Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,249 members, 7,818,858 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu (2223 Views)

Obasanjo: Nigeria May Soon Explode-Saharareporters / Longest Flyover In West Africa (kano state), Named After OBASANJO- Pictures / Yoruba Pull Him Down Syndrome…yoruba Ronu!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by becomrich5: 10:41am On Nov 13, 2010
Nigeria may name Olumo rock(stone) after obasanjo

They could not find anything in ogun state to name after awolowo own by the federal govt. since the nigeria govt did not build anything.  It look like Olumo rock may be name after Obasanjo

While one of the creek in bayelsa state would be name after jonathan.

They never built anything in Yoruba land in nearly 30 years.

So dont blame Jonathan for going all the way to ibadan to look for a 50 years old dumb building and name it after Awolowo. Is other option are any of this big stone you find in the picture.  You can see that they are more than one, Bankole own stone is that small one to be name after him, if edo,delta and Yoruba do not join benin republic.

It was hard decision for jonathan , it was between this stones or that 50 years building.

It is not possible for Jonathan to tell the north, he would not name abuja stadium after shehu shagari, because he is older than Obasanjo. he is 85 years old.  And I can tell you, the north would not agree.

shagari hardly have anything name after him. s is the only way, people would remember history. That is why they do it.  The stadium in abuja should be rename, shehu shagari stadium because nigeria won the first nation cup under shehu shagari, which was the first major sport event nigeria ever won.

It is not going to be possible to name abuja stadium after obasanjo. I know nigeria politics. Even look at it this way. except if Obasanjo go and commit suicide , so that he dies first. which I cant see, I dey kampe, he just married new wife. It tell you, he is not going anywhere. . Shagari is 10 years old than obasanjo.

Another issue is, the stadium in lagos has already been name after a Yorubaman, abiola. So the north would never agree. And the nigeria constitution clearly state we most have federal character. And I know northerners, they would invoke that clause in the constitution when the time comes.

You would notice, there have been debate in the house to name that stadium after other nigerian, and the north have refuse. The reason, they have thier mind set on having the stadium named after a Northern president. Which to be honest with you. Would be the idea situation in this case based on the nigeria constitution. they are not that silly. they may even burn down the stadium.

The only option open for Jonathan is  Olumo rock  or miracle, I am telling you, is what they would name after Obasanjo. even the north would not allow them to name it after Jonathan. You have to know nigeria.

In the USA mountains have been named after 14 USA president Adams, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, Jackson, Taylor, Grant, Arthur, Washington, Lincoln, McKinley, Pierce, Roosevelt (FDR; in Canada), Eisenhower (also in Canada - although it reverted to its original name, Castle Mountain, shortly after his death)

I can imagine Jonathan reading this , and laughing till his sokoto fall off from him.

Re: Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by becomrich5: 4:17pm On Nov 13, 2010
This topic is to make you laugh

Here is the Olumo rock to be name after Obasanjo , the last picture is the  creek in  bayelsa stae they would name after Jonathan. ( No laugh now)
When fire burn person and burn another man, no be your own, you go first remove.

[img]http://oduduwa-ned.com/odupics/Olumo%20Rock,%20Abeokuta.jpg[/img]
Re: Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by becomrich5: 4:23pm On Nov 13, 2010
So dont blame Jonathan for going all the way to ibadan to look for a 50 years old dumb building and name it after Awolowo. Is other option are any of this big stone you find in the picture. You can see that they are more than one, Bankole own stone is that small one to be name after him, if edo,delta and Yoruba do not join benin republic.

It was hard decision for jonathan , it was between this stones or that 50 years building.
Re: Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by becomrich5: 6:20pm On Nov 13, 2010
funny is it,  let look at the posssible side of this story,  and not the negative side.

you see bring people all over the world to come and look at the Olumo. tourist have never heard of Olumo rock around the world.  But if Jonathan rename the rock Obasanjo Rock.  tourist from all over the world would come and see it.

Let me explain. Google the name Obasanjo. It comes up 1.8 million times. while if you google olumo rock, it comes up 16,000 times. What if means is, it they name olumo rock after obasanjo.   Everytime people search on the internet for Obasanjo. Olumo rock which is now obasanjo Rock would come up.
I am not joking.  This is how the technology works. 

So if they name Olumo rock to Obasanjo rock , people would be curious and they would want to see Obasanjo rock. It makes them come to Nigeria and when people come, it help other sectors of the economy , like hotel, travel, T shirt, hat  and others etc.  marketing Obasanjo names for abeokuta to make money. You do it while he is alive, if you are death, your search reduce.

Everytime people search for Obasanjo, they would be redirected to Obasanjo rock. And people would want to see the rock around the world.

Re: Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by becomrich5: 6:21pm On Nov 13, 2010
olumo

Re: Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by AloyEmeka5: 6:22pm On Nov 13, 2010
ROFLMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I love this guy. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by aljharem(m): 6:24pm On Nov 13, 2010
this is funny grin grin grin

but can they name olumo rock to abacha rock angry
Re: Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by Afam4eva(m): 6:27pm On Nov 13, 2010
"Welcome to Obasanjo Rock the best tourist Destination in Africa". That will really sound weird. I will not take my children to such a place.
Re: Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by becomrich5: 6:28pm On Nov 13, 2010
it is not funny, it is call marketing. You look for well know nigeria and name mountain and others after, people are going to be curious, mountain in america.

The people in the economy that would benefit is

Hotel
Airport
Airline
T shirt maker
book writter on Obasanjo rock
hat makers
film makers
tour guide
taxi drivers

and other sectors. You build a zoo there too,   and an amazement park.
Re: Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by aljharem(m): 6:28pm On Nov 13, 2010
afam4eva:

"Welcome to Obasanjo Rock the best tourist Destination in Africa". That will really sound weird. I will not take my children to such a place.
but if it is named abacha rock, it sounds better shae
Re: Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 13, 2010
alj harem:

but if it is named abacha rock, it sounds better shae

ROTFL!
Almajiri cracked a funny joke LMAO!
Re: Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by becomrich5: 6:48pm On Nov 13, 2010
I know this technology very well. I am telling you, it would drive traffic to see olumo rock. ask google.
This is how the technology of the internet works.

It would make Olumo rock come up over 1 million times, and more people would want to see Obasanjo rock. My predition is would increase the number of tourist to Abeokuta by 4,000% times. White people made a film in south africa about Obasanjo and his gang of thief, because they wanted to make money with obasanjo name. Why cant people in abeokuta also make money with the name.
Re: Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by Afam4eva(m): 6:51pm On Nov 13, 2010
becomrich5:

I know this technology very well. I am telling you, it would drive traffic to see olumo rock. ask google.
This is how the technology of the internet works.

It would make Olumo rock come up over 1 million times, and more people would want to see Obasanjo rock. My predition is would increase the number of tourist to Abeokuta by 4,000% times. White people made a film in south africa about Obasanjo and his gang of thief, because they wanted to make money with obasanjo name. Why cant people in abeokuta also make money with the name.

Who would want to go and see a thief in a tourist destination.
Re: Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by becomrich5: 7:01pm On Nov 13, 2010
The name of the film about Obasanjo and his gang of thief was called District 9.  It is 139,000,000 search on the internet. it talks about Obasanjo and his gang of thiefs.  it is called marketing.

Re: Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by becomrich5: 7:09pm On Nov 13, 2010
Even if you look at the name nigeria, is even less than Obasanjo and his gang of thief film called district 9. nigeria search is 134 million. Obasanjo and his gang of thief film called  district 9 is higher with  139 million search.

Re: Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by MaiSuya(m): 7:28pm On Nov 13, 2010
lord have mercy!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by becomrich5: 9:33pm On Nov 13, 2010
why
Re: Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by becomrich5: 10:51pm On Nov 13, 2010
For you to know Nigeria name don bad finish,  That film about Obasanjo and his gang of thief,
in one week made $ 37 million, was number 1 and it was watch in over 3000 film house and average of 12000 people by film house.

Una see say una name don bad, A beg make una let Edo,delta and yoruba join benin republic , i beg una.

Re: Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 13, 2010
roflmao
Re: Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by becomrich5: 2:02pm On Nov 14, 2010
una name don bad.
Re: Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by KnowAll(m): 2:24pm On Nov 14, 2010
@Becomerich
How much is Mr Boni Yayi paying u for all this campaign about the SW, Edo, and Bayelsa to join the Republic of Benin. No wonder d man was in Abuja this past week, I wonder what he discussed with Jonathan, undecided
Re: Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by becomrich5: 6:55pm On Nov 14, 2010
Why would he pay me, NO.

look if someone is calling you Obasanjo and the gang of thief. And he is making $37 million in one week. Look at it. this way. it means you can make $37 million , by them coming to see Obasanjo and the gang of thief in abeokuta. You build a theme park around Olumo rock call district 9 , and copy things in the movies in the things park. This is one of the ways to boost your economy. You take advantage of the news.

Look at the traffic the film made , it let you , you people can make money from it, if they can. you can too. You sell autography at the location of the real man etc.
Re: Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by fstranger: 7:42pm On Nov 14, 2010
becomrich5:

Why would he pay me, NO.

look if someone is calling you Obasanjo and the gang of thief. And he is making $37 million in one week. Look at it. this way. it means you can make $37 million , by them coming to see Obasanjo and the gang of thief in abeokuta. You build a theme park around Olumo rock call district 9 , and copy things in the movies in the things park. This is one of the ways to boost your economy. You take advantage of the news.

Look at the traffic the film made , it let you , you people can make money from it, if they can. you can too. You sell autography at the location of the real man etc.

You are making some sense! Got to give it to you on that one.
Re: Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by egift(m): 7:57pm On Nov 14, 2010
Sounds cool, though.
Re: Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by Spitzer: 8:14pm On Nov 14, 2010
It is when BecomRich set out to make us laugh that he actually made sense!
Re: Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by becomrich4: 8:26pm On Nov 14, 2010
it all about making money
Re: Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by becomrich5: 8:30pm On Nov 14, 2010
look at the possible side.
Re: Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by becomrich5: 8:43pm On Nov 14, 2010
je so fu, Obasanjo ko ti mo pe, Wa ni ni kini kankan after till o ba die. Hausa want ni gba pe ki wa name abuja stadium after. Wa ni gba. Ti obasanjo ko ba re pe. ko si anything ni Ogun state, ki wa ma name after obasanjo. to ba re. obasanjo ma te le wa si benin republic. ti eni te ni. Hausa lo ni Abuja stadium. Shagari ni oma name it after.
Re: Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by becomrich5: 9:03pm On Nov 14, 2010
To be honest with you, This is the only thing jonathan can do to help obasanjo. Or do you think the north would allow you to name abuja stadium after him. NO. You would see. Did they allow for abiola or awolowo to be named after NO.

Even apart from that. They already have named Lagos stadium after a Yorubaman. So in fairness to the north, they have to name abuja stadium after a northerner president. Which you know the north has shagari,Gowon, buhari, IBB,Adbusalami, And all of the five has thier eyes on the stadium.

So the only think In Ogun state is olumo rock, since there is nothing in ogun state to name after Obasanjo.

Even if they go to ondo state, there is nothing there , ekiti, the same thing, or is it osun, nothing is there, there is nothing again in Oyo. nothing in kwara to name after Obasanjo. And the airport in lagos has been name after murtala , while the one stadium is already after abiola.

No olumo rock is the only thing in ogun anybody can think of. It is not a joke. Mo ti so fu yi, ki ebo si benin republic.
E te.

Even jonathan too, it is the creek in bayelsa they would name after him. there is no airport in bayelsa too??
Re: Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by becomrich5: 1:08am On Nov 15, 2010
e ja
Re: Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by becomrich5: 1:11am On Nov 15, 2010
enuki se se , obo je oje.
Re: Nigeria May Name OlumoRock(stone)After Obasanjo(Benin republic) Yoruba Ronu by becomrich5: 1:33am On Nov 15, 2010
They already named a university after yar adua,

All of this men want to be named after the stadium. So you can see, it would be hard for Obasanjo to be named after a stadium in the north. since they have named lagos after a Yorubaman, ,
Ebo si benin, enuki se se, obo je oje.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Election Results And Update / How Honest Is The Average Northerner? / Mass Failure As WAEC Releases May/june Exam Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.