Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,171 members, 7,811,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention (41136 Views)

Femi Otedola Donates ₦‎1 Billion To Lagos State Security Trust Fund / Peter Obi Visits IDP Camps In Bokkos & Barkin-ladi LGAs, donates N5 Million / Kabir Ishaq Sa'id: Farmer Donates N5 Million For Buhari's Presidential Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by dukeprince50: 2:19pm On Nov 11, 2019
id911:

I don't think he's complaining. I personally think he's calling out rich Northerners, who are currently aloof as usual, to do more to their disadvantage people especially in the North East. I really commend Pastor Reno Omokri for being outspoken and fearless in the mist of tyranny.
Some billionaires doesn't like people knowing about them, they donate silently. They like frugal lifestyle and are running away from public just like seun. He is frugal
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by sonature1: 2:19pm On Nov 11, 2019
TooMuchStuff:
To me I squarely blame Islam for lack Love for Humanity that themed the message of Allah to mankind as contained in the Quran.

The maidaribe, indimi, mandara, alimodu Sheriff and hundreds of naira billionaires in Borno alone should have come together to give back to their communities. But no. They will prefer to eat alone, steal more, create more violence. Leaving Bill Gates, Ford, otedola and hosts of other NGOs who are Christians to keep cleaning the mess ups created by Muslims across the country and beyond.

When a religion is focused on too much hate for infidels and no love for even amongst it Ummah except you are fully into Jihad, this is what u get.

Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Bharaine, Saudi Arabia and UAE are extremely rich Muslim countries that can afford to eliminate poverty from among world's poor Muslims of Nigeria, Afghanistan, Somalia, Bangladesh, Rhoyinga, and Yemen.

But they rather fund terrorism to create more death and poverty than economic empowerment.

Globally, Christian countries are always leading in charities because Christianity is founded on LOVE for God and Humanity. Muslim nations should wake up.

Don't mind them

Even the Syrian refugees were not allowed into core Islamic countries like Saudi Arabia.

They had to run to Europe, a continent traditionally dominated by Christians.

Imams in the north have a role in sensitizing their followers to eschew terrorism.

Terrorism is the worst form of crime against humanity and the most difficult for any military to contain.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by kutashi: 2:19pm On Nov 11, 2019
TooMuchStuff:
To me I squarely blame Islam for lack Love for Humanity that themed the message of Allah to mankind as contained in the Quran.

The maidaribe, indimi, mandara, alimodu Sheriff and hundreds of naira billionaires in Borno alone should have come together to give back to their communities. But no. They will prefer to eat alone, steal more, create more violence. Leaving Bill Gates, Ford, otedola and hosts of other NGOs who are Christians to keep cleaning the mess ups created by Muslims across the country and beyond.

When a religion is focused on too much hate for infidels and no love for even amongst it Ummah except you are fully into Jihad, this is what u get.

Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Bharaine, Saudi Arabia and UAE are extremely rich Muslim countries that can afford to eliminate poverty from among world's poor Muslims of Nigeria, Afghanistan, Somalia, Bangladesh, Rhoyinga, and Yemen.

But they rather fund terrorism to create more death and poverty than economic empowerment.

Globally, Christian countries are always leading in charities because Christianity is founded on LOVE for God and Humanity. Muslim nations should wake up.
Unfortunately, your comment emanated from your hate for Islam which is clearly contrary to 'Christian love' picture you are trying to paint.
Who told you Islam is about hate for infidel? Get your brain's border for these little facts! Donation in Islam is not meant for press, in fact it is even more rewarding if you silent about it! I wonder why all of you started shouting up and down for a donation from father to daughter! Do you know tax implication is favourable for such a money and financial technicalities associated with such donation?
In regards to Arab countries, do you it's the monies from those countries that are financing your Christian countries from which they are giving your Christian world for gospel?

Relief yourself of hate and ignorance and believe in (ALLAH) only one GOD for you to make heaven!

6 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by DSoj(m): 2:20pm On Nov 11, 2019
Reno makes sense this time
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by shogsman(m): 2:20pm On Nov 11, 2019
If you believe the man donated $15m out of his $300m net worth then you can believe anything.this is just a ploy to get people to donate huge sums.
And to Reno,you can’t tell a man how to spend his money,donate and shut up.

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by TeamSimple(m): 2:21pm On Nov 11, 2019
TooMuchStuff:

I don’t blame you . You have no knowledge about Islam itself and it position on charity and how the Rich is supposed to live with the poor. And those Islamic countries you listed up there aren’t poor Islamic quantities , they are far from being poor but political and social unrest caused by external and internal factors won’t allow them have a taste of their wealth .

You lots are very quick to use the actions and happenings of a Muslim or Muslim community to judge the religion itself without really knowing what the position of the religion truly is . There are a lot of inhumane acts that goes on in the so called Christian countries and you people will be quick to single it out and blame it on the people involve and not the religion , sometimes you even find it comfortable to blame it on other religions . Your so called Christian country are responsible for more death in world history than any other religion . You can go figure out yourself .

5 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by grandstar(m): 2:27pm On Nov 11, 2019
I'm dumbfounded. I always thought the billionaire tag was not fitting despite Forbes endorsement.

I'm impressed.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by dukeprince50: 2:28pm On Nov 11, 2019
FX:
Audio donation. Na scam. He can't donate such money. He is not rich enough to donate such amount.
Femi will make #5bill a month, google his networth and know that every billionaire has the tendency of doubling their networth in 5years, that is why Dangote was able to build a refinery that is more than his networth.
Femi is rich enough to make that money back in a month and the guys worth is close to #300b.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by BlackCrainte: 2:29pm On Nov 11, 2019
shogsman:
If you believe the man donated $15m out of his $300m net worth then you can believe anything.this is just a ploy to get people to donate huge sums.

Where did you get the fact of $300 million. You need to hit Google and update yourself.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by plaindealer: 2:30pm On Nov 11, 2019
shogsman:

Some people are not obsessed with money or see money the way you see money, helping people in need means more to them than money, something people like you need to emulate.

The man obviously doesn't care about money the way he's been donating and helping people all over Nigeria.

Being a decent human being is more than money and you don't have to be rich or poor to help people in need.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by dukeprince50: 2:30pm On Nov 11, 2019
grandstar:
I'm dumbfounded. I always thought the billionaire tag was not fitting despite Forbes endorsement.

I'm impressed.
His donation was in Naira, not in dollar, he is far richer Dan #5b.
Forbes rate you based on info you gave them, when Adenuga gave a detailed summary of his companies and cap values, his networth rose.
You can also completely hide it.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by guass(m): 2:32pm On Nov 11, 2019
gidgiddy:
Otedola is a rich man, but not rich enough to donate 5 billion to anyone.
K
You are on the right track. I said it when Dangote did it that it is practically IMPOSSIBLE for a NIGERIAN BILLIONAIRE, in his financial wisdom, to pull out 100 billion to CHARITY.
NO PROBLEM!
Always Northeast including Katsina
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by wisdomchukus199(m): 2:34pm On Nov 11, 2019
But wait oooo I am still wondering how Mompha laundered 33bilion and no one caught him...Calling Mompha a Yahoo boy is an Insult... That guy is a Spiritual Yahoo God cry kiss cry
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 11, 2019
gidgiddy:
Otedola is a rich man, but not rich enough to donate 5 billion to anyone.

But he donated 2.5billion to pdp some years back undecided

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by plaindealer: 2:39pm On Nov 11, 2019

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10548134_12_jpegd077e4317cde1e70737c7d5616929159

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10547072_img20190424171126400x533_jpeg5b9453e9c6d7157d01652d314da0deac

Otedola donates N18m for Chukwu’s overseas treatment

The Chief Executive Officer, Forte Oil Plc., Femi Otedola, has donated N18m for the overseas medical trip of ailing former Super Eagles coach, Christian Chukwu.

Otedola, who was represented by the Chairman of Otedola Foundation, Phillip Akinola, made the donation on Wednesday during a visit to the Enugu residence of Chukwu.

He said his foundation would do everything possible to ensure that the ex-captain of the Green Eagles regained his health.

https://punchng.com/otedola-donates-n18m-for-chukwus-overseas-treatment/
Otedola is a rich man who's figured out that he can not take his money with him to heaven and decided to start doing good with his money.

Instead of swimming in hatred and bitterness, re-access your own bitter and unproductive life and aspire to do whatever to help humanity especially your own fellow Nigerians in need.

What about Christian Chukwu? When rich Nigerians including the money-obsessed ones in your village where he came from ignored the dying man, who paid US$50,000 for his foreign medical trip and treatment? It was Otedola. Not you bitter souls on NL with zero kobo to donate and help your fellow man, all you have to offer is bitterness.

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by PyriteBoss: 2:40pm On Nov 11, 2019
How can it be audio,its just short of 15 million dollars ,that Otedola man is worth more than a Billion dollars in cash and assets considering he sold of his Forte Oil business
majamajic:
this 5 billon sounds audio to me

with much respect sir ,

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by yeyeosoronga: 2:41pm On Nov 11, 2019
omenka:
By the way, the 5bill was paid into his daughter's NGO so, technically, it's still within the family.

One needs alot more details to form a good opinion on this. Hope it's not another image laundering stunt.

Save the children is not Cuppy's NGO pls. It's an international British NGO that has been in existence long before Femi Otedola was born, talkmore of Cuppy. Cuppy just recently happens to be their face in Nigeria. She took the mantle for a cause she believes in. They've been working in Nigeria before we ever knew of Cuppy. That's the difference btw celebs abroad and Nigeria. Abroad, they give themselves (their time, money, effort) to charities they support and go all out. I wish more celebs would use their influence for good.
He is obviously supporting his daughter, and perhaps if she wasn't their ambassador here, he would have dropped 5milla and boned face or he might genuinely want to make a difference. 5 billion is not beans and it definitely wont be becasue of the whims of his daughter. He wants to make an impact if that story is true, and perhaps challenge their billionaire club members and the 30billion gang members too

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by guass(m): 2:42pm On Nov 11, 2019
Elder0001:

But he donated 2.5billion to pdp some years back undecided
Yes that 2.5 would earn him 5 billion.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by Yebosola(m): 2:43pm On Nov 11, 2019
id911:

I watched the program on TV last night. Femi donated #5 Billion and Aliko #100 Million. I think the money actually goes to his daughter, DJ Cuppy Foundation. So basically, it's DJ Cuppy that'll manage the money in collaboration with Save The Children. It could also be a form of image laundering because the truth of the matter is, Femi doesn't have #5 Billion anywhere to donate to anyone. If you like believe or you can argue

Your last sentence hits me from the blue, #5b is less than $15m, and u said Otedola that's has properties littered all over Ikoyi & Victoria Island in Lagos ,and in choices of the world donated Audio money, you better craw back to your hamelet ,Nairaland is full of keyboard novice.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by shogsman(m): 2:44pm On Nov 11, 2019
BlackCrainte:

Where did you get the fact of $300 million. You need to hit Google and update yourself.

Don’t just rush to comment,educate yourself and verify your statements first.

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by plaindealer: 2:44pm On Nov 11, 2019

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10548160_12_jpegd077e4317cde1e70737c7d5616929159

Victor Olaotan To Commence Treatment After Femi Otedola Donates N30 Million

Nollywood actor, Richard Mofe-Damijo has confirmed the receipt of ‘almost’ $100, 000 (N30 Million) pledged by Nigerian Billionaire Femi Otedola, for the medical bills of movie veteran and Tinsel actor Victor Olaotan who is currently receiving treatment from injuries he sustained from an accident in October 2016.

http://thenet.ng/victor-olaotan-commence-treatment-femi-otedola-donates-n30-million/
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by PyriteBoss: 2:44pm On Nov 11, 2019
shogsman:

I dont understand how you can say Otedola cant donate that amount of cash,forget the last Forbes listing of 300 million dollars,that Man divested his fuel business and made some cool cash from it,running above his networth,Otedola should be worth close to a billion dollars or more.So 15mill dollars is nothing to a good cause

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by frankmoney(m): 2:45pm On Nov 11, 2019
Where is atiku ... Is he not from North East
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by Yebosola(m): 2:45pm On Nov 11, 2019
princeadams11:

Guy, Otedola donated the funds to his daughters foundation. Are you sure he is going to give such funds. Why didnt he donate the funds to other bodies instead of his daugther's?

U think he is an idiot, right? For them to loot it dry

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by ideylaff: 2:46pm On Nov 11, 2019
Ceoking6:
i was wondering how the slay queen can supervise something as big as 5b.

A femi would not even do more than dagote in donation with the way he pushes aliko above himself

Femi can afford to give 10 million pounds to give to his Daughters Foundation, dont forget it not an immediate give away, could be overa period of time.

The line I agree with his this "A femi would not even do more than dagote in donation with the way he pushes aliko above himself" he respects Aliko so much he will never try to out do Dangote..... in fact Dangote will have prior knowledge of his doation .... so maybe na Aliko Donation Femi drop and Aliko dropped Femis...

Since their last fight they have become so close and tighter as friends so much more Femi calls him his mentor.

if you know you know....

Also his toned down quiet Divorce between him and his wife is draining him big time.... she collected a great amount of £ and assets from him....

Never reported though .... but we know they have an arrangement to always stay cordial for the kids...
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by grandstar(m): 2:48pm On Nov 11, 2019
dukeprince50:
His donation was in Naira, not in dollar, he is far richer Dan #5b.
Forbes rate you based on info you gave them, when Adenuga gave a detailed summary of his companies and cap values, his networth rose.
You can also completely hide it.

I know it's Naira。 That is about $14m. That's not small money. He will be seen as a god amongst those people
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by plaindealer: 2:48pm On Nov 11, 2019
princeadams11:

Guy, Otedola donated the funds to his daughters foundation. Are you sure he is going to give such funds. Why didnt he donate the funds to other bodies instead of his daugther's?

Responding to Otedola’s donation, Kevin Watkins, the CEO of Save The Children, pledged that every penny out of it would be spent improving the lives of the children affected by insurgency in the northeast. Otedola’s donation will be managed by the Save The Children Fund and will be used to finance various intervention programmes for children in Borno, Adamawa and Katsina.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2019/11/11/nigerian-energy-magnate-femi-otedola-donates-14-million-to-save-the-children-fund/

The fund is being managed by Save The Children, an international organization, not by his daughter.

Leave hatred and bitterness alone and read beyond the headlines.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by Yebosola(m): 2:49pm On Nov 11, 2019
profmnuhu:
And the idiot failed to mention Atiku's name. Hypocrite!

grin grin grin Ghenghen, Day Don break, Atiku right now..... Can a good fellow give me that yimu meme
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by omenka(m): 2:50pm On Nov 11, 2019
madridsta007:

The foundation was set up for aid and charity. That money will be towards the IDPs in the North. If you want to audit the spending, wait for 5 years and then move in to audit.
Calling the many billionaires in the North out is nothing evil. I am sure you know this. Defending them, while they display obscene amount of wealth in the midst of their poverty-stricken people, is actually evil.

Did you even read my first comment? How am I defending them when I said Reno was right about the tweet even though I dont like him? undecided
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by Yusman316(m): 2:51pm On Nov 11, 2019
In as much as Reno tries to sound objective, he is simply a hate filled bigot
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by plaindealer: 2:52pm On Nov 11, 2019
ideylaff:

Femi can afford to give 10 million pounds to give to his Daughters Foundation, dont forget it not an immediate give away, could be overa period of time.

The line I agree with his this "A femi would not even do more than dagote in donation with the way he pushes aliko above himself" he respects Aliko so much he will never try to out do Dangote..... in fact Dangote will have prior knowledge of his doation .... so maybe na Aliko Donation Femi drop and Aliko dropped Femis...

Since their last fight they have become so close and tighter as friends so much more Femi calls him his mentor.

if you know you know....

Dangote is a frequent donor per the same issues, he donated $10 million back in 2016 and if you tally up his donations, I won't be surprised if it's more than Otedola's donation, but how much they have or donated is not the point, it's about helping regardless how much you have, even people with 1 kobo in their pocket can help.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by majamajic(m): 2:53pm On Nov 11, 2019
PyriteBoss:
How can it be audio,its just short of 15 million dollars ,that Otedola man is worth more than a Billion dollars in cash and assets considering he sold of his Forte Oil business

Donation is different from assets and for the fact it's for her daughter's foundation and to northern region

believe this at your own risk , me no believe it and I don't want to argue over it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tere Ikuru's Defection Shocked Me But He Is Free To Go, Says Amaechi / APC Presidential Rally Benue State Live (pics) / A 5-Mile Island Built to Save Lagos’s Economy Has a Fatal Design Flaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.