Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent (4094 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Speaks Against LGBTQ Rise In The World (video) / "My Family Took Me To A Church To Burn Out The Spirit Of Homosexuality" (Photos) / Jehovah’s Witnesses Believe About Gay & What The Bible Says About Homosexuality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent by Nobody: 4:50am On Nov 01, 2019
FORMER LGBTQ MEMBERS SAY THEIR CHANGED LIVES PROVE HOMOSEXUALITY ISN'T PERMANENT

10-31-2019

Paul Strand

CAPITOL HILL – These days there's so much talk about gay and transgender rights, and passing laws to protect those rights, that a whole other minority is getting ignored: those who've left the gay and transgender lifestyles.

Political correctness insists LGBTQ people are born that way and their sexual orientation is impossible to change. But 18 former gays, lesbians and transgenders stood before the US Capitol this week to proclaim they're real, despite a culture that denies such transformation is possible.

They're just the tip of the iceberg, representing thousands who've moved out of the homosexual and transgender lifestyles. Many of them have joined what's known as the Changed Movement, co-founded by Elizabeth Woning of Redding, California.

'Everywhere You Go, You Hear That's Utterly Impossible'

She told CBN News, "We've experienced a change in our sexual orientation – some small, some great. I mean, some of us don't experience same-sex attraction anymore. And yet, everywhere you go, you hear that's utterly impossible."

It wasn't impossible for Changed Movement co-founder Ken Williams – a former homosexual, but now a heterosexual father of four.

"I really don't experience same-sex attraction," he testified. "I don't ever get sexually aroused by looking at a man. That hasn't happened in years."

But US House bill 3570 declares therapy similar to the counseling that helped Williams leave homosexuality can't actually accomplish that.

It proclaims: "…there is no evidence that conversion therapy is effective or that an individual's sexual orientation or gender identity can be changed by conversion therapy."

Governments Forbidding Life-Saving Therapy

Williams worries such a bill could forbid therapy like what saved his life. In fact, it will be illegal even if a person requests what some call conversion therapy.

"At 17 years old, I was suicidal," Williams recalled. "I started seeing a Christian counselor, who I saw weekly for five years. It changed my life. That's the last day I felt suicidal was the day I was able to go and talk about my brokenness and what I wanted – my own goals for healing."

Pastor Jim Domen, founder of Church United, added, "The government is getting into a private, medical room setting and telling the doctor how to proceed, or telling the counselor, the therapist what to say, not allowing the client to choose the direction they want to go. Myself and the other former LGBTQ people have chosen to leave the lifestyle."

Such therapy – which is already illegal in Domen's home state of California – helped Domen go from gay guy to heterosexual husband and dad.

"It grieves me because as a young man at 16, I sought professional counseling, and this counseling would not be available for youth today, and actually in 18 states in America. And these two bills that are moving at the federal level would not allow it for adults or youth," Domen stated.

"These bills would not only prohibit it. It's almost like we'd have to go underground to seek help," Domen warned. "And it breaks my heart when you hear the stories of people who've been sexually abused, people who are suicidal or people who are going through depression and seeking help, or they want to go in a different direction. It would be very difficult if not impossible to do."

Labeling Life-Changing Therapy 'Substantially Dangerous'

In fact, a bill like H.R. 3570 not only ignores the help such therapy has brought some people, it brands it toxic.

The bill states: "…it is substantially dangerous to an individual's mental and physical health, and has been shown to contribute to depression, self-harm, low self-esteem, family rejection, and suicide."

The news release announcing this Capitol Hill gathering of former LGBTQ people stated, "Coercive proposals like H.R. 5 (the so-called "Equality Act"wink and H.R. 3570 promote only one ideology and force only one lifestyle as a way forward. Men and women who have opted out of the LGBTQ lifestyle daily face hate speech, protests, and discrimination simply for expressing their views or sharing their life stories. Amazon has removed their books, states have shut down their counseling options and their churches receive protests when they assemble together. Their basic human rights are being denied."

Woning said of bills like H.R. 5 and H.R. 3570, "I'm very worried about these laws because they marginalize us."

She told CBN News, "I understand the heart from Congresspeople who want to protect the LGBTQ community because human dignity needs to be protected in America. However, they do that at the exclusion of people like me, who have made a different choice than the rest of the LGBT community. And the more they talk about it, the more they villainize people like us."

'Not One of Them Has Ever Been Harmed in a Therapy'

Ken Williams worries about legislators stigmatizing all sorts of counseling that can help move people out of the homosexual lifestyle by labeling it all "conversion therapy," which conjures up long-ago images of young homosexuals being brutalized to "make the gay go away."

He explained, "It's been at least 20 or 30 years since any kind of therapy happened that is something that people are claiming is harming people. It doesn't happen today."

Williams went on to say, "I know hundreds of people personally who have left LGBT behind and not one of them has ever been to something called 'conversion therapy.' Not one of them has ever been harmed in a therapy."

'The Farther Christianity Gets Out of the Mainstream, the More Broken We're Becoming'

Many of these former LGBTQ people who journeyed to Capitol Hill this week are Christians who also give God the credit for their radical change.

Standing among them, Woning brought a warning for a culture that would reject that holy power and instead embrace what the Bible says is toxic.

She asserted, "America today wants to squash the Gospel and the power of the Gospel, when the moral values of Christianity are what supported America up to now."

Woning said of some of her fellow Americans, "We are denying our own biology. We are hating ourselves. We have higher rates of mental illness and suicide. The farther Christianity gets out of the mainstream, the more broken we're becoming in America."

These folks are saying while laws are being passed to protect people in the gay and transgender communities, other people who want to swim against the cultural mainstream will be hurt by those very same laws.

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2019/october/former-lgbtq-members-say-their-changed-lives-prove-homosexuality-isnt-permanent?amp

1 Like

Re: Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent by Nobody: 5:48am On Nov 01, 2019

Re: Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent by budaatum: 5:01pm On Nov 01, 2019
Such therapy – which is already illegal in Domen's home state of California – helped Domen go from gay guy to heterosexual husband and dad.
The law does not stop you seeking sexual orientation conversion if you want to. What it stops you doing is imposing it on unwilling individuals, and basically respecting the individual's right to go to heaven or hell!

Conversion therapy

See also: List of U.S. jurisdictions banning conversion therapy
In August 2012, the California State Assembly approved SB 1172 prohibiting mental health providers from engaging in sexual orientation change efforts (such as conversion therapy) with LGBT minors. It was signed into law by Governor Jerry Brown on September 29, 2012. The law would have gone into effect January 1, 2013, but was being challenged in Pickup v. Brown and Welch v. Brown.

On August 29, 2013, the U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals suspended the injunction on SB 1172 and rejected the plaintiffs' claims against allowing for the ban on conversion therapy to go into effect. On June 26, 2014, the Supreme Court held a conference on whether or not to grant certiorari to Pickup v. Brown. Certiorari was denied by the Supreme Court on June 30, 2014.

AB 2943, a bill by Assemblyman Evan Low which would have extended the ban to paid conversion therapy for adults, was approved in 2018 but withdrawn by Low before final approval. It would have been the first statewide ban applying to adults.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_California?wprov=sfla1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 02, 2019
Re: Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent by Nobody: 12:16pm On Nov 03, 2019
Truth about homosexuality.
Re: Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 04, 2019
Homosexuality is a life-extinctive idea planted into humans by the devil to destroy men's lives. Any suggestion of the otherwise is a lie from the pit of hell.
Re: Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent by Aaronsrod: 6:38pm On Nov 04, 2019
Now they have been cleansed in His blood, we must beat Satan out of their bodies on a daily basis so they do not come and turn us gay like them.

Otherwise we shall kill them as the Bible instructs.
Re: Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent by MuttleyLaff: 6:42pm On Nov 04, 2019
Aaronsrod:
Now they have been cleansed in His blood, we must beat Satan out of their bodies on a daily basis so they do not come and turn us gay like them.

Aaronsrod:
Lies from the pit of Hell!!
Our forefathers were not monkeys.

Our God is a killer. He is proclaimed in the Bible as a God of Fire.
Fear Him always!!
Re: Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent by budaatum: 6:50pm On Nov 04, 2019
Aaronsrod:

The Holy Bible

1 Like

Re: Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent by Aaronsrod: 8:58am On Nov 05, 2019
budaatum:

The Holy Bible

The Word of God.

Leviticus 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Read, heed and obey! Blood must be shed!
Re: Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent by kimco(m): 11:56am On Nov 05, 2019
I doubt that they are truly change...I hope this doesnt depress them trying to live according to anoda's ideals of life.

Even a left handed person can be trained to use their right hand well. It doesnt stop them from being left handed, they have simply learned to use the right hand as well. Dats all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent by kimco(m): 12:00pm On Nov 05, 2019
Aaronsrod:

The Word of God.

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Correct... So it shocks me when christians critisize islam extremists when they kill homosexuals... Its in their bible to do so as well.

But you know, not following it tells u that even christians hve realised how extremist the *Holy Book* can be as well. Their moral compass, relegated from religion at that point tells them that it simply madness to follow blindly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 05, 2019
Even a child born left-handed can be trained from birth to think he was born right-handed, so that argument for the demonic agenda of homosexuality bits the dust!

Next!
Re: Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent by budaatum: 2:04pm On Nov 05, 2019
Aaronsrod:

The Word of God.

Please explain how the above means, you are the one who must kill them.

1 Like

Re: Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent by LordReed(m): 5:19pm On Nov 05, 2019
So if I stop liking Fanta and now like Sprite every other person must like Sprite?
Re: Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent by budaatum: 7:33pm On Nov 05, 2019
LordReed:
So if I stop liking Fanta and now like Sprite every other person must like Sprite?
You must make everybody like Sprite ni o, my Lord! You must even make your Book say Kill Fanta!
Re: Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent by LordReed(m): 8:55pm On Nov 05, 2019
budaatum:

You must make everybody like Sprite ni o, my Lord! You must even make your Book say Kill Fanta!

Bwahahahahaha! My dear buda is cracking me up!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent by budaatum: 9:01pm On Nov 05, 2019
LordReed:

Bwahahahahaha! My dear buda is cracking me up!
Wetin person fit talk, my Lord, when their brain is so switched off that 'their God' hates homosexual more than a murderer and they are not taking that 'their God' to the bottom of a river and bashing it's awful head in!

1 Like

Re: Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 06, 2019
Lol!

The devil is such a big liar, so any one who falls for the lies he's spreading concerning homosexualism being normal, is such a big fool and would only have himself to blame at the end.
Re: Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent by tiwatenitomi(m): 10:24am On Nov 22, 2019
Aaronsrod:

Bro I need your contact
I need some info from you.
Thanks
God bless Nairaland
God bless Nigeria
Re: Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 22, 2019
tiwatenitomi:

Bro I need your contact
I need some info from you.
Thanks
God bless Nairaland
God bless Nigeria
He's fake!!!

Just in case you mistook him for a true believer.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent by tiwatenitomi(m): 12:00pm On Nov 22, 2019
jesusjnr:
He's fake!!!

Just in case you mistook him for a true believer.

Thanks and God bless.

wow......i thought everybody on this platform are genuine
God save us oo

1 Like

Re: Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent by Nobody: 12:59pm On Nov 22, 2019
tiwatenitomi:

wow......i thought everybody on this platform are genuine
God save us oo
Lol!

It seems you've been here for only a short while. There are no doubt some genuine believers here but a lot fake ones and he's one of them. If you look carefully at his comment you'd see what he's trying do.

He's being sarcastic.

So just be a bit careful. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent by shadeyinka(m): 2:30pm On Nov 22, 2019
kimco:
I doubt that they are truly change...I hope this doesnt depress them trying to live according to anoda's ideals of life.

Even a left handed person can be trained to use their right hand well. It doesnt stop them from being left handed, they have simply learned to use the right hand as well. Dats all
You're very correct.
It's just like kleptomaniacs. I wonder why they are treated as common thieves instead of us recognising that it's in their genetic makeup and there is nothing they can do about this kleptomaniac orientation.

2 Likes

Re: Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent by TheShopKeeper(m): 4:01pm On Nov 22, 2019
...Homosexual lifestyle is a choice which must not be forced on the society...

1 Like

Re: Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent by LordReed(m): 4:21pm On Nov 22, 2019
TheShopKeeper:
...Homosexual lifestyle is a choice which must not be forced on the society...

Are homosexuals forcing you to become homosexual or how exactly is it being forced on society?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent by kimco(m): 4:32pm On Nov 23, 2019
shadeyinka:

You're very correct.
It's just like kleptomaniacs. I wonder why they are treated as common thieves instead of us recognising that it's in their genetic makeup and there is nothing they can do about this kleptomaniac orientation.

*Genetic makeup*

From what i have read i havent seen a theory for kleptomaniac being a genetic makeup...its usually associated with disorders like anxiety, eating disorders etc. But yes, kleptos require help to cope too. Since its not a genetic make, modification is possible. If not we contain it.

1 Like

Re: Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent by shadeyinka(m): 5:27pm On Nov 23, 2019
kimco:

*Genetic makeup*

From what i have read i havent seen a theory for kleptomaniac being a genetic makeup...its usually associated with disorders like anxiety, eating disorders etc. But yes, kleptos require help to cope too. Since its not a genetic make, modification is possible. If not we contain it.
And do you think homosexuality isn't also a disorder? Homosexuality and Kleptomaniacs behaviours are kinds of preferences against normal human behaviours.

On what grounds can we also argue that pedophilic behaviours are also genetic?

1 Like

Re: Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent by shadeyinka(m): 10:17am On Nov 24, 2019
kimco:

*Genetic makeup*

If the white man comes up with a theory that Kleptomaniacs are such because of their genetic makeup, would it would suddenly be an acceptable way of life?

If indeed homosexuality is a genetic disorder, how come without drugs or therapy, some revert back to normal heterosexual behaviours.

How about bestiality?
Is it also genetic?
Re: Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent by kimco(m): 5:25pm On Nov 24, 2019
shadeyinka:

If the white man comes up with a theory that Kleptomaniacs are such because of their genetic makeup, would it would suddenly be an acceptable way of life?

If indeed homosexuality is a genetic disorder, how come without drugs or therapy, some revert back to normal heterosexual behaviours.

How about bestiality?
Is it also genetic?

Have u ever spoken to a homosexual before? Have u asked them questions without being judgemental? If you havent i suggest u do...otherwise u are in no position to hypothesize. Atleast the *whiteman* has spoken to them. Start from dere and build your case.

2 Likes

Re: Former LGBTQ Members Say Their Changed Lives Prove Homosexuality Isn't Permanent by kimco(m): 5:33pm On Nov 24, 2019
shadeyinka:

And do you think homosexuality isn't also a disorder? Homosexuality and Kleptomaniacs behaviours are kinds of preferences against normal human behaviours.

On what grounds can we also argue that pedophilic behaviours are also genetic?

Both could be disorders...for now the study on homosexuality is inconclusive so i wont commit myself fully.

However, if even if they both are, one involves sleeping with another who cannot consent...the other involves two adults consenting. Even bestiality. That and that alone makes a whole world's diff. Even if homos are not born dat way and its a choice of life, its between two consenting adults. If you want to be told what to do with your sexual life by an authority figure...well.....

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Once Saved Always Saved / Why You Should Honor God’s Ministers / Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.