Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

Question About Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Question About Church (565 Views)

U Guys I Won Ask You About Church This Day And There Strategy / Deeper Life GS, Brother Kumuyi Speaks The Truth About Church Traditions Here. / 5 Myths About Church Building Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question About Church by Hardballer(m): 12:09pm On Nov 14, 2010
sometimes when im in church praying , i look around me and see people praying out loud and silently and i start to ask my self if anyone is actually listening and i think this weakens my prayer because my faith drops significantly are there any verses i can remember to reaffirm my faith? Wht i normally do is to tell myself tht this earth didnt pop out of thin air and science cant explain creation , But i need summ better thn tht , Also why cnt Jesus just come again even if it is for 1 day , A lot of ppl cld be won over easier tht way
Re: Question About Church by Image123(m): 2:41pm On Nov 14, 2010
Why not ask your pastor or leader all this things, or AT LEAST read the Bible. There was a man who fell among thieves on his road down to Jericho. Somethings have a way of repeating themselves.
Re: Question About Church by manmustwac(m): 9:36pm On Nov 14, 2010
Hardballer:

sometimes when im in church praying , i look around me and see people praying out loud and silently and i start to ask my self if anyone is actually listening and i think this weakens my prayer because my faith drops significantly are there any verses i can remember to reaffirm my faith? Wht i normally do is to tell myself tht this earth didnt pop out of thin air and science cant explain creation , But i need summ better thn tht , Also why cnt Jesus just come again even if it is for 1 day , A lot of ppl cld be won over easier tht way
I agree with you on that point. But not a lot of people would be won over but everybody be won over because they would have no choice (seeing is believing) but our very religious policemen would stop shooting people coz of 20 naira our God fearing pastors would stop buying jets expensive rides and houses and focus on their poor congregation our religious politicians would stop stealing billions and focus on building a great nation.

But that will never happen because jesus would never come down because he don't exist. I sincerely wish there was a god because this world (especially nigeria) would be a better place if there was. But there isn't coz god is imaginary.
Re: Question About Church by Jenwitemi(m): 10:11pm On Nov 14, 2010
If Jesus comes, how would he be able to prove that he is Jesus? You think looking like a hippie would automatically convince people? Not!
Hardballer:

Also why cnt Jesus just come again even if it is for 1 day , A lot of ppl cld be won over easier tht way
Re: Question About Church by manmustwac(m): 11:00pm On Nov 14, 2010
Jenwitemi:

If Jesus comes, how would he be able to prove that he is Jesus? You think looking like a hippie would automatically convince people? Not!
come on jenwitemi he will perform magic. Like taking two fish and two loaves of bread and mutiplying it into over 10'000 loaves and fishes to feed a whole football stadium and he will make people with amputated limbs grow back live on TV what more can you ask for? grin
Re: Question About Church by Hardballer(m): 11:21pm On Nov 14, 2010
manmustwac:

come on jenwitemi he will perform magic. Like taking two fish and two loaves of bread and mutiplying it into over 10'000 loaves and fishes to feed a whole football stadium and he will make people with amputated limbs grow back live on TV what more can you ask for? grin

yea stuff like tht even raising the dead stuff science cnt explain tht wld be awesome

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Prayer Request Today? / We Proclaim The Crucified And The Devils Quake. - Catholic Charismatic Renewal / Are You Conformed To The Word Or To The World?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.