Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections (41902 Views)

Anambra Guber: Eleven Aspirants Call For Cancellation Of APC Primary / President Buhari Visits APC Situation Room In Abuja. PICTURES. / INEC Situation Room For Tomorrow’s Election Is Up And Runing (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections by karnafiu03(m): 4:16pm On Nov 17, 2019
The Nigerian Civil Society Situation Room has called for the total cancellation of the elections held in Kogi State on Saturday due to the high level of violence and vote buying.

Governorship election was held across the state while a senatorial rerun election was held in Kogi West district.

The Situation Room, a coalition of prominent civic groups, said the Kogi election represents a major dent to Nigeria’s democracy.

The convener of the situation room, Clement Nwankwo, announced the group’s stance in a press conference in Abuja on Sunday.

According to him, if this election is allowed to stand, 2023 and Ondo State election next year will be a bloodbath.

The Situation Room is one of the accredited observers for the election.

PREMIUM TIMES reported how the Kogi State election was characterised by the late arrival of electoral materials, violence and intimidation of voters. The election was, however, also peaceful and efficient in some other areas.

A total of 24 candidates are taking part in the gubernatorial election. Although the registered voters in the state are 1,646,350, about 1,485,828 (90.2 per cent) have collected their PVCs and are thus eligible to vote in the 21 local governments of the state.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/363745-breaking-situation-room-calls-for-cancellation-of-kogi-elections.html

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections by Prettychichi21(f): 4:31pm On Nov 17, 2019
angry
Re: Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections by Solsix(m): 4:32pm On Nov 17, 2019
I remember when I used to pray for peaceful election in Nigeria, I wonder why am not bothered about kogi and Bayelsa

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 17, 2019
Bello can't win the election is rigged. Bello didn't win the election

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections by skelewu404(m): 4:38pm On Nov 17, 2019
AccessME:
Bello can't win the election is rigged. I'm in Lokoja nw
text me ur location

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 17, 2019
skelewu404:
text me ur location
text u my location 4 what?

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections by livebyday(m): 4:42pm On Nov 17, 2019
AccessME:

He wants to track you by getting your mobile number , it's something they do called E9 tracking

For those in the industry.even if you remove the Sim card from the phone they can find you

Cheers

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections by teadrake(m): 4:43pm On Nov 17, 2019
Nigeria is a shithole country - Donald, J. Trump.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections by Merit123(m): 4:44pm On Nov 17, 2019
I hope you hear TA TA TA TA
AccessME:
Bello can't win the election is rigged. I'm in Lokoja nw

23 Likes

Re: Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections by skelewu404(m): 4:48pm On Nov 17, 2019
AccessME:
just text it first

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections by Johans1991: 4:51pm On Nov 17, 2019
What is the convener name again?
Are you thinking what I am thinking?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections by Staro: 4:53pm On Nov 17, 2019

Kogi elections was a sham

Buhari is a disgrace.to Africa

126 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 17, 2019
skelewu404:
text me ur location
you think I don't know ur plan is to trace me maybe u think i'm dumb as u are. You lack sense.

89 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections by helinues: 4:56pm On Nov 17, 2019
Hahahaha.. Another Unilag cold room group

1 Like

Re: Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections by FakeManna: 5:25pm On Nov 17, 2019
[s]
helinues:
Hahahaha.. Another Unilag cold room group
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections by skelewu404(m): 5:55pm On Nov 17, 2019
AccessME:
you think I don't know ur plan is to trace me maybe u think i'm dumb as u are. You lack sense.
why u dey fear now pls no fear o.
Remember
We come in peace but we mean business

4 Likes

Re: Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections by adanny01(m): 6:11pm On Nov 17, 2019
karnafiu03:
The Nigerian Civil Society Situation Room has called for the total cancellation of the elections held in Kogi State on Saturday due to the high level of violence and vote buying.

Governorship election was held across the state while a senatorial rerun election was held in Kogi West district.

The Situation Room, a coalition of prominent civic groups, said the Kogi election represents a major dent to Nigeria’s democracy.

The convener of the situation room, Clement Nwankwo, announced the group’s stance in a press conference in Abuja on Sunday.

According to him, if this election is allowed to stand, 2023 and Ondo State election next year will be a bloodbath.

The Situation Room is one of the accredited observers for the election.

PREMIUM TIMES reported how the Kogi State election was characterised by the late arrival of electoral materials, violence and intimidation of voters. The election was, however, also peaceful and efficient in some other areas.

A total of 24 candidates are taking part in the gubernatorial election. Although the registered voters in the state are 1,646,350, about 1,485,828 (90.2 per cent) have collected their PVCs and are thus eligible to vote in the 21 local governments of the state.

Details later…

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/363745-breaking-situation-room-calls-for-cancellation-of-kogi-elections.html

My question is, why didn't they call for cancellation of the elections immediately after the elections but had to wait over 24hrs when the results were collated and being announced.

Some Nigerians just don't feel ashamed cos this says that the election didn't go the way they expected it.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections by lonelydora: 6:54pm On Nov 17, 2019
In Nigeria, na who outrig the other dey win election.

APC rig and PDP rig. Who rig pass dey win election.

Igbos (especially Abia state) have a lot to learn from Bayelsa state.

5 Likes

Re: Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 17, 2019
Who or what is situation room? Is it an animal or a thing?

Cancel kiii dem dia

Laughing in Ta Ta Ta Ta Ta
grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections by chronique(m): 6:54pm On Nov 17, 2019
The kind of elections conducted under Buhari's government is a reflection of the government of the day. An illegitimate, fraudulent and despicable government. I watched videos of thugs aided by politicians, carting away electoral materials after shooting and chasing voters away and I couldn't believe my eyes. Our policemen and soldiers were giving cover to these criminals. In some of the videos, the policemen even joined to help to carry ballot boxes. This is the type of elections Buhari with his foul stench of "integrity" is supervising and bequeathing to Nigerians. Such a sad tale.

57 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections by Peacemaker5129(f): 6:54pm On Nov 17, 2019
We will order sit at home tomorrow if PDP is not declared winner
It is ligging

7 Likes

Re: Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections by ashantitope: 6:54pm On Nov 17, 2019
That what we have been hearing for so long there is no election in Nigeria that they will not call for cancellation abeg they should Park well
Re: Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections by bro4u: 6:55pm On Nov 17, 2019
skelewu404:
why u dey fear now pls no fear o.
Remember
We come in peace but we mean business
Mod una dey see this guy shey Make we observe am well cos I no trust am

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections by moyinoluwabun(m): 6:55pm On Nov 17, 2019
How can someone comfortably rule knowing fully well people were killed to rig for him. Pharaoh kind of leaders everywhere.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections by Kuginzi: 6:55pm On Nov 17, 2019
Staro:

Kogi elections was a sham

Buhari is a disgrace.to Africa

Hmm!! Yeyeh wailers

6 Likes

Re: Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections by michoim(m): 6:56pm On Nov 17, 2019
Nonsense IPOB situation room...Trash!!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections by DWJOBScom(m): 6:56pm On Nov 17, 2019
THis is sad for democracy
Are we moving forward or backward ??
They don’t even care anymore
Honestly APC is not healthy for this country
Policemen tried to intimidate a sitting government, today we buried a citizen killed by thugs and many more.
They don’t even care about the various videos captured on social media.
You can’t hold power forever

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections by penjm: 6:56pm On Nov 17, 2019
APC why?

2 Likes

Re: Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections by olutop(m): 6:56pm On Nov 17, 2019
adanny01:

My question is, why didn't they call for cancellation of the elections immediately after the elections but had to wait over 24hrs when the results were collated and being announced.

Some Nigerians just don't feel ashamed cos this says that the election didn't go the way they expected it.
Probably they had to wait for the report of there members that went to the field and collation centres....but sincerely this is the worst election that v witnessed in this nation, that Yahaya Bello is evil must he be Governor?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Situation Room Calls For Cancellation Of Kogi Elections by Quality20(m): 6:57pm On Nov 17, 2019
what's E9 tracking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Best Developed State In South-South Region? / Kola Aluko Lost Weight In New Photo / Orji Uzor Kalu And Ebube, His Daughter (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.