Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,355 members, 7,853,570 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:20 PM

How Do I Tell My Friend That He Is Not Treat His Wife Wel - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Tell My Friend That He Is Not Treat His Wife Wel (1894 Views)

How Do I Explain To My Friend That Fifteen Year Old Girls Are Children?! / What I Did To A Female Friend That Brother Zoned Me / How Can I Tell A Friend That She Has Strong Body Odor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Tell My Friend That He Is Not Treat His Wife Wel by Saintabdul(m): 4:06pm On Nov 03, 2019
I need help with this matter. I have this friend we have known for almost 15years. We first met at the university, though we were in different departments. But our friendship continued. We are both married now and live in different states.

Sometime around December last year, I came for some business meeting in the city that my friend resides so I decided to visit them. Fortunately, it was my friend's son's birthday. The house was filled with the wife's friend and other well-wishers. I noticed that my friend's wife tries to avoid direct discussion with her husband, she would rather send the friend sister to him, so I thought maybe it was because she was busy.

Sometime in October this year, I happened to pay them a visit again. This time I was able to observe how taken back the wife was. She tries as much to avoid him. So she spends most of her time in the kitchen or the child's room. My friend was even showing me a chat between himself and his girlfriend I am not very comfortable with it, but how do I tell my friend that he is not treating his wife well.

And I have noticed that my friend has never posted his wife pics on any social media, even what apps status. But he posts pictures of other people, especially girls. I ask him why he has never posted pictures of his wife, he told me he don't like posting pictures.

How do I talk to him about this without hurting our friendship or causing an issue between him and his wife.

*Advice Needed*
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend That He Is Not Treat His Wife Wel by Olalan(m): 4:20pm On Nov 03, 2019
15 years friendship is not a tea party, within this years you should have known him and how best to talk to him. i think you should find a time to tell him about your observations on his marriage

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Friend That He Is Not Treat His Wife Wel by Pubichairs(m): 4:24pm On Nov 03, 2019
I'd advice u to mind ur business.. A saner husband shouldn't be told wot to so..leave them to their fate...u have ur own family to worry about..

Advising such men..get ready to be his enemy after

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Friend That He Is Not Treat His Wife Wel by SendAbroad: 4:41pm On Nov 03, 2019
Saintabdul:
I need help with this matter. I have this friend we have known for almost 15years. We first met at the university, though we were in different departments. But our friendship continued. We are both married now and live in different states.

Sometime around December last year, I came for some business meeting in the city that my friend resides so I decided to visit them. Fortunately, it was my friend's son's birthday. The house was filled with the wife's friend and other well-wishers. I noticed that my friend's wife tries to avoid direct discussion with her husband, she would rather send the friend sister to him, so I thought maybe it was because she was busy.

Sometime in October this year, I happened to pay them a visit again. This time I was able to observe how taken back the wife was. She tries as much to avoid him. So she spends most of her time in the kitchen or the child's room. My friend was even showing me a chat between himself and his girlfriend I am not very comfortable with it, but how do I tell my friend that he is not treating his wife well.

And I have noticed that my friend has never posted his wife pics on any social media, even what apps status. But he posts pictures of other people, especially girls. I ask him why he has never posted pictures of his wife, he told me he don't like posting pictures.

How do I talk to him about this without hurting our friendship or causing an issue between him and his wife.

*Advice Needed*

How can you say 15years of friendship and you can't face fact with your friend? That means your friendship is only surface friendship.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Friend That He Is Not Treat His Wife Wel by Evergreen4(m): 4:46pm On Nov 03, 2019
It's better you tell him , if telling him will shatter your friendship with him, forget about the friendship. Tell him your observations. He can't be treating his own wife like an alien

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Friend That He Is Not Treat His Wife Wel by Oblongata: 4:48pm On Nov 03, 2019
What happens in Rome stays in ROME...

Nothing consign Spain for the matter grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Friend That He Is Not Treat His Wife Wel by Bola146(f): 5:10pm On Nov 03, 2019
Talk to him as man to man.. Pray for God's wisdom before confronting him. Maybe God wants to use you to restore back peace into the family
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend That He Is Not Treat His Wife Wel by blesskewe(f): 7:12pm On Nov 03, 2019
Based on the fact that its a 15year friendship, this shouldn't be hard
Talk to him
Guessed she'd be depressed and all that

Women are trying

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Friend That He Is Not Treat His Wife Wel by meobizy(f): 2:53pm On Dec 15, 2019
This is very easy: treat your wife accordingly and he’ll follow suit once he sees the benefits.
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend That He Is Not Treat His Wife Wel by sanemind2(m): 3:11pm On Dec 15, 2019
Something for the family this holiday, get interesting Movies, Cartoon for your kids, Action Movies, Romance etc just order and it will be delivered to your location!
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend That He Is Not Treat His Wife Wel by moorevic(m): 3:45pm On Dec 16, 2019
Pubichairs:
I'd advice u to mind ur business.. A saner husband shouldn't be told wot to so..leave them to their fate...u have ur own family to worry about..

Advising such men..get ready to be his enemy after
Its this I DON"T CARE attitude that has ruined us thus far. An igbo proverb says " words spoken and not adhered to is for children but seeing and not speaking up makes an ADULT"
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend That He Is Not Treat His Wife Wel by Kobicove(m): 3:49pm On Dec 16, 2019
Saintabdul:
I need help with this matter.

How do I talk to... and his wife.

*Advice Needed*

I think you can influence him positively by showing him how you treat your wife with respect smiley
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend That He Is Not Treat His Wife Wel by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 16, 2019
I don't think you should be bothered about upsetting your friend. Maybe you are the one God wants to use to help that woman. Have a 'come-to-Jesus' talk with him.

When I was still married to my ex, one of his secondary school friends came to do something in our city and he was staying with us. I was nice to him the whole time, we even used to sit and gist. The guy's presence didn't stop my ex-horseband from misbehaving and things even got physical at a point. The fool grabbed my phone and took it to work with him. The whole time these things were happening, his friend didn't come out of his room or act like he heard anything. I hated him for that.

My point is, talk to your friend. If he wants to get angry, that's his problem but at least you would have satisfied your conscience.
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend That He Is Not Treat His Wife Wel by Nobody: 7:15pm On Dec 16, 2019

Re: How Do I Tell My Friend That He Is Not Treat His Wife Wel by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 16, 2019
it always pays well to mind yur business o
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend That He Is Not Treat His Wife Wel by Rajman45(m): 7:53pm On Dec 16, 2019
Are u afraid of ur friend?... Please man-up and put some serious senses into his brain. What are friends for?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Friend That He Is Not Treat His Wife Wel by CAPSLOCKED: 7:59pm On Dec 16, 2019
lefulefu:
it always pays well to mind yur business o

IF WE START MINDING OUR BUSINESSES AND STOP CARING FOR ONE ANOTHER, WE WON'T LAST A CENTURY MORE AS HUMANS ON EARTH.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Tell My Friend That He Is Not Treat His Wife Wel by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 16, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

IF WE START MINDING OUR BUSINESSES AND STOP CARING FOR ONE ANOTHER, WE WON'T LAST A CENTURY MORE AS HUMANS ON EARTH.

except if the person is in deep danger then we can intervene but if its minor squabble its best to just face front.one of the most dicey issues to involve urself into is husband and wife matter or girlfriend and boyfriend issue cheesy.when u too deep ur nose into the issue the husband could turn around accuse u of trying to collect his wife or just tell u to go and face ur own marriage.
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend That He Is Not Treat His Wife Wel by Homers123(m): 8:26pm On Dec 16, 2019
Correct your sentence first before correcting him.
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend That He Is Not Treat His Wife Wel by Auladimeji(m): 9:42pm On Dec 16, 2019
You should first of all ask his wife what she did to her husband the husband can't just wake up and start maltreating the wife
There's no fire without a smoke

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Friend That He Is Not Treat His Wife Wel by emmaodet: 1:18am On Dec 17, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

Waooooo waooooooo
Nice one sir
Re: How Do I Tell My Friend That He Is Not Treat His Wife Wel by Nobody: 1:45am On Dec 17, 2019
Next time you visit, take him out to a bar or something. Over drinks, start talking about your own wife & family.

From there, your friend may also talk a bit about his own wife,then you will get an idea of what's going on,from his own perspective.

Then,you will have more details,from which to start your advice. Instead of jumping into a situation you have no idea how it started and ruin your friendship.

Thread carefully

(1) (Reply)

My Sister Has A Boyfriend But She Is Always On The Phone With Another Guy / 10 Ways Men Act When They Don’t Love You Anymore / OMG !!!! 100k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.