Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke (17503 Views)

Where Those The Igbo Word Derived/emanated Frm,and The Meaning? / Goodluck’s Name Is Ebelemi; Its Not Igbo Word – Angry Ojukwu Speaks / Goodluck’s Name Is Ebelemi; Its Not Igbo Word –ojukwu ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by becomrich4: 11:55pm On Nov 19, 2010
The Agbor people call God by the name "Osolobue", Igbo word is Chineke
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by becomrich4: 12:43am On Nov 20, 2010
Ishiekwene , Eluebo, Adagbon, Ayokor Asoya Egede, Benji

You people are sick. I am telling you , Ika people are not igbo. look at all this name above, they are names of Ika people, do this look igbo to you.

It is 419 by the PDP to win election. for another election to give them another 4 years.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by vicenzo(m): 11:23am On Nov 21, 2010
@ poster.Ever heard of a place called igbo?See ika people call God oselobue,ikwere people say chiokike,nsukka people say ezechitoke abiama, owerri people say chileke,aro people say obasi,ogidi say osa or olisa,anioma say olise, some anambrarians say osebuluwa, does that tel u something, Igbo people speak in dialects called olumba,get your facts.

2 Likes

Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by ChinenyeN(m): 2:44pm On Nov 21, 2010
vicenzo:

@ poster.Ever heard of a place called igbo?See ika people call God oselobue,ikwere people say chiokike,nsukka people say ezechitoke abiama, [b]owerri people say chileke,[/b]aro people say obasi,ogidi say osa or olisa,anioma say olise, some anambrarians say osebuluwa, does that tel u something, Igbo people speak in dialects called olumba,get your facts.
Confirmation please. How true is the bolded.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 21, 2010
Benin say ''Osanobua''

1 Like

Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by Abagworo(m): 3:19pm On Nov 21, 2010
Osebuluwa is God the creator of the world.Oselobue and Osanobua might mean thesame.Ose is God while Uwa is world.Orisabruwa is an Imo version.In this case Ose becomes Orisa.Someone from Imo will answer Orisakwe while Anambra is Olisakwe but both are shortened to Osakwe.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by udezue(m): 3:21pm On Nov 21, 2010
Dummy. If by now u don't know Igbo people have several words for the samething then you are clearly retarded. Useless thread.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by ChinenyeN(m): 3:27pm On Nov 21, 2010
udezue:

Dummy. If by now u don't know Igbo people have several use different words for the samething then you are clearly retarded. Useless thread.
The above change seems more appropriate to me.

Anyone going to confirm that bit on Owere & "Chileke"?
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by Abagworo(m): 3:31pm On Nov 21, 2010
ChinenyeN:

The above change seems more appropriate to me.

Anyone going to confirm that bit on Owere & "Chileke"?

Don't mind that post.It is inaccurate.Owerri is Chi Okike.Chileke is Ngwa and Asa.Ikwerre is Chi Okuke.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by udezue(m): 3:34pm On Nov 21, 2010
@Chileke, never heard Chileke b4 just like I never knew about Chiokike until recent so I can't confirm anything. There are many Igbo words for certain things that I don't even know about.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by ChinenyeN(m): 3:34pm On Nov 21, 2010
Abagworo:

Don't mind that post.It is inaccurate.Owerri is Chi Okike.Chileke is Ngwa and Asa.Ikwerre is Chi Okuke.
Exactly what I thought. That's why I asked. It didn't sound quite right to me, based off what I already knew. Thank you.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by ChinenyeN(m): 3:36pm On Nov 21, 2010
udezue:

@Chileke, never heard Chileke b4 just like I never knew about Chiokike until recent so I can't confirm anything. There are many Igbo words for certain things that I don't even know about.
You mean you don't recall me every saying "Chileke"? Not even on FB/YFI?
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by udezue(m): 3:44pm On Nov 21, 2010
Chineke or Chileke, so similar I would have overlooked it easily.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by slap1(m): 3:53pm On Nov 21, 2010
Chileke is not an Owerri word. I think some other Igbo use it. I had a Mbaise neighbour that used it often.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by slap1(m): 3:55pm On Nov 21, 2010
But what's the point of this thread?
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by 9javoice1(m): 3:58pm On Nov 21, 2010
@ becomrich4

all igbo language is not exactly same so don't bring in some trash thread here.  Anyway i have been looking for an opportunity to ask you this question's below Mr becomerich4:

1) why do you like propaganda thread so much?
2)why do you enjoy planting seed of discords between peoples?
3)You always talk about Yoruba,Benin and delta's joining Benin rep together?(how come you never talk about Yoruba's joining Benin rep alone,or does it mean that Yoruba's is still afraid in this our century)
4)why do you always talk about disintegration instead of unity that awolowo defends?don't you think that biafran's is now right going by your idea?
5[b])how will you feel when people tells you that your other sibling's are from another man even when your dad is alive? whenever you talk about delta's differ from igbo do you know that you are planting discord. (igbos don't like talking about Yoruba diversities even as we know that Yoruba's are too different as same as Hausa's)[/b]
6)do you believe that everything in this world changes? and wheel of furtune keeps turning . these igbo's you usually talk against can be of good help to you as a person tomorrow even to your dear Yoruba land tomorrow. so my dear take life easy.

Pls can you make more enquiry and see so many other igbo languages the Ilka's speak, though as i can see you really know nothing about ikaland.and i believe it will do you more good to stop talking about issues that you have idea of. Mr.Becomerich4 pls try to bring in issues that will bring in unity and oneness in Nigeria not the one that Will split us. If an igbo man says divide often as you do people will begin to say that igbo's are tribalists. pls don't make other tribes in Nigeria to say the same over Yoruba's because of your unguided idea.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by ChinenyeN(m): 4:01pm On Nov 21, 2010
Oh ok. Makes sense, Udezue.

Slap, I don't think there is a point to this thread.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by jason12345: 4:04pm On Nov 21, 2010
@ BCR

why don't the yorubas in benin republic join us why the other way around?
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by 9javoice1(m): 4:12pm On Nov 21, 2010
Mr.Jason12345 God bless you, becomerich never think about this your idea he only think joining Benin rep in all his thread and i don't understand him. now he seldom reply words here because he is in other thread talking about nonsense issue he has no knowledge of,and the next thing he will send you a map to prove that ignorant. pls may we stop talking here because there are no point here.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by jason12345: 4:18pm On Nov 21, 2010
9ja voice:

Mr.Jason12345 God bless you, becomerich never think about this your idea he only think joining Benin rep in all his thread and i don't understand him. now he seldom reply words here because he is in other thread talking about nonsense issue he has no knowledge of,and the next thing he will send you a map to prove that ignorant. pls may we stop talking here because there are no point here.

thank you and God bless you too!

i think he is from benin republic and he wants the yorubas in nigeria to join him!!! anyway, this is my last post here. grin
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by smile11s(m): 4:52pm On Nov 21, 2010
becomepoor my Bleep
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by saintneo(m): 6:06pm On Nov 21, 2010
9ja voice:

@ becomrich4

all igbo language is not exactly same so don't bring in some trash thread here.  Anyway i have been looking for an opportunity to ask you this question's below Mr becomerich4:

1) why do you like propaganda thread so much?
2)why do you enjoy planting seed of discords between peoples?
3)You always talk about Yoruba,Benin and delta's joining Benin rep together?(how come you never talk about Yoruba's joining Benin rep alone,or does it mean that Yoruba's is still afraid in this our century)
4)why do you always talk about disintegration instead of unity that awolowo defends?don't you think that biafran's is now right going by your idea?
5[b])how will you feel when people tells you that your other sibling's are from another man even when your dad is alive? whenever you talk about delta's differ from igbo do you know that you are planting discord. (igbos don't like talking about Yoruba diversities even as we know that Yoruba's are too different as same as Hausa's)[/b]
6)do you believe that everything in this world changes? and wheel of furtune keeps turning . these igbo's you usually talk against can be of good help to you as a person tomorrow even to your dear Yoruba land tomorrow. so my dear take life easy.

Pls can you make more enquiry and see so many other igbo languages the Ilka's speak, though as i can see you really know nothing about ikaland.and i believe it will do you more good to stop talking about issues that you have idea of. Mr.Becomerich4 pls try to bring in issues that will bring in unity and oneness in Nigeria not the one that Will split us. If an igbo man says divide often as you do people will begin to say that igbo's are tribalists. pls don't make other tribes in Nigeria to say the same over Yoruba's because of your unguided idea.
Xtra cool
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by udezue(m): 6:16pm On Nov 21, 2010
The thread is pointless.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by Ibime(m): 7:12pm On Nov 21, 2010
Recently met Agbor guy called Ikechukwu. Asked him why he answers Igbo name and he says they have their own language but hardly use it.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by abadaba(m): 7:19pm On Nov 21, 2010
Ibime:

Recently met Agbor guy called Ikechukwu. Asked him why he answers Igbo name and he says they have their own language but hardly use it.
What they have is their own dialect not language. Their language is Igbo. In Ahoada, we have our own dialect, but our language is Igbo.

1 Like

Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by becomrich4: 7:42pm On Nov 21, 2010
9ja voice, the national assembly has no choice than remove edo,delta and Yoruba out , you have problem. Look even if Jonathan refuse, they would remove Jonathan in less than 72 hours. because ethnicity place important role in voting at the national assembly. if they dont remove them, nigeria would end up in a bloodly civil war.   if we go by the book. you would end up in a civil war.

So the need to make the history clear who is igbo and who is not. So when they break up the country, it would be easy for you people to know why sure decision has been taken.

Osolobue is not igbo, but benin, if you look at ika , most of it word are benin, what happen is interaction with igbo made them pick up igbo word, since they have to do business with igbo travellers and also so igbo immigrated there.

there are very few igbo who can speak igbo without including english. the same thing with ika people.  80% of yorubas cant speak yoruba without including english.  it does not make english. more than 50% nupe cant speak nupe with including yoruba. That is why IBB name is badamosi babaginda. Which any yoruba man would tell you the meaning, but he is not yoruba. So ika people picking up igbo names do not mean he is igbo.

Bachama people speak hausa in adamawa state , but they are not hausa, Angus people speak hausa too, they are not hausa people. Kanuri people speak hausa , they are not hausa. Anaguta   Attakar Bakulung Bole Daza Ngamo  etc in the north who speak hausa and bear hausa names but they are not hausa people.

The same thing for the ika people. They are not igbos.

Look I am not a person who would want to see nigeria break up. Please go and ask Philip Adekunle of NVS. I would look for one of the tapes , we did many years ago on naija radio. And you could listen to know, I am not into Separatism. But we are looking at the pictures. it is not good. Nigeria has problem. serious problem. That a state of emergency may be decleared. Which the constitution allows.

i am doing my best to get you out of trouble.

I can see the satellite picture. And I know nigeria very well. You are going to end up in a civil war.

You see the 2006 census says only 3 state in the south has population over 5 million. I am telling you, we are looking at the satellite picture in nearly real time over here. 12 state in the south has a population of over 5 million. Nigeria population should be above 200 or about,  You people are too many, 

Even in the western Niger of Nigeria. the population is over 70 million from what we see here.if they join you to benin republic. You would be above 80 million. Apart from bayelsa, ebonyi,cross river , abia and imo. I am  sure the other state look above 5 million people each.

Look enugu state is more populated than imo state by far far. it is too obvious. Enugu state is more than 5 million, river is more than 5 million and ogun is nearly twice the population of river.

Enugu state is more populated than akwa ibom state too.   Anambra state is far above 5 million and more populated than akwa ibom.

Enugu state 3 million is more populated than niger state 4 million , even anambra state 4 million is more populated than niger state 4 million. 

Anambra state 4 million is more populated than katsina state 5.7  million

So I am telling you , you have problem.

Look young man, I am not young, but I would tell you, I understand igbo because my friends are igbos while i was young. and i would you, it would wonderful to go by the book, but in this case , it is impossible.

The north would not agree, i lived in the north. And you have no choice than remove one part of nigeria. any one he is the answer to this problem is a evil man.

No human is the answer. we have problem. And you people need to wake up to the fact, that we have to break up nigeria   or give part to benin republic. this is the only solution. the hausa fulani may not agree to leave and join niger republic.

The 5 igbo state and cross river state making 6 state can only be remove and join cameroon.  while nigeria keep aakwa ibom , rivers state. I am telling the 5 igbos state and cross river  would not agree to join cameroon. cameroon is so poor the president sometime dont pay hotel bill in europe.

Or do you igbo want to be remove into cameroon with river state, while akwa ibom and river state remain in nigeria.

http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DtlpZr8IRUcY%26feature%3Dplayer_embedded

Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by udezue(m): 7:57pm On Nov 21, 2010
@Adababa, no mind Ibime. Ignorant fart. I'm Awka and we have our own dialect. My Aro people get their own too. There is a popular song n a Awka and it "Chukwu gozie ndi na asu Awka" God Bless people who speak Awka. It still doesn't mean Awka ppl are no longer Igbo.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by becomrich4: 7:59pm On Nov 21, 2010
This is what the ika people believe in . they believe that  life started at Ominije. They were created by Osolobue (Almighty God) and  the ika people believe in Ominije people, does that sound like igbo people to you.

look my class mate from nursery ,elementary school, high school is ika. he also bear an igbo name, but his sister bears a benin name. I ask thier father, who was like a father to me, he said they are not igbo people. his cousin I think he is a police officer in nigeria, said so too. Even his name too is benin. i was confuse too, why would a person bear an igbo name, when he is not igbo. but when you go into thier history, you know why they say so.

Prof chike obi name his son, babatunde. we call him agama. because he was tall. I am sorry if he read this.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by becomrich4: 8:58pm On Nov 21, 2010
udeze, i am telling you my friend, i have knew him from age 3. I was about 3 years old. since I have knew him. Look even when I came to canada, he went to  my parent house and still slept there. I go to his place and do the same.

I am telling you, he understand thier language and speak the language. but i have never once seen him speak igbo before. even if igbo people speak igbo to him, he never answer them igbo. He would speak english to them and ask them to explain what they just said. I understand igbo. I have classmate who are igbo, friends who are igbo, and they would tell you, I am not a tribalist.

They would not be my friend, if I was a tribalist. if they read this , they would tell you, something must be really wrong.  I am telling you in my family,we have igbo , calabar women etc who bear the same last name as me. I have nephew who are igbo and cousin who are igbo. So if I am telling you people to run when you can, then you must know ,that wetin I see for the satellite picture, na serious trouble.

We get problem, if not you are going to end up in civil war. Over here, i have people married to us that is from akwa ibom and another is igbo. and I am telling you, we see trouble. and you people should run.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by Obiagu1(m): 9:03pm On Nov 21, 2010
@ becomrich4,

I have to support you this time, remove Igbo territories, Akwa-Ibom and Cross River and add them to Cameroun.
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by becomrich4: 9:16pm On Nov 21, 2010
they would not agree to go into cameroon. cameroon is so poor, that the nigeria govt give thier student money to school in nigeria. so you can see the impact and how it would affect other africa countries , if nigeria goes to war.

It would affect the republic of benin, ghana,togo, ivory coast,Burkina Faso, niger,chad , cameroon, etc so bad. they would all declear Bankruptcy. Nigeria service most of the africa countries in term of industries goods and service, even hydro(electricity).

I do not see benin republic given us trouble. because most of the ethnics group in benin are also in nigeria. there are fon people in nigeria, and borgu,yoruba people in nigeria
Re: The Agbor People Call God By The Name "osolobue", Igbo Word Is Chineke by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 21, 2010
Abagworo said:

Osebuluwa is God the creator of the world. Oselobue and Osanobua might mean the same. Ose is God while Uwa is world. Orisabruwa is an Imo version.In this case Ose becomes Orisa. Someone from Imo will answer Orisakwe while Anambra is Olisakwe but both are shortened to Osakwe.

Osa, Ose, on the one hand, and Orisa, Olisa on the other, are all derivates of the ancient Egyptian God, ''Osiris'' (also known as ''Ausar'', ''Ausari'' etc), and his son ''Horus', or ''Horus-ast''.

Our ancestors migrated from the Nile Valley in antiquity following invasions from the descendants of those who now people those places.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do Crimes Like Blowing-Up Pipelines Develop The Niger Delta? / Throwback: Why Atiku Will Lose The Core North - OPINION / Soldier Filmed Colleagues Killing Captives In Maiduguri – Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.