Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,887 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention (41131 Views)

Femi Otedola Donates ₦‎1 Billion To Lagos State Security Trust Fund / Peter Obi Visits IDP Camps In Bokkos & Barkin-ladi LGAs, donates N5 Million / Kabir Ishaq Sa'id: Farmer Donates N5 Million For Buhari's Presidential Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by Yebosola(m): 2:54pm On Nov 11, 2019
plaindealer:

The fund is being managed by Save The Children, not by his daughter.

Read beyond the headlines.

Hope this will put the doubters to shame, calling his poor daughter slay queen and Ote$'s donation Audio
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by yetunsbay(m): 2:56pm On Nov 11, 2019
TooMuchStuff:
To me I squarely blame Islam for lack Love for Humanity that themed the message of Allah to mankind as contained in the Quran.

The maidaribe, indimi, mandara, alimodu Sheriff and hundreds of naira billionaires in Borno alone should have come together to give back to their communities. But no. They will prefer to eat alone, steal more, create more violence. Leaving Bill Gates, Ford, otedola and hosts of other NGOs who are Christians to keep cleaning the mess ups created by Muslims across the country and beyond.

When a religion is focused on too much hate for infidels and no love for even amongst it Ummah except you are fully into Jihad, this is what u get.

Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Bharaine, Saudi Arabia and UAE are extremely rich Muslim countries that can afford to eliminate poverty from among world's poor Muslims of Nigeria, Afghanistan, Somalia, Bangladesh, Rhoyinga, and Yemen.

But they rather fund terrorism to create more death and poverty than economic empowerment.

Globally, Christian countries are always leading in charities because Christianity is founded on LOVE for God and Humanity. Muslim nations should wake up.
bro forget all the write up. Humanity first.... Religion is different from character trait. Go make in depth research about Islam then u gonna knw the real truth.

Was Adolf Hitler a muslim ? Let's stop there

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by Nobody: 2:57pm On Nov 11, 2019
shogsman:
If you believe the man donated $15m out of his $300m net worth then you can believe anything.this is just a ploy to get people to donate huge sums.
And to Reno,you can’t tell a man how to spend his money,donate and shut up.

Dude ,otedola is worth more than $300m

He was once a dollar billionaire($1.07b) on Forbes list until he dropped to $500m in 2016

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by GeneralShepherd(m): 2:59pm On Nov 11, 2019
TooMuchStuff:
To me I squarely blame Islam for lack Love for Humanity that themed the message of Allah to mankind as contained in the Quran.

The maidaribe, indimi, mandara, alimodu Sheriff and hundreds of naira billionaires in Borno alone should have come together to give back to their communities. But no. They will prefer to eat alone, steal more, create more violence. Leaving Bill Gates, Ford, otedola and hosts of other NGOs who are Christians to keep cleaning the mess ups created by Muslims across the country and beyond.

When a religion is focused on too much hate for infidels and no love for even amongst it Ummah except you are fully into Jihad, this is what u get.

Qatar, Oman, Kuwait, Bharaine, Saudi Arabia and UAE are extremely rich Muslim countries that can afford to eliminate poverty from among world's poor Muslims of Nigeria, Afghanistan, Somalia, Bangladesh, Rhoyinga, and Yemen.

But they rather fund terrorism to create more death and poverty than economic empowerment.

Globally, Christian countries are always leading in charities because Christianity is founded on LOVE for God and Humanity. Muslim nations should wake up.

Like France bombing Libya to the stone age? Yeah it makes sense
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by plaindealer: 3:01pm On Nov 11, 2019
Yebosola:

Hope this will put the doubters to shame, calling his poor daughter slay queen and Ote$'s donation Audio

They are crude, crass, ignorant, sexist and shallow mentality bigots with nothing to offer humanity apart from hatred and bitterness.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by Yebosola(m): 3:03pm On Nov 11, 2019
plaindealer:

Otedola is a rich man who's figured out that he can not take his money with him to heaven and decided to start doing good with his money.

Instead of swimming in hatred and bitterness, re-access your own bitter and unproductive life and aspire to do whatever to help humanity especially your own fellow Nigerians in need.

What about Christian Chukwu? When rich Nigerians including the money-obsessed ones in your village where he came from ignored the dying man, who paid US$50,000 for his foreign medical trip and treatment? It was Otedola. Not you bitter souls on NL with zero kobo to donate and help your fellow man, all you have to offer is bitterness.

Hate is in their DNA, I wonder how some people pray to God to better their lives when filled with so much hatred. Shior
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by plaindealer: 3:06pm On Nov 11, 2019
In 2005, he instituted a N200 million scholarship for Lagos state undergraduates, same year he donated N300 million for the completion of the National Ecumenical Centre in Abuja.

He, at various times, donated N100 million to the Lagos State College of Primary Education, N100 million to the Central Mosque, Ilorin (Kwara State), and N100 million to the University of Port Harcourt (Rivers State).

He has committed to building and donating a faculty of engineering valued at N2 billion to the Augustine University in his hometown, Epe (Lagos state).

Recently, he made life-saving interventions by footing the medical bills of Christian Chukwu, former captain and coach of Super Eagles; Peter Fregene, former international goalkeeper; Majek Fashek, celebrated Reggae artiste; as well as Sadiq Daba and Victor Olaotan, veteran actors.

https://businessday.ng/news/article/otedola-splashes-n5-billion-for-north-east-intervention/

The man's generosity doesn't recognize religion, tribe or regional boundaries.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by ChristmasBells: 3:08pm On Nov 11, 2019
5billion could this be true!
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by Yebosola(m): 3:08pm On Nov 11, 2019
yeyeosoronga:

Save the children is not Cuppy's NGO pls. It's an international British NGO that has been in existence long before Femi Otedola was born, talkmore of Cuppy. Cuppy just recently happens to be their face in Nigeria. She took the mantle for a cause she believes in. They've been working in Nigeria before we ever knew of Cuppy. That's the difference btw celebs abroad and Nigeria. Abroad, they give themselves (their time, money, effort) to charities they support and go all out. I wish more celebs would use their influence for good.
He is obviously supporting his daughter, and perhaps if she wasn't their ambassador here, he would have dropped 5milla and boned face or he might genuinely want to make a difference. 5 billion is not beans and it definitely wont be becasue of the whims of his daughter. He wants to make an impact if that story is true, and perhaps challenge their billionaire club members and the 30billion gang members too

When u see matured mind, u will know, thanks for this insightful info kudos.Some toddlers on Nairaland who knows next to nothing are shouting Audio money, can't blame them, go to school, they won't.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by plaindealer: 3:09pm On Nov 11, 2019
Yebosola:

Hate is in their DNA, I wonder how some people pray to God to better their lives when filled with so much hatred. Shior

When Christina Chukwu was dying, these hate-filled people and the rich people in that region did not raise a finger, but the same Otedola stepped in to fly him abroad for medical treatment.

All they do is hate and hate, but they are of no use to humanity.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by officialfysh(m): 3:12pm On Nov 11, 2019
gidgiddy:
Otedola is a rich man, but not rich enough to donate 5 billion to anyone.

Check for his net worth
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by madridsta007(m): 3:13pm On Nov 11, 2019
omenka:
Did you even read my first comment? How am I defending them when I said Reno was right about the tweet even though I dont like him? undecided

Here’s your statement:

“ By the way, the 5bill was paid into his daughter's NGO so, technically, it's still within the family.
One needs alot more details to form a good opinion on this. Hope it's not another image laundering stunt.”

1. By stating that the N5bn was paid into the his Daughter’s NGO, you are simply illegitimising the charity fund. We know that pedestrian trick. Why don’t you state that the NGO is actually registered under the CAC and, as such, subject to the Corporate Affairs Commisions guidelines? Or state that it is actually going to be managed by Save The Children Fund, an INGO? Or you didnt see that part in the news?

Or why you don’t state that, perhaps the reason why it wasn’t sent fully to a foreign NGO is because of the Nigerian Army’s current crackdown on foreign-owned NGOs?

Or you don’t know these?

2. Asking for “a lot more details” is a good thing. However, you are simply trying to subtly create an impression that is negative. How many “details” are generally announced in donations? None, to be best of our knowledge. Because you audit AFTER a period of time or AFTER the money has been spent.

This is a private donation, by a private individual. Do you actually get this?

3. “Hope it is not another image laundering stuff”— that’s silly. Is Otedola a Politician that he is looking to launder his image like a Buhari in suit? Of course you know he isn’t a politician. Yet, you are persisting with a hateful, sly, and evil attack on what should be lauded as a kind deed. Is gratitude so bad, that you cant express it?

You clearly have no feelings or care about the IDPs in the North. You simply hate them. Hence your subtle demonisation of this gift. Hence your refusal to call out the many millionaires and billionaires of Northern Nigeria extraction who have looked the other way while their region burns.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by binna77: 3:15pm On Nov 11, 2019
BlackCrainte:

Where did you get the fact of $300 million. You need to hit Google and update yourself.

Femi otedolas current net worth is $300 million I think you are the one that needs to update yourself. Uncle femi has fallen from the billionaire list long time ago

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by BlackCrainte: 3:21pm On Nov 11, 2019
binna77:

Femi otedolas current net worth is $300 million I think you are the one that needs to update yourself. Uncle femi has fallen from the billionaire list long time ago

I won't school.

Like I said, hit Google and share screen shot that presently legs Otedola at $300 million.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by BlackCrainte: 3:22pm On Nov 11, 2019
shogsman:

Don’t just rush to comment,educate yourself and verify your statements first.

Can you see how you show cased your illiteracy?

2009 report.

Please don't make me laugh

It's 2019
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by Adakintroy2: 3:27pm On Nov 11, 2019
IvarTheBoneless:

Actually not my business whether Otedola donated or not.

My point was and still remains - it's foolish to complain about what others give out as charity. #5 or # 5 billion.

It's not foolishnes. A time of giving is for honestly and remorse not time to show off.

5bollion. Why wait till its was it's daughters own charity. You are a philsntopist you are a philanthropist. End!
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by afesco: 3:32pm On Nov 11, 2019
That money go miss road because i trust naija.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by shogsman(m): 3:36pm On Nov 11, 2019
BlackCrainte:

Can you see how you show cased your illiteracy?

2009 report.

Please don't make me laugh

It's 2019

Are you demented?cant you see 2019 there,why do you people like to argue what you don’t know.you just exhibit your ignorance everywhere without taking to correction.

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by BlackCrainte: 3:39pm On Nov 11, 2019
shogsman:

Are you demented?cant you see 2019 there,why do you people like to argue what you don’t know.you just exhibit your ignorance everywhere without taking to correction.

Open the wikepedia page and show his networth before I do.

False info
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by BlackCrainte: 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2019
shogsman:

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by AntiWailer: 3:42pm On Nov 11, 2019
PapaBaby:
Otedola #5bil
Dangote #100mil
There are no destitutes in SW abi?

Work hard and dnt be a destitute.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by shogsman(m): 3:43pm On Nov 11, 2019
BlackCrainte:

That was before he sold forte oil,this is his current net worth

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by plaindealer: 3:43pm On Nov 11, 2019
Adakintroy2:

It's not foolishnes. A time of giving is for honestly and remorse not time to show off.

5bollion. Why wait till its was it's daughters own charity. You are a philsntopist you are a philanthropist. End!

1. He did not call the press to his house or office to show off, It was a fundraising event with other well-meaning Nigerians including the press/news media in attendance, other people at the event also donated, this is news because he made the largest donation at the event.

2. The money went to Save The Children an international organization, not to his daughter or his daughter's bank account.

Read beyond the headlines and stop doing foolishness and follow follow..

4 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by MetaPhysical: 3:44pm On Nov 11, 2019
TooMuchStuff:

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by shogsman(m): 3:44pm On Nov 11, 2019
BlackCrainte:

Keep yourself updated this are the current list of Nigerian billionaires.

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by BlackCrainte: 3:44pm On Nov 11, 2019
shogsman:

That was before he sold forte oil,this is his current net worth

Chai!

Now you have shifted goal post.

I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by plaindealer: 3:45pm On Nov 11, 2019
madridsta007:

Here’s your statement:

“ By the way, the 5bill was paid into his daughter's NGO so, technically, it's still within the family.
One needs alot more details to form a good opinion on this. Hope it's not another image laundering stunt.”

1. By stating that the N5bn was paid into the his Daughter’s NGO, you are simply illegitimising the charity fund. We know that pedestrian trick. Why don’t you state that the NGO is actually registered under the CAC and, as such, subject to the Corporate Affairs Commisions guidelines? Or state that it is actually going to be managed by Save The Children Fund, an INGO? Or you didnt see that part in the news?

Or why you don’t state that, perhaps the reason why it wasn’t sent fully to a foreign NGO is because of the Nigerian Army’s current crackdown on foreign-owned NGOs?

Or you don’t know these?

2. Asking for “a lot more details” is a good thing. However, you are simply trying to subtly create an impression that is negative. How many “details” are generally announced in donations? None, to be best of our knowledge. Because you audit AFTER a period of time or AFTER the money has been spent.

This is a private donation, by a private individual. Do you actually get this?

3. “Hope it is not another image laundering stuff”— that’s silly. Is Otedola a Politician that he is looking to launder his image like a Buhari in suit? Of course you know he isn’t a politician. Yet, you are persisting with a hateful, sly, and evil attack on what should be lauded as a kind deed. Is gratitude so bad, that you cant express it?

You clearly have no feelings or care about the IDPs in the North. You simply hate them. Hence your subtle demonisation of this gift. Hence your refusal to call out the many millionaires and billionaires of Northern Nigeria extraction who have looked the other way while their region burns.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Excellent post.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 11, 2019
dangote donation no dey pass 100 million
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by shogsman(m): 3:49pm On Nov 11, 2019
BlackCrainte:

Chai!

Now you have shifted goal post.

I rest my case.

Bro there’s nothing wrong in admitting you were wrong,we learn everyday.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by DEROX: 3:51pm On Nov 11, 2019
yoruba men are generous and not stingy like --------
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by vv123: 3:58pm On Nov 11, 2019
omenka:
Not the type to throw away the baby with the bathwater like the hate infested pdp supporters. Therefore, I'd like to endorse this tweet from Wendel Simlin.

First time since the disappearance of the dinosaurs that he'd make sense.

Cheers to that.
must everything/anything b PDP.
Re: Reno Omokri Reacts As Otedola Donates N5 Billion For North-east Intervention by MetaPhysical: 4:00pm On Nov 11, 2019
Save the children foundation -
This foundation is not just about food. Many of these children are already orphaned. Their education is severely disrupted and home life is completely transformed and they now live in shelter camps. The fund also care for health issues, in many cases the attacks that killed their parents also maimed or severely injured many...some have severed limbs.

Southerners -
Many of us in the South have a preformed conception that North is a place of poverty and their children suffer, are labandoned and not cared for.

Donation -
A Southerner donated money to the fund discreetly...but it was reported by media. If media had not reported none of us would know. Yet we blame the man for showing off. Why not blame media for disclosing the amount or for singling out this man?

Nairaland -
Should we not praise a man that gave support to a cause that is working to reduce poverty and sufferings to the children damaged by terror?

This same man intervened in SE when Christian Chuckwu almost died from sickness because none of his millionaire brothers came to his aid. Otedola flew him abroad and paid his hospital and maintenance fees, with that of the relatives that will be on his entourage.

Are Ibos putting Otedola down because he is Yoruba? Focus on the cause he champions and stop your hatred of a man who is known for phillantrophic efforts around the country. This man has donated to cause in SW, in NW, in NC, SE, NE, SS. Celebrate him and not hate him.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

RMAFC Approves 114% Salary Increase For Tinubu, Shettima, Govs, Others / What Saraki, Dogara Told Buhari About Dino Melaye’s Travail, 2018 Budget - READ / Tere Ikuru's Defection Shocked Me But He Is Free To Go, Says Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.