Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,970 members, 7,814,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia (5671 Views)

APC Battles For Relevance In Southeast / Fayose Blasts Obasanjo For Always Begging For Political Favours / What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia by aljharem(m): 9:53pm On Nov 15, 2010
asha 80:

Ibibio is igbo as Uhrobo is Yoruba.

until igbos unite they will never
and i repeat never make any political relevance in nigeria!!!!!

what is urboho,ibibio etc
#
what the hell are those group

not even as big as a local governement
hisses and shakes his head
Re: Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia by abadaba(m): 11:07pm On Nov 15, 2010
@Udezue and co: With due respect, this insult to Igboboy is uncalled for. No need for a brother to insult a fellow brother while our enemies laugh at us.
Re: Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia by aljharem(m): 11:12pm On Nov 15, 2010
abadaba:

@Udezue and co: With due respect, this insult to Igboboy is uncalled for. No need for a brother to insult a fellow brother while our enemies laugh at us.

sorry, i just want to ask who are the enemies u are talking about

udezue and co are right for insulting igboboy(id)

why can't he look above clans and look at igbo as one

why can't he undecided
Re: Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia by abadaba(m): 11:16pm On Nov 15, 2010
alj harem:

sorry, i just want to ask who are the enemies u are talking about

udezue and co are right for insulting igboboy(id)

why can't he look above clans and look at igbo as one

why can't he undecided
You are enemy number one. You are the one that needs to be insulted.
Re: Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia by aljharem(m): 11:18pm On Nov 15, 2010
abadaba:

You are enemy number one. You are the one that needs to be insulted.

lol, so am now the enemy grin grin grin

can u tell me how
Re: Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia by abadaba(m): 11:26pm On Nov 15, 2010
alj harem:

lol, so am now the enemy grin grin grin

can u tell me how
You go about attacking anything Igbo, even the Igbo apex body-Ohanaeze, Ojukwu etc. Yet, you worship the spirit of the dead Awo, neither do you attack the Almajiri phenomenon ravaging the entire far North.
Re: Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia by aljharem(m): 11:46pm On Nov 15, 2010
i am not attacking smiley

all i am calling for is unity among igbo clans

this all !!!!!!!!
Re: Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia by aljharem(m): 11:48pm On Nov 15, 2010
abadaba:

You go about attacking anything Igbo, even the Igbo apex body-Ohanaeze, Ojukwu etc. Yet, you worship the spirit of the dead Awo, neither do you attack the Almajiri phenomenon ravaging the entire far North.

i just admire awolowo to be one of the greatest person to ever lived

i do not worship any man expect God(Allah) in heaven
Re: Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia by ChinenyeN(m): 12:08am On Nov 16, 2010
abadaba:

Irony
Re: Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia by poweredcom(m): 12:14am On Nov 16, 2010
@poster
enabled Igala people from Benue State
Igalas are predominantly in Kogi state, ok not in benue state , which idomas can be found

The traditional ruler, who said the political appointment is capable of giving the people a sense of belonging to contribute more to the socio-economic development of the state, added that the Igalas are brothers to their neighbours and from Middle-belt of the country and not core northerners as some people think.

Mohammed said that Igala people have a long historical link with Ndigbo, adding that Enugu State shares boundaries with the Igala.

Yeas that truth IGALA  is a tribe on its own and should not be linked with core northerners,

Igala are an ethnic group of Nigeria. Igala practice a number of different religions, including animism, Christianity, and Islam.

The home of the Igala people is situated east of the river Niger and Benue confluence and astride the Niger in Lokoja, Kogi state of Nigeria. The area is approximately between latitude 6°30 and 8°40 north and longitude 6°30 and 7°40 east and covers an area of about 13,665 square kilometers (Oguagha P.A 1981) The Igala population is estimated at two million, they can also be found in Delta, Anambra and Edo States of Nigeria. The Igala language is part of the Eastern Kwa sub group or the West Benue-Congo subgroup of the Niger-Congo language family, depending on the school of the observer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igala

http://www.igalaassociationusa.org/
Re: Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia by abadaba(m): 1:21am On Nov 16, 2010
The Igala community in Anambra state are less than 1,000 fishermen who live on the bank of River Niger. They do accept that they come from Idah and go home for christmas in Kogi state. It is like claiming Igbo people are in Plateau state.

1 Like

Re: Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia by aljharem(m): 1:24am On Nov 16, 2010
abadaba:

The Igala community in Anambra state are less than 1,000 fishermen who live on the bank of River Niger. They do accept that they come from Idah and go home for christmas in Kogi state. It is like claiming Igbo people are in Plateau state.
gbam ain't they
Re: Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia by abadaba(m): 1:27am On Nov 16, 2010
I find it funny when some junks claim that Igalas are in Anambra state.
Re: Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia by Prince4God(m): 11:14am On Nov 16, 2010
That is the problem we have in nigeria that a person that has stayed in a place over ten years is still considered a stranger. We are far from development and industrialization if we dont delete the indigene phenomenon from both our head and our constitution.
You are a citizen of nig no matter where you reside.
Re: Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia by abagoro(m): 11:23am On Nov 16, 2010
abadaba:

It is so wrong wishing away Igala's tiny indigenous population in Anambra State.Many nairalanders know little about Nigeria.

Yes there are indigenous Igalas in Anambra LGA.I have met one.
Re: Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia by abadaba(m): 12:17pm On Nov 16, 2010
abagoro:

It is so wrong wishing away Igala's tiny indigenous population in Anambra State.Many nairalanders know little about Nigeria.

What do you say to a group of about 700 people who go home for Xmas in Kogi state every year.
What about 2million Igbo people in Kano state who still go home every xmas.
Those Igalas in the banks of River Niger are mere fishermen who are there for their businesses. They have homes in Idah etc in Kogi state.
Re: Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia by Obiagu1(m): 4:33pm On Nov 16, 2010
abadaba:

No, there are those that came from Kogi, but there are Igala people indigenous to Anambra. At the same time, there are Igbo people indigenous to Kogi.
Re: Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia by vicenzo(m): 5:14pm On Nov 16, 2010
@Obiagu1. Are you sure?
Re: Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia by abagoro(m): 5:40pm On Nov 16, 2010
vicenzo:

@Obiagu1. Are you sure?

In that Ugbedo area,there is a mix of villages where you will encounter one Igala village then move on to an Igbo village and again meet Igala.Though not sure,I feel it might continue in this pattern till you meet Kogi.
Re: Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia by igbobuigbo: 5:41pm On Nov 16, 2010
vicenzo:

@Obiagu1. Are you sure?

It is in the interest of the Igbo or any other group for that matter that core Igboland is homogenous in language. However the reality on the ground suggests otherwise to a small extent. That is, that Anambra is not solely an Igbo enclave. There is more than a handful of Igalas whose INDIGENOUS home is Anambra, making up about 2 % of the population, which in any case, is highly insignificant. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anambra_State
Re: Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia by abagoro(m): 5:52pm On Nov 16, 2010
The truth is that there can never be core or pure of anything.The key remains unity in diversity.
Re: Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia by Seaen(m): 7:36pm On Nov 16, 2010
Lets give way to the Ubangula of Abialand. Becomerich to solve the problem of this Nation. We shall not rest and eat untill we are LIBERATED. ALLAH AKUBAR.
Re: Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia by poweredcom(m): 11:30pm On Nov 16, 2010

Yeah, even Nolywood actor Pat Attah.claimed he has an Igala Orign despite he claims he is from Anambra, he said his Grandparent are Igalas that settles in Anambra long ago, Ok

In that Ugbedo area,there is a mix of villages where you will encounter one Igala village then move on to an Igbo village and again meet Igala.Though not sure,I feel it might continue in this pattern till you meet Kogi.

BIG UPS @Obiagu1

MEN U SABI JARE, U DON WAKA, the name Ugbedo also is even Igala, meaning Whereabout we are not saying Igalas have a place in Anambra, but eventually they are there, to settle  and in many years , they will integrate, some how, inculding some Igalas  that also have Igbo origin
Re: Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia by crackhouse(m): 6:33am On Nov 17, 2010
Na so e dey start. Now, they don dey look 4 political appointment. Small time dem go begin drag one land or other with Abia people and b/4 u know wetin dey happen dem go say Abia state na their own or some part of Abia state na their own. Theodore orji use ur brain oo.
Re: Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia by edeani: 2:33pm On Nov 17, 2010
i just look at all this ife-mmanu boys post poo here, what do they know abt Abia state?, when the indiegenes are talkin' they come flapping their dirty mouth, mak una chance 4 d ABIANS,
Re: Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia by samdigo(m): 6:48pm On Nov 17, 2010
igalas r cool ppl, n many of them are christian, people claim they are are nothern, but from a geographical stand point, they are quite southern, they shld have the right 2 reside wherever they wanna reside.cuz they are indeed Nigerians,
Re: Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia by poweredcom(m): 9:29pm On Nov 17, 2010
@samdigo

I know you are Igala, u told me, some times back on NL, well that true, I am also one,
@crackhouse Nobody want to drag Abia with you, they are just saying about the few Igalas livng in Abia. not that Igals cant do that we are proud of where we come from when you talk about farming to the fullest, Foods we have it plenty that the whole East, so r u afraid
Re: Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 18, 2010
If there is any group North of Igboland to which Igbos will Identify with, it is the Igalas. They are associated with the Igbos in tales of origin relating to Nri. They also traded extensively along the lower river Niger, showing impressive millitary strength before the colonial era. Igbos and Igalas can relate easily as they have been doing so and trading long before Nigeria. Infact they are truly our cousins.

For those guy over emphasizing the homogeniety of Igbo land. Our acceptance of our diversity is the center of our traditional political formation, loosely held republican system. If we are to loose that we will be changing our identify, and adopting something that will not work for us. Ask yourself how well has the Igwe maonarchy system (imposed as warrant chiefs by Brits in attempt to stamp the easily controlled structure they found in the north) worked in Igbo land? Infact it is the Town Progressive Unions that have driven development in our villages. From community schools to electification.

Our need for a Pan Igbo representation is only due to the sort of Society Nigeria has become. Do we fully change ourselves to fit the ethnic cesspit Nigeria? I think we only need to cascade our traditional structures of representation and strenthen them with internal deterants to make members conform, but it must be built on the principles republican consensus to truly serve us.
Re: Igalas Plead For Political Relevance In Abia by ChinenyeN(m): 2:21pm On Nov 18, 2010
KenGali:

For those guy over emphasizing the homogeniety of Igbo land. Our acceptance of our diversity is the center of our traditional political formation, loosely held republican system. If we are to loose that we will be changing our identify, and adopting something that will not work for us. Ask yourself how well has the Igwe maonarchy system (imposed as warrant chiefs by Brits in attempt to stamp the easily controlled structure they found in the north) worked in Igbo land? Infact it is the Town Progressive Unions that have driven development in our villages. From community schools to electification.

Our need for a Pan Igbo representation is only due to the sort of Society Nigeria has become. Do we fully change ourselves to fit the ethnic cesspit Nigeria? I think we only need to cascade our traditional structures of representation and strenthen them with internal deterants to make members conform, but it must be built on the principles republican consensus to truly serve us.
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairalander Doing Africa Proud / Photo; See What These Military Officers Were Seen Doing With Female Companions / Rituals: My Mother And I Killed My Brother – Yahoo Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.