Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,128 members, 7,829,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Hawkers Deserve Some Respect Too! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Hawkers Deserve Some Respect Too! (420 Views)

Ever Seen A Grown Man / Married Hunting Female Street Hawkers? / NL Guys: Y'all Need To Calm And Show The Ladies Here Some Respect / Why Do You Think You Deserve Some Accolades (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hawkers Deserve Some Respect Too! by partnerbizn5(m): 5:39am On Nov 15, 2019
I always feel bad each time I sight them. I see the peanuts they make despite the stress and hardship they go through daily in traffic.

Well, I have the habit of leaving small change for them each time. The smile on their faces on each occasion in invaluable.

NOW, the truth is that we will always have the poor among us.( Note that this term poor is relative --except you are using UNO or other organisations' standards.)

Even in New York, people still hawk in traffic.

The difference is that they aren't school kids.
And the poor also benefit from basic amenities like good education, roads, health care etc.

UNLIKE in nagelia.

It's well.

ASIDE:

Malcom Gladwell in "OUTLIERS" asserts that nobody makes it alone. That most successes like that of Tiger woods, Bill Gates etc are owed to cumulative advantages early in life.

Making it in life is dependent on several factors ranging from family level, talent, LUCK etc.
Part of the above factors gives a person a cumulative advantage. This is also called "The mathew effect in sociology, -- gotten from the bible.

Serena Williams and sister Venus owe their success to this factor. I won't dwell much on this because of time.

There is some level of luck. Yes. Some call this luck, kismet, serendipity, accident or God factor.

Geoff Colvin agrees when he wrote his book "Talent is overrated"

My point is that it's unhealthy to compare yourself with others, because your realities and background are different. Nobody makes it alone.

Enjoy and appreciate your level now, while you work for more.

Don't look down on others except you fancy their shoes. Some of the things we brag about, we never merited or worked for them.

The drivers, conductors, pepper sellers etc all deserve respect.

It could have been any of us. But nature was kinder to some of us.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Re: Hawkers Deserve Some Respect Too! by Nobody: 5:56am On Nov 15, 2019
Nice write-up!!! I always feel for those hawkers especially children hawker embarassed cry
This life isn't fair at all!!!
Re: Hawkers Deserve Some Respect Too! by Rajman45(m): 6:04am On Nov 15, 2019
Sure..... I always respect everyone that am buying from, be it a market woman, workman, sales person, aboki, etc. I'm always the first to say thank you, even do am paying for it.

1 Like

Re: Hawkers Deserve Some Respect Too! by fortune98(m): 6:06am On Nov 15, 2019
Yeah..nice one..need a 3d logo to rep your brand?

Re: Hawkers Deserve Some Respect Too! by IamPlato(m): 6:07am On Nov 15, 2019
Traffic Hawking is Terribly Wrong On Every Ground.

BUT Nigerians Are Just Bad, They Intentionally Allow those Kids Pursue Their Vehicle for Nothing.

Was In A Bus And I Saw This Young Kid chasing after A Bus with Soft Drinks And The Idiot Woman Kept picking One Bottle And Dropping and Finally Picked One and Started Opening Her Bag For Money, this Like Boy Kept Chasing the Bus Which Was Moving Faster Than He Could Go, i Felt Like Slapping her

1 Like

Re: Hawkers Deserve Some Respect Too! by MrCork: 6:07am On Nov 15, 2019
partnerbizn5:
I always feel bad each time I sight them. I see the peanuts they make despite the stress and hardship they go through daily in traffic.

Well, I have the habit of leaving small change for them each time. The smile on their faces on each occasion in invaluable.

NOW, the truth is that we will always have the poor among us.( Note that this term poor is relative --except you are using UNO or other organisations' standards.)

And the poor also benefit from basic amenities like good education, roads, health care etc.

UNLIKE in nagelia.

It's well.

ASIDE:

Malcom Gladwell in "OUTLIERS" asserts that nobody makes it alone. That most successes like that of Tiger woods, Bill Gates etc are owed to cumulative advantages early in life.

Making it in life is dependent on several factors ranging from family level, talent, LUCK etc.
Part of the above factors gives a person a cumulative advantage. This is also called "The mathew effect in sociology, -- gotten from the bible.

Serena Williams and sister Venus owe their success to this factor. I won't dwell much on this because of time.

There is some level of luck. Yes. Some call this luck, kismet, serendipity, accident or God factor.

My point is that it's unhealthy to compare yourself with others, because your realities and background are different. Nobody makes it alone.

Don't look down on others except you fancy their shoes. Some of the things we brag about, we never merited or worked for them.

Cheers!

angry
Re: Hawkers Deserve Some Respect Too! by sodiqapril(m): 6:08am On Nov 15, 2019
Most Nigerians act wickedly towards people below them , and they complain when people above them act the same way to them.you'd be surprised at the way these hawkers act towards those below them also. But nothing beats kindness. It doesn't cost anything.

1 Like

Re: Hawkers Deserve Some Respect Too! by MrCork: 6:09am On Nov 15, 2019
partnerbizn5:

UNLIKE in nagelia.

It's well.

ASIDE:

Cheers!

..bro..so u date orange sellers in Lagos .. correct? angry
Re: Hawkers Deserve Some Respect Too! by HacheNoire: 6:11am On Nov 15, 2019
Ogun Laakaye and Sango Olukoso bless you OP.

Nigerians is the most religious nation in the world been inhabited by the most evil and demonic people who happen to be the majority
Re: Hawkers Deserve Some Respect Too! by IamPlato(m): 6:15am On Nov 15, 2019
I Was In A Bus With Some Young Adults who called A Small Boy Selling Plantain, he Chased The Bus With Two Large Plantain and They Started Pricing This Plantain Riddiculously, this Boy Kept Chasing and Begging them To Buy It but They Kept Giving Wrong Prices that The Boy Had To Tell Them That Its For his Mother And They Should Help Him Buy but No Way, one Even Told Him That In His Village He Could get The Plantain For N200, Why Not Buy The Stupid Plantain or Shut The Hell Up.

They Ended Up Not Buying And Ignored The Lad who Had Ran After This Bus For A Long Distance, far From His Goods.

(1) (Reply)

99.9% Of Male Nairalanders Are Hypocrites. / . / Females: Have U Ever Had A Crush On Men Out Of Ur League & Who Could Not Date U

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.