are local to my state helps them grow and the more they grow, the more stable and established they become employment and revenue they bring to my state or region. I will only patronise others when i have no local alternative. i am not governor of nigeria, i am governor of my state.
This is full manufacturing not assembling

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by WonderManly(m): 10:22am On Oct 31, 2019
Topmaike007:
he has completed the t
roads that lead from Lagos to Ogun, where Ambode stoped work in the Lagos toll gate he has also commissioned 100 patrol truck and many more things that is not visible to you outsiders
Please! Tell him to do what will visible to all insiders and all outsiders. So as for us all to know that his working not touring.
Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 31, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

I know you and your likes hate to hear Innoson is manufacturing vehicles can you show me this from those assembling plant

Innoson manufacturing plant Nnewi

you are showing me picture of tools used to cut and shape FLAt panels for buses , Are those stamping plants? where is the engine plant, who makes the engines, the gear boxes, the headlamps, the drive shaft, the steering wheel, the seats

why must you always get emotive and turn everything into hate? Bottom line like I said, if as governor of Ogun state i have assembly plants in Ogun state and Innoson is actually manufacturing but does not benefit me 9because it does not provide jobs for my state or IGR for my govt) i will not as a governor patronise innoson to the detriment of my own assembly plants that actually provide jobs and iGr for my state and people. Neither do i expect Obiano or any other governor in the same position.

you can carry on debate about assembly or manufacturing with yourself, it makes no difference to me. this is a story about jobs and growth. whether you are assembling or manufacturing, you are providing jobs and IGR. everything else is an ego trip and chest beating.

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by TundeBricklayer: 10:27am On Oct 31, 2019
isthatso:

tate.
ANAMCO has been existing for decades in Enugu we never claim it Manufacturing plant, ANAMCO plant is just like those plant you posted

Below is ANAMCO

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by emkz: 10:30am On Oct 31, 2019
isthatso:

I hear what you are saying but actually it's not the job of governors to fund or equip the Nigerian police, so actually we should praise them because if we wait for federal govt to fund the police, we would be encountering kidnappers and armed robbers on a daily basis.

I think it should not be funded by the federal or state governments either. We need a police welfare fund that must receive contributions from federal states and local governments. Statutory contributions must be levied on all companies operating in Nigeria, perhaps 3 percent of their operating income?

This fund must look after equipping the police, buying them vehicles and paying for their insurance. The fund must be managed by the police representatives, minister of police, the central bank and citizens.
Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by emkz: 10:32am On Oct 31, 2019
isthatso:

Kia rio is assembled in Nigeria, many cars are assembled in Nigeria these days, Kia, handa accord, honda city, honda hr-v, honda pilot. Some Hyundai models and some Nissan models. I think even ford though not sure they have started.

I didn't know this. Thanks for letting me know.
Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 31, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

ANAMCO has been existing for decades in Enugu we never claim it Manufacturing plant, ANAMCO plant is just like those plant you posted

Below is ANAMCO
oga dont be annoyed, no vex innoson is a manufacturer..are you happy now?

now please tell me as governor of Ogun that has Honda, governor of kaduna that has Peugeot or governor of lagos that has Nissan, kia, hyundai, of what benefit is Innoson to me that I should patronise them, when I have assembly plants in my state crying for patronage? Does innoson provide employment to my people of my state, do Innoson workers pay taxes to my state? should I let the ones that are assembling in my state, providing jobs for my citizens and IGR for me to spend on roads and schools fold down just to support a local business from another state that is so far away and has no knock on effect on my state. The equipment and raw materials (since you say they are manufacturing) that innoson is using are they sourced from my state?

it is just common sense.

BTW an Ibo man who comes to Nairaland with a yoruba moniker is only here to stir ethnic tensions.
Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 31, 2019
emkz:

I think it should not be funded by the federal or state governments either. We need a police welfare fund that must receive contributions from federal states and local governments. Statutory contributions must be levied on all companies operating in Nigeria, perhaps 3 percent of their operating income?

This fund must look after equipping the police, buying them vehicles and paying for their insurance. The fund must be managed by the police representatives, minister of police, the central bank and citizens.

The constitution puts Police in the exclusive list which means only federal govt has jurisdiction over police matters.

Thats what Fashola did with the security trust fund (partnership between govt and business) and reduced the crime rate in lagos, and thats the model other governors are following which is why we are always hearing about governors buying equipment cars guns,ammunition communications equipment for the police and we hear about how Federal monies meant for ordinary police uniforms never gets to the policemen
Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 31, 2019
emkz:

I didn't know this. Thanks for letting me know.

yep it's starting to take hold, . It was started many years ago by jonatha's regime we moaned about the high duties on cars but the results are beginning to pay off. this is why people who talk about border closure and rice need to see the big picture. VW is about to start as well
Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by emkz: 10:50am On Oct 31, 2019
isthatso:

The constitution puts Police in the exclusive list which means only federal govt has jurisdiction over police matters.

Thats what Fashola did with the security trust fund (partnership between govt and business) and reduced the crime rate in lagos, and thats the model other governors are following which is why we are always hearing about governors buying equipment cars guns,ammunition communications equipment for the police and we hear about how Federal monies meant for ordinary police uniforms never gets to the policemen

Which leads to the fundamental question of constitutional restructuring. Policing needs to be in the concurrent list, or if they feel it would be abused, decentralised to a regional level. Nigeria is just too big to be centrally policed.
Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by TundeBricklayer: 10:52am On Oct 31, 2019
isthatso:

you are showing me picture of tools used to cut and shape FLAt panels for buses , Are those stamping plants? where is the engine plant, who makes the engines, the gear boxes, the headlamps, the drive shaft, the steering wheel, the seats

why must you always get emotive and turn everything into hate? Bottom line like I said, if as governor of Ogun state i have assembly plants in Ogun state and Innoson is actually manufacturing but does not benefit me 9because it does not provide jobs for my state or IGR for my govt) i will not as a governor patronise innoson to the detriment of my own assembly plants that actually provide jobs and iGr for my state and people. Neither do i expect Obiano or any other governor in the same position.

you can carry on debate about assembly or manufacturing with yourself, it makes no difference to me. this is a story about jobs and growth. whether you are assembling or manufacturing, you are providing jobs and IGR. everything else is an ego trip and chest beating.
Innosson source their engines from Japan and China, most of their parts also source within, Nnewi is known for vehicle parts, mind you the only vehicle battery plant in Nigeria is located in Nnewi own by IBETO, Ngobros is into vehicle parts manufacturing, same with other companies in Nnewi, Nnewi in only town in Nigeria were manufacturing of Vehicle and motorcycle is possible, that's why first wholly made-in-Nigeria motorcycle, the 'NASENI M1' was manufactured in Nnewi, supervised by FG
https://www.nairaland.com/1329230/first-motorcycle-produced-nigeria-nnewi

Below is battery manufactured in Nnewi the only made in Nigeria battery there are lots of vehicles parts being Manifacture in Nnewi.

Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by emkz: 10:53am On Oct 31, 2019
isthatso:

yep it's starting to take hold, . It was started many years ago by jonatha's regime we moaned about the high duties on cars but the results are beginning to pay off. this is why people who talk about border closure and rice need to see the big picture. VW is about to start as well

This is great news but that border matter needs to be discussed. I am in support of it. But it seems our local businessmen are not taking advantage of it. Why are you against it?
Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by mercyson(m): 10:54am On Oct 31, 2019
Buhari, Artiku, Nnandi kana and doom of Nigeria

Prior to the fusion of the Northern and Southern protectorate to form Nigeria, the colonial masters were faced with severe opposition from the southeastern, Midwestern, South-south and southwestern regions. The Rulers in these geopolitical zones rejected the idea to merge every zone under one political entity called Nigeria. Buhari, Atiku, Nnamdi Kanu And Nigeria’s doom.

After a prolong persuasion and the acceptance of gifts from the British masters, the Rulers gave in to their wish. But they didn’t know the terms and conditions involved in such a contract. They were all blind to that, except the northern elects.

Continue to read more

https://www.pentameloud.com/buhari-atiku-nnamdi-kanu-and-nigerias-doom/
Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by ideylaff: 10:55am On Oct 31, 2019
Ayomarcel:

Or maybe he got a better deal from KIA.. Think about that too.. Many possibilities.

Bless you that’s exactly what happened.

Innoson seems to be pricing themselves out of the market by bn too pricey in comparison.

Lately their Busines model has bn more profit huge turnover than building competitive relationships
Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 31, 2019
emkz:

This is great news but that border matter needs to be discussed. I am in support of it. But it seems our local businessmen are not taking advantage of it. Why are you against it?
I'm 100% behind it. You obviously misread what i said. I was saying it's a good plan but it will take time to see the results and there will be necessary pain and adjustments in the interim
Re: Seyi Makinde Buys New Police Patrol Cars by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 31, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

Innosson source their engines from Japan and China, most of their parts also source within, Nnewi is known for vehicle parts, mind you the only vehicle battery plant in Nigeria is located in Nnewi own by IBETO, Ngobros is into vehicle parts manufacturing, same with other companies in Nnewi, Nnewi in only town in Nigeria were manufacturing of Vehicle and motorcycle is possible, that's why first wholly made-in-Nigeria motorcycle, the 'NASENI M1' was manufactured in Nnewi, supervised by FG
https://www.nairaland.com/1329230/first-motorcycle-produced-nigeria-nnewi

Below is battery manufactured in Nnewi the only made in Nigeria battery there are lots of vehicles parts being Manifacture in Nnewi.

Ok well done but what has all of this got to do with the price of fish or Seyi makinde buying Kia cars for police? Why must you turn every thread into a dick measuring competition?

For the record, Innoson is doing wery well, all Nigerians should be proud of him. I am particularly impressed with his other businesses e.g plastics.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Will Never Be Nigeria President - Fayose / Buhari Takes Over Central Bank Naira Management - Bloomberg. / First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.