Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,184 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

Black Sunday For Nigerians In London As Immigration Nabs Illegal Immigrants - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Black Sunday For Nigerians In London As Immigration Nabs Illegal Immigrants (4625 Views)

Nigerian Army Nabs Fake General Alleged To Be Boko Haram Sponsor (Photo) / FG Closes Land Borders Till Sunday For Governorship Elections / Zahra Buhari And Dele Momodu Pictured Together In London As They Support Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Sunday For Nigerians In London As Immigration Nabs Illegal Immigrants by seyibrown(f): 8:37pm On Nov 30, 2010
Eh, some of these people have families, kids in school, wives, etc. It isn't as easy as you make it out to be. Imagine a man being deported and then being separated from his kids who are citizens, for example. Would be nice if we could just say, "he broke the law, screw him", but it affects more than just him.

@DapoBear

Why does someone who has 'citizen' kids choose to remain an 'ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT' in the country when he can LEGALLY get his stay regularised? Why does he choose to continue to 'BREAK THE LAW' when he can file the relevant application to make his stay legal? That anyone has 200 'citizen' kids does not automatically turn their 'illegal status' into a legal one. There is due process to follow to change his status! It's about time they start 'fining' illegal immigrants for all the costs of 'finding and prosecuting' them!
Re: Black Sunday For Nigerians In London As Immigration Nabs Illegal Immigrants by DapoBear(m): 9:31pm On Nov 30, 2010
seyibrown:

@DapoBear

Why does someone who has 'citizen' kids choose to remain an 'ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT' in the country when he can LEGALLY get his stay regularised? Why does he choose to continue to 'BREAK THE LAW' when he can file the relevant application to make his stay legal? That anyone has 200 'citizen' kids does not automatically turn their 'illegal status' into a legal one. There is due process to follow to change his status! It's about time they start 'fining' illegal immigrants for all the costs of 'finding and prosecuting' them!

I'm not defending idiocity, seyibrown. I'm just saying that there is a human factor. It is very easy for us to sit here and condemn, much harder to have sympathy for someone else's position and situation. I'm not saying that we should excuse foolishness, let's just at least try to sympathize with it.
Re: Black Sunday For Nigerians In London As Immigration Nabs Illegal Immigrants by rasputinn(m): 9:09am On Dec 01, 2010
Now I know the reason some nairalanders have not been online for sometime now
Re: Black Sunday For Nigerians In London As Immigration Nabs Illegal Immigrants by ifyalways(f): 9:25am On Dec 01, 2010
rasputinn:

cheesy
Re: Black Sunday For Nigerians In London As Immigration Nabs Illegal Immigrants by AjanleKoko: 10:26am On Dec 01, 2010
DapoBear:

I'm not defending idiocity, seyibrown. I'm just saying that there is a human factor. It is very easy for us to sit here and condemn, much harder to have sympathy for someone else's position and situation. I'm not saying that we should excuse foolishness, let's just at least try to sympathize with it.

I agree. I wonder how come people are not more sympathetic? I don't think anybody would want to be an illegal immigrant if they had a choice, or at least if they knew better. I find it surprising, because compassion is innate to African culture. Must be the desensitization caused by living in the West.
It's some kind of irony that people are very proud of being born or assimilated as citizens of Western nations, and denigrate others that are apparently less fortunate. Must be a Negro thing undecided
Re: Black Sunday For Nigerians In London As Immigration Nabs Illegal Immigrants by seyibrown(f): 2:35pm On Dec 01, 2010
Is it then a 'Negro thing' to always remain ignorant of the law and your rights? Is it a 'Negro thing' to continually break the Law instead of keeping it?  grin I will sympathise with anybody who truly deserves it! I don't see any reason to sympathise with someone who PUTS themselves in a situation where THEY HAD A CHOICE NOT TO BE IN!

Do you think 'Negro thing' is a defence against deportation or 'compassionate grounds' in support of an immigration application? Can we just stop justifying unlawful behaviour and take responsibility for our actions for once? It is the very attitude that keeps Africa backwards and it is the same attitude that is causing serious problems in the western world - treating offenders with kids gloves! People who know what is RIGHT to do should DO IT!

Many people do not just grasp the negative effects of illegal immigration on the host Country!
Re: Black Sunday For Nigerians In London As Immigration Nabs Illegal Immigrants by tpia5: 3:19pm On Dec 01, 2010

what's the reason and who in particular.
Re: Black Sunday For Nigerians In London As Immigration Nabs Illegal Immigrants by jaygetta(m): 7:23pm On Dec 01, 2010
Is seyibrown somehow related to Janet Napolitano? Cus the way the guy dey take vex on this issue,
Re: Black Sunday For Nigerians In London As Immigration Nabs Illegal Immigrants by seyibrown(f): 8:29pm On Dec 01, 2010
jaygetta:

Is seyibrown somehow related to Janet Napolitano? Cus the way the guy dey take vex on this issue,

No, not all!  grin I am very 'Negroid'! It'll just be nice if we encourage 'our people' to abide by the Laws of any country they go to instead of suggesting that we guarantee them our sympathy when they go breaking laws and telling the world that lawlessness is synonymous with being black! I know the world is not 'right' but we can all do our bit to make it a better place!
Re: Black Sunday For Nigerians In London As Immigration Nabs Illegal Immigrants by AjanleKoko: 8:46pm On Dec 01, 2010
seyibrown:

Is it then a 'Negro thing' to always remain ignorant of the law and your rights? Is it a 'Negro thing' to continually break the Law instead of keeping it?  grin I will sympathise with anybody who truly deserves it! I don't see any reason to sympathise with someone who PUTS themselves in a situation where THEY HAD A CHOICE NOT TO BE IN!

Do you think 'Negro thing' is a defence against deportation or 'compassionate grounds' in support of an immigration application? Can we just stop justifying unlawful behaviour and take responsibility for our actions for once? It is the very attitude that keeps Africa backwards and it is the same attitude that is causing serious problems in the western world - treating offenders with kids gloves! People who know what is RIGHT to do should DO IT!

Many people do not just grasp the negative effects of illegal immigration on the host Country!

Fair enough. I won't say you're not right.

Pardon me for being a little naive, but I think it might help if the more enlightened and knowledgeable Africans living in the UK possibly tried to reach out to help their less fortunate and ignorant brethren.

I am not so sure but there seems to be an awfully large number of Asians in the UK. I'd imagine they're probably not all legal immigrants, and quite a few must be crooked I am sure. But it looks like they still try to help each other out somehow. Since I live back home, i don't really know how you all live over there, but maybe any form of assistance from free legal services to the illegals who are already facing the long arm of the law, to information about how to get legal once you're there, might help. I'm sure there are probably really good reasons for objection to this, but I wonder sometimes if it's not an African thing for us to seek acceptance and validation among our European hosts, and not care what happens to our fellow Africans.

All those Pakis and Indians, they can't all be getting visas from the embassies in Delhi and Karachi, so there has to be a way they come into Britain and stay there. From the original post, it seems the clampdown is targeted mostly at Africans, can you tell me exactly why that is?
Re: Black Sunday For Nigerians In London As Immigration Nabs Illegal Immigrants by buzugee(m): 7:02pm On Mar 16, 2011
Jakumo:

[size=14pt]"The immigration team searched all seven floors and rounded up 14 suspects in the teddy bear department."[/size]

I can only imagine the embarrassment of the deportees when they tell folks back in Nigeria that they were finally corralled by La Migra in the teddy bear department, of all places.
Would the embarrasment be a lot better if they were rounded up in say, the necktie department ? undecided

1 Like

Re: Black Sunday For Nigerians In London As Immigration Nabs Illegal Immigrants by 76Naira(m): 11:02pm On Oct 28, 2013
Bottom line.....its illegal to reside illegally!
Re: Black Sunday For Nigerians In London As Immigration Nabs Illegal Immigrants by Ugosample(m): 4:56pm On Aug 12, 2016
seyibrown:

@DapoBear

Things are not that straightforward in life o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Maiduguri Shuts Down As Army Launches Search / 2 Okada Riders Jailed In Enugu For Violating Ban / Senate Will Support Death Penalty For Oil-thieves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.