Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,878 members, 7,810,340 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates (32581 Views)

Kano New Emirates Have Come To Stay, Ganduje Replies Kwankwaso / Court Nullifies Creation Of New Emirates In Kano / The Moment Ganduje Shaded Emir Sanusi, Reveals Why He Created New Emirates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates by BuhariCarryGo: 8:42pm On Nov 21, 2019
Some residents of Kano communities are currently embarking on a protest over Thursday’s court judgment.

PREMIUM TIMES reported how the Kano high court nullified the creation of four new first-class emirates by the state government.

The four new emirates for which Governor Abdullahi Ganduje named first-class emirs in May are Bichi, Rano, Karaye and Gaya.

Justice Usman Na’Abba ruled on Thursday that the law creating the new emirates did not follow due process.

After the judgement, scores of residents of Karaye, one of the affected areas, trooped out to protest the judgement.

A similar protest is ongoing in Gaya.
There are unconfirmed reports that similar protests were holding in other emirates.
In Karaye, the residents carried placards, whose contents were in Hausa, to show their grievances at the judgment.

“Leave us in our new emirate, the Karaye emirate,” one of the placards reads.
“The people of Karaye are in support of the new emirate,” another placard reads.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/364420-just-in-protest-in-kano-over-court-ruling-on-new-emirates.html?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates by BuhariCarryGo: 8:42pm On Nov 21, 2019
Hmmm, the state Assembly has the power to make laws. But the process followed were wrong. Therefore why the celebrations. The government will appeal the judgment shi ke nan. Murnar mutuwa murnar banza. The new Emirates have to stay in sha Allah

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates by angelEmade: 8:47pm On Nov 21, 2019
it continues....
the war between Gandollar and the emir
someone below me said the north is the route to hell...
with bokoharam and their strict shariah laws...I cant agree less.
.but if you are like me who doesn't know whom to support please just have a look at my signature and register.
omoolomo...I cannot come and waste my STC on top mallam thread

17 Likes

Re: Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates by myfan: 8:55pm On Nov 21, 2019
Alright
Re: Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates by Pusyiter(m): 8:56pm On Nov 21, 2019
Paid urchins on the rampage
That's why the north is the route to hell

97 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates by ursullalinda(f): 9:21pm On Nov 21, 2019
Confused mofo's...Wasted energy

13 Likes

Re: Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates by Zeezxo(m): 10:01pm On Nov 21, 2019
Nonsense and nonsensical
Wetin be my own self in other ways
Pls Nairaland how can we locate Mannagrillbbq just to pay a visit to him.

12 Likes

Re: Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates by HeadNigga: 10:02pm On Nov 21, 2019
You protest court rulings by appealing the judgement and not taking to the streets fellow Nigerians.

12 Likes

Re: Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates by ArmaniUhuru: 10:04pm On Nov 21, 2019
Sanusi = 2
Ganduje = 0

The dollar governor no dey do refund o, how the sacked emirs go con take get their dollars back na?

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates by ozoebuka1(m): 10:05pm On Nov 21, 2019
I did my nysc there in karaye camp and I think the community needs more than just emirate... They need development. Poverty is real.

59 Likes

Re: Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates by scrapNG: 10:06pm On Nov 21, 2019
HMMM
Re: Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates by laprine(m): 10:06pm On Nov 21, 2019
BuhariCarryGo:
Hmmm, the state Assembly has the power to make laws. But the process followed were wrong. Therefore why the celebrations. The government will appeal the judgment shi ke nan. Murnar mutuwa murnar banza. The new Emirates have to stay in sha Allah
What has bn the the impact of the old Emirate that was there before?.I don't think is abt creating Emirates that are of no important

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates by greatcrown: 10:07pm On Nov 21, 2019
I think government power is limited to creating local government and not emirate / Oba / Obi as doing that will have serious like unpredictable implications on history.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates by Qoko: 10:07pm On Nov 21, 2019
Gov Gangu has cash out already and no refund to the dissolved emirates, thats what happen when you refused to follow due process cos you are a governor.

6 Likes

Re: Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates by b0rn2fuck(m): 10:07pm On Nov 21, 2019
Worst people

2 Likes

Re: Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates by Sukueponmalu: 10:09pm On Nov 21, 2019
[s]
laprine:

What has bn the the impact of the old Emirate that was there before?.I don't think is abt creating Emirates that are of no important
[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates by peaceway(m): 10:10pm On Nov 21, 2019
ozoebuka1:
I did my nysc there in karaye camp and I think the community needs more than just emirate... They need development. Poverty is real.

We're you posted to karate local government, cos service in nassarawa local government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates by Hubsolar: 10:12pm On Nov 21, 2019
Ganduje lost the war las las

3 Likes

Re: Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates by Untainted007: 10:14pm On Nov 21, 2019
His Imperial Majesty (HIM) Sanusi Sanusi, God is on ur side. Shame on you Gandollar.

6 Likes

Re: Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates by Yeeyo: 10:15pm On Nov 21, 2019
Up u over their

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates by SirIconR(m): 10:16pm On Nov 21, 2019
sponsored and chartered crowd

7 Likes

Re: Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 21, 2019
I don't even understand how such a nonsensical thing could bother them
Re: Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates by BotherMleeper(m): 10:19pm On Nov 21, 2019
BuhariCarryGo:

Atoh

Gaya musu dai.
Re: Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates by ozoebuka1(m): 10:20pm On Nov 21, 2019
peaceway:

We're you posted to karate local government, cos service in nassarawa local government
Nope, Served in KMC.
Re: Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates by Brunicekid(m): 10:20pm On Nov 21, 2019
ozoebuka1:
Wowww...
Re: Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates by noisy45(m): 10:27pm On Nov 21, 2019
ozoebuka1:

I also camped there 2016

1 Like

Re: Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates by GerraMeh74(m): 10:30pm On Nov 21, 2019
[b]After the judgement, scores of residents of Karaye, one of the affected areas, trooped out to protest the judgement.[/b]where are the troops that trooped out? Fake news

2 Likes

Re: Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates by texazzpete(m): 10:34pm On Nov 21, 2019
Sanusi is way too progressive for many of these backward folks. That’s why they dislike him.

That man would have made the best President we’ve ever seen in Nigeria if we were lucky enough to get him in power. But alas.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates by Nobody: 10:42pm On Nov 21, 2019
Arangee protest, paid protest, scanty protesters, all becos gan USD want to rubbish Sanubaba

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates by AbuAeesha: 10:45pm On Nov 21, 2019
[quote author=BuhariCarryGo post=84247810]Hmmm, the state Assembly has the power to make laws. But the process followed were wrong. Therefore why the celebrations. The government will appeal the judgment shi ke nan. Murnar mutuwa murnar banza. The new Emirates have to stay in sha Allah[/quoti
i am asking in u a calm manner, what's the benefits of dividing the emirate? therefore trying to divide the good pple of kano.the kingmakers and noble Islamic scholars were against the new emirate

4 Likes

Re: Protest In Kano Over Court Ruling On New Emirates by AbuAeesha: 10:46pm On Nov 21, 2019
looks more like an arranged protest

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shettima Donates Utility Vehicles To Army - Photos / Buhari May Cut Fashola's Ministry To Give Way For Kachikwu / Nigerian Embassy Building In Congo DR Taken Over By Police, Hoodlums

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.